EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » COMPETITION (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: COMPETITION
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all

this is my 197th post which brings me in line with monica - just thought i'd share this beautiful experience with you.

it probably isn't a real competition as this only just occured to me a few seconds ago when i was reading another thread where one of my postings is directly under monica's ... and monica is peacefully unaware of this ... hehe

sorry monica - bored at the moment so just fooling around ...

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was funny!!!

I am answering some personal emails, and checking ES once in a while. I was actually wondering what happenned to freeman??? he doesn't post anymore...what do you think happenned?
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by msjen:
hi all

this is my 197th post which brings me in line with monica - just thought i'd share this beautiful experience with you.

it probably isn't a real competition as this only just occured to me a few seconds ago when i was reading another thread where one of my postings is directly under monica's ... and monica is peacefully unaware of this ... hehe

sorry monica - bored at the moment so just fooling around ...

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, well, ...

i have a few hypothetical stories, one of which i posted i think yesterday or so (the one where freeman used to much shoe polish and as a result ended up in libya)

i thought that was the most realistic theory, until i realised that ES is also receiving lower amounts of postings from laura and nefertiti - and the big date (wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, thump my fingers, the 'dinner as friends' its my keyboard again, i promise!!!) was on friday.

so now i think the following happened: freeman picked up nefertiti from the train, together with laura and her husband. nefertiti's looks, however, contarary to what freeman expected, were quite similar to the 'original' nefertiti's features, as if she had risen back to life.

freeman, a little bit sensitive and nerveous, was completely gobsmacked and fainted. Laura's husband carried him into their home and placed him in the guesthouse on the other side of the road, in order for him to recover.

As nefertiti had come all the way from cairo, she and laura decided to find another person for entertainment and to go out for dinner anyway.

In the meantime laura's husband waited with freeman for his recovery, who in turn was still a little bit drowsy and thought that laura's husband was nefertiti!!!! He of course got a bit scared, locked freeman into the guesthouse, and joined nefertiti and laura and the new person (from upper egypt, with white teeth, a green uniform, speaks fluent english, and he brought ice-creams as a present for the host!).

As laura's husband couldn't tell his wife and nefertiti about this incident (remember, he thought that freeman had made an indecent move on him!!) he kept quiet, and in the end had such an entertaining evening that he forgot to set freeman free.

nefertiti and laura have now found out about this incident, however they are afraid that freeman will tell his story on ES if they set him free. this is why they are not posting much either, to prevent that words slip out that should better stay inside ...

i seriously think that we should mobilise a troup of people to search all guesthouses in alex, as freeman is in one of them. by now he has such withdrawal symptoms from writing 'gender plz' that he has already carved out a key-board shaped stone from the wall.

what can we do?

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member

yes and this posting takes me up to my 199th, back in line with you!!!

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Creative indeed! made me smile!!!!
Maybe you should start a thread: FREEMAN, where are you???

But seriously, I hope everyone is well...

By the way, I never told you about My Mango Juice Abuse Episode, during my 48 hours in Cairo!!! he he he... it was a total disaster of an allergy that started where else??? on the plane...big red itchy bumps on my face ( it's the truth, what can I say! ) and behind the ears, and behind the knees, and between the toes, I know I know...horrible...

I am fully recovered now, and here is what I discovered:

Besides from indulging on Mango Juice...apparently, in SOME places the juice comes from a can. Apparently also, we should always ask if the Mango Juice is fresh...go figure...I thought it was still mango season, but again apparently it ends by the end of September?! I'll have to inquire a bit more. Oh well..just sharing!

Monica

quote:

yes and this posting takes me up to my 199th, back in line with you!!!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 20 October 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member

you should stop flying! ...

doesn't appear to bring u much luck.

but can fully understand, i LOVEEEEEEE mangos and fruit and everything made of mangoes and fruit!

starting a thread for freeman would probably not make much sense and he cannot respond, remember a stone keyboard that is not connected to a monitor and PC does not transmit any letters ...

mybe we should start a thread asking who lives in alex, in order to form a brigade to free him.

or do u have any ideas what else we could do? or maybe one of the other 9 hypothetical stories hold trues and he is not in alex but at the north pole ...

talking about stories, i had something nasty happen to me last week:

i went to train english (my job) and it was the second time in a row that my tape recorder packed in at that particular company. the first time some friendly av guys lent me theirs, and they did the same again when i had to ask for it the second time... then one of the guys handed to me a little packed breakfast with chocolate ... i thought that was very nice and was surprised how friendly the people were at that place - everyone took the time for a chat and the woking climate seemed very relaxed.

however, when i got to the tube i opened the pack of chocolates and there was a letter from him: "i also have a tape recorder at HOME and would like to invite you for BREAKFAST there!!! (then his mobile number) -now how blatantly rude and disgusting is that, and WOT ON EARTH am i going to do when my tape recorder packs in again at the same company??? HELP!

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Let's see now, get a new tape recorder as a back up (!?)

About Freeman we have to help him come back again! Ideas needed!

When someone offers us something from now on, let's open it in front of them ( that's etiquette by the way) to see what we're getting, and share and thank them!!

