EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » The SuperBowl » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
ehostetler
Member # 2548
 - posted
Does anyone know what channel the American Football "Super Bowl" will be on? I've been here a week and can't seem to find any info..

Thanks
erik

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
Erik.... you ARE new, aren't you? LOL I would love to tease you and with a straight face tell you it will be on Channel 2, but I can't.

Your ONLY chance of seeing the Super Bowl is to make buddies with someone that has Maadi House membership, or an AFN decoder box for their TV.

Remember, it will start at like 1 a.m. and NOT have any commercials... Which in my opinion is the best part of Superbowl any more.

ehostetler
Member # 2548
 - posted
The worst part is I am in advertising so I am having my family record the commercails and send them to me on DVD...Do you think any of the Hotels will have it in their rooms? I'm even willing to get a hotel room for the night...I havn't missed the Superbowl in 20 years.

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
Sorry Erik, give it up. We've all been looking for it for years too, but the cold hard truth is you ain't in Kansas anymore. Even the Marriott (the most American hotel in Cairo) doesn't have it, and NO ONE else cares about American football in the rest of the world, basically.

Like I said before, go make friends with Military guys and maybe you'll get lucky. Hang out around the American Embassy at quiting time and maybe you can pick up a sailor that will be happy to share Super Bowl with you. LOL

Good luck!

P.S. You wouldn't be 2bigdogs mate would you? I'm just putting 2 and 2 together here and wondering if I'm right.

ehostetler
Member # 2548
 - posted
That would be me...that's my wife, she will be here around the end of february. I've been here a week and just trying to get the hang of things...I will have to listen to the game on the Internet and not be able to watch it. Oh, well. Thanks agian..

ehostetler
Member # 2548
 - posted
I must be in Kansas!! I am in a room at the Sheraton Towers watching the SUPERBOWL! not the same exact broadcast team as in the states but GREAT anyway...

Dooha
Member # 2779
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Sorry Erik, give it up. We've all been looking for it for years too, but the cold hard truth is you ain't in Kansas anymore. Even the Marriott (the most American hotel in Cairo) doesn't have it, and NO ONE else cares about American football in the rest of the world, basically.

Like I said before, go make friends with Military guys and maybe you'll get lucky. Hang out around the American Embassy at quiting time and maybe you can pick up a sailor that will be happy to share Super Bowl with you. LOL

Good luck!

P.S. You wouldn't be 2bigdogs mate would you? I'm just putting 2 and 2 together here and wondering if I'm right.

Correction..
You can see the Super Bowl every year and for free on satellite German channels broadcasting on Nile Sat !

[This message has been edited by Dooha (edited 03 February 2004).]

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
WOW! I AM AMAZED AND IMPRESSED! NEXT YEAR THE PARTY IS AT YOUR PLACE THEN! WTG ERIK!

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151
 - posted
quote:
Correction..
You can see the Super Bowl every year and for free on satellite German channels broadcasting on Nile Sat !

Is this broadcase in German or English then? Not that it would matter much to a football fan that understands what is going on.
And Erik, did you get commercials?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com