EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » COMPETITION (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: COMPETITION
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jen, where are you? are you sick again? hope not!

Freeman is back with his funny little posts but you disappeared...Is this a conspiracy?

Are you and him the same person?? he he he what a brilliant cover up!

And by the way, when are you going back to Egypt? and what do you want to see in Egypt during your next trip?

Monica
(member of the 'I love Egypt' ES message board, remember me? first online ever friend...)

quote:
Originally posted by msjen:

nicely said, couldn't have done it any better myself ...

seems you have the same view as i have from my home ... but don't want to go into detail as this is a 'love egypt' site, not a 'love the rest of the world too' site ...

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
tarah, good to hear from you, but why do you think man eater has scared freeman off?

Sorry I took so long to answer, I haven't been to this site in 5 days.

What I meant was that there was a thread started by a woman named Maneater about coming to Egypt with a group of college girls(she's says she is a college instructor--of what,I never found out). Freeman made one of his funny little posts in response to her and she totally flew off the handle at him, and putting him down saying that she gets pleasure from "chewing up" men like him and moving on....Anyway, I got into it with her in his defense and he eventually answered her,too.
If you want a good laugh you must read the whole thread! It's rather ridiculous and I'm ashamed that she represents my country.

Posts: 120 | From: Dallas,TX | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tarah, it's been a while...
How are you doing with your Egypt plans???

Congratulations, I see that this is your 100th post!!!

Jen, are you thinking what I'm thinking????

quote:
Originally posted by Tarah:
Sorry I took so long to answer, I haven't been to this site in 5 days.

What I meant was that there was a thread started by a woman named Maneater about coming to Egypt with a group of college girls(she's says she is a college instructor--of what,I never found out). Freeman made one of his funny little posts in response to her and she totally flew off the handle at him, and putting him down saying that she gets pleasure from "chewing up" men like him and moving on....Anyway, I got into it with her in his defense and he eventually answered her,too.
If you want a good laugh you must read the whole thread! It's rather ridiculous and I'm ashamed that she represents my country.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 30 October 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Of course I am enjoying this!!! I just wanted it to be a real structured competition.

So we know there is a reward for the winner, but there should be a date for that reward right? Your birthday is a fine date.

But if you have other suggestions, I am flexible my friend!

About Egypt, a friend of mine brought several arabic movies from Egypt, last night, and we watched and watched and watched....

Extremely romantic, coloured and black and white Egyptian movies, set up in the 60's and early 70's. It was great! You could see the difference in 'traffic' compared to these days by the way. Also, there was one particular movie, filmed intirely in Alexandria and specifically around King Farouk's Palace: Al Montazah, it means the gardens, where they now built my favourite hotel (Palestine/Helnan, it did not exist at that time. It was Egypt revisited.

Even if I go there quite often I really love these movies.

There is a saying that goes:
You can get out of Egypt, but you can't take Egypt out of you!

Are you totally and completely recovered? Did you notice that Freeman only talked to you! ??? lucky lucky he he he...

Have a super day!

And in case you want to learn more about Egypt here is a classy website:
http://www.sis.gov.eg/

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 29 October 2003).]

a real STRUCTURED competition? have you been hanging out with too many Germans lately?...

been a bit busy with work over the last 2 days ... and yesterday i joined some friends for a concert, thinking that would be a good way of catching up with them - what i didn't realise is that we would be there until 4am ... and i had to work today ... (after having started at 7:30am the previous day! middle of the night!) now i'm tired and trying to keep my eyes open whilst i catch up here ...

just had a quick look at the website you recommended but i think i'll take a propper look at it when i'm a little bit more awake...

anyway, what's your birthday? need to know the alternative!

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey Jen, where are you? are you sick again? hope not!

Freeman is back with his funny little posts but you disappeared...Is this a conspiracy?

Are you and him the same person?? he he he what a brilliant cover up!

And by the way, when are you going back to Egypt? and what do you want to see in Egypt during your next trip?

Monica
(member of the 'I love Egypt' ES message board, remember me? first online ever friend...)

hello dear friend! haven't forgotten about you! and no worries, no conspiracy going on here ..hihi.. although that would be quite funny.

freeman you up for a conspiracy?

I think, realistically, my next trip to egypt will be in feb, however i haven't really made a plan yet what to see. i would like to spend some time in cairo AND alex AND luxor AND definitely the red sea again. However as i might not have more than 2 weeks (or 1 week, in the worst case scenario) this would be too hectic for a holiday, so i might just spend time in cairo OR alex OR luxor in combination with the red sea. But of course i would appreciate any sugestions (very very much!)

