EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » best way to call the USA? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
doodlebut
Member # 11649
 - posted
Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but I can't find the search function on these forums. [Smile]

What is the cheapest way to call back home? Use a calling card? Buy a new cellphone that works in Cairo? use my cingular since maybe it works already?

Thanks!

Madame M.
Member # 8386
 - posted
In Egypt they have places called the central. It's a small building with separate phone booths. You give the man at the desk the phone number, he dials it, you go into a booth and talk as much as you want, when you're finished you pay the man. I don't remember exactly how much it cost me but I think it was somewhere around 30LE-50LE for 5 minutes.

Don't bother buying a cellphone in Cairo if you're not gonna stay long. You can alternatively buy credit and use your bf's mobile. Ask your bf about the central and see which would be cheaper.

Soghantouta
Member # 11674
 - posted
Calling from Egypt is expensive. You can go to the Central or buy a card (marhaba card) and call from your home.

gaffy
Member # 11441
 - posted
You can by a menatel card for use on the pay phones in the street, 10 le gets you about 3 minutes and 20 le is about 6 minutes.

Buckaroo Bonzai
Member # 9338
 - posted
If you have a PC/laptop with a mic and internet connection you can use skype.com software... last time I used it, it's about $0.02/minute to call the states from overseas using their skypeout service.

Guest Of Life
Member # 11462
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Buckaroo Bonzai:
If you have a PC/laptop with a mic and internet connection you can use skype.com software... last time I used it, it's about $0.02/minute to call the states from overseas using their skypeout service.

you can even do it for free [Wink]

Safe drive
Member # 11087
 - posted
Buy a Marhab card.
Currently they have an offer to call USA from 12: am to 7:00 am for only 1.35 LE/minute.

A 10 LE card gives you about 7 minutest

Good luck

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com