EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Why these days do egyptian need a 2nd wife ? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why these days do egyptian need a 2nd wife ?
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

[i]Yet, from what I have heard from foreign exchange students (European, Asian and African) American men have excelent qualities, they are not as macho or sexists as other men world over, have much bigger phalluses, don't **** around as a male responsibility to society (meaning far more faithful than foreign men), many cook and clean as well as any women, often will share childcare duties equally with little compliant, far more respectful of diversity, and American men have the ability to know when they are wrong, make amends and change their behavior so they don't do it again.

Sonomod, I sincerely welcome your sense of humor to this forum!

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My post wasn't meant as a joke.

Its what I find around me here in my homestate Minnesota. Its what I find is becoming America. I love my country.

I might be squeed since my father is a feminist, and my husband is rapidly improving as a husband. But its our new culture.

Channel 29 here has a anchorperson who spent 17 years at home taking care of his family while his wife worked and provided. Now he's back and gives our right-leaning media (a development from the last 6 years, too many people from Texas move here) a burst of fresh air. He's great, and he still has all his hair. And there are support groups/play groups for stay at home dads, the phenomenom is growing.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alana- I appreciate your comments, don't worry about me. I am A OKAY. I actually have no problem going home soon. My children are not old enough to choose but they will have that right.
I have to say one thing I dislike about these forums is people get way too nasty & way off the subject. I was simply trying to lighten up the board at times. I think you have your right to speak your mind and to defend them.
I have nothing against Penny however. I like to read everyones opinions and absorb, learn, tolerate and not hold a grudge. There is too much pain and ugliness in the world right now, why make it worst?
I wish you peace and happiness. I'm sorry if I'm not a world schlor but I don't aspire to be. I don't aspire to criticize those I know nothing about. I don't aspire to insult, cut down or infuriate. When I was new to Egypt I asked for suggestions and figured this was a fun way to spend an hour or so...now I'm not so sure I like to post a single note. I'd rather read. You take care Alana.

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They are far more sophisicated,charming,caring and generous not in a money sense.

Man, I can't agree with that in any form. Compared to Gulf Arabs Egyptian men seem like a dream, but they're not.

Really a person should look to the individual not the nationality. Crap people are very much the same where ever you go. And yes I just contradicted myself. I must repeat this to myself every day, "people are the same where ever you go", or I would end up cold cocking the next Dutch person who asks me why 'colored' people use the same facilities as whites in my city. [b] TOO MANY DAMN ECKNAR TOURISTS!!

In truth from survey this site and the treehouse women who go for Misryan men already married and want to broadcast it over the internet are English women.

From having to comb through everything, American women when they become aware of a second wife dump the bastard really fast.

And yes American men can be quite a hassle, their mothers often spoil the **** out of them.

Yet, from what I have heard from foreign exchange students (European, Asian and African) American men have excelent qualities, they are not as macho or sexists as other men world over, have much bigger phalluses, don't **** around as a male responsibility to society (meaning far more faithful than foreign men), many cook and clean as well as any women, often will share childcare duties equally with little compliant, far more respectful of diversity, and American men have the ability to know when they are wrong, make amends and change their behavior so they don't do it again.

American men are outrageously human, why because American men are a collection of men from all over the globe placed into a progressive society, a hard working society, a socieity with social ills that we recognize need to be addressed, worked out, and built upon to a better tomorrow.

[/B]

What can I say? Truely truely you'r such a unique person who managed to marry another unique but Egyptian man who I have yet to meet someone like him. Seriously, honestly and with all respect, It's such a good thing when unique people get together, not only good for you but for everyone as well.

Best wishes from the bottom of my heart

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MisplacedinAlex,
Thanks for the message, I agree with you .
People are not allowed to have their own opinions, they do get ugly. It is only natural for one to defend themself,when people are verbally attacking. It seems people form like cliques on this board. Well at least today I was named some name Sonomod? lol
Please give me your e-mail if you like, we can keep in touch, you are quite a lovely person. Good luck to you

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hassencheb,
I read your message and I want to clarify something. I owe you an apology, about the "Lebanese", yes i have been married many years also, and I should have specifically mentioned "Shiite". I was referring to the Shiite sect which are known here for mant temporary marriages.
I am not this Sonomod person, as you refer to me as. Actually I agree with MisplacedinAlex, this forum can really get hateful& bitchy>
I showed my husband your post and he couldn't
understand why you thought it was impossible to have moslem and christian children. Actually you are wrong, all the children are from our marriage, that is why it works for us, because we don't judge or push religion on each other or the kids.
You say you never heard of a moslem man having a catholic child , we do. Our daughter wanted to be baptized catholic, & there is only one God/Allah!
Maybe the person Sonomod you are looking for is "Anothernewmember" who went back and forth very rudely with me. you see a forum once again I repeat is everyone is allowed their opinion and also to defend themselves.
If iam an idiot in your eyes so be it, that is just your thinking. But I have have also been in along marriage like yourself.
By the way we are actually close neighbors, you are in Dearborn, I read it in one of your old posts, I am in Ohio.
Again sorry if I offended you , but she was very cruel, and the facts still remain, we have a long way to go here in the states still, but legalizing multiple moslem marriages will never happen here.
Good luck to you, and it sounds like you have had a long and happy marriage