I will need to see who of my friends wants to come with me and what their preference and time schedule is (i haven't made my mind up yet if i would travel to egypt alone if none of my buddies can get time off - the red sea would be fine, but i don't have a good feeling about the cities).

When will you be there next? Would be great if our visits overlapped and we could meet up for a coffee or so...

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I AM thinking what you are thinking ... CONGRATULATIONS TARAH and welcome to the competition!
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great plan funny girl. February sounds good. I love Egypt in February.

In terms of schedule, fortunately or unfortunately - I don't know yet (!!) - this organisation has my travel plans set a year and a half in advance, provided of course that nothing 'major' happens to me on a flight he he he...

In February, I will be working in Italy and Malta again, possibly making a hop into Cairo OR Alexandria. So, depending on your schedule, by then, we may end up sipping tea together, or coffee if you prefer, somewhere extremely exotic in Cairo or Alexandria asking Freeman to join us, if and only if you too are not the same person that is... he he he!

In terms of planning a one week trip to Egypt ;-) and check out Luxor and the Red sea - I am not sure it's enough time though -I definitely suggest you appeal to DEBBIE and /or Akshar. These two are experts in these matters.

My humble opinion:

One week is not enough as far as I'm concerned in terms of visiting Luxor and the Red Sea too. You need a rest in between I believe. If you're into historical and cultural do Luxor 3, 4 days and Cairo OR Alex 2 days.

If you're in the mood for panoramic gorgeous sea, sand, windsurf type of holiday, then go to the Red Sea for 5 days. Between Hurghada and Sharm. There are new places by the way. I heard of Al Gonah too. To inquire, as I haven't been yet!

WAIT, I think you can do the RED SEA, Sharm OR Hurghada, easily in a week-end, and then choose between Cairo and Alex for the rest of your programme. I would pick Alex by far ;-)) but WAIT, mmm....we still have time and maybe others will contribute with suggestions to confuse you a little more hihihi!!

quote:

hello dear friend! haven't forgotten about you! and no worries, no conspiracy going on here ..hihi.. although that would be quite funny.

freeman you up for a conspiracy?

I think, realistically, my next trip to egypt will be in feb, however i haven't really made a plan yet what to see. i would like to spend some time in cairo AND alex AND luxor AND definitely the red sea again. However as i might not have more than 2 weeks (or 1 week, in the worst case scenario) this would be too hectic for a holiday, so i might just spend time in cairo OR alex OR luxor in combination with the red sea. But of course i would appreciate any sugestions (very very much!)

I will need to see who of my friends wants to come with me and what their preference and time schedule is (i haven't made my mind up yet if i would travel to egypt alone if none of my buddies can get time off - the red sea would be fine, but i don't have a good feeling about the cities).

When will you be there next? Would be great if our visits overlapped and we could meet up for a coffee or so...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

By any chance is there any particular reason why you are avoiding this birthday question? ... its not the same day as mine is it? or on april 1st?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just realized I missed that message ...oops!

My birthday is in February, so I thought April was a better time to end the competition...and maybe start a new and creative one by then;-))

quote:

By any chance is there any particular reason why you are avoiding this birthday question? ... its not the same day as mine is it? or on april 1st?

Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wowwee!! I hadn't even noticed that I was at my 100th post already. Cooool! That must mean I get a big party, right? At least some balloons....y'know, like "you're the 100th customer! Congratulations!"
heeheeehee

Posts: 120 | From: Dallas,TX | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Tarah do you realize that you are now part of this competition?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Jen and dear Tarah, I have something to announce :

You'll get plenty of time to catch up here...
;-(

I'm leaving for the week-end, he he he...to Montreal this time! Going to spend it with some Egyptian friends actually!

I'll miss you, but I know you'll just be fine without me... hahaha!

Catch you later girls!

Aurevoir...

Monica

quote:
Wowwee!! I hadn't even noticed that I was at my 100th post already. Cooool! That must mean I get a big party, right? At least some balloons....y'know, like "you're the 100th customer! Congratulations!"
heeheeehee

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dear Jen and dear Tarah, I have something to announce :

You'll get plenty of time to catch up here...
;-(

I'm leaving for the week-end, he he he...to Montreal this time! Going to spend it with some Egyptian friends actually!