Well, flying is part of my bread and butter!!
It was fun 'competing' with yoiu today!
Until the next,

sallam
Monica

quote:

you should stop flying! ...

doesn't appear to bring u much luck.

but can fully understand, i LOVEEEEEEE mangos and fruit and everything made of mangoes and fruit!

starting a thread for freeman would probably not make much sense and he cannot respond, remember a stone keyboard that is not connected to a monitor and PC does not transmit any letters ...

mybe we should start a thread asking who lives in alex, in order to form a brigade to free him.

or do u have any ideas what else we could do? or maybe one of the other 9 hypothetical stories hold trues and he is not in alex but at the north pole ...

talking about stories, i had something nasty happen to me last week:

i went to train english (my job) and it was the second time in a row that my tape recorder packed in at that particular company. the first time some friendly av guys lent me theirs, and they did the same again when i had to ask for it the second time... then one of the guys handed to me a little packed breakfast with chocolate ... i thought that was very nice and was surprised how friendly the people were at that place - everyone took the time for a chat and the woking climate seemed very relaxed.

however, when i got to the tube i opened the pack of chocolates and there was a letter from him: "i also have a tape recorder at HOME and would like to invite you for BREAKFAST there!!! (then his mobile number) -now how blatantly rude and disgusting is that, and WOT ON EARTH am i going to do when my tape recorder packs in again at the same company??? HELP!

Nefertiti
Member # 1628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nefertiti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
well, well, ...

i have a few hypothetical stories, one of which i posted i think yesterday or so (the one where freeman used to much shoe polish and as a result ended up in libya)

i thought that was the most realistic theory, until i realised that ES is also receiving lower amounts of postings from laura and nefertiti - and the big date (wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, thump my fingers, the 'dinner as friends' its my keyboard again, i promise!!!) was on friday.

so now i think the following happened: freeman picked up nefertiti from the train, together with laura and her husband. nefertiti's looks, however, contarary to what freeman expected, were quite similar to the 'original' nefertiti's features, as if she had risen back to life.

freeman, a little bit sensitive and nerveous, was completely gobsmacked and fainted. Laura's husband carried him into their home and placed him in the guesthouse on the other side of the road, in order for him to recover.

As nefertiti had come all the way from cairo, she and laura decided to find another person for entertainment and to go out for dinner anyway.

In the meantime laura's husband waited with freeman for his recovery, who in turn was still a little bit drowsy and thought that laura's husband was nefertiti!!!! He of course got a bit scared, locked freeman into the guesthouse, and joined nefertiti and laura and the new person (from upper egypt, with white teeth, a green uniform, speaks fluent english, and he brought ice-creams as a present for the host!).

As laura's husband couldn't tell his wife and nefertiti about this incident (remember, he thought that freeman had made an indecent move on him!!) he kept quiet, and in the end had such an entertaining evening that he forgot to set freeman free.

nefertiti and laura have now found out about this incident, however they are afraid that freeman will tell his story on ES if they set him free. this is why they are not posting much either, to prevent that words slip out that should better stay inside ...

i seriously think that we should mobilise a troup of people to search all guesthouses in alex, as freeman is in one of them. by now he has such withdrawal symptoms from writing 'gender plz' that he has already carved out a key-board shaped stone from the wall.

what can we do?

Aahh MsJen

You crack me up!! I have tears from reading your post!! Congratulations for your number of posts!!

Well, i'm afraid that i can't tell you where Freeman is.... possibly still polishing his shoes But in the words of Explorer "I can't complain" (I hope she didn't copyright that!)

I did have a wonderful time in Alex I've just been a little busy this week. I believe that Laura is away also, but i'm sure she will be back to post soon

Stay nutty MsJen

Posts: 693 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Msjen,

Sorry for not replying my dear, as i'm busy as heal
but i'll get back soon.

Take care dear

Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nefertiti:
Aahh MsJen

You crack me up!! I have tears from reading your post!! Congratulations for your number of posts!!

Well, i'm afraid that i can't tell you where Freeman is.... possibly still polishing his shoes But in the words of Explorer "I can't complain" (I hope she didn't copyright that!)

I did have a wonderful time in Alex I've just been a little busy this week. I believe that Laura is away also, but i'm sure she will be back to post soon

Stay nutty MsJen

now thank god for that ... i actually just figured out version 3 of what could have happened to all of you ... but now i can discard that ...

good news that laura is away, that is reasonable explanation that her posts have become less (although of course i would prefer if she was here to post - despite her turning me down for the subtitling job!)

now i have to think of version 4 for getting freeman back to the board ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BaBa-Mido:

Msjen,

Sorry for not replying my dear, as i'm busy as heal
but i'll get back soon.

Take care dear

WOT??? i sit here day and night, 24 hours in a row, to cum up with entertaining posts to get you back to the board and you only reply 3(!) LINES???!!?!!!

to put it mildly i am considering staying away from the board (hunger-strike) until you get back

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
monica you'd better come up with something funny, i'm 2 posts ahead of yoouuuuuuu, shooobidoooooo
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
hihihi...check my last reply to the 'Athletic Handsome, Muslim Captain Ashraf'!!!!