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
newcomer,
Yes I behaved in a "Good Christian Way" &
Now you want to monitor my personal e-mail??
Now you go behave like a "Good Moslem Woman"

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
What can I say? Truely truely you'r such a unique person who managed to marry another unique but Egyptian man who I have yet to meet someone like him. Seriously, honestly and with all respect, It's such a good thing when unique people get together, not only good for you but for everyone as well.

Best wishes from the bottom of my heart

Troubles101,

I thought you were an American male? How could what I posted offend you?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RetirementBitches
Member # 6332

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RetirementBitches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
hassancheb

Yes think you got it in one and yes for sure help is needed. RB is also one and the same. No doubt a new name will evolve soon... so boring.

http://www.myiwc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5278

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MisplacedinAlex:
Alana- I appreciate your comments, don't worry about me. I am A OKAY. I actually have no problem going home soon. My children are not old enough to choose but they will have that right.
I have to say one thing I dislike about these forums is people get way too nasty & way off the subject. I was simply trying to lighten up the board at times. I think you have your right to speak your mind and to defend them.
I have nothing against Penny however. I like to read everyones opinions and absorb, learn, tolerate and not hold a grudge. There is too much pain and ugliness in the world right now, why make it worst?
I wish you peace and happiness. I'm sorry if I'm not a world schlor but I don't aspire to be. I don't aspire to criticize those I know nothing about. I don't aspire to insult, cut down or infuriate. When I was new to Egypt I asked for suggestions and figured this was a fun way to spend an hour or so...now I'm not so sure I like to post a single note. I'd rather read. You take care Alana.

You are very right, people are way too nasty here and there are some real mixed up characters, take great care as to who you think you are talking to as there as some very big mind games going on here.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ge Ge:
Some people on this board are so sick and sad it is scary.Looking up posts of certain members! God get a life. What is it about this board that one by one members are attacked until they do not post anymore.

That's for sure GeGe and when you finally work out who is who and what they have done in the past it is more than scary to know the lengths they will go to and to realise just how sick their minds are. So I am out of here.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alana:
Now I know why you act like you do , english is not your native tongue , thank god, you can't help what you are saying in english nor do you make any sense. My egyptian lady friends couldn't believe the ridiculous things coming out of your mouth.

As someone who doesn't even know the difference between "their" and "there" I would be careful not to get nasty about other people's language skills.

And I love the way your Egyptian gentlemen friends and Egyptian lady friends keep popping up to support your statements ... I can see them all gathering around your computer screen pursing their lips at the incredible things they read.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Penny I will heed your wise words. I also am not going to continue. Good luck!
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
I may change the 5 into 2.5 but the rest is 100% what I think. What do you find so unbelievable there? The fact that women's intuition is the best indicator of trouble in their marriage? C'mon, you should know that much about women's 'psychological structure'.

Oh, I just thought of something. If you find offensive the statement that women are wiser than man, it refers in this context to their emotional skills in receiving the vibes from the relationships. Men tend to think in more linear way, while women take 'dangerous' turns in all directions to get the better view on emotional issues. That means more often than not that a woman takes 'emotional lead' in the relationship and man either complies or rebels, depending on his ability to stand the 'nagging' part, but this is a separate issue.

[This message has been edited by Karah_Mia (edited 04 February 2005).]

Dear Karah_Mia, I was not offended in anyway, I was just a little surprised that someone as smart as you would make such a generalization, specially when I know that many close minded or even semi moderate people would find it very offensive, . your explanation of the remarks being intended for only emotions and intuition would make allot of other members at ease, but unfortunately I am still in difference with you because I believe quite the opposite ( not being smarter of having a better intellect but still within emotions, and intuition) I believe men are more romantic, and idealistic than women, and more vulnerable to the effect of those emotions they have , the only difference is that they are more capable at controlling their feelings than women, in other words, Men are romantic, and emotional in there feeling, but realistic when they make decisions, and women are realistic, and practical, in there feeling and they tend to be emotional when they decide on their actions. I could be wrong, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that's why we have this forum.

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

TO WELSAFTY
Hey, Waleed.. get your coat.. you've pulled!!!
(English expression!!)

what does it mean ?? ( good thing, I hope)

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Troubles101,

I thought you were an American male? How could what I posted offend you?