I'll miss you, but I know you'll just be fine without me... hahaha!

Catch you later girls!

Aurevoir...

Monica

Wot you're going somewhere that has no internet connection???

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tarah so when's your birthday?
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ok then:
have a fantastic time in Montreal!
Will miss your contributions though...
Chat to you after the weekend,
Jen x

Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tarah so when's your birthday?

June 6...when's yours?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Jen,

We'll be on the 'go' most of the time, so I guess it's a little break from the internet ;-)

Talk to you when I get back!

But before I sign off, I wanted to say that my contribution to this thread COULD be a bit of interesting info about Egypt, at the end of my messages, under: 'Did you know' in order to keep us within the Egyptian environment...what about that? do you agree?

DID YOU KNOW that the new Library of Alexandria's priority is to accumulate collections on Egypt, and the Mediterranean and Arab world? And that it has a capacity to house EIGHT MILLION VOLUMES? You should see that place!

Take care friend.
Monica

quote:
Well ok then:
have a fantastic time in Montreal!
Will miss your contributions though...
Chat to you after the weekend,
Jen x

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 31 October 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by msjen:
[b]Tarah so when's your birthday?

June 6...when's yours?

[/B][/QUOTE]

April 15 ...(see above) - just to put you in the picture: i was asking as we are looking for a finishing date for this competition in order to determine a winner... we thought that one of our birthdays would be a nice idea.

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Dear Jen,

We'll be on the 'go' most of the time, so I guess it's a little break from the internet ;-)

Talk to you when I get back!

But before I sign off, I wanted to say that my contribution to this thread COULD be a bit of interesting info about Egypt, at the end of my messages, under: 'Did you know' in order to keep us within the Egyptian environment...what about that? do you agree?

DID YOU KNOW that the new Library of Alexandria's priority is to accumulate collections on Egypt, and the Mediterranean and Arab world? And that it has a capacity to house EIGHT MILLION VOLUMES? You should see that place!

Take care friend.
Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 31 October 2003).]

Monica I think that's a smashing idea! (could have been mine ... hehe)

By the way i always find it refreshing to take a break from the net every now and then ... (although there is soooo much interesting information ...) and to get back to 'real' life...

But not for too long please, remember your new friend is waiting for you!

I wish you a lovely weekend and look forward to your next DID YOU KNOW contribution!

take good care,
jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Monica I thought about it and I think that your birthday would be the most suitable day to end this competition. This is for 3 reasons:

1 - you are going to win this competition
2 - it is the earliest of our birthdays as tarah's is in june and mine in april
3 - i would find yout which day exactly in feb is your birthday ...

Would you reconsider?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen, I'm leaving in exactly 30 minuuuuuutes......

February is no problem, BUT

-Don't be too sure that I'll win this competition...because....

In december, I will not have access to a computer at ALL for 10 days!!! and.....

DID YOU KNOW that Tourism is the mainstay of the economy of Egypt? contributing 11.3 percent to gross domestic product and generating $4.3 billion in the year 2000.
It suffered a 50 percent fall in 2001/2002.

Salam for now my friend!

Take care
Monica

quote:
Monica I thought about it and I think that your birthday would be the most suitable day to end this competition. This is for 3 reasons:

1 - you are going to win this competition
2 - it is the earliest of our birthdays as tarah's is in june and mine in april
3 - i would find yout which day exactly in feb is your birthday ...

Would you reconsider?

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Jen, I'm leaving in exactly 30 minuuuuuutes......

February is no problem, BUT

-Don't be too sure that I'll win this competition...because....

In december, I will not have access to a computer at ALL for 10 days!!! and.....

DID YOU KNOW that Tourism is the mainstay of the economy of Egypt? contributing 11.3 percent to gross domestic product and generating $4.3 billion in the year 2000.
It suffered a 50 percent fall in 2001/2002.

Salam for now my friend!

Take care
Monica

Hello my dear new on-line friend

Welcome back on board, I assume that you'll be getting back from Montreal any moment now.

Regarding the above I STILL DONT KNOW WHICH DAY YOUR BIRTHDAY IS and it's driving me UP THE WALL!!! So maybe I will not be able to write any more on the net because there is a good chance that I will be admitted to a mental institute if I don't find out shortly... and aparently one cannot use the net in there (freeman told me)

So you will be 10 days without the net in December? How refreshing (4 u not 4 us) ... is that because of a holiday? or because your new laptop already needs a repair? ...