In any case, I know you're winning.. I'm flying again soon to meet some sponsors in Marrakesh and Casablanca; but when I get back... WATCH OUT ;-))

Cheers, funny girl!

Monica

quote:
monica you'd better come up with something funny, i'm 2 posts ahead of yoouuuuuuu, shooobidoooooo

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 21 October 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
hihihi...check my last reply to the 'Athletic Handsome, Muslim Captain Ashraf'!!!!

In any case, I know you're winning.. I'm flying again soon to meet some sponsors in Marrakesh and Casablanca; but when I get back... WATCH OUT ;-))

Cheers, funny girl!

Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 21 October 2003).]

Monica

Maybe we should pretent to apply to Captain charming heart throb under another name, hehe, could end up quite amusing ...

don't understand your signature though ??

Anyway it appears that i am getting quite jeallous that you get around so much - is it right that you're based in Egypt? Any vacancies going? I'm quite good at competing ...

well i hope that you have a pleasant trip and that these flights go smoothly for a change, i can just imagine you sitting on the plane and there comes captain charming heart throb and - wot a shame - you don't have the man who is responsible for you on board ...

sorry, my imagination again ...

have a safe trip!
jen

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hey msjen,

A quick reply.

I'm based in Canada, I'm Egyptian, my mom is European, I travel to the Middle East and Europe and around Canada for my work. I'm a Strategic Marketer/Business Development Expert, for an International Sports organization and an international public speaker. I deal with sponsors like Adidas, Joola, Volkwagen etc..etc

My signature for Captain Ashraf, is partly fictitious of course, but he will get the drift of what I mean. ( I am stating my name, plus the fact that I am the daughter of so and so, who is in turn the son of so and so, to comply with his theory).

Cheers to you and take care!

Monica

quote:
Monica

Maybe we should pretent to apply to Captain charming heart throb under another name, hehe, could end up quite amusing ...

Anyway it appears that i am getting quite jeallous that you get around so much - is it right that you're based in Egypt? Any vacancies going? I'm quite good at competing ...

well i hope that you have a pleasant trip and that these flights go smoothly for a change, i can just imagine you sitting on the plane and there comes captain charming heart throb and - wot a shame - you don't have the man who is responsible for you on board ...

have a safe trip!
jen

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 22 October 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
hey
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen....
From Marrakesh... and I think I'm winning the competition...yoopee doo this is so much fun ;-))... changes me from business talk......What's up girl?

Marrakesh is fabulous...exotic, the food a real delicious treat...a lot of Spanish business people in this hotel. Everything is pink shaded, the sand, the stones...and the palm trees are longer than the ones in Egypt...very friendly people...and very touristically oriented...extremely clean city by the way. Chritians, Muslims and Jews blend!! That is soooo interesting!

Will be taking the train back to Casablanca later.
Do write funny girl!

B.regards

Monica
from exotic Marrakesh

Monica

have a safe trip!
jen

[/QUOTE]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
ohhhhhhh noooooooooo

you're 5 posts ahead, i must do something.

actually i have an excuse cause i managed to catch a flu so i'm immobilised at the moment, unfortunately.

would LOVE to be on my way to sunny casablanca, ever seen that movie? we had the first day of snow today, i guess the same as in canada. i think i need to come up with an idea to get myelf to sunny egypt FAST like speedy gonzales now or else i'm going to be ill all winter. so far, however, my brilliant ideas lacked the necessary funds to set up a business and a horrible bunch of friends won't let me go... (yet, hehe, working on that) (although for now i could set up the freeman rescue committee and live of the fees i would collect from ES ... no joke, really hope he's fine)

ok but back to the subject, you're 5 (no, 4 now) posts ahead of me. i think i'll keep you in the illusion of winning for now as my brain is working in slow motion at the moment (HATE flus)

and don't tell me about morocco again or else i will die with jealousy. in fact i'm already very ill from going on that hunger strike because baba mido has STILL not re-appeared, but i shall start working on that in the near future ... he said he's 'busy as heel' whatever that means, probably hunting some chicks in turkey (ooops, CHICKS in TURKEY, just realised what i wrote and made myself laugh ... can't be that ill then)

i think we should come up with a way of determinig the winner of this competition and a prize!!! competitions need PRIZES! maybe a job for your train journey if your laptop gets damaged again? hope trains bring you more luck than flights...? i'll give it a thought myself whilst feeling all sorry for myself...

anyway, enjoy morocco, i'm sure you will!

take care,
jen

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Jen, you are really talented...ever thought of doing stand up comedy??? think about it!

You know, this COMPETITION is turning into a nice long distance friendship thread...I like that.. as far as rules and awards hmmmm...I think that the rules are pretty clear: wonderful exchanges, innovative, creative thoughts, respect and decency, and mostly a sense of humour!!!

The award...well, we gained a nice long distance friendship isn't it the best!????

But for the fun of it keep trying to win, he he he...and I'll try to catch up with the same conditions.

