EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Travel from Hurghada to Cairo » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
Anyone know how much a car from Hurghada to Cairo would cost and how long it might take?

Would it be necessary for a foreigner to travel in a convoy (travelling with egyptian companion).

Thanks.

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
hi OB..... Not sure about the cost.... I last did it 4 years ago.... we tried to go without a convoy and got turned back, just after El Gouna!!!
So... yes, a convoy is necessary. Why not just go on the coach? it's 60 le and you don't have the stress of driving around cairo!

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
Samia, I hope the sitation looks differently when you are a foreigner but residing in Egypt. I mean people travelling both ways, they should not have any problems (we intend to do the same if we move back).

Tigerlily
Member # 3567
 - posted
I went with the Superjet three years ago the same way, it was okay, very cheap, the bus was on time but I remember the toilet being a nightmare (both ways!).

oldbag
Member # 9889
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
hi OB..... Not sure about the cost.... I last did it 4 years ago.... we tried to go without a convoy and got turned back, just after El Gouna!!!
So... yes, a convoy is necessary. Why not just go on the coach? it's 60 le and you don't have the stress of driving around cairo!

I've never done a coach but I'll look into it, thanks (though the toilet thing worries me!)

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
quote:

I've never done a coach but I'll look into it, thanks (though the toilet thing worries me!)
OB.... if you go with El Gouna buses on their first class, chances are you'll get a toilet..... skanky with no paper, but a toilet!!
We just came back from Dahab on a 14 hour journey with no yoilet, but the bus did loads of stops!

Tibe
Member # 10253
 - posted
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
quote:

OB.... if you go with El Gouna buses on their first class, chances are you'll get a toilet..... skanky with no paper, but a toilet!!
We just came back from Dahab on a 14 hour journey with no yoilet, but the bus did loads of stops!

OMG I was gonna post the same question...We are going to Cairo in November. Im travilling with my egyptian (at that time husband [Smile] ) and 2 children.
How long time will that take on a 1 class El Gouna buss???
(what is a coach????)

imagine
Member # 11591
 - posted
søde tag bussen...Det er billigt og busserne er faktisk rigtig fine.. aircondition og mad!! jeg brugte ikke toilettet så ved ikke hvor slemt det er... det er en dejlig tur med film i bussen på ca. 5 timer.. husk at i skal købe billetten dagen før for at være sikker på at få en plads..

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
coach = posh bus [Big Grin]

more tea vicar?
Member # 9824
 - posted
we went superjet from Hurghada to cairo it took 6 hours, smelly toilets but lots of wee wee stops. It was cheap A/C and clean. The only thing you have to suffer an egyptian movie. % hours of screaming.........fighting........shouting!! take good ear plugs, wet wipes, and a pillow
[Wink]

lovingspirit
Member # 11660
 - posted
Imagine we kont shayel kol dah 3ala albak ya ragel

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com