By the way i think that this DID YOU KNOW thing is a fantastic idea, but please don't feel that you HAVE TO add a line if you can't think of one ... hope it won't prevent you from posting ... I am very happy for any glimpse of information about Egypt, but it's more important that you keep in touch SOMEHOW!!!

By the way I thought it would be a nice idea to invite Adel to this competition ... I'm sure you would agree. I e-mailed him regarding this so let's see if he's interested.

However, Tarah seems to have lost interest already, she didn't post much over the weekend (as you can see).

But the good news is that Debbie is back! She's posting a lot on veiled women and CHILDREN, very interesting topic, her thread is now even touching on peadophiles ... oops which is causing some friction between muslims and non-muslims, as you can imagine... I'm sure I'll see your 'humble opinion' in that thread soon ...

Hope to hear from you shortly!
Take good care,
Jen x

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jen...Bonsoir mon amie!

Just came back an hour ago from MTL, and had such a nice time. My Egyptian friends really spoiled me, we went all over the place.

I was kind of looking forward to read your posts...and what a nice surprise you gave me all the 'board' news...wonderful!

Adoula with his knowledge and his wonderful research skills could be a great asset/contributor to 'Did you know' ...but it has to be limited to a sentence or two.

Because, in my humble opinion ( he he he) I believe that people remember short informative sentences much easier, which is really the purpose of this ;-))

You really made me laugh about my 'humble' opinion. I don't know if you noticed but I tend NOT to discuss religion too much.

My birthday: well it's a very famous date!!! what can I say? guess guess guess...

In December, wellllll, since you asked: I'm going to Cayo Largo with a few of my Egyptian friends. Beaches beaches beaches, no computer, no banking machines, no news, no shopping malls, no TV and no radio, he he he! watersports, motorcycling, maybe a disco or two on the beach and food! that's it...I know it sounds fabulous!

I hope you are going somewhere too.

So TARAH, what happenned to you??? did you lose interest?

And Freeman is not very much around, still.
Yes debbie is back full blast.

By the way, I watched an interesting documentary last night, while my friend was busy with her daughter and....

DID YOU KNOW that 2 Million Egyptians work in the Tourism sector in Egypt? Including agencies, hotels, resorts and restaurants.

And, DID YOU KNOW the distances between Cairo and :

Alexandria 0217 km
Hurgada 0510 km Assiut 0339 km
Ismailia 0135 km Aswan 0940 km
Luxor 0720 km Edfu 0824 km
Sharm El Sheikh 0451 km
Abu Simbel 1229 km Taba 0566 km
Abydos 0554 km

There you go!
Talk to you later and hope you had a great week-end!

Your 'humble' friend
Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 03 November 2003).]

Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
I'm still here!! This weekend was busy....trick-or-treating, Halloween parties and soccer games. I am still recovering from Saturday night's party...
Whew, it was wild. I dressed up as Jeannie(from the tv show "I Dream of Jeannie")and since I have short dark hair I wore a very long,very blond wig and it was miserable! But I had fun.
Did y'all miss me?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Of course we missed you ( at least Jen and I did!).

I dream of Jeannie look alike wow! it must have been adorable.

My Egyptian friend's daughter in Montreal (10 yrs old) went trick or treating as SHEHERAZADE, a legendary, very intelligent woman, famous for keeping the King 'Shahrayar' from killing her, - he was known for killing all his brides after the first night - with her mysterious stories that kept him interested for: One Thousand and one Nights!

Not a bad idea to keep your man interested after all... he he he

Welcome back!

Monica

quote:
I'm still here!! This weekend was busy....trick-or-treating, Halloween parties and soccer games. I am still recovering from Saturday night's party...
Whew, it was wild. I dressed up as Jeannie(from the tv show "I Dream of Jeannie")and since I have short dark hair I wore a very long,very blond wig and it was miserable! But I had fun.
Did y'all miss me?

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Monica and MsJen,

Your competition posts are such fun
I love and appreciate a good sense of humor and you both seem to possess this lovely quality. Have been too busy lately and after reading some posts here, felt this was the only one I wanted to add to since I am fasting.

Can I guess your birthday Monica? I have a day in mind

Hug to both of you and may the "poster with the most time and imagination to increase his post numbers" WIN!! hahaha

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
When is YOUR birthday Laura? he he he....

We have established an informal DID YOU KNOW thingy on Egypt, through this thread, for fun and information, as you probably saw.