I have a brand new laptop by the way....

About Baba Mido...hmmm he will come back...they always do... he he he...but will you be available??? That my dear is the real question!

About FREEMAN: what went wrong? I bet he got bored or annoyed or upset...he may re- appear and then again he may not, and we'll always remember the Freeman as the nice funny man of the ES board! Oh well!

Ok I have to run and that's my last one today so I guess you'll have time to catch up...

TAKE CARE of your cold: very hot lemonade with honey...best medecine ever....directly from Egyptian mamas!

Running Monica...
In Sunny MOROCCO CO!!!@#$& (oops, I said it again)

quote:
ohhhhhhh noooooooooo

you're 5 posts ahead, i must do something.

actually i have an excuse cause i managed to catch a flu so i'm immobilised at the moment, unfortunately.

would LOVE to be on my way to sunny casablanca, ever seen that movie? we had the first day of snow today, i guess the same as in canada. i think i need to come up with an idea to get myelf to sunny egypt FAST like speedy gonzales now or else i'm going to be ill all winter. so far, however, my brilliant ideas lacked the necessary funds to set up a business and a horrible bunch of friends won't let me go... (yet, hehe, working on that) (although for now i could set up the freeman rescue committee and live of the fees i would collect from ES ... no joke, really hope he's fine)

ok but back to the subject, you're 5 (no, 4 now) posts ahead of me. i think i'll keep you in the illusion of winning for now as my brain is working in slow motion at the moment (HATE flus)

and don't tell me about morocco again or else i will die with jealousy. in fact i'm already very ill from going on that hunger strike because baba mido has STILL not re-appeared, but i shall start working on that in the near future ... he said he's 'busy as heel' whatever that means, probably hunting some chicks in turkey (ooops, CHICKS in TURKEY, just realised what i wrote and made myself laugh ... can't be that ill then)

i think we should come up with a way of determinig the winner of this competition and a prize!!! competitions need PRIZES! maybe a job for your train journey if your laptop gets damaged again? hope trains bring you more luck than flights...? i'll give it a thought myself whilst feeling all sorry for myself...

anyway, enjoy morocco, i'm sure you will!

take care,
jen

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 24 October 2003).]

Tarah
Member # 2793

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Freeman, I miss his funny little posts...
Nobody knows what happened to him? I think that 'maneater'character scared him off.

Monica, I'm glad you got your new laptop since the other one was...ummmm....barfed upon.

Posts: 120 | From: Dallas,TX | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica and MsJen, you two are hilarious..lol..thanks for the laughs

Been too busy with work and now houseguests for the next couple of weeks, so barely get time to read here, moreover post, but am sure I will be back more often after Ramadan.

I would invite you to dinner Monica next time you are in Cairo, but am afraid you will disappear afterwards if I do..(evil grin) hahahaha

And I have been to Morroco and agree with you 100%. Can't wait to go back again and get my hands and feet done with henna in the Central Marketplace in Marrakesh while watching the snake charmers and men with monkeys..lol

Ramadan Kareem to all muslims!

Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hey Laura Laura Laura....
Where have you been and where is Freeman...I hold you responsible for his
disappearance ;-) weren't you the last one to see him ?

Yes Marrakesh is really super, I'm in Casa today - The Royal Mansour is a great hotel here by the way! and I'm going to Rabbat tomorrow.

Tarah, great to hear from you...I'm happy too with my new laptop! how are you doing!?

Jen, he he he, am I winning again!!!? let me tell you, if the business people I'm with only knew that instead of resting, I'm on this message board they would have a great laugh!!!

Ramadan Kareem to you too Laura!

Monica
in Casablanca

quote:
Originally posted by Laura:

Been too busy with work and now houseguests for the next couple of weeks, so barely get time to read here, moreover post, but am sure I will be back more often after Ramadan.

I would invite you to dinner Monica next time you are in Cairo, but am afraid you will disappear afterwards if I do..(evil grin) hahahaha

And I have been to Morroco and agree with you 100%. Can't wait to go back again and get my hands and feet done with henna in the Central Marketplace in Marrakesh while watching the snake charmers and men with monkeys..lol

Laura

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 25 October 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Jen, you are really talented...ever thought of doing stand up comedy??? think about it!

You know, this COMPETITION is turning into a nice long distance friendship thread...I like that.. as far as rules and awards hmmmm...I think that the rules are pretty clear: wonderful exchanges, innovative, creative thoughts, respect and decency, and mostly a sense of humour!!!

The award...well, we gained a nice long distance friendship isn't it the best!????

But for the fun of it keep trying to win, he he he...and I'll try to catch up with the same conditions.

I have a brand new laptop by the way....

About Baba Mido...hmmm he will come back...they always do... he he he...but will you be available??? That my dear is the real question!

About FREEMAN: what went wrong? I bet he got bored or annoyed or upset...he may re- appear and then again he may not, and we'll always remember the Freeman as the nice funny man of the ES board! Oh well!

Ok I have to run and that's my last one today so I guess you'll have time to catch up...