Astaghfirullah ! God forbide no! Not that I have anything against American men but I kinda believe that before we were shipped here thousands of years ago, I chose to be born Egyptian, I guess I predicted that Egypt will be a great country with many great people, it's just I didn't pick the right time.My bad!

Anyway, I'm in noway offnded by your remarks due to my self-confidence mixed with my pride to admit when being offended. Seriously I wish you the best AND I meant it, I only wish that whatever you have been through in your life wont overshadow your remarkable intellegiance for so long. This happen to everyone at sometime in life so I kinda can relate to your approach in away.

Now wont you join my jokes thread :d

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by frosya Burlakova:
Hi Welsafty!!!I,ve been reading ur opinions today with a great pleasure..mmmm..i just love to read ur american-engl. ,doesn,t metter what u say it,s wondeful ..the way how u speak..mmm..i feel like i know u for million years!!! just i don,t undestand why u return to egypt..u seems to me very smart guy..do u lookes like a tipical egy boy or mixed..how old are u?? without jokes please.. i,m aroud 30..don,t be ashamed..c,mon..waiting
me

lol ashamed ?!! I have not a single drop of blood in my face ( Egyptian Expression, meaning that I feel no shame)
well I am glad you like my American English, I love it to.
I came back to Egypt because I adore the country, don't get me wrong I love it back in the sates as well, but Egypt is not like any other place I ever lived in, it is MAGIC. I do still go back to the states periodically for business, and pleasure, but recently I've made Egypt my Home (again).

I am 31 years old (turning 32 next Monday Feb 7th), and I look Egyptian I hope, in the states people always took me for Mexican or Italian, I think I look anything between and Egyptian Tom-cruse and American Ismaiel Yaseen. I once posted my pic here, but I dont remember the name of the post , check welsafty@hotmail.com for that

By the way, I do accept all kinds of money transfer, Dinner invitations, gift certificates for a birthday gift LOL
and everyone is welcome to show up to the birthday party.

thanks alot for your nice comment about my English

Waleed

AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe the person Sonomod you are looking for is "Anothernewmember" who went back and forth very rudely with me. you see a forum once again I repeat is everyone is allowed their opinion and also to defend themselves.

As the old cliche goes, don't dish out what you can't take my dear, because I do come back HARD. All you have to do is scroll up and see where the first insults came from:

Hint 1: Bird without a brain
Hint2: Your statistics are ridiculous
Hint3: You live in a fantasy world

Yes dear YOU are the one that took it to that level, and then the kitchen got to hot for you didn't it? I've seen it before, nothing new here. Next you'll be looking for cheerleaders to back you, is that why you keep referring to Misplaced, not woman enough to stand on your own? You're the one trying to CLIQUE with people, or form alliances like some kid.

I hope you added yourself to that list of b!tchy women Misplaced was referring to, as Mother Theresa does NOT post on ES. I've seen the best of them in b!tch mode from time to time, and I'm certainly no exception. You're acting as if theres a catfight and you're humbly standing on the sidelines, your nails are sharpened and you're going at people one by one, and a little too obsessed with Penny to be another NEW member.

I enjoy stimulating heated intellectual debates, but it tpically takes another intellectual for that to occur. It could have been a learning experience if you came back with something other than just mouth.

You appear a little too anxious to get to know people on AIM, would that be so you can discover some PERSONAL business and come back and use it against them as another NEW member (tongue in cheek).

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alana:
[b]Now I know why you act like you do , english is not your native tongue , thank god, you can't help what you are saying in english nor do you make any sense. My egyptian lady friends couldn't believe the ridiculous things coming out of your mouth.

Not my MOTHER tongue. You see babies tend the spend the most part of the day with their mothers and.....Nevermind here I am getting intellectual with an IMBECILE again.

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saeeda
Member # 5719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saeeda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
That's for sure GeGe and when you finally work out who is who and what they have done in the past it is more than scary to know the lengths they will go to and to realise just how sick their minds are. So I am out of here.

Dear Penny,

what are you talking about, as you know i am rather new here and i don't know anything about what's going on!!! if you think it is worth mentioning, could you please tell me in a private message, i don't want to drive into any problems!!!this is my email: mariafeldburg@yahoo.com

thank you very much, and hope you won't disappear completely, i really like your posts and respect your opinion.

Posts: 271 | From: germany | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
[B]
I am 31 years old (turning 32 next Monday Feb 7th),
/B]

Hi Waleed, I am turning 31 tomorrow, another Aquarius, hopefully it doesn't bring you bad luck to tell you already

kulla sana wa enta tayyeb!