And Jen asked Adoula to contribute too. We're waiting for him to re-appear. I have a feeling there's a lot of kidnapping going around here ;-)) he disappeared again! JEEEEN can you elaborate on this one, you seem to have direct contact somehow!!!

Freeman did a re-apprearance act for a brief moment, and then I guess he was swept awaaaaay by some storm ( but it's not April for a sand storm yet) between Alexandria and Cairo???

Baba -Mido keeps on peeking once in a while....I guess people are very busy these days! How is your schedule? I will be busy very soon too.

Please Laura, do not hesitate to contribute to our little informal DID YOU KNOW on Egypt, everytime you feel like it. This way this thread becomes enriched with general information on Egypt, our love, and at the same time we'll keep the online friendship going!

So how is Ramadan going with you? Do you enjoy S'hour ( you can explain this to Jen and Tarah, under a DID YOU KNOW if you wish... it's your opportunity he he he)

And by the way...DID YOU KNOW that in 1861, the American Civil war which lasted 4 years, interrupted the export of COTTON from the Southern States to British textile mills, and created a worldwide boom in the price of COTTON, which increased four-fold between 1860 and 1864. The result: GREAT WEALTH poured into EGYPT, and cotton increased five-fold between 1861 and 1866.

( I owe this one to my dad he was telling me all about Egyptian cotton last night!)

Have a great Iftar Laura, and Jen are you hiding now that my birth date is semi known ;-) ???

The online friend

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Dear Monica and MsJen,

I love and appreciate a good sense of humor and you both seem to possess this lovely quality. Have been too busy lately and after reading some posts here, felt this was the only one I wanted to add to since I am fasting.

Hug to both of you and may the "poster with the most time and imagination to increase his post numbers" WIN!! hahaha

Laura

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Hey Jen...Bonsoir mon amie!

Just came back an hour ago from MTL, and had such a nice time. My Egyptian friends really spoiled me, we went all over the place.

I was kind of looking forward to read your posts...and what a nice surprise you gave me all the 'board' news...wonderful!

Adoula with his knowledge and his wonderful research skills could be a great asset/contributor to 'Did you know' ...but it has to be limited to a sentence or two.

Because, in my humble opinion ( he he he) I believe that people remember short informative sentences much easier, which is really the purpose of this ;-))

You really made me laugh about my 'humble' opinion. I don't know if you noticed but I tend NOT to discuss religion too much.

My birthday: well it's a very famous date!!! what can I say? guess guess guess...

In December, wellllll, since you asked: I'm going to Cayo Largo with a few of my Egyptian friends. Beaches beaches beaches, no computer, no banking machines, no news, no shopping malls, no TV and no radio, he he he! watersports, motorcycling, maybe a disco or two on the beach and food! that's it...I know it sounds fabulous!

I hope you are going somewhere too.

So TARAH, what happenned to you??? did you lose interest?

And Freeman is not very much around, still.
Yes debbie is back full blast.

By the way, I watched an interesting documentary last night, while my friend was busy with her daughter and....

DID YOU KNOW that 2 Million Egyptians work in the Tourism sector in Egypt? Including agencies, hotels, resorts and restaurants.

And, DID YOU KNOW the distances between Cairo and :

Alexandria 0217 km
Hurgada 0510 km Assiut 0339 km
Ismailia 0135 km Aswan 0940 km
Luxor 0720 km Edfu 0824 km
Sharm El Sheikh 0451 km
Abu Simbel 1229 km Taba 0566 km
Abydos 0554 km

There you go!
Talk to you later and hope you had a great week-end!

Your 'humble' friend
Monica

Glad you had a crackin' time humble friend, but it serves you right that you can't increase your posts over those 10 days in december then!!! or did you say that you still had space for a small person in your handluggage ? ... i promise i won't get noticed ...

and who the heck are these people on that picture thread? and why on earth do they have the desire to post their pictures on THIS SITE? maybe they're a bit desparate ... don't know. quite happy that i have impressions of people here on what they write rather than what they look like ... (only until i meet you for tea / coffee of course) but i have a feeling that thread will get freeman back to the board ...

aduola appears to have vanished from the site, but he does that quite often i think so lets 'humbly' wait until he gets back...

Ooops and by the way i didn't realise that you don't post too much on religious threads ... wise woman!

ignorant jen ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Did y'all miss me?

