EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » egyptian marriage laws » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
melaak
Member # 9600
 - posted
i am an american woman meeting my arabic fiance in egypt to marry... do i need to wait for IDDA if i am recently divorced.. Hurry i need help!! thanks

Cosmogirl
Member # 8748
 - posted
I hope you have all of your paperwork in order. Egypt takes VERY seriously the idea of Western Divorcee's making off with all the eligibles.

melaak
Member # 9600
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by melaak:
i am an american woman meeting my arabic fiance in egypt to marry... do i need to wait for IDDA if i am recently divorced.. Hurry i need help!! thanks

well lol he is not egyptian he is iraqi!!

newcomer
Member # 1056
 - posted
I would suggest that you read this page carefully and if you have any further questions you should contact the American Embassy in Cairo directly and ask them. http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/marriage.htm

kaldoais
Member # 8386
 - posted
How long have you been divorced? Are you Muslim? I'm not sure if you would have to wait out the idda if you are not Muslim. You will also need to get your divorce papers authenticated not once but twice. You will have to get a certified copy of the papers then get them authenticated by your state after that you will have to send them to Washington DC for more authenticating. Then in Egypt they will have to authenicate at the embassy. Hope this helps.

quote:

melaak
Member # 9600
 - posted
yeh thanks i have read that but i am getting mixed signals about the idda period.. some say if i am american i dont have to wait... so thank you for your help..

kaldoais
Member # 8386
 - posted
From reading the information on this website it looks like you'd have to wait out your idda.

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
I would suggest that you read this page carefully and if you have any further questions you should contact the American Embassy in Cairo directly and ask them. http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/marriage.htm

melaak
Member # 9600
 - posted
no i am not muslim i am recently divorced within a month but its a long story anyway yes its a huge help thank you kaldoais much appreciated!!!

sonomod
Member # 3864
 - posted
First off your spelling is atrocious for an American.

CONTACT.

And have you ever heard the term rebound?

Now the timing of your upcoming nuptials will make your marriage suspect. So forget about even applying for a spousal visa.

kaldoais
Member # 8386
 - posted
I don't think it matters if you're American or not.

quote:
yeh thanks i have read that but i am getting mixed signals about the idda period.. some say if i am american i dont have to wait... so thank you for your help..

melaak
Member # 9600
 - posted
roxann:

thank you so much your info was a huge help and thanks for not judging without knowing the whole story... i would love your email address to talk more..

thanks again melaak

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668
 - posted
quote:
roxann:

thank you so much your info was a huge help and thanks for not judging without knowing the whole story... i would love your email address to talk more..

thanks again melaak

You have to obey the idda requirement as you will marry under Egyptian law not American: your religion or nationality does not matter. The idda period for a divorcee is 3 months and 3 days. Mabrouk! [Smile]

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com