All the best to you!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 05 February 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frosya Burlakova
Member # 6263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frosya Burlakova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow wow...i am an Aquarious toooo..yyeeepp..now i understand why i like u ..felt it with my a..!gonna send u my e-mail on you hotmail just to see ur picture ..Happy birthday honey will come soon..
me

Posts: 11 | From: ukraine | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Astaghfirullah ! God forbide no! Not that I have anything against American men but I kinda believe that before we were shipped here thousands of years ago, I chose to be born Egyptian, I guess I predicted that Egypt will be a great country with many great people, it's just I didn't pick the right time.My bad!

Anyway, I'm in noway offnded by your remarks due to my self-confidence mixed with my pride to admit when being offended. Seriously I wish you the best AND I meant it, I only wish that whatever you have been through in your life wont overshadow your remarkable intellegiance for so long. This happen to everyone at sometime in life so I kinda can relate to your approach in away.

Now wont you join my jokes thread :d

Jokes, remember I am a Scandinavian American, I am not engineered for a funny bone! Look for Ole and Lena jokes and you will notice why. Yet I love gender based jokes and really can crank out good ones. No harm intended.

And thank you for wishing me the best. I am glad you enjoy Misr. There's a mystique to the country that appeals to me, in a modern sense and that is what I will explore. I am a people watcher, I love debate and deep discussions on society, politics and cultures. The more I read on Arab/North African culture the more I am like WOW!

And one thing I have learned in the last year is forgiveness. And watching someone develop into his own and find the place he was meant to be is very amazing. Luckily he manages to put up with my high volume smoothering and still have deep emotive and inquisitive conversations.

Art History is another huge passion, and I will brave the toxic air of Cairo to go on tours to see Islamic, Coptic and Fustat Cairo. Architecture is in short supply in the Midwest and this is a huge awakening for me.

Man its difficult to hide textbooks and library books at work, but somehow I have done good so far.

Enjoy Misr for me Troubles101, its worth the experience.

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dear Karah_Mia, I was not offended in anyway, I was just a little surprised that someone as smart as you would make such a generalization, specially when I know that many close minded or even semi moderate people would find it very offensive, . your explanation of the remarks being intended for only emotions and intuition would make allot of other members at ease, but unfortunately I am still in difference with you because I believe quite the opposite ( not being smarter of having a better intellect but still within emotions, and intuition) I believe men are more romantic, and idealistic than women, and more vulnerable to the effect of those emotions they have , the only difference is that they are more capable at controlling their feelings than women, in other words, Men are romantic, and emotional in there feeling, but realistic when they make decisions, and women are realistic, and practical, in there feeling and they tend to be emotional when they decide on their actions. I could be wrong, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and that's why we have this forum.

You have a good point. Maybe I based my statement too emotionally ( )within the context. There are romantic, passionate and intuitive men of course (my husband, luckily for me, is one of them). They are in minority though in the Western world, in which I have the most experience in 'studying' people. Egyptian (and Middle Eastern) men are much more 'emotional' then their western counterparts, no question about it (that's why we are so crazy about them ). Since this is a forum dedicated to the 'Egyptian issues', I should have not stretched my opinion as far as I did. Thanks for correcting me, I mean it.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherNewMember:
Mother Theresa does NOT post on ES.

Mother Theresa indeed does not, but King Elvis does!!!

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
AnotherNewMember,

Actually it is sad you keep digging your own grave deeper and deeper(lol)!
You don't even remember your own posts, nor can you reread them apparently.
Why would the heat be too much for me as you say "get out of the kitchen". It is only a forum not a war!I just said you were rude.
My daughter when she came in from her college dorm this weekend, found you utterly ridiculous. She is only 18 yrs. old and had more common sense. She was curious on reading this specific forum, she first said you corrected me on the word usage of "there", you had used they're incorrect & many people typing were using mispelled words. So what? Were not in a spelling bee.
She asked me to post this just for you :
their>possesive
example:it is their dog
there> location; state of something.(state of being)
example: The car is over there.
There are two cats.

they're> contraction of "they are"
example: They're going to the store.
She hopes it will help you.
Actually she is president of the speech and debate team.
Her comments on this room were people here do not let others voice opinions, and get very nasty and make it a personal issue.
A whole group of college students stopped in before they left for the tournament, and said "what is it with this woman"? We all use AIM around here, so what? Some use ICQ, some MSN, they couldn't understand your thinking, but again they were all unanimous you don't make any sense.
I'm so happy they showed and explained to me, how it works, the computer engineer students, said numerous people on here change the name constantly and come on as different people, Just screwing with people's minds "as these students told me".
The word they wanted passed to you , and this came from their mouth was you are really a piece of work they considered you "Jank"
Gotta get my slang book out.
"Jank" ( and they said you talk a lot of Bullshit)!