MISERABLE??? sounds like lots of fun to meeeeeee

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Dear Monica and MsJen,

Laura

Laura how nice to have you back on board! Although I still haven't got over the fact that you turned me down for that job ...

Anyway, welcome to the competition - so it's four of us now!

You only have one date in mind ? ... thought of three so far. which date were you thinking of? I'm just assuming Monica's permission to guess, but i guess she kind of invited us to that ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:

When is YOUR birthday Laura? he he he....

We have established an unformal DID YOU KNOW thingy on Egypt, through this thread, for fun and information, as you probably saw.

And Jen asked Adoula to contribute too. We're waiting for him to re-appear. I have a feeling there's a lot of kidnapping going around here ;-)) he disappeared again! JEEEEN can you elaborate on this one, you seem to have direct contact somehow!!!

Freeman did a re-apprearance act for a brief moment, and then I guess he was swept awaaaaay by some storm ( but it's not April for a sand storm yet) between Alexandria and Cairo???

Baba -Mido keeps on peeking once in a while....I guess people are very busy these days! How is your schedule? I will be busy very soon too.

Please Laura, do not hesitate to contribute to our little informal DID YOU KNOW on Egypt, everytime you feel like it. This way this thread becomes enriched with general information on Egypt, our love, and at the same time we'll keep the online friendship going!

So how is Ramadan going with you? Do you enjoy S'hour ( you can explain this to Jen and Tarah, under a DID YOU KNOW if you wish... it's your opportunity he he he)

And by the way...DID YOU KNOW that in 1861, the American Civil war which lasted 4 years, interrupted the export of COTTON from the Southern States to British textile mills, and created a worldwide boom in the price of COTTON, which increased four-fold between 1860 and 1864. The result: GREAT WEALTH poured into EGYPT, and cotton increased five-fold between 1861 and 1866.

( I owe this one to my dad he was telling me all about Egyptian cotton last night!)

Have a great Iftar Laura, and Jen are you hiding now that my birth date is semi known ;-) ???

The online friend

Monica

Yes Laura, when is your birthday? We got them all through then ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:

Jen are you hiding now that my birth date is semi known ;-) ???

did i miss out on something?

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ladies, my birthday is also a "famous" day though not that well known. Hint: Think Round lol

MsJen did you ever say where you are living, I can't recall. Maybe you can share some interesting, amusing, or historical facts about your country?

If you have read any of newcomers posts he is such a brilliant guy. Maybe he will join here also and add some new things "we never knew.

Ok now I am off to do some more shopping for tomorrows meal.

bye for now
Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hey funny girl,

I looked at those pictures and most of them were posted in 2002, they probably look different by now...

I guess posting a picture is interesting but being so 'humble' ;-) I'm afraid to post mine! I'm convinced ( he he he) that many Charming captains will ask to meet my gardian instantly! what can I tell you, I'm being really wise here.

Although there is ONE member on this board that saw my picture....you can guess if you want....hahahah...I won't tell though! ( I have a bit of Sheherazade in me...don't we all?)

When we meet for tea or coffee in Egypt/2004 - who knows?- we'll have a blast checking each other's creative hair style and nail polish hihihi!

Until later
Monica ( a real babe hahahahahah)

quote:
Glad you had a crackin' time humble friend, but it serves you right that you can't increase your posts over those 10 days in december then!!! or did you say that you still had space for a small person in your handluggage ? ... i promise i won't get noticed ...

and who the heck are these people on that picture thread? and why on earth do they have the desire to post their pictures on THIS SITE? maybe they're a bit desparate ... don't know. quite happy that i have impressions of people here on what they write rather than what they look like ... (only until i meet you for tea / coffee of course) but i have a feeling that thread will get freeman back to the board ...

aduola appears to have vanished from the site, but he does that quite often i think so lets 'humbly' wait until he gets back...

Ooops and by the way i didn't realise that you don't post too much on religious threads ... wise woman!

ignorant jen ...

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Laura,

You're supposed to say which month, for the birthday guessing, at least!!!!

TELL US what are you cooking for tomorrow's Iftar?

Later,

Monica

quote:
Well ladies, my birthday is also a "famous" day though not that well known. Hint: Think Round lol

MsJen did you ever say where you are living, I can't recall. Maybe you can share some interesting, amusing, or historical facts about your country?

If you have read any of newcomers posts he is such a brilliant guy. Maybe he will join here also and add some new things "we never knew.

bye for now
Laura

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Hey funny girl,

I looked at those pictures and most of them were posted in 2002, they probably look different by now...