TAKE CARE of your cold: very hot lemonade with honey...best medecine ever....directly from Egyptian mamas!

Running Monica...
In Sunny MOROCCO CO!!!@#$& (oops, I said it again)

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 24 October 2003).]

MY FIRST ON-LINE FRIEND! Yipppieeehhh! Just awoke from my dilirious state (yep, flu's getting worse) and read the good news! Now how's that for an early morning surprise (at 4:45pm in the afternoon)

by the way it's not comedy, unfortunaltely, it's my dilirious state of mind that is making my fingers type these posts, caused by the flu and a combination of the effects of the hunger strike and the phrase 'sunny moroco'.

unfortunately i'm a softie so will probably still respond to mido's posts if he sends them in 10 moons time. but actually,no i won't be able to, as i will be in heaven swinging around with the angels - i will not be on planet earth any more in a few weeks time if i continue with this hunger strike thing.

By the way we don't have lemonade at home so i tried hot lemon with sugar and honey - you should have seen my face cringe.... you would have either laughed or cried ... sticking to sugary mint tea for now.

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 25 October 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tarah:
Nobody knows what happened to him? I think that 'maneater'character scared him off.

Monica, I'm glad you got your new laptop since the other one was...ummmm....barfed upon.

tarah, good to hear from you, but why do you think man eater has scared freeman off?

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:

Laura

house guests? so where are you hiding freeman now?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Jen, you are the best online friend ever!

Hope you're feeling better sooooooooooooooooon....

Jen, check 'loveone' she is in real trouble... Italian business woman living in Canada wants to leave everything and move to Egypt for a very 'bad' reason...she wrote to me privately and the man she is in'love' with is a real CATASTROPHY.

I answered, gave her support and motivated her to drop the loser but hey, your added support will surely help while I'm away...

In a nutshell someone is conning her...
Do your work Jen Jen...on behalf of all women...go girl!

Until the next, sleep well but not for long!!! you are needed.

Monica
on her way to a meeting ;-))
in Casa

. [QUOTE]Originally posted by msjen:
[b]
MY FIRST ON-LINE FRIEND! Yipppieeehhh! Just awoke from my dilirious state (yep, flu's getting worse) and read the good news! Now how's that for an early morning surprise (at 4:45pm in the afternoon)

by the way it's not comedy, unfortunaltely, it's my dilirious state of mind that is making my fingers type these posts, caused by the flu and a combination of the effects of the hunger strike and the phrase 'sunny moroco'.

unfortunately i'm a softie so will probably still respond to mido's posts if he sends them in 10 moons time. but actually,no i won't be able to, as i will be in heaven swinging around with the angels - i will not be on planet earth any more in a few weeks time if i continue with this hunger strike thing.

By the way we don't have lemonade at home so i tried hot lemon with sugar and honey - you should have seen my face cringe.... you would have either laughed or cried ... sticking to sugary mint tea for now.

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Hey Laura Laura Laura....
Where have you been and where is Freeman...I hold you responsible for his
disappearance ;-) weren't you the last one to see him ?

Yes Marrakesh is really super, I'm in Casa today - The Royal Mansour is a great hotel here by the way! and I'm going to Rabbat tomorrow.

Tarah, great to hear from you...I'm happy too with my new laptop! how are you doing!?

Jen, he he he, am I winning again!!!? let me tell you, if the business people I'm with only knew that instead of resting, I'm on this message board they would have a great laugh!!!

Ramadan Kareem to you too Laura!

Monica
in Casablanca

Monica I got the trick now, whereas you are replying to everyone in the same post, I am replying to each post individually, good tactical thinking!

I hope those busines partners are not too boring for you ... are they from moroco or are you just meeting them there? anyway, you got so much to see I'm sure this is an exciting trip. actually is this your first time there or have you been before?

I would be much obliged if you could send a bit of sun and warmth towards the north, I'll be waiting for it.

Cheeeerio
Jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Jen, you are the best online friend ever!

Jen, check 'loveone' she is in real trouble... Italian business woman living in Canada wants to leave everything and come to Egypt for a very 'bad' reason...she wrote to me privately and the man she is in'love' with is a real CATASTROPHY.

I answered, gave her support and motivated her to drop the loser but hey, your added support will surely help while I'm away...

Monica
in Casa

hehe and you don't sleep during the meeting.

anyway, been in touch on a private e-mail address with a different charming lady who is getting herself into BIG trouble with an egyptian guy ... unfortunately he has a wide range of interests, all revolving around other women ... I feel very sorry for these ladys ...

These women know they're in situations that will make them very unhappy in the long-term and they don't want to resolve these situations because that would make them very unhappy in the short-term ... catch 99...

Anyway, enough of that, I need to get thinking about how to get mido and freeman back. and by the way do you know what happened to pito?

thinking jen

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Nothing is boring about my work Jen Jen...these are some potential sponsors...thus, a very important meeting - in 15 minutes!

This is my 3d time in Morroco. Love it! Morrocans really appreciate and love Egypt by the way.
I'm going for real now...
but don't be afraid, I'll be baaaaaaack

Monica, slamming the laptop...gently ;-)

quote:
Monica I got the trick now, whereas you are replying to everyone in the same post, I am replying to each post individually, good tactical thinking!

