EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » COMPETITION (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: COMPETITION
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not yet Jen...snowmen and carrot noses will only appear in December,when I'm on the beaches of Cayo Largo he he he !!

But the grass is glossy white now, thus no more green grass...and the pine trees have a sprinkle of icy snow on them...it does look slightly wintery... dreamy....like a post card...

It's cold outside, but my heart is warm like a true Egyptian!

Friendly salams
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by msjen:
Enough snow to build a snowman with a carrot nose ...?

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

by the way, DID YOU KNOW THAT
you should walk a mile in someone's shoes before you criticize them. that way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes ...

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Not yet Jen...snowmen and carrot noses will only appear in December,when I'm on the beaches of Cayo Largo he he he !!

But the grass is glossy white now, thus no more green grass...and the pine trees have a sprinkle of icy snow on them...it does look slightly wintery... dreamy....like a post card...

It's cold outside, but my heart is warm like a true Egyptian!

Friendly salams
Monica

Well, dear friend, that simply means that you will miss out on all the snowball fights then!

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 05 November 2003).]

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dear friend you make me laugh and that's enough to keep this thread alive.....
so you are a mile away and have their shoes that is so brilliant!!!
But wait till I tell you mine this morning, before running to a very important meeting :

DID YOU KNOW that Egyptians believed in the afterlife???

So: This loving and affectionate Egyptian married couple was constantly wondering if there was a heaven after death, so they finally agreed that the one who dies first comes back somehow, to tell the other what to expect...

Anyway, the husband dies first;-( so, on a beautiful sunny day while the wife is sipping her tea on her Veranda, alone with her loving memories, she hears: Habibti, ( darling), Habibti ( darling) Habibti ( darling)

So she goes; Habibi? (darling) Habibi? ( darling) Habibi? (darling)

He goes: yes yes it's me habibik ( your darling)

So she asks : how are you ya hayati ( my life) and what are you doing ya rohi ( my soul)?
So he says: I'm great,I'm great not to worry ya albi ( my heart), I wake up in the morning and I have the most wonderful affectionate time, and then I have breakfast and then I have the most wonderful affectionate time, and then I have lunch then I sun bathe a bit, I have a nap and then I have the most wonderful affectionate time, and then I have dinner, and have the most wonderful affectionate time, and then I go to sleep, and the next day it all starts again ya roh alby (the soul of my heart).

So the widow goes: oooohhhhh habibi (darling,) hayati (my life) hobi ( my love) that's reassuring, as you must be in HEAVEN!

And he answers: no habibti (darling) I'm just a RABBIT in a farm.
he he he...
Have a super day everyone...and don't wait till you become a rabbit in the afterlife to show affection to your loved ones!!

Monica

quote:

by the way, DID YOU KNOW THAT
you should walk a mile in someone's shoes before you criticize them. that way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes ...

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 05 November 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning, everyone! I'm so sorry I don't post very often or very much, but I am trying to get into the business of writing & illustrating children's books so I've been preoccupied with reading about the process of getting started and hopefully published one day! It's exciting! My two little boys are constantly giving me ideas on what I should write, they're so funny. Anyway, I wanted to say that I may not be coming here as much because of this, but I will be popping in now and then! I guess that takes me out of the competition pretty much, huh? That's alright....may the best woman win!
Wish me luck, girls.

Posts: 120 | From: Dallas,TX | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isabella!!!! we'll miss you!!! but it's such a fabulous project you have there!

Please keep us posted on this! and maybe read us a page or two at one point, once it's done...we ( I speak for the group in this thread in total confidence he he he)will certainly buy your book!!! Our own Isabella (A.K.A Tarah), a future published writer, how Exciting!

Wishing you the best of luck from the heart!

Monica ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by Tarah:
Good morning, everyone! I'm so sorry I don't post very often or very much, but I am trying to get into the business of writing & illustrating children's books so I've been preoccupied with reading about the process of getting started and hopefully published one day! It's exciting! My two little boys are constantly giving me ideas on what I should write, they're so funny. Anyway, I wanted to say that I may not be coming here as much because of this, but I will be popping in now and then! I guess that takes me out of the competition pretty much, huh? That's alright....may the best woman win!
Wish me luck, girls.