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
AnotherNewMember,
Oops I forgot one sentence they mentioned, to correct you on since you like to nitpick on everyone . Your last post , here is some help on spelling the word" typical"
Guess we all gotta keep a dictionary near by

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
hassencheb,

Just wanted to mention we go to Dearborn often
and the last time was on the "Eid".
We visited many friends ,and it was so nice to see people bonding together.Wow they are really opening some new plazas ,very nice to see the new businesses. Warren ave. was busy!
I always have to stop in at my favorite sweet shop "Yassine's (Royal Bakery), just can't resist so delicious!
I love to browse in "royalsmokers argeleh" the aromas of the flavored tobacco are wonderful. Samer Shami has a lovely shop.
Had a question, after we ate dinner , I noticed driving by an "arab buffet restaurant
how is the food? Well if you get a chance let me know sometime.
Thankyou

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Karah,

I got your message about your yahoo page, finally viewed it. Your dog is so cute he is "huge"! I thought my cat was big, he is like a "raccoon" my grey and white cat and rules the roost.Had to take my daughters dog "scooby" to her grandpa's house (cocker spaniel), you know how hyper and excitable those dogs are, needed more room to run. What is your dogs name? I have always loved animals and brought up with them, they are so smart and really understand, did you notice they even feel when you are upset and will comfort! Take Care

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Jokes, remember I am a Scandinavian American, I am not engineered for a funny bone! Look for Ole and Lena jokes and you will notice why. Yet I love gender based jokes and really can crank out good ones. No harm intended.

And thank you for wishing me the best. I am glad you enjoy Misr. There's a mystique to the country that appeals to me, in a modern sense and that is what I will explore. I am a people watcher, I love debate and deep discussions on society, politics and cultures. The more I read on Arab/North African culture the more I am like WOW!

And one thing I have learned in the last year is forgiveness. And watching someone develop into his own and find the place he was meant to be is very amazing. Luckily he manages to put up with my high volume smoothering and still have deep emotive and inquisitive conversations.

Art History is another huge passion, and I will brave the toxic air of Cairo to go on tours to see Islamic, Coptic and Fustat Cairo. Architecture is in short supply in the Midwest and this is a huge awakening for me.

Man its difficult to hide textbooks and library books at work, but somehow I have done good so far.

Enjoy Misr for me Troubles101, its worth the experience.

Sonomod,

I can tell you do read alot, you remind me of myself when first time I went to work I thought like I will have plenty of free time at work and can get a book or two with me. I love to read but my problem is, I never finish a book , guess it's manly thing going from seomthing to another without mastering anything just like the way we treat TV remote controls and women

As for Egypt, I can't sayy that my joy is the history here, I'm kinda the typical Egyptian guy who was born in Egypt and never left it plus spent most of his life in the city he was born at. I don't work in tourism or have many connections with tourists or planning to marry non Egyptian and get her VISA (in case you believe egyptians ). My joy is my family and friends and those represent Egypt to me, I enjoy the friendship and family that I can never meet like them in any place in this world. My day is the typical Egyptian everyday with the blood boiling traffics, the air and same economic pressures yet I learned to swallow it all and remember its beauty as nothing is ever perfetct... Alhamdulellah

Forgiveness is indeed a sign of strnghth and it takes alot of effort to do it sometimes. One thing I alwayes didn't understand about women is that they are very capable of forgiving yet they never forget anything bad was done to them, they remember the year, month, day and the hour with all detailes which is scary to me

Autobahn
Member # 6098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autobahn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Have you ever heard of a place called UTAH ??
you can have more than one wife there,
have you heard of the Mormons, the Amish ??

they do allow polygamy , and the USA government cannot touch them, and the only Mormons man who ever got into trouble for polygamy was this guy who married 22 wives, most of them are sisters, and the basic charge was childe molestations for marrying a 13 years old ( Not Polygamy)

Your information is incorrect. Polygamy was legal in Utah before they became a state about 100 years ago but it is no longer legal.

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
AnotherNewMember,

Actually it is sad you keep digging your own grave deeper and deeper(lol)!
You don't even remember your own posts, nor can you reread them apparently.
Why would the heat be too much for me as you say "get out of the kitchen". It is only a forum not a war!I just said you were rude.
My daughter when she came in from her college dorm this weekend, found you utterly ridiculous. She is only 18 yrs. old and had more common sense. She was curious on reading this specific forum, she first said you corrected me on the word usage of "there", you had used they're incorrect & many people typing were using mispelled words. So what? Were not in a spelling bee.
their>possesive
There are two cats.

they're> contraction of "they are"
example: They're going to the store.
She hopes it will help you.
Actually she is president of the speech and debate team.
Her comments on this room were people here do not let others voice opinions, and get very nasty and make it a personal issue.
A whole group of college students stopped in before they left for the tournament, and said "what is it with this woman"? We all use AIM around here, so what? Some use ICQ, some MSN, they couldn't understand your thinking, but again they were all unanimous you don't make any sense.
I'm so happy they showed and explained to me, how it works, the computer engineer students, said numerous people on here change the name constantly and come on as different people, Just screwing with people's minds "as these students told me".
The word they wanted passed to you , and this came from their mouth was you are really a piece of work they considered you "Jank"
Gotta get my slang book out.
"Jank" ( and they said you talk a lot of Bullshit)!