I hope those busines partners are not too boring for you ... are they from moroco or are you just meeting them there? anyway, you got so much to see I'm sure this is an exciting trip. actually is this your first time there or have you been before?

I would be much obliged if you could send a bit of sun and warmth towards the north, I'll be waiting for it.

Cheeeerio
Jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
???????

i was 6 posts behind, wrote 5 posts, and now i'm 4 posts behind my maths doesn't work anymore ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still waiting for that sun, already got my sunglasses out ...
msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monica:
[B]Jen, you are the best online friend ever!

Jen, check 'loveone' she is in real trouble... Italian business woman living in Canada wants to leave everything and move to Egypt for a very 'bad' reason...she wrote to me privately and the man she is in'love' with is a real CATASTROPHY.

Monica
in Casa

think adoula just did my job on that, just much better than i could have done...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Nothing is boring about my work Jen Jen...these are some potential sponsors...thus, a very important meeting - in 15 minutes!

This is my 3d time in Morroco. Love it! Morrocans really appreciate and love Egypt by the way.
I'm going for real now...
but don't be afraid, I'll be baaaaaaack

Monica, slamming the laptop...gently ;-)

ok need to say good by to you for the day. found a bikini, a straw hat and a comfy chair in the garden. however, there's still no sun in sight so my cold got worse. hope you can send some tomorrow.

sniffling jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND NOW I'M 1 POST AHEAD - I KNEW I WAS GOOD AT MATHS!!!
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Jen, Jen, listen to this, while I was in the lobby waiting for the people to go to the meeting I heard my 'full' name being called... woooow I'm impressed...someone is calling me in Casablanca by my name...and I see an old schoolfriend of mine from Cairo, visiting Casa, same hotel...what a coincidence, can you imagine? Anyway we had a brief but extremely upbeat chat, exchanged emails and telephone numbers and promised to catch up...the world is a village let me tell you...I just thought it was worth sharing with my new online friend!!
okkkeeeey talk to you later!!!
Salam
tired Monica

aaaaand I see you are waiting for some sun so I'm really trying to infuse you with some, through the net...Hope you feel better funny girl...

quote:

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Jen......FREEMAN IS BACK ON BOARD!
Catch you later...
Monica
in Rabat (70 km from Casablanca: This place is really gorgeous)

quote:

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Tarah,
The Freeman is back!!!
Check his latest funny little post!
Later!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Tarah:

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Jen, Jen, listen to this, while I was in the lobby waiting for the people to go to the meeting I heard my 'full' name being called... woooow I'm impressed...someone is calling me in Casablanca by my name...and I see an old schoolfriend of mine from Cairo, visiting Casa, same hotel...what a coincidence, can you imagine? Anyway we had a brief but extremely upbeat chat, exchanged emails and telephone numbers and promised to catch up...the world is a village let me tell you...I just thought it was worth sharing with my new online friend!!
okkkeeeey talk to you later!!!
Salam
tired Monica

aaaaand I see you are waiting for some sun so I'm really trying to infuse you with some, through the net...Hope you feel better funny girl...

now that's brilliant news, does your friend still live in egypt? that the first time you meet an old friend on a business trip? considering how often you travel, surely you meet familiar faces all the time?

when i read the first part of the sentence my initial thought was that you met freeman for some bizarre reason (actually not bizarre, i was going to start a thread to explain to the board where freeman is, and your laptop and moroco was involved ...)

now we still have to think of something for mido. a while ago he was quite keen on dating, maybe we could get another dating thread started for him, this time with some pictures, i'm sure he won't stay away for long after that! good one, do you happen to have any digital pictures of pretty women that you can add to the site? i'd make up a new user name and text and you just need to insert the pictures ...

(although that would be quite sad in a way: me nearly dying from hunger leaves him completely cold but as soon as we get some pictures, he'll be back, i bet $1m.)

by the way i'm much better today. i realise that this waiting for the sun thing is a little unrealistic during the current season, but i do feel warmer after reading your last post ...

jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Jen......FREEMAN IS BACK ON BOARD!
Catch you later...
Monica
in Rabat (70 km from Casablanca: This place is really gorgeous)

That's the good news.
The bad news is that 'just like that' your posts JUMPED(!) from 210 to 217 and i think you are manipulating something.

sad jen in the rain and cold

[This message has been edited by msjen (edited 26 October 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Jen,

Baba_Mido and Freeman are back and you feel better what else can you ask for? In addition, I even made a book choice for you on my book thread - and added a new title to confuse you a LITTLE more...;-)

Seriously, I hope you're enjoying your recovered health!

I'm leaving Rabat in a couple of hours, so I'll chat with you again on wednesday...I hope nothing weird happens on my flight back home. In anycase, I'm prepared, I have my little umbrella in case someone starts to make 'sick' noises, and I did not abuse of any canned juice in Morocco...so i guess I'm kind of safe this time around...

BUT again...