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tarah, I also wanted to tell you what I always say at the end of my business speeches.

Follow your heart and instincts. Act on your dreams. They can come true if you have faith and strive to do your best always. Have the courage of your convictions, to be
yourself, to stand on your own two feet, and mostly, to do things differently from others in your own style.

Once more G.Luck, and update this board on your achievements.

Monica

quote:
Wish me luck, girls.

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello dear friends,

I'm leaving for Singapore tomorrow, a surprise trip decided during a meeting this morning!

I'll be away for 10 days, so msjen you will probably catch up big time...but I'll be baaaack!

So my last contribution of the day is to a famous Egyptian woman:

DID YOU KNOW that,

Siza Nabarawi, born in a village in Gharbiya governorate, Egypt, on May 24, 1897, and originally named as Zeinab Mohamed Murad, was adopted and renamed as such by a relative of her family.

She was educated in a French-language school at Alexandria, then traveled to Paris, where she graduated at Lycee de Versaille. She was forced by her father to discontinue her schooling at the age of 17.

Back from Paris, Siza came in contact with Mrs. Hoda Sh'arawi, who instilled a new spirit in her, turning her into a woman dedicated to a message of changing and pushing forward society, and asserting woman’s right to education as an active member. On March 16, 1919, she took part in the first women's demonstration in protest of British occupation.

Thanks to her endeavors women’s demands for raising marriage age limits for girls and equal opportunity for secondary and higher education were realized, in addition to the opening of the first school for girls in 1923

Besides her position as the chairman of the Berlin- based International Democratic Women’s Federation, she represented Egypt in all International women’s conferences, in Moscow, Napoli, Paris, Berlin, Istanbul, Marseilles, Amsterdam and Beirut.

Salam my friends, and take care of this thread. I know you'll keep it alive INTELLIGENTLY, with a dash of humour!

Monica ;-)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by msjen:
[B] Well, dear friend, that simply means that you will miss out on all the snowball fights then!

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen,
It is virtually impossible to find a portrait of an ancient Egyptian whose eyes are not decorated.

During all periods and dynasties, eye makeup was a daily prerequisite for both men and women.

As U may know the Egyptians possessed the equivalent of our modern rouge, lip-gloss and nail polish, these were used only upon occasion, apparently as a matter of personal preference, style and fashion.

The ancient Egyptian tradition of outlining the eyes with pigment to create an almond or feline shape and the importance placed upon this practice, however, transcends the Western concept of eye makeup.

To know more, please go to: http://www.beautyworlds.com/egypt.htm

There was probably no better time for hair than in ancient Egypt. You could dye it, cut it, braid it, shave it, weave charms into it—and then there were the wigs—of countless designs. The ancient Egyptians-- both men and women--were known for hating facial and body hair and used all kinds of shaving implements to get rid of it. But hair on the head? They loved it—and had so many ways of showing it.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica,
About your post about afterlife, and how I can relate it with Jen post about the Beauty and make-up in ancient Egypt, here is some information for U both:

Oils and perfumes were used in Egypt even before unification around 3100 B.C. Although burials from the predynastic period were generally little more than shallow graves in the sand, the presence of grave goods indicates that the early Egyptians already believed in an afterlife.

In addition to such essentials as food and drink, the dead were often buried with a range of cosmetics and the raw materials for their preparation.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Wish me luck, girls.

Tarah, that's a shame ... I thought we just established a great crew on board here ...
but remember that you have until 14th February to catch up!! That's more than 3(!) months!!! Or are you trying to tell us that you will be away for THAT LONG???

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
My dear friend you make me laugh and that's enough to keep this thread alive.....
so you are a mile away and have their shoes that is so brilliant!!!
But wait till I tell you mine this morning, before running to a very important meeting :

DID YOU KNOW that Egyptians believed in the afterlife???

So: This loving and affectionate Egyptian married couple was constantly wondering if there was a heaven after death, so they finally agreed that the one who dies first comes back somehow, to tell the other what to expect...