Alana, you crack me up. All I can do is sit here imagining my child coming home from college, and all I can do is say, dear, come read what they wrote on ES.

Then I imagined calling my Egyptian friends and asking them to read what's written on ES.

I imagined telling my husband and his friends to read what is being written on ES.

By the time I was rolling on the floor laughing, I tried to picture a group of engineer student analyzing ES for one of their friends mother. (I wish they had a cracking up smiley)

Later for you kid. It's been fun

AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
quote:
Mother Theresa indeed does not, but King Elvis does!!!

Yeah I think I spotted him with bigfoot.

Anyway I have to go call all of my friends, family members, and a few colleagues, and ask them to analyze ES for me. Ciao!

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Karah,

I got your message about your yahoo page, finally viewed it. Your dog is so cute he is "huge"! I thought my cat was big, he is like a "raccoon" my grey and white cat and rules the roost.Had to take my daughters dog "scooby" to her grandpa's house (cocker spaniel), you know how hyper and excitable those dogs are, needed more room to run. What is your dogs name? I have always loved animals and brought up with them, they are so smart and really understand, did you notice they even feel when you are upset and will comfort! Take Care

I gave you my Yahoo Messenger ID...Don't tell me my picture is still floating on the net! I thought my husband took them all off. My dog's name is Sappho (derived from Sapphona) Unfortunately she is no longer among the living creatures of this world (since last year), and I can't really talk about her because I will bawl for the rest of the evening (I am starting already). She was the Pet Love of my life.

Darkeyes
Member # 6058

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darkeyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I gave you my Yahoo Messenger ID...Don't tell me my picture is still floating on the net!

It's not on your profile page.

Posts: 212 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 06 February 2005).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

their>possesive

There are two cats.

quote:
and she said she gets many calls from egyptian women when they discover this secret about there husband.

Maybe it's time your daughter gave you some spelling lessons.

Btw ... wondering who you bring up next ...

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 06 February 2005).]

Pritipersoon55
Member # 6564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pritipersoon55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chanced upon this forum here because was looking for this kind of information, though less for fights of belief :o) and more for actual experience from people who’ve been through (or are deep into :o) love&marriage with an egyptian.

BTW the topic is just becoming huge in Estonian and Russian webs because these nationalies are just beginning to spend money on travelling. Sharm already speaks russian like it does english :o), a luxury we estonians do not share but never mind, we are a happily multilingual people, or at least I am :o). But anyway... egyptian men, it seems they make us all, western women, fly like flies to honey :o))

OK, here my views about the topic of several wives.

First of all we should remember ther is no one proven “technical” standard for love or marriage. This os what makes ist all so confusing, because otherwise we’d simply have to compare and decide, but inbstead, it all is very personal because we all have to cerain extent different wishes and standards and values in life.

Secondly and awfully importantly, all comparisons thus should be relative, there are no absolute values. And relative to real life maybe, not dreams. I’ve noticed that people here compare matters of love and marriage to the idealistic situation where 2 persons are married to each other and (NB!) they both and both of them also love each other. Now how often does this occur in real life? I would to suggest that especially north americans or people from any other old fixed type of societies love to see simply what they wish to see and believe about themselves. Though don’t we all :o). There is a lot of hypocracy and make-believe in our societies, but the truth is that people marry on very different reasons even in the western cultures; that the initial infatuation may not last and that it is I believe only normal if a person then will continue looking for a satisfying relationship, or excitement if the marriage to the first person becomes boring. None of us wishes it, but none of us can guarantee things beforehand! Men no less than women. Thus, even so many men in the west have several wives, here we just call the second wife the “lover” and the arrangement is different in that the married wife usually does not know :o). Many couples even if they strive hard to comply to all expectations of their immediate society, simply do not enjoy life together, and also grow apart, now what’s enjoyable or recommendable in a monogamy like that? ...in societies where all our states have welfare systems in place so that anyone can very well survive on own, with or without children or job, economically. (Not that i promote any such life as a single.)

