EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Paypal in Egypt? » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
tigerlily_misr
Member # 3567
 - posted
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/egypt-expat-forum-expats-living-egypt/79182-paypal-egypt.html

Has anyone tried it before?

Monkey
Member # 17287
 - posted
I think you'd have to have a bank account registered to an address outside of Egypt. Far as I know Paypal hasn't got there yet.

They're probably talking about being able to get it shipped to an address other than their confirmed Paypal address.

Be happy to be proven wrong though. It would be about time Paypal opened up over there, but there again I'm not sure ebay would be popular beyond the expats.

Ayisha
Member # 4713
 - posted
Its an expat forum so the account attached to paypal will be outside Egypt. Yes you can buy from ebay and use paypal while living here I do it all the time, but yes I did have probs in the beginning but now all my uk accounts know where I am and accept it. Did recently have a 24 hour wait for something due to my paypal being registered to UK and my phone number and me being in Egypt, but was sorted quickly once it was explained.

You cannot sign up for paypal with an Egyptian bank account though.

If you let banks etc know you're going to be outside the country then there is no problem, they just think it's someone hacking the account if you don't.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
Affirmative Ayisha and Monkey. Expats use theirs here, I don't as I cocked mine up... long story [Smile]

It is the Egy Bank account and the registered address that are the issues, not the country it was originally set up in.

tina m
Member # 13845
 - posted
i love my pay pal...

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com