Anyway, the husband dies first;-( so, on a beautiful sunny day while the wife is sipping her tea on her Veranda, alone with her loving memories, she hears: Habibti, ( darling), Habibti ( darling) Habibti ( darling)

So she goes; Habibi? (darling) Habibi? ( darling) Habibi? (darling)

He goes: yes yes it's me habibik ( your darling)

So she asks : how are you ya hayati ( my life) and what are you doing ya rohi ( my soul)?
So he says: I'm great,I'm great not to worry ya albi ( my heart), I wake up in the morning and I have the most wonderful affectionate time, and then I have breakfast and then I have the most wonderful affectionate time, and then I have lunch then I sun bathe a bit, I have a nap and then I have the most wonderful affectionate time, and then I have dinner, and have the most wonderful affectionate time, and then I go to sleep, and the next day it all starts again ya roh alby (the soul of my heart).

So the widow goes: oooohhhhh habibi (darling,) hayati (my life) hobi ( my love) that's reassuring, as you must be in HEAVEN!

And he answers: no habibti (darling) I'm just a RABBIT in a farm.
he he he...
Have a super day everyone...and don't wait till you become a rabbit in the afterlife to show affection to your loved ones!!

Monica

Well, actually no, not if you're not there no laugh ... But i'll try to keep the intelligent people on board ... and if i don't succeed i'll just post here myself every day so u can't miss the thread when you get back

By the way you'd better not show that joke to the lady on the 'flirting' post who was so possessive of her (ex-)partner ... she would freak out by the idea that her future hubby (if any) could end up on a rabbit farm...

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I'm leaving for Singapore tomorrow, a surprise trip decided during a meeting this morning!

Hi Monica,
Wowww, Singapore...
So U will be leaving your snow, and will travel to Singapore, Singapura
the sunny island set in the sea

I recomend you to visit Bintan Island (Indonesia). It's only 45 minutes from Singapore and good place to relax and get some rest from msjen posts!!!!!lol

Take care

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Hello dear friends,

I'll be away for 10 days, so msjen you will probably catch up big time...but I'll be baaaack!

So my last contribution of the day is to a famous Egyptian woman:

DID YOU KNOW that,

Siza Nabarawi, born in a village in Gharbiya governorate, Egypt, on May 24, 1897, and originally named as Zeinab Mohamed Murad, was adopted and renamed as such by a relative of her family.

She was educated in a French-language school at Alexandria, then traveled to Paris, where she graduated at Lycee de Versaille. She was forced by her father to discontinue her schooling at the age of 17.

Back from Paris, Siza came in contact with Mrs. Hoda Sh'arawi, who instilled a new spirit in her, turning her into a woman dedicated to a message of changing and pushing forward society, and asserting woman’s right to education as an active member. On March 16, 1919, she took part in the first women's demonstration in protest of British occupation.

Thanks to her endeavors women’s demands for raising marriage age limits for girls and equal opportunity for secondary and higher education were realized, in addition to the opening of the first school for girls in 1923

Besides her position as the chairman of the Berlin- based International Democratic Women’s Federation, she represented Egypt in all International women’s conferences, in Moscow, Napoli, Paris, Berlin, Istanbul, Marseilles, Amsterdam and Beirut.

Salam my friends, and take care of this thread. I know you'll keep it alive INTELLIGENTLY, with a dash of humour!

Monica ;-)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by msjen:
[B] Well, dear friend, that simply means that you will miss out on all the snowball fights then!

and did YOU know that you can get arrested in Singapore for spitting chewing gum on the pavement!

hope you have a good time there, have u been before? i visited that place for one day (stopover on the way to thailand) and i personally found it a bit sterile, people there were very serious and without any kind of temperament ... but hopefully you'll meet a few nice people to keep you company .. (sorry don't mean to be a grumpy sod...)

Enjoy!
Jen x

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:
Jen,
It is virtually impossible to find a portrait of an ancient Egyptian whose eyes are not decorated.

During all periods and dynasties, eye makeup was a daily prerequisite for both men and women.