You never know, a bizarre turn of events and something totally unexpected could happen to this Egyptian/Italian online friend of yours!!! Wish me a 'normal' flight pleaaaase!
Salam, Ciao ciao

Monica (En garde for anything!)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by msjen:
[b] That's the good news.
The bad news is that 'just like that' your posts JUMPED(!) from 210 to 217 and i think you are manipulating something.

sad jen in the rain and cold

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 27 October 2003).]

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
[B]Jen,

Baba_Mido and Freeman are back and you feel better what else can you ask for? In addition, I even made a book choice for you on my book thread - and added a new title to confuse you a LITTLE more...;-)

I'm leaving Rabat in a couple of hours, so I'll chat with you again on wednesday...I hope nothing weird happens on my flight back home. In anycase, I'm prepared, I have my little umbrella in case someone starts to make 'sick' noises, and I did not abuse of any canned juice in Morocco...so i guess I'm kind of safe this time around...

BUT again...

You never know, a bizarre turn of events and something totally unexpected could happen to this Egyptian/Italian online friend of yours!!! Wish me a 'normal' flight pleaaaase!
Salam, Ciao ciao

monica i wish you a pleasant and normal flight! and take good care that you don't meet the alikes of captain charming or so...

and many thanks for the book choice, i shall order it somewhere shortly

cant write much now as i just spilt water over my keyboard and need to wait until it dries... (this #is #what# a #sejntejnce# looks #like# ifb #i# dojnt# edit# it# with# the# mouse...)

silly jen

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hope your computer feels better!!! he he he From Canada, Good Morning my friend!

I'll be back later...the flight was normal except for one thing ;-)...you'll laugh!!!

Going to sleep now, for a few hours!

Salam
Monica (jet lagging)

quote:
[B]Jen,

BUT again...

Salam, Ciao ciao

monica i wish you a pleasant and normal flight! and take good care that you don't meet the alikes of captain charming or so...

and many thanks for the book choice, i shall order it somewhere shortly

cant write much now as i just spilt water over my keyboard and need to wait until it dries... (this #is #what# a #sejntejnce# looks #like# ifb #i# dojnt# edit# it# with# the# mouse...)

silly jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
Hope your computer feels better!!! he he he From Canada, Good Morning my friend!

I'll be back later...the flight was normal except for one thing ;-)...you'll laugh!!!

Going to sleep now, for a few hours!

Salam
Monica (jet lagging)

so your back home! no need for me to be jeallous then anymore then because canada is just as cold as here! (any snow)

glad to hear that you had a safe trip, can't wait to hear the story ... let me guess .. YOU DID meet captain charming, and now he's queuing outside your door along with all the other men in canada to speak to your guardian ... hihi

my keyboard landed in the bin, i had to get an adapter today so that i could use another keyboard we had kept somewhere in the cellar (aparently this pc is so old that they don't make keyboards with the type of plug required for this machine anymore ... time for me to save up for a snazzy laptop i think ...)

silly me really thought that the keyboard will work again when it dries ... my brother laughed his head off when i told him (i think i can still hear him laughing, 60 kilometres away ...)

awaiting your story
technical-disaster jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
by the way i had a thought, this thread is still titled 'competition' ... i wonder how many people start reading this and then get annoyed that there is no price waiting for them ...

do you think the'll mind? ...

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
I could'nt sleep at all, the phone kept ringing and I kept getting all these marriage proposals ;-)) ...go figure!

About this competition:

Whoever is reading this thread should know it's about: Egypt lovers ( people who love Egypt that is) exchanging various subjects, some silly thoughts, funny incidents, and mostly, a FIRST EVER online friendship, without a hidden agenda ( @#$&*!!)... besides from contributing to this forum as much as they can, with the goodness of their heart...and some sense of humour... and maybe winning this competition.....in 2004.....hehehe

The award:

Whoever wins this competition... will have the right to give the board an elegantly written piece on Egypt, History, Economy, Culture etc... !!!! what about that?

Canada is cold today, but I have a really gorgeous panoramic view in front of my eyes.... The leaves have this array of warm earth colours; a Photographer's dream come true!!!

quote:
by the way i had a thought, this thread is still titled 'competition' ... i wonder how many people start reading this and then get annoyed that there is no price waiting for them ...

do you think the'll mind? ...

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 28 October 2003).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
The story was short....but strange!

A 20 years old was sitting near me and I noticed that she was kind of uncomfortable, so.... making sure everything was okay, I asked her: is everything okay? ( how creative of me) and she says in a secretive voice: yes yes but shhh shhhh I'm pregnant and my husband is back in Morocco, but I'm going to have my baby in Canada at my sister's, so that my baby is Canadian.

Okay...so why the hush hush what's the problem? she says: it's because they don't allow a pregnant woman on the plane when she is almost due....

oh my! I thought this is it... I'll have to deliver a baby this time...what is it with flights and me... I'm really not prepared at aaaaaallll....

So ....slowly but surely I kind of stepped out of that particulair chair, and asked the Air Hostess if I could go sit somewhere else, because I really really needed a window seat to take pictures of the sky!!!!!

