EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Roman Greco Museum & Alexandria National Museum » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
awrah
Member # 11479
 - posted
Are these two Museums open or still closed for renovation?

And if they are open are they fully open, all wings?

Just wondering if someone has gotten out to see these recently.

Guest Of Life
Member # 11462
 - posted
i can check it, if it's so important for you, let me know

Albino_Eskimo
Member # 11479
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Guest Of Life:
i can check it, if it's so important for you, let me know

yeah that would be great. I havn't been able to find an update on the situation of these two Museums on the internet.

One webpage said the Alexandria National Museum was not yet open, that was in June of this year.

Another webpage said the Greco-Roman Museum was closed for renovations, that was like Febuary or March of this year.

I want to do katombs, but because its pharonic it'll scare the sh*t out of me.

I want to balance off the Egyptian Museum and the Pyramids with something that doesn't frighten me so much. In addition to my mother not being able to withstand Cairo. It'll take several trips for her not to be in shock from the bustle of Cairo.

So we'll be staying closer to Alex for this trip. With the slim possibility of taking off with a non-pregnant SIL for a few day trips into Cairo.

egyptourguide
Member # 5233
 - posted
only one open museum now in Alex from 2 main museums (the national Alexandria museum)in area we calling it AL shlalat
and it is including ancient Egyptian,Greek,roman,Coptic ,Islamic and Turkish monuments

Albino_Eskimo
Member # 11479
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by egyptourguide:
only one open museum now in Alex from 2 main museums (the national Alexandria museum)in area we calling it AL shlalat
and it is including ancient Egyptian,Greek,roman,Coptic ,Islamic and Turkish monuments

So what you are saying is the Alexandria National Musuem is open, but not the Roman-Greco Museum.....

Right?

Demiana
Member # 2710
 - posted
The Alexandria Library has a museum too, paintings, drawings, books, old translated Qu'urans, antiqueties, whatever

http://www.bibalex.org/English/index.aspx

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com