As U may know the Egyptians possessed the equivalent of our modern rouge, lip-gloss and nail polish, these were used only upon occasion, apparently as a matter of personal preference, style and fashion.

The ancient Egyptian tradition of outlining the eyes with pigment to create an almond or feline shape and the importance placed upon this practice, however, transcends the Western concept of eye makeup.

To know more, please go to: http://www.beautyworlds.com/egypt.htm

There was probably no better time for hair than in ancient Egypt. You could dye it, cut it, braid it, shave it, weave charms into it—and then there were the wigs—of countless designs. The ancient Egyptians-- both men and women--were known for hating facial and body hair and used all kinds of shaving implements to get rid of it. But hair on the head? They loved it—and had so many ways of showing it.

Thank you Adoula, that web site is great. Do you happen to know what this make-up was made of?

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Monica,
About your post about afterlife, and how I can relate it with Jen post about the Beauty and make-up in ancient Egypt, here is some information for U both:

Oils and perfumes were used in Egypt even before unification around 3100 B.C. Although burials from the predynastic period were generally little more than shallow graves in the sand, the presence of grave goods indicates that the early Egyptians already believed in an afterlife.

In addition to such essentials as food and drink, the dead were often buried with a range of cosmetics and the raw materials for their preparation.

Adoula, actually, is there any question you don't know the answer to, or you don't know where to find the answer???

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are wonderful...
I will take your advice adoula. But I looooove msjen posts!!! This trip is so sudden, I am totally astonished but very pleased.

Jen don't kill this thread, Freeman and Adoula and Laura keep up the good work, Tarah drop in once in a while. I hope you guys attract more intelligent people.

Listen guys, check ( An affair with a married Egyptian man ) - under Egyptians living abroad.

I encourage you to speak the truth always!

Salam to all,
Back on board November 17th [hopefully ;-)]
I'll miss you all!
Monica

quote:

Hi Monica,
Wowww, Singapore...

I recomend you to visit Bintan Island (Indonesia). It's only 45 minutes from Singapore and good place to relax and get some rest from msjen posts!!!!!lol

Take care

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:

Hi Monica,
Wowww, Singapore...

Take care

i am very sensitive and hurt now.

Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tarah, that's a shame ... I thought we just established a great crew on board here ...
but remember that you have until 14th February to catch up!! That's more than 3(!) months!!! Or are you trying to tell us that you will be away for THAT LONG???

Oh, definitely not! I will still be popping in every now and then but it will be more like once a week, not an everyday thing. I'll be here!

Posts: 120 | From: Dallas,TX | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
You guys are wonderful...
I will take your advice adoula. This is so sudden I am totally astonished but very pleased.

Jen don't kill this thread,

i think that my tolerance zone has just been reached ("...kill..."!)

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 05 November 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I added a sentence check it check it, and bye for real now!

quote:
i think that's my tolerance zone has just been reached (kill!)

Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Isabella!!!! we'll miss you!!! but it's such a fabulous project you have there!

Please keep us posted on this! and maybe read us a page or two at one point, once it's done...we ( I speak for the group in this thread in total confidence he he he)will certainly buy your book!!! Our own Isabella (A.K.A Tarah), a future published writer, how Exciting!

Wishing you the best of luck from the heart!

Monica ;-)

You are precious! As well as the rest of you girls....thank you so much for your good wishes. I am really excited about this. To my husband this seems like a spontaneous idea but I told him it's been in my head now for about 3 months, I just have not acted on it. Monica, your inspirational closing from your speeches brought tears to my eyes...that was truly heartfelt. I am following my dream, albeit a new one to me, until I succeed in becoming a published author. Thank you so much.

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
I added a sentence check it check it, and bye for real now!

also easy to get me happy again ...
have a lovely trip and make sure you have a 'normal' flight!

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
You are precious! As well as the rest of you girls....thank you so much for your good wishes. I am really excited about this. To my husband this seems like a spontaneous idea but I told him it's been in my head now for about 3 months, I just have not acted on it. Monica, your inspirational closing from your speeches brought tears to my eyes...that was truly heartfelt. I am following my dream, albeit a new one to me, until I succeed in becoming a published author. Thank you so much.

well best of luck BUT DON'T FORGET to stick your head in every now and then !!!

