EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Massaker » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
I have read a very interesting article about "Massaker", this German documentary about the Sabra and Chatila massacre. They filmed the "confessions" of some of the murderers who did that -some express no regret, some do.
I may go and watch it. Has anyone heard about it?

Learner
Member # 9153
 - posted
Why don't you post this article so everybody can enjoy the reading?

This massacre has marked the lowest period of Israel. But having Ariel Sharon leading the state some time after the event shows that a ruler can regret the mistakes he made in the past. The whole problem in the Israelo-Palestinian conflict comes from the lack of management from those having the power. In this case, Israel is fingered. The vice relies in the inability of the israelian rulers to share their views with the palestinian people. They have been rather obssessed in manipulating their enemy by hiding behind the security issue. The israelian leaders have adopted an attitude to the palestinian masses that is really close to attitudes of somekind of low class arab leader. It's obvious that a compromising approach would have been more benefiting for the region but in the peace process, the powerful refuses to compromise, being blind to higher goals and systematically adopting a defensive position. This defensive attitude is typical to the jews, a brave people that has developped mechanisms of survival due to his targetisation. Israel has now to work on the arab masses, a hard task considering the deafness (if not stubborness) of these masses, lost between their ego and their god, living by a truth which is no more actual.

Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
I didn't read it online, and anyway, it's in French. But I will try to get it online. For the French speaking interested in it, I read it in "Le Nouvel Observateur".
I agree with what you say. Palestinians have also made mistakes, but the initial problem comes from the Israeli of course. Now the situation is really bad, I don't know what's going to happen in the coming years.

Learner
Member # 9153
 - posted
If there is an online site of "Le Nouvel Observateur", i should refer to him more often, i like this newspaper, they're always brilliant in their analysis.

Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
www.permanent.nouvelobs.com for the website.
But I couldn't find my article [Frown]

Learner
Member # 9153
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:
www.permanent.nouvelobs.com for the website.
But I couldn't find my article [Frown]

Don't worry be happy [Smile]

Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
Where are you from, if I may ask? Belgium?

Learner
Member # 9153
 - posted
quote:
Where are you from, if I may ask? Belgium?

Yes i'm from Belgium, where are you from in Belgium?... i'm from Brussels... I always like to know new restaurants in Brussels.

Have you been to egypt? It's a really nice country you have to know him. I've always been interested in the pharaos...

Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
I'm in France. I want to go to Brussels so bad! It's really a great city, from what I heard! A lot of culture, I love it!

I have lived in Egypt several years and I hope to settle back there in September!

Learner
Member # 9153
 - posted
quote:
I'm in France. I want to go to Brussels so bad! It's really a great city, from what I heard! A lot of culture, I love it!

I have lived in Egypt several years and I hope to settle back there in September!

Geneva's much better than brussels, everybody knows this. Less culture, but a marvellous environment.

Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
I'm more interested in culture actually. I have spent some time in Geneva. Yeah, beautiful environement, but it's not my "tasse de thé". Brussels is definitely the best to me.

Learner
Member # 9153
 - posted
quote:
I'm more interested in culture actually. I have spent some time in Geneva. Yeah, beautiful environement, but it's not my "tasse de thé". Brussels is definitely the best to me.

Brussels... the "Choux de Bruxelles"... or the fried potato of Brussel... Is brussel really an option?

Barbapapa
Member # 10031
 - posted
Je déteste les choux de Bruxelles!!!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com