Compared to not the ideal then, but to reality (and especially to the worst of it, like wives being beaten or suffering economically incapable or drunken husbands, or marriages for a title or money or better life standard in general, absolutely as common in the west, may i point out) why would we demand from the muslims to be and behave solely ideally then, if we ourselvs aren’t capable of living our ideals.And if the “ideal” is very personal and depends on what other choices the person would realistically have, e.g. to share a maybe nice man, or to entirely own a not so nice one or noone at all?? Can you answer? Someone famous has said that the real choices in life are not between good and bad (because that is easy!). Real choices are between bad and bad, or good and good... several different goods or bads, and that’s what makes it so difficult.

There is on factor that keeps me personally interested in egypt and possibly in its men (although the whole country is full of wonderful potential, besides its history of course) is the emotions that I experienced there. Living in a somewhat climatically hard or maybe simply too hard working society where men show about as much emotions as tin preserves and act about as molluscs when you try to touch them (tuck in or flee :o), I was fascinated how bravely and freely the egyptians talk about their emotions. I also hope that maybe there they somewhat learn from the cultures developing ahead of them (arbitrary but let me say so here), that they maybe could avoid the wrong turns we have may made, and develop their own way instead, preserving the real values that may still exist there, while I already see them disappearing so fast in Estonia. Career, a house, a second car, then private school for children, we are becoming a consumer society, eagerly shelling out money even for things that we coudl do ourselves or could get without money (e.g. ther is no proven records that state schools are any worse or private schools any better). We spend entire lives simply slaving for more money to buy more things that we think we need to be happy. I went to egypt ands I saw beduins and they were the happiest people of long times I’ve seen! So I strongly believe on that happyness is in less things instead and that maybe thsi standard is easier to follow when being married to an Egyptian, in a land with strong and long own traditions, though I am a bit worried that they think too much of western ways and try to mimick the coca cola culture, instead of standing strong for own values and self-regard.

What concerns the different religions, then I am a believer if in anything at all then in humans :o), the only proven force in the world who can help in anything if at all. But we all believe n something, and very strong, and get angry or defencive if feel that our beliefs are threatened because losing belief could leave us baseless and directionless, at least for some time. And since our decisions, even the smallest, actually rely on our beliefs and values, then I think it is only natural, if spouses share, try share or try convince the other to share same beliefs. How else could you back your man in any of his decisions, or he you....???? if you believe differently. The solution in my mind is simply try look deeper than the books and stories to the general ideas behind them. The religions thus become less threatning and there is actually a lot that we share and follow even without activele believeing or following. Like do not do onto another what you would not have don to you, or what is the correct saying in English. A lot is simply based on humanistic values, and part is based on specific circumstances, locations and people to whom they apply and symphatise. We can also view any holy book as an ancient guide to a good and fulfilling life, according to knowledge and beliefs applicable in its time. Of course, having a man who shares the same level of intelligence with you probably does help, but isn’t this too one of these difficult to attain in real life “ideals”. :o)

Posts: 90 | From: www.visitestonia.com | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Hi Waleed, I am turning 31 tomorrow, another Aquarius, hopefully it doesn't bring you bad luck to tell you already

kulla sana wa enta tayyeb!

All the best to you!

quote:
Originally posted by frosya Burlakova
[b]
wow wow...i am an Aquarious toooo..yyeeepp..now i understand why i like u ..felt it with my a..!gonna send u my e-mail on you hotmail just to see ur picture ..Happy birthday honey will come soon..
me

Happy Birthday to us all, [b] long live aquarious lol as I said, you are all welcome to join in,

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pritipersoon55, I love your post. I even read it all, which does not happen to me often as I delight in passing judgment after reading the first and the last sentence, not necessarily in that order (if that). You speak like a human being aware of her environment and accepting the differences of our world as they come across your path. Highly commendable attitude for all of us. Now. You shall be attacked and chopped into pieces by our ES Closed Minded Militant Group. Do not fear them, however, as the world would be boring without differences between its creatures, plus, they are harmless in their quest being blind as moles after all.

Ps. When sufficiently provoked, I can always pull out my high tech device (equipped with the silencer) from under the bed (sorry dust bunnies) and bring back my main function on ES (kept in disguise as I strive to look as a good guy ) as an Independent Assassin. And let the fun begin!!!

Pritipersoon55
Member # 6564

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pritipersoon55     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You shall be attacked and chopped into pieces by our ES Closed Minded Militant Group.
[/B]

Thanks :-), Karah. I believe I am quite tough and seen my share of your CMMG species, though who knows :-), well anyway I would not deserve the trouble. Speaking of toughness, again, brings me back to the topic of egyptian men, do not know much more arabs or similar, seemingly a species that can make me feel fragile and feminine, something I really really enjoy and miss in life. Someone have a recipe for that?

Posts: 90 | From: www.visitestonia.com | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marjolein
Member # 6573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marjolein     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
You already said it.... 9 out of 10 times there are two reasons why an Egyptian man takes a second wife (often a foreign wife)

#1 - $$$$$

#2 - $EX

No more needs to be said. For anyone that disagrees or is in a "my relationship is different" relationship, count your blessings. You are 1 of 10.