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Monica since there does not appear to be much activity here right now, I will start with:

MSJEN's EVENING NEWS (Thu 6 Nov)

* a new thread has been added by fantachero for language exchange (very useful!) *

* fantachero (turkish girl who turned down a date with baba-mido, remember ... ) has been officially invited to join this thread, however the conditions are that she posts a recipe for laura and a joke *

* feeman announced that he will post his picture on the picture thread on saturday, only 5 cent per picture (buy one, get another picture and a cyber kiss for free) he has not however, detailed how one can go about pre-ordering these.*

* adels birthday is in august so he is leo not scorpio and he complained that he didn't get any calls this year. i don't believe him but i wrote back that we (ie you and i) would call him for his birthday yext year. i assumed that this would have been your response, too.*

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 07 November 2003).]

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Jen,
Since Monica is not here, I want to make some funny noises.

You people need something funny. So let us start a comedy competition.

Egyptians are known to crack up new jokes every day. If the joke is not on politics, rulers, daily life, Upper Egyptians, then it is on themselves. Jokes help the average Egyptian get along with crowded streets, the boss at work, the spouse at home, and many other daily ordeals.

Do U know: What did the Egyptian man say to the Egyptian woman?
A: "Come behind the pyramid, and I'll make you a mummy!"

Can I expect to see any other jokes from you but not about Egyptians, each of us can make one from his country.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Dear Jen,
Since Monica is not here, I want to make some funny noises.

You people need something funny. So let us start a comedy competition.

Egyptians are known to crack up new jokes every day. If the joke is not on politics, rulers, daily life, Upper Egyptians, then it is on themselves. Jokes help the average Egyptian get along with crowded streets, the boss at work, the spouse at home, and many other daily ordeals.

Do U know: What did the Egyptian man say to the Egyptian woman?
A: "Come behind the pyramid, and I'll make you a mummy!"

Can I expect to see any other jokes from you but not about Egyptians, each of us can make one from his country.

Dear Adoula

I guess this makes you an equal partner in this competition! excellent! (one well-meant hint from me as an 'old competitor: if you divede one post into 3 subposts, it is easier to win the competition ...hehe)

anyway, about jokes, i like yours but cannot crack jokes on command, they just flow when i'm not asked to - so probably in the midddle of one of my training sessons tomorrow i will think of a suitable one ... and confuse all these poor english students when i start laughing with no obvious reason (hopefully not after some shy participant finally forked up the confidence to talk ...)

So maybe you could add one more? ... and tomorrow i'll think of a good one, i promise.

But Adoula, can you tell me the view of islam on homo-sexuality? I just followed another thread (about vealed women) and got a little bit upset disturbed when homo-sexuality was mentioned in one sentence with crime, violence, and affaires of married people.
Hopefully i mis-understood something?

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen,
I saw your question on the other topic, and just wanted to let our Moslem friends to reply, but since U asked me, so I will write my opinion.

There is no doubt that in Islam homosexuality is considered 'sinful'. Homosexuality as far as Islam is concerned is a profound mistake.

Humans are not homosexuals by nature. People become homosexuals because of their environments.

Homosexuality is not allowed in Islam. There are various verses in Quran where Allah clearly says about Homosexuality.

We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Holy Quran 7:80-81

"Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males". "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Holy Quran 26:165-166

The Quran forbids any sexual relationship other than in a marriage between a man and a woman. Many homosexual men and women claim that they are born with their sexual preferences and that they have no choice. Although this point is very much in dispute in the medical world, it has no support in the Quran. Even then, irrespective of the nature of homosexuality, this matter would not affect the laws spelled out clearly in the Quran .

We know that this life is a test. Everyone of us has his/her own test. For example someone may be born blind, but that person is expected to live his/her life according to God's law. Others are born poor, short, tall, weak, missing fingers, having big nose...etc but all of them are expected to follow God's law.