I guess posting a picture is interesting but being so 'humble' ;-) I'm afraid to post mine! I'm convinced ( he he he) that many Charming captains will ask to meet my gardian instantly! what can I tell you, I'm being really wise here.

Although there is ONE member on this board that saw my picture....you can guess if you want....hahahah...I won't tell though! ( I have a bit of Sheherazade in me...don't we all?)

When we meet for tea or coffee in Egypt/2004 - who knows?- we'll have a blast checking each other's creative hair style and nail polish hihihi!

Until later
Monica ( a real babe hahahahahah)

i'll swing by tony & guy's in london before i arrive - no pressure ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:

bye for now
Laura

So you have a round birthday - WOT ON EARTH DOES THAT MEAN!

That could be the 10th, 20th, or 30th of every month in the year, or ANY date in October: 10th October maybe? or 20th? or 30th? I like playing games, but need another clue or two!!!

About my country - I'm German (yes, a REAL kraut!!!) but believe me there are not many interesting or amusing stories about this place ... and i'd rather keep quiet about our history ...

(so please don't mention this fact to the others, people normally believe me when i tell them i'm a brit which is also half true ...)

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:

I'm German (yes, a REAL kraut!!!)

Monica you still going to meet up with me ... ?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Oh but...
DID YOU KNOW that Cairo has the MOST fabulous hair stylists???
No kidding, let me tell you that Cairo's most famous hairdressers learned through their many trips to Europe, and with their incredible 'savoir faire' they have this particular way of styling, cutting and coloring - if you like that - Which is totally fashionable and it is a real make over! trust your friend here!

quote:
i'll swing by tony & guy's in london before i arrive - no pressure ...

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I know a few words in German ( don't you laugh now!)

Wir freuen uns, dab Sie sich zum Kauf dieses Collins Gem German Worterbuchs entschlossen haben und hoffen, dab es Ihnen in der Schule, zu Hause, im Urlaub oder im Buro nutzlich ist und Freude macht.

I can even translate it ;-)

I know many Germans and many Brits and many French and many Italians it all boils down to respecting eachother's culture and exchange wonderful info...in a STRUCTURAL way he he he

Do you look typically German??? let me tell you that people speak to me in German all the time (!!) even in Egypt, and what do I do ??? I say those words I just wrote above... hahahahahah

The:'KONKURRENT' The Competitor!
Monica

quote:
Monica you still going to meet up with me ... ?

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
I know a few words in German ( don't you laugh now!)

Wir freuen uns, dab Sie sich zum Kauf dieses Collins Gem German Worterbuchs entschlossen haben und hoffen, dab es Ihnen in der Schule, zu Hause, im Urlaub oder im Buro nutzlich ist und Freude macht.

I can even translate it ;-)

I know many german and many Brits and many french and many italians it all boils down to respecting the other's culture and exchange wonderful info...in a STRUCTURAL way he he he

YOU CRACK ME UP - have you copied that from a dictionary ...? Would love to hear your translation!!!

Anyway, you say you're Italian? So let's continue this chat TOMORROW

Joke aside I really need to go, still have a training session to give now (hoped he would cancel as i would much rather spend time on this board, just warmed up now! in a very STRUCTURED and BORING manner!)

jen x

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I'm going too...I'm Half Egyptian half North Italian born in Egypt.
Later funny friend!

quote:
YOU CRACK ME UP - have you copied that from a dictionary ...? Would love to hear your translation!!!

Anyway, you say you're Italian? So let's continue this chat TOMORROW

Joke aside I really need to go, still have a training session to give now (hoped he would cancel as i would much rather spend time on this board, just warmed up now! in a very STRUCTURED and BORING manner!)

jen x

Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
I'm half Italian(my grandmother's family comes from Sicily), half Native American Indian(Cherokee)...born in the U.S. I look more Italian than Indian, but my mother is beautiful with those high cheekbones and bronze skin that Cherokees have. I'm lighter skinned with her dark eyes and hair. Not bragging, but a lot of friends tell me that I resemble Isabella Rossalini.That's fine with me!
Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
quote:
MISERABLE??? sounds like lots of fun to meeeeeee

hahaha...I meant the wig was miserable! I had the best time though. My husband really liked the genie costume on me with the sheer legs and the mysterious veil over half my face....I don't need to wait for Halloween to wear it again!

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hey Isabella, (lovely actress and beautiful too)

Now we need to find out how Laura and Jen and Adoula look like, 'without pictures'
Just imagining!