Posts: 5 | From: leiden,holland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Karah,

I am so sorry about your dog, when I put in Karah_mia on Yahoo that is what came up, your web page and pic of you with your dog.
Once again so sorry .

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Karah,

I am so sorry about your dog, when I put in Karah_mia on Yahoo that is what came up, your web page and pic of you with your dog.
Once again so sorry .

Thank you very very much.

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
AnotherNewMember,

Actually no , I am very proud of my daughter, and she is an adult , if she chooses to show interest or would like to give input , all power to her.
You just didn't like to be corrected by a college student. Spelling lesson not really, it's just a forum like I said before, we are not being judged on spelling. If you read posts on all topics , many mispelled words.
I think it's great when a mother and daughter have such a close bond like we do and I would never feel ashamed.
You really have a distorted view on life, put some of that negative energy you waste on putting everyone down , and volunteer some community time with the poor, or spend a day with a dying cancer patient, you might look at life in a different light , and count your blessings.

RetirementBitches
Member # 6332

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RetirementBitches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
AnotherNewMember,

Actually no , I am very proud of my daughter, and she is an adult , if she chooses to show interest or would like to give input , all power to her.
You just didn't like to be corrected by a college student. Spelling lesson not really, it's just a forum like I said before, we are not being judged on spelling. If you read posts on all topics , many mispelled words.
I think it's great when a mother and daughter have such a close bond like we do and I would never feel ashamed.
You really have a distorted view on life, put some of that negative energy you waste on putting everyone down , and volunteer some community time with the poor, or spend a day with a dying cancer patient, you might look at life in a different light , and count your blessings.

why do you keep arguing with "AnotherNewMember" about things she did not write???? you made me read the topic more than once and i still don't understand who's arguing with who...i mean whom ... or is it who...oh what the hell...

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pritipersoon55:

RESPECT

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

Sonomod,

I can tell you do read alot, you remind me of myself when first time I went to work I thought like I will have plenty of free time at work and can get a book or two with me. I love to read but my problem is, I never finish a book , guess it's manly thing going from seomthing to another without mastering anything just like the way we treat TV remote controls and women

Unfortunately I am a level one help desk person and alot of the employees here know what they are doing with their PCs so I don't get many calls, but I am lucky to help with projects. Plus I work nights so really very little calls.

i don't finish books either, just skim because many books in USA on Islam, Egypt or Middle East repeats introductory information over and over and over again, the maybe 30 pages of fresh and different info.

quote:
As for Egypt, I can't say that my joy is the history here, I'm kinda the typical Egyptian guy who was born in Egypt and never left it plus spent most of his life in the city he was born at.

Most Misryan men don't even have a 5 minute conversation with a foreigner so you don't need to elaborate. Besides life in Misr is so intense foreigners require so much patience to get them up to speed.

My hubby spent the first 12 or 15 years of his life in Alex and then went to his extended family's village which eventually grew back into importance, but still was too slow for him.

The only reason why he's in USA was to finish medical school. He has a BS in Commerce, but dad wanted a backup doctor to ensure the family's status. I was the only woman he ran into in the west who didn't treat him like a piece of ass, and I was dignified and well read.

Yet thanks to me and my hatred for medical doctors I managed to manipulate dad into giving up this 'two of my sons are doctors' crap. That carried alot of weight with his family.

quote:
Forgiveness is indeed a sign of strnghth and it takes alot of effort to do it sometimes. One thing I alwayes didn't understand about women is that they are very capable of forgiving yet they never forget anything bad was done to them, they remember the year, month, day and the hour with all detailes which is scary to me

Women are more emotional and due to the fact that it takes husband a good 10-15 years to realize what it takes to be in a relationship. We need to remind them consistantly and patiently so the build up husbandly intelligence does evaporate and leave their brain cavity. Its like math.

Believe or not my father told me that. Yup he's a woose, a really great manly woose.

What defies me is so much of Misr's recent past is wrapped up into popular culture, movies, literature, songs, and art. Its hard to have an empty headed "White Caste" type film produced in Misr. Even the Lemby films by Mohhamed Sae3ad have socail commentary undertones. I watch more ART than American network channels.

That Lemby is one funny hop headed dork. He's so awesome.

lena_robins
Member # 6585

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lena_robins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the majority of the people talking in this conversation: this second marriage is not something common in Egypt and other Muslim countries and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaany Muslim rejects it.
Posts: 17 | From: Arizona | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by lena_robins:
I agree with the majority of the people talking in this conversation: this second marriage is not something common in Egypt and other Muslim countries and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaany Muslim rejects it.

Oh goodness are you right. Most understand that one is enough.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com