Some men or women may never marry in their life, or spend part of their life without a spouse. As per the Quran they still have to live a chaste life and avoid any sexual contacts outside a marriage. They have to suppress their sexual feelings to follow God's law. It is a major test and not an easy one for many.

According to Islam, They should pray to God to help them getting over it and submit to God's law that sees homosexuality as gross sin. Only those who steadfastly persevere in obeying God's law will they pass their test and confirm their submission to God.

For a person who asks, "why me?" We know God is the Most Merciful and Just (16:90) and He will give each one of us a fair test and a fair chance. He assigns the tests to suite each one of us and we believe that He will never burden any soul beyond its means (23:2).

And We have explained to man in this Qur'an every kind of similitude: yet the grater part of men refuse (to receive it) except with ingratitude!- Holy Quran 17:89

We have explained in detail in this Qur'an for the benefit of mankind every kind of similitude: but man is in most things contentious. - Holy Quran 18:54

We have put forth for men in this Qur'an every kind of Parable in order that they may receive admonition. - Holy Quran 39:27

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Jen,
I saw your question on the other topic, and just wanted to let our Moslem friends to reply, but since U asked me, so I will write my opinion.

There is no doubt that in Islam homosexuality is considered 'sinful'. Homosexuality as far as Islam is concerned is a profound mistake.

Humans are not homosexuals by nature. People become homosexuals because of their environments.

Homosexuality is not allowed in Islam. There are various verses in Quran where Allah clearly says about Homosexuality.

We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Holy Quran 7:80-81

"Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males". "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Holy Quran 26:165-166

The Quran forbids any sexual relationship other than in a marriage between a man and a woman. Many homosexual men and women claim that they are born with their sexual preferences and that they have no choice. Although this point is very much in dispute in the medical world, it has no support in the Quran. Even then, irrespective of the nature of homosexuality, this matter would not affect the laws spelled out clearly in the Quran .

We know that this life is a test. Everyone of us has his/her own test. For example someone may be born blind, but that person is expected to live his/her life according to God's law. Others are born poor, short, tall, weak, missing fingers, having big nose...etc but all of them are expected to follow God's law.

Some men or women may never marry in their life, or spend part of their life without a spouse. As per the Quran they still have to live a chaste life and avoid any sexual contacts outside a marriage. They have to suppress their sexual feelings to follow God's law. It is a major test and not an easy one for many.

According to Islam, They should pray to God to help them getting over it and submit to God's law that sees homosexuality as gross sin. Only those who steadfastly persevere in obeying God's law will they pass their test and confirm their submission to God.

For a person who asks, "why me?" We know God is the Most Merciful and Just (16:90) and He will give each one of us a fair test and a fair chance. He assigns the tests to suite each one of us and we believe that He will never burden any soul beyond its means (23:2).

And We have explained to man in this Qur'an every kind of similitude: yet the grater part of men refuse (to receive it) except with ingratitude!- Holy Quran 17:89

We have explained in detail in this Qur'an for the benefit of mankind every kind of similitude: but man is in most things contentious. - Holy Quran 18:54

We have put forth for men in this Qur'an every kind of Parable in order that they may receive admonition. - Holy Quran 39:27

Dear Adel
many thanks for this explanation. Do you agree with the qu'ran on this point? what does the bible write on that topic? (please write an e-mail rather than a post if you want, i don't want to spark off a fight here ...)

as you know, personally i have no religion. but some of the most gentle and generous men i know are homo-sexual which obviously makes it difficult for me to understand how ANYONE can compare them to criminals.

These men (and women, I guess, although i personally don't know) do not like realising that they are homo-sexual and they normally had girlfriends before they 'convert'. They have to let go of all their dreams and visions of life, such as raising a family one day. This is a difficult process for them and is not only a result of lust.

But i guess this is one of the areas where religious and non-religious people have different opinions. (Monica you're a wise woman not to post anything on religion, I think I will follow you on that one from now on ...)

Let's hope it doesn't get in our way ... ?

jen

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MsJen,

I think Adoula has taken care of your question thoroughly (thanks Adoula). I just wanted to add that homosexuality is also a sin in both the Christian and Jewish religions. There must be a reason it is forbidden to all (not just muslims)if you care to ponder further. Also I DID NOT relate homosexuals to criminals. Please reread what I wrote. I was just giving a daily fare of the American television available to little children.

