EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Noah's Ark » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Kem-Au
Member # 1820
 - posted
A little off topic, but some scientists believe they may have found Noah's ark. Go to: http://home.netscape.com/. There's a news box that pops up. You can read the story there.

blackman
Member # 1807
 - posted
Kem-Au,
I doubt it is Noah's Ark, but it would be good to actually know what the structure is or is not.

However, relating to AE. Ham is the son of Noah and the father of Mizarim. Mizarim is the biblical father of the ancient egyptians.

Who is Mizarim suppose to be?
Could it be Menes, Namer, or the Scorpion King?

Kem-Au
Member # 1820
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by blackman:
Kem-Au,
I doubt it is Noah's Ark, but it would be good to actually know what the structure is or is not.

However, relating to AE. Ham is the son of Noah and the father of Mizarim. Mizarim is the biblical father of the ancient egyptians.

I'm really the wrong person to ask, but I doubt it. I'd guess that Mizriam is either a play on an AE word like Menefer or possibly refers to all of Egypt itself.

If it were an actual person, then I'd guess that Ham was a real person as well, so who was he?

Amun
Member # 1813
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by blackman:

I think the names are just symbolic not meaning real individuals. He had children named Mizarim, Punt, and Cush. It's like saying Ham was the father of Africans. Mizarim is the Hebrew name for Egypt, Cush could have been in reference to the Nubians and Ethiopians. I've heard two different explanations for Punt. Some say it is Libya, others say it is modern day Somalia. That's the best explanation I can give for that story.

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted
Mizraim means dual in Hebrew or the two lands reffering to Upper and Lower Egypt.

Horemheb
Member # 3361
 - posted
Noah is a myth and none of those people existed. All of that was written in the 6th century AD centures after it was supposed to have happened. It is valuable from a religious point of view but worthless for use in history.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com