EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » English Language Requirement for SV » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Sponge
Member # 18715
 - posted
Anyone got any knowledge of the new English Language Requirement for settlement visas??

From end of November 2010 anyone wanting to settle in UK has to have this requirement which is an exam.

Do any of you who have got recent settlement visas have any experience of these and how much they cost? Can't find the right info anywhere. Apparently you only need the speaking/listening part but all of them include reading/writing.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/features/englishlangrequirementpartners

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/approvedenglishtestst2.pdf

A list of the recognised and approved certificates accepted for the ELR for UK SVs.

IELTS centres are scattered around Egypt. There are podcasts, websites etc all devoted to IELTS too.

The British Council in Cairo for example run an IELTS course. I don't know the fees as I have never needed the course [Big Grin]

Look through the list and there are numerous options but I do know that IELTS is extremely popular in Egypt. I am sure other folk can assist in this area too.

Sponge
Member # 18715
 - posted
Cool, cheers CF. I just wish that all this stuff would have a nice easy flow chart or something instead of links to three million other pages!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
http://www.examenglish.com/

Here is a site many students who are studying English visit to practise for their tests.

Sponge
Member # 18715
 - posted
Wow, I've had a look... they are not easy.

Shanta Gdeeda
Member # 9889
 - posted
Try looking at the citizenship test then! I think most of us native Brits on here failed it utterly when we tried it!

Anyone passing that thing MUST be a foreigner!

young at heart
Member # 10365
 - posted
I would never have been allowed to stay! Often hubby would ask what I thought of a question and I hummed and hawed as I felt there could be a couple of answers (not a lot of use in a multiple choice answer!) It just involves a lot of studying! Maybe easier if you are not from the UK [Big Grin]

Sponge
Member # 18715
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:
Try looking at the citizenship test then! I think most of us native Brits on here failed it utterly when we tried it!

Is that the one that's all about politics and history! I had a go at one of them and failed it twice!!

Shanta Gdeeda
Member # 9889
 - posted
useful - ahem - stuff like 'Who is Santa Claus' and none of the answers you could choose from were "a made up bunch of hokum where we routinely lie to kids and then berate them later for telling lies and merging a number of different myths from around the world and wearing clothes originating in a coca cola ad from 1929"

What percent of single mothers in Wales claim unemployment benfit? 4%, 5% or 6% !!!

and other similar garbage.

Sponge
Member # 18715
 - posted
Ah yes I remember them!! Because I don't know about you but in my spare time I love to study the economic state of Wales and how many people are claiming benefits... WTF?!

I know they want to make sure that they don't let every single person in but what benefit is all that to anyone?!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263
 - posted
Reality is...

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com