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jen,

I have missed lots of things with not reading this thread before but I was busy with terrible reports and will try to catch up from now on. Will do my best to be good girl not to make u feel shame for inviting me
As a banker I could just find the below link which is cool but my mission will complete with better ones.
www.foulds2000.freeserve.co.uk/economists.htm
Ooohh by the way u make me remember where is baba mido? Will freeman really post his picture?

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jen,
I have agreed with Fanta to post a new topic talking about the Top reasons to date an engineer.

I have posted ten before, now here is another 10:

10.- The world does revolve around us... we choose the coordinate system.

9.- No "couple" enjoy a better "moment".

8.- We know how to handle stress and strain in a relationship.

7.- We have significant figures.

6.- EK301: The motion of rigid bodies.

5.- Projectile motion: Do we need to say more?

4.- Engineers do it to specification.

3.- According to Newton, if two bodies interact, their forces are equal and opposite.

2.- We know it's not the length of the vector that counts, but how you apply the force.

And the number one reasons to date an engineer:

1.- WE KNOW THE RIGHT HAND RULE!

What do U think?

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Only have a few minutes as i'm on my way to a training session, but maybe you could post 'INSTRUCTIONS to date an engineer' in the meantime, seems to be a whole science...

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fantachero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adoula,

I believe these ten reasons are better than first ten. I think you will convince me better in the next ten results

By the way what is your branch in engineering?

quote:
Jen,
I have agreed with Fanta to post a new topic talking about the Top reasons to date an engineer.

I have posted ten before, now here is another 10:

10.- The world does revolve around us... we choose the coordinate system.

9.- No "couple" enjoy a better "moment".

8.- We know how to handle stress and strain in a relationship.

7.- We have significant figures.

6.- EK301: The motion of rigid bodies.

5.- Projectile motion: Do we need to say more?

4.- Engineers do it to specification.

3.- According to Newton, if two bodies interact, their forces are equal and opposite.

2.- We know it's not the length of the vector that counts, but how you apply the force.

And the number one reasons to date an engineer:

1.- WE KNOW THE RIGHT HAND RULE!

What do U think?

Posts: 117 | From: istanbul, turkey | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, good news from Fanta
She is considering my CV
So let me try to put another reasons:
And by the way am an electronics engineer.

1. They are used to all nighters

2. They are always willing to experiment

3. They know how to decrease and increase friction

4. They know all about heat transfer

5. They do it with more torque

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
DID YOU KNOW that in Germany it is law that residents remove any snow or leaves that are on the pavement in front of their house? They can be held responsible if people slip as a result of not removing these!

JEN's EVENING NEWS

Actually I had a very amusing day today: It is autumn here with millions of coloured leaves flying and lying around. This afternoon I saw one of our neighbours removing these with a really noisy machine that sucks in leaves. He wasn't only removing the leaves in front of his house, but every SINGLE LEAF that was on the road. I asked him if he knew that what he was doing is titled 'sisyphus work' so he laughed and said that he was enjoying it! (???) I then advised him to go to the forest (which starts behind our house) because there would be many more leaves there waiting just for his machine... he thankfully declined (telling me i should 'get lost' - no worries he didn't mean it, he's a Brit ... ), but what a great example of neighbourly care !!!

Oh Monica, and by the way this book arrived today (Ahdaf Soueif)! Hopefully I will be able to start it next week!

Lastly, I have to tell you that there is a new okegypt on board and this woman (affair with married egyptian) actively supports his cause ... anyway, not my business.

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
fanta, be careful, he disappears with women after the 2nd date ...

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Oh nooooooooo,
They who disappear after the second date.
I think they do not value dating engineers....lol

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by fantachero:
Hi Jen,

I have missed lots of things with not reading this thread before but I was busy with terrible reports and will try to catch up from now on. Will do my best to be good girl not to make u feel shame for inviting me
As a banker I could just find the below link which is cool but my mission will complete with better ones.
Ooohh by the way u make me remember where is baba mido? Will freeman really post his picture?

welcome fanta,
just had a look at that website and found it very SPOOKY!
unfortunately, i have no idea what the answer to either of your questions is:
Mido seems to stick his head in every now and then, but i don't think he posts everytime he's here
about freeman's picture, well i can only say that a man's word is a man's word... , right freeman?

