EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Should black Americans claim ancient Egypt? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Should black Americans claim ancient Egypt?
Afronut Slayer
Member # 16637

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Afronut Slayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only people who can claim AE are the egyptians living in the land today. Blacks or white or chinese or whatever have no legitimate claim to egypt.

--------------------
A recovering Afronut

Posts: 604 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Afronut Slayer:
Only people who can claim AE are the egyptians living in the land today. Blacks or white or chinese or whatever have no legitimate claim to egypt.

It depends on what you mean by "claim". Most black Americans probably can't claim the ancient Egyptians as their ancestors, but I now think they can claim them as their cousins instead.
Posts: 7094 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
osirion
Member # 7644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for osirion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There are Black and White Egyptians living in Egypt today. Enough said!

The Coptic people of Egypt are close enough and we of course have the Fellahin and the Sadee.

The point is that these NE African people have a recent sub-Saharan origin which is Black similar to the Beja Sudanese and the Nubian peoples of North Sudan. African Americans clearly can related to the Nubians and other Cushitic speaking Africans. African Americans also can closely relate to some of my ancestry - Oromo Ethiopians whom we know really are no different than modern day Upper Egyptians.

Remember, the Upper Egyptians are closer related to Nubians and Ethiopians than they are to Arabs, Libyans and so on.

Ethiopians are part of the African American community and as a consequence Uppper Egyptians are right there on the edge.

Posts: 4028 | From: NW USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sorry kid, but as noted not all modern Egyptians fit the bio-anthropological evidence.

Of course as noted the population most resembling ancient Egyptians especially, are southern Egyptians and Nubians, people who exhibit a physiognomy clearly within range of Africans from ancient and of course the modern Sahara and tropical Africa.

"There is now a sufficient body of evidence from modern studies of skeletal remains to indicate that the ancient Egyptians, especially southern Egyptians, exhibited physical characteristics that are within the range of variation for ancient and modern indigenous peoples of the Sahara and tropical Africa. In general, the inhabitants of Upper Egypt and Nubia had the greatest biological affinity to people of the Sahara and more southerly areas." (Nancy C. Lovell, " Egyptians, physical anthropology of," in Encyclopedia of the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt, ed. Kathryn A. Bard and Steven Blake Shubert, ( London and New York Routledge, 1999) pp 328-332)

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lyrics by anansi

the world can go on without you

you should know we are the original mediterrin..ed
so what if some of us out turned out to be lite-skinn..ded. for all of us are african..ined..
ma lite-skinned brother man is certainly not the other man...who also turned out to be related to the tha brother-man..so what shapes us a rose..your nose or the color of your toes. stop being frightend of the past..hostile in the present and scared of the future. if the future is black to brown dont let that turn u around..just give up on your ism..and stop with your schism..love yourself or u will be by yourself...for the world can go on without u.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rahala I await your rebuttals you asked for the link for said quote, I gave it to you, so what's taking you so long?

What about you Afronuthugger/Kayanyah have anything to say, any scholarly rebuttals?

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Wait give me time to read it ,I have work you know to do ,I teachat college ,make sure I will reply when I finish reading the book and the sources
Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^No problem take your time, let it digest let the words marinate, reread it as many times as you want if you have to, but notice that it's the chapter entitled "Egyptians, physical anthropology of".

So what I'm saying is that there's really no need to read the whole book before you respond to what is actually being addressed here.

Which of course is the bio-anthropological relationships of the ancient Egyptians which the noted chapter specifically deals with, understand?

There are four pages within this chapter a pretty quick read, the sources are referenced at the bottom, as you can also see.

No doubt I implore you to read the whole book though, indeed, but address what needs to be rather than not!

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol @ afronuthugger
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@MindoverMatter718

Well ,i have to do my own digging on the roots of the science itself *anthroplogy* and I have to see his methods and sources too ,do not worry I will be back

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Originally posted by Rahala:
@MindoverMatter718

Well ,i have to do my own digging on the roots of the science itself *anthroplogy* and I have to see his methods and sources too ,do not worry I will be back

Hey, as a matter of fact by all means take as much time as you need, because that's exactly what I implore you to do, it takes time to understand what you are discussing.

When you do actually take the time to read the literature put forward, you'll realize what I posted is in line with the consensus which is the majority according to the bio-anthropological data within the scientific community which has shown time and time again to be true, I.e, that ancient Egyptians were indigenous tropically adapted Africans, so as noted, feel free to get some background into what is being discussed and then come back when you are a lil bit more well read on the subject, understand?

Just remember you can run but you can't hide from the truth.....

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MindoverMatter718:
quote:

Sorry kid, but as noted not all modern Egyptians fit the bio-anthropological evidence.

Of course as noted the population most resembling ancient Egyptians especially, are southern Egyptians and Nubians, people who exhibit a physiognomy clearly within range of Africans from ancient and of course the modern Sahara and tropical Africa.

"There is now a sufficient body of evidence from modern studies of skeletal remains to indicate that the ancient Egyptians, especially southern Egyptians, exhibited physical characteristics that are within the range of variation for ancient and modern indigenous peoples of the Sahara and tropical Africa. In general, the inhabitants of Upper Egypt and Nubia had the greatest biological affinity to people of the Sahara and more southerly areas." (Nancy C. Lovell, " Egyptians, physical anthropology of," in Encyclopedia of the Archaeology of Ancient Egypt, ed. Kathryn A. Bard and Steven Blake Shubert, ( London and New York Routledge, 1999) pp 328-332)

^^
I suspect we will be waiting a long time while he "investigates". He says on another thread that he doesn't care about evidence only what "we believe" - the "we" being alleged 'Egyptians'. Using this "only what we believe counts" standard, then those Egyptians who still think phantom "American pilots" destroyed their air force during the 1973 war and that the 3rd army trapped by the Israelis was "pursuing" them all the way to Jerusalem, are perfectly sane. Ironically, it took the son of a black woman, (his mother one of "those" Sudanese modern Egyptian racists so often decry) - Anwar Sadat, to finally restore overall credibility to modern Egyptian arms. He did much better than generations of supposedly superior but actually inept Arab "leadership."

Then he claims that there is no scientific consensus on the issues:
far as I know ,there is still huge discussion in the scientific community still about the origin of Egyptians,so really no-one can claim the truth right now ,no one has the upper proof for his idea or theory .all ideas right now are still in the theory state ,no one has ever been able to proof his point rigorously.

What a load of malarkey, just like the phantom "American pilots"... there is plenty of scientific consensus. Is it still a matter of serious "debate" that hegemons from the darker south absorbed or conquered the north? Or limb proportions showing Egyptians clustering more with indigenous, tropically adapted African groups or African derived groups than others? Using this "all debate" model- then members of the Flat Earth Society are perfectly reasonable because they "debate" the shape of the earth.

he then says:
I can tell you ,+90%of today Egyptians are the descendants of yesterday Egyptians.

Actually no, because the heavy Arab and other foreign influx over the centuries has changed the composition of modern Egypt considerably, although in many fundamental ways, the people show continuity, no thanks to the Arabs. Modern Egyptian population is not exactly the same as the ancient population. Sorry.. But in any event, modern DNA analysis links modern Egyptians more with African groups, than with Europeans or Middle Easterners as shown many times by mainstream scholarship.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 5906 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com