Well believe it or not I sat in ECONOMY, all alone near a window and took pictures, with no film in my camera!!!!

Fweeeeew! I finally made it home, without a problem!
Later funny girl!

Monica (Egyptian heart, Cold brain)

quote:
so your back home! no need for me to be jeallous then anymore then because canada is just as cold as here! (any snow)

glad to hear that you had a safe trip, can't wait to hear the story ... let me guess .. YOU DID meet captain charming, and now he's queuing outside your door along with all the other men in canada to speak to your guardian ... hihi

my keyboard landed in the bin, i had to get an adapter today so that i could use another keyboard we had kept somewhere in the cellar (aparently this pc is so old that they don't make keyboards with the type of plug required for this machine anymore ... time for me to save up for a snazzy laptop i think ...)

silly me really thought that the keyboard will work again when it dries ... my brother laughed his head off when i told him (i think i can still hear him laughing, 60 kilometres away ...)

awaiting your story
technical-disaster jen

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
I could'nt sleep at all, the phone kept ringing and I kept getting all these marriage proposals ;-)) ...go figure!

About this competition:

Whoever is reading this thread should know it's about: Egypt lovers ( people who love Egypt that is) exchanging various subjects, some silly thoughts, funny incidents, and mostly, a FIRST EVER online friendship, without a hidden agenda ( @#$&*!!)... besides from contributing to this forum as much as they can, with the goodness of their heart...and some sense of humour... and maybe winning this competition.....in 2004.....hehehe

The award:

Whoever wins this competition... will have the right to give the board an elegantly written piece on Egypt, History, Economy, Culture etc... !!!! what about that?

Canada is cold today, but I have a really gorgeous panoramic view in front of my eyes.... The leaves have this array of warm earth colours; a Photographer's dream come true!!!

nicely said, couldn't have done it any better myself ...

seems you have the same view as i have from my home ... but don't want to go into detail as this is a 'love egypt' site, not a 'love the rest of the world too' site ...

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
quote:
The story was short....but strange!

A 20 years old was sitting near me and I noticed that she was kind of uncomfortable, so.... making sure everything was okay, I asked her: is everything okay? ( how creative of me) and she says in a secretive voice: yes yes but shhh shhhh I'm pregnant and my husband is back in Morocco, but I'm going to have my baby in Canada at my sister's, so that my baby is Canadian.

Okay...so why the hush hush what's the problem? she says: it's because they don't allow a pregnant woman on the plane when she is almost due....

oh my! I thought this is it... I'll have to deliver a baby this time...what is it with flights and me... I'm really not prepared at aaaaaallll....

So ....slowly but surely I kind of stepped out of that particulair chair, and asked the Air Hostess if I could go sit somewhere else, because I really really needed a window seat to take pictures of the sky!!!!!

Well believe it or not I sat in ECONOMY, all alone near a window and took pictures, with no film in my camera!!!!

Fweeeeew! I finally made it home, without a problem!
Later funny girl!

Monica

now that would have been funny ... 'AUNTIE MONICA'!

but the kid would have been lucky, i think there is a tradition that if a baby is born ona flight it gets free flights with that carrier for the rest of his/her life ...

and this would explain why they don't allow women on board that are about to deliver. ..

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Hahahahaha!

Jen, seriously, we have to set a date for this competition to be over ...when is your birthday???

quote:

now that would have been funny ... 'AUNTIE MONICA'!

but the kid would have been lucky, i think there is a tradition that if a baby is born ona flight it gets free flights with that carrier for the rest of his/her life ...

and this would explain why they don't allow women on board that are about to deliver. ..

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hahahahaha!

Jen, seriously, we have to set a date for this competition to be over ...when is your birthday???

oh no, you not enjoying this?

anyway if we wait until my birthday we've still got plenty of time (April 15)!

is yours any earlier? we can use that then if you want

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Of course I am enjoying this!!! I just wanted it to be a real structured competition.

So we know there is a reward for the winner, but there should be a date for that reward right? Your birthday is a fine date.

But if you have other suggestions, I am flexible my friend!

About Egypt, a friend of mine brought several arabic movies from Egypt, last night, and we watched and watched and watched....

Extremely romantic, coloured and black and white Egyptian movies, set up in the 60's and early 70's. It was great! You could see the difference in 'traffic' compared to these days by the way. Also, there was one particular movie, filmed intirely in Alexandria and specifically around King Farouk's Palace: Al Montazah, it means the gardens, where they now built my favourite hotel (Palestine/Helnan, it did not exist at that time. It was Egypt revisited.

Even if I go there quite often I really love these movies.

There is a saying that goes:
You can get out of Egypt, but you can't take Egypt out of you!

Are you totally and completely recovered? Did you notice that Freeman only talked to you! ??? lucky lucky he he he...

Have a super day!

And in case you want to learn more about Egypt here is a classy website:
http://www.sis.gov.eg/

Monica

quote:

oh no, you not enjoying this?

anyway if we wait until my birthday we've still got plenty of time (April 15)!

is yours any earlier? we can use that then if you want

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 29 October 2003).]

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com