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Yess Adoula,i will put all items together and prepare a good cv with all this qualifications. You can get a good engineering positing with this one

quote:
WOW, good news from Fanta
She is considering my CV
So let me try to put another reasons:
And by the way am an electronics engineer.

1. They are used to all nighters

2. They are always willing to experiment

3. They know how to decrease and increase friction

4. They know all about heat transfer

5. They do it with more torque

fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
thats a thing to consider but he says that the disappearing onces are girls not the engineer

quote:
fanta, be careful, he disappears with women after the 2nd date ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh nooooooooo,
They who disappear after the second date.
I think they do not value dating engineers....lol

right, NOW i got it ....
hey, engineer, relaaaaaaax
and maybe you could issue the ladies with a manual before you date them, i would suggest that the average woman (who is NOT an engineer) might not UNDERSTAND all the benefits you have on offer ...
apart from fanta, of course, but you'd better get her back on track, she's writing a REAL cv for you .. hehe

fanta i think adoula was happy for you to consider his cv in terms of a date with him and not write a cv for him for an engineering post ... (?)

this is getting better and better ...

freeman
Member # 2671

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for freeman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the good thing about dating an engineer that he can always fix the relation even in some cases he gave you a waranty , if you read his instruction manual correctly he might stay with you forever.
I think this might be add to the advantages

[This message has been edited by freeman (edited 08 November 2003).]

Posts: 482 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
good point freeman, but how long is the manual
anyway, where's that pic?

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fanta,
I already have a good CV, and still can put thousands of reasons to encourage dating an engineer.....lol

Jen, do U really see that it will need a manual to date an engineer?
Ok, did U ever thought what is the reasons not to date an engineer??

Take care, he may will touche his car more often than you.
T-shirt and jeans are their formal dress. Hot dog and a six-pack is their seven-course meal.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
well, well, reasons NOT to date an engineer ... can't think of any, to be honest but keep them coming, this is interesting ...

but just found this and thought you might like it

Man says to God: "God, why did you make woman so beautiful?"
God says: "So you would love her."
But God," the man says, "why did you make her so dumb?"
God says: "So she would love you."

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Dear Monica
just in case you manage to stick your head in whilst in Singapore ... first of all i really hope that you're enjoying yourself!!! and don't forget to keep a detailed account of what happend to share with us when you get back

i just remembered, try to get hold of some 'tiger balm' whilst you're there. they definitely sell it in thailand and i think also in singapore. it is the best cure-all i ever found: good to soothe insect bites, head-aches, muscle pains, blocked noses, and just about everything else you can think of (also works as an insect repellant better than anything else!). and one little jar lasts FOREVER! (i take it everywhere i go...)

but ok, so here we go again:

MSJEN'S EVENING NEWS:

* generally a quiet day, as usual on sundays... *
* adoula posted an excellent thread on women, make sure you read it when you get back *
* freeman got cold feet and has NOT posted his picture *
* that's it, good night*

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one Jen,

But after reading it, I would like to say:

Oh God, can we have duck instead? ....lol

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fantachero:
Hi Jen,

Fanta,
Here is the way to call me (FROM THE LAND BEYOND BEYOND, FROM THE WORLD HAS NO HOPE AND FEAR,I WISH BABA-MIDO NOW TO APPEAR) THAT'S ALL,,,,,,,

Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fantachero
Member # 2707

Rate Member
Hi Jen,

How are things? I couldnt write till few days because I catch a terrible cold and spend all weekend at home trying to recover. Its monday and I am trying to keep my eyes open but it's difficult to see around with my big tomato nose
I could have chance to check the site and the first thing I do is to write adoula's evil subject. Do you think he is trying to escape from engineering issue?

By the way adoula, does engineers have idea about recovering cold

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com