What a beautiful mix of cultures you have!

But...

Tell us what fascinates you about Egypt?

quote:
I'm half Italian(my grandmother's family comes from Sicily), half Native American Indian(Cherokee)...born in the U.S. I look more Italian than Indian, but my mother is beautiful with those high cheekbones and bronze skin that Cherokees have. I'm lighter skinned with her dark eyes and hair. Not bragging, but a lot of friends tell me that I resemble Isabella Rossalini.That's fine with me!

Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
What fascinates me most about Egypt....it's hard to chose just one or two...but my interest began with her history and art. I'm not as well educated about it as those guys on the Ancient Egyptian thread, but I read what I can find. And I love the beauty of the country..what I see in picturs, of course. One day I will get there and I will be so happy to see it for myself!It will be a long time though...we can't afford it yet.
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
So in the meantime, stick around this thread we have the DID YOU KNOW, about Egypt and you can ask many questions too.

Also I described Alexandria and Hurghada and Sharm el Sheikh on another thread, did you read that?

The Egyptology Forum is very interesting but you have to be into that. They exchange enriching information, but it is more of a 'specialized' forum.

I hope you fulfill your dream and visit Egypt, within the next 2 years. Put a realistic date to your dream, and it will become your goal!

Ciao Isabella!

quote:
What fascinates me most about Egypt....it's hard to chose just one or two...but my interest began with her history and art. I'm not as well educated about it as those guys on the Ancient Egyptian thread, but I read what I can find. And I love the beauty of the country..what I see in picturs, of course. One day I will get there and I will be so happy to see it for myself!It will be a long time though...we can't afford it yet.

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
i'm baaack, was lots of fun in the end, learnt quite a few details about ibm computers which surely i'll have forgotten about again by tomorrow

just to add the responses i so far omitted (this is my bloody - excuse my swearing - please read this after ramadan laura ... - sense of correctness and completion coming through ... hhehehehhhh)

laura, newcomer indeed seems to be a very intelligent person, would be nice to see him/her add some of his/her wisdom here ... but tell me which intelligent person would add to this thread ... lol

and monica no i don`t look german as far as i know, but will say no more ... so maybe you look more german than i do ... or maybe we even look like twins!!!

but i have an idea now, maybe isabella you could post a picture of yours and then we'd get freeman back immediately!

Laura
Member # 879

This post moves to fast for me..LOL..am an old lady you know...slow down min fadlik..hahaa

First my birthday is in April also and a national holiday if that helps any.

Monica..is yours on the 14th by any chance

MsJen, Germany is famous for lots of great things, 2 come to mind immediately..Cuckoo clocks and German Chocolate Cake

Tarah I am part Cherokee also...Tsi Tsa la gi.. My great grandmother was Cherokee who married a French Canadian fur trader..wohooo!! lol what a delightful combo

Monica...HELP...am running out of menu ideas...I broke down yesterday and made Molykia for first time for my husbands son who is staying with us for while and he was sooooooooo appreciative of a break from my regular "american cuisine". He calls it that only because I put mozzarella cheese on top of the Moussaka..haha Koshari was on tonights menu so any ideas for tomorrow?

Laura

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Will you become a sales rep for IBM or something after this???

If Isabella posts her picture I'm afraid we will have to post ours...and I have absolutely no intention as I said before to do so...

I think this thread is great Jen, especially for intelligent people with a sense of humour, that want to be online 'friends' and share information about Egypt and their daily life ( he he he) and be creative and all!!!

Don't you think?
Here is a piece of info for you out there eager to learn more about EGYPT!!!

DID YOU KNOW that the University of Cairo was inaugurated in 1925? at the time it was called Fouad I University.

quote:
i'm baaack, was lots of fun in the end, learnt quite a few details about ibm computers which surely i'll have forgotten about again by tomorrow

just to add the responses i so far omitted (this is my bloody - excuse my swearing - please read this after ramadan laura ... - sense of correctness and completion coming through ... hhehehehhhh)

laura, newcomer indeed seems to be a very intelligent person, would be nice to see him/her add some of his/her wisdom here ... but tell me which intelligent person would add to this thread ... lol

and monica no i don`t look german as far as i know, but will say no more ... so maybe you look more german than i do ... or maybe we even look like twins!!!

but i have an idea now, maybe isabella you could post a picture of yours and then we'd get freeman back immediately!

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com