EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egypt Economic Data? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Undead
Member # 3380
 - posted
I am having difficulty finding Egyptian economic data such as median net worth, median income, and median worth and income of the wealthiest 20% of the population. Also I am looking for the average household savings. I realize that this type of information is not readily available in developing countries because the lack of reporting and cooperation, but any help or even general opinions (meaning your perceptions on what the middle classes and wealthiest 20% earn) would help me. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 27 January 2004).]

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
Working on an International Human Resources Salary Grid these days, and having same problems re the ME.

Try this: http://www.economist.com/countries/Egypt/

quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
I am having difficulty finding Egyptian economic data such as median net worth, median income, and median worth and income of the wealthiest 20% of the population. Also I am looking for the average household savings. I realize that this type of information is not readily available in developing countries because the lack of reporting and cooperation, but any help or even general opinions (meaning your perceptions on what the middle classes and wealthiest 20% earn) would help me. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Undead (edited 27 January 2004).]

Undead
Member # 3380
 - posted
Thank you, Monica. Do you have any findings that aren't necessarily official numbers regarding what the middle classes and wealthiest 20% earn? Perhaps some friends or colleagues have informed you on their own incomes? Thanks again.

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
Back to you as soon as I get my own results. Could take a day or two. Post an email address, and I'll send you what I'll get directly.

quote:
Originally posted by Undead:
Thank you, Monica. Do you have any findings that aren't necessarily official numbers regarding what the middle classes and wealthiest 20% earn? Perhaps some friends or colleagues have informed you on their own incomes? Thanks again.

Adoula
Member # 2346
 - posted
Monica,
Try this: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/eg.html

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
Thanks so much Adoula, I'll check it out, but I still need some 'real' data in regards with salaries in Egypt, to complete my report.

quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:
Monica,
Try this: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/eg.html

Monica
Member # 2621
 - posted
Ok I checked the site Adoula, and found some relevant info.
Thanks again friend!

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987
 - posted
Here are some tips that might be of help

GNI national report, atlas method and PPP

Cairo Demographic center , some interesting published papers

Egypt integrated household survey , (EIHS)

Good luck
Molly

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com