EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Scenic routes to landmark sites » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
awrah
Member # 11479
 - posted
Ever got lost on the way to a tourist site and went down some roads you wish you hadn't?

Made a impromto shortcut and found a fascinating drive that just made the entire day out even more memorable?

Now we all can sit here and list all of the favorite sight seeing and landmark visiting stops seen in Cairo. But what is often forgot is the route in which to get to these sites.

Well I remember these routes more often than the destination.

Like the route off of Cairo/Alex desert road in order to avoid the 26th of July Bridge, it was supposed to be slums but just past the ramp I looked down below and saw fruit trees growing flowering buds and a small group of frisky goats frolicking under the blossoms. Sights like that surprise you.

Or take the route past Abdeen Palace on route to the Egypt Musuem. The taxi driver avoided 4 blocks of car free traffic to avoid the security forces in front of the Palace. It was 2 blocks past the Palace before I turned my head and saw what I had not had an opportunity to ride past. I sqwacked and said we had to go back, this was posposterous to my in-laws and didn't see the use of driving past the President's Villa.

Or even avoiding the route closest to the Nile front in order to cruise past a taxi depot.

Have you had the coulda, shoulda, & wish you hadn't routes?

DawnBev
Member # 11276
 - posted
Oh yes. usually I prefer to travel and tour independently so I can see the sites that I specifically want to see instead of being crushed on an organised tour. Unfortunately, even armed with the best of maps I get lost and have ended up in the red-light districts of most cities by mistake!

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com