EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Special Needs Children » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Iberis
Member # 10327
 - posted
This is a request to anyone travelling to Luxor in the future. Could you possibly find space in your luggage for some toys for a group of children with moderate to severe mental & physical disabilities. 11 children are resident in a home here run by one of the churches. Others attend the centre on a day care basis. The children are well cared for physically & emotionally but lack of funds means resources, toys & play materials are very scarce. These children require stimulation in lots of ways. Toys that make sounds, play music would be great. Also toys which help to improve eye/hand co-ordination, improve muscle strength & gross motor skills. I would be happy to collect any items from people at their hotels. Thanking you in anticipation,
Iberis.

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759
 - posted
You are a wonderful person, Iberis...I can't help, but maybe others can...

Hey, guys, is on the board someone interested to help? I think it's a worthy cause...

Iberis
Member # 10327
 - posted
Thanks for your support Sadeeqy even though you can't help in material ways. These children are such happy souls even though some of them have experienced great hardship & neglect in their short lives. Now they live in a safe, caring environment but in material ways they have very little. I was a teacher in the UK & hope to collect a range of toys & materials that will enrich their lives socially & educationally. Once again thanks for your kind words. If only a handful of people can help it's better than nothing!!

Madame.E
Member # 9974
 - posted
Iberis, I have PM'D you

Iberis
Member # 10327
 - posted
Come on guys, there must be more people who can help. I've only had one real offer so far. Please think about it, any help, however small will be greatly appreciated by this hard working group of people. We need to provide activities & resources to enrich these kid's lives.

Melati
Member # 9610
 - posted
I also cannot help directly, but I d like to say that early intervention as your program provides is the key to an easier adult life for these kids.
I work in disabilities field , with adults with mild to moderate intellectual disablilty and autism spectrum,often with secondary psych. issues, placing them in work and supporting them.
The ones who have had good early intervention are the ones who will have a good chance at good quality life experiences.It is really exactly like an investment for a good community.

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
Iberis,
If you could mail me in private, I could send you're initiative to a friend of mine that does have a travelagency to Egypt. I could ask her to pass a text on to her clients.
What to bring and how to get in touch with you or the institution. I am sorry I am not going myself. We always go to Alex.

Demiana

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
Thanks for the message Iberis,

I have passed it on, hopefully you will get some response from people going to Luxor.

For others, you can also donate to SOSkinderdorpen, a originally German initiative that (together with an Egypt organisation, set up by different first ladies of Egypt) shelters and educates orphaned kids in a family- and communitylike surrounding. They have 3 villages in Egypt amongst other initiatives. I contribute to the Alexandrian village.

I am not sure if there is an English website.

http://www.soskinderdorpen.nl/cgi-bin/sos/jsp/wherewehelp.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@0209906782.1142781198@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccaddheflgggicfngcfkmdhkhdffj.0&site=NL&lang=nl&nav=2.3&c=1155 7&ct=14359&v=0

Demiana

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
oke found it

http://www.sos-childrensvillages.org/

They work only with local people.

Demiana

Luxorlover
Member # 4457
 - posted
Iberis, if you PM me more details about the charity I can leave a note on a Luxor based forum. That might reach more people that could offer practical help.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com