EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Woke up to great news this morning!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Woke up to great news this morning!!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girls are gonna become US citizens!! Finally they will own passports which will allow them to travel anywhere. YEAHHHHH!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

(WASHINGTON) -- The House has passed by voice vote the Help Haiti Act, which makes up to 1,400 Haitian orphans displaced by the earthquake earlier this year permanent U.S. residents. The bill will now go to President Obama’s desk for his signature.

http://www.670kboi.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=113&itemid=29604439

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I did not think it's going to happen until Jan 2012 when the children would have been entitled to US citizenship anyway. The bill was up on the agenda several times and voting on it was always postponed.

Right now my kids have no citizenships, no passports. It's like they don't belong to anywhere. But this shall end very soon. Sophia will be very happy to hear that when she wakes up.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabruk! Don't they get German citizenship too?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can they get citizenship to a country they don't live in? Shouldn't they be getting German citizenship since that's where they live?

I would understand if both parents adopting were American citizens and happened to be living abroad but that is not the case.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations if just one parent is an american then they child can get a us citiizenship. if born to her they would automatically be us citizens.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
How can they get citizenship to a country they don't live in? Shouldn't they be getting German citizenship since that's where they live?

I would understand if both parents adopting were American citizens and happened to be living abroad but that is not the case.

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
Congratulations if just one parent is an american then they child can get a us citiizenship. if born to her they would automatically be us citizens.

Actually it doesn't make them citizens:

Dec 2, 2010
NEWS

House Passes Help Haiti Act for Displaced Haitian Orphans

Photo Courtesy - Getty Images(WASHINGTON) -- The House has passed by voice vote the Help Haiti Act, which makes up to 1,400 Haitian orphans displaced by the earthquake earlier this year permanent U.S. residents

Loved one is right. If an adopted child of an American parent is abroad they are to apply for residency visa of their adopted parent in the nation they reside in.

Haitian children under this bill will get permanent residency in America if they reside in America only.

There was a bill several years ago that allowed adoptive parents of children from nations like Haiti get paid social security to raise these children much like how foster parents get a check for raising children in foster care. Adopting children from Haiti is a great way of making a few extra hundred dollars a month, if you reside in the USA. Plenty of military families have done it.

I'd like to know the actual # of the bill so I can look up the actual language of the bill.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Military Personnel
The United States Government considers U.S. government employees, including U.S. military personnel, on assignment abroad to be “habitually resident” in the United States for the purpose of completing an intercountry adoption in accordance with U.S. law and regulation.

If a U.S. military service member or civilian employee adopts an American child in the United States while on assignment overseas, the adoption will be considered by the United States Government to be a domestic adoption, not an intercountry adoption. If a U.S. military service member or civilian employee wishes to adopt a child in a foreign country in which he/she is stationed, the adoption will be considered an intercountry adoption under U.S. law.

http://adoption.state.gov/about/who/livingabroad.html

Local Adoption Requirements for U.S. Citizens Abroad

Adoption Notice

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Office of Children’s Issues

April 2010

The Department of State wishes to notify U.S. citizens living abroad in another Hague Adoption Convention country who plan to adopt a child residing in the United States or a third country, that the country where the adoptive parents live may require them to follow local adoption laws and procedures as the receiving country in a Convention adoption, in order for the child to enter that country legally.

Prospective adoptive parents should therefore consult the Central Authority of the receiving country prior to initiating an adoption. Contact information for Central Authorities can be found in the Country Information section of this website. Prospective adoptive parents may also contact the Office of Children’s Issues to seek assistance in accessing information from the receiving country to understand the applicable adoption and immigration requirements.

http://www.adoption.state.gov/news/local_requirements_for_AmcitsAbroad.html

Since Tigerweed's husband is no longer in the military the first excerpt doesn't apply to her situation.

The second excerpt does, in that case Tigerweed and her husband would have to follow the adoption laws of Germany and the hyperlink in the first post would not apply to Tigerweed's adoption at all.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why was this posted in the Living in Egypt section and I think I have to agree with Loved one and sono sorry, but they do both make sense.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Notice how ES's original spammer Maadi overstock keeps on bumping threads up to take this thread off the top?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Mabruk! Don't they get German citizenship too?

Far complicated. The lady didn't make me much hope already on the phone and when I received the application I realized that it's not in the German interest to grant these children German citizenship.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:

This just shows how much you know about this issue.... you are completely non-informed and come around sort of insensitive.

Have you bothered ever to look up even one website concerning Americans and international adoption before you commented on my happy thread????

It has nothing to do with current residence. There are plenty of Americans working and living overseas and they are adopting internationally. And no not one of these children which come from China, Ethiopia, Korea etc. are at all entitled to receive German citizenship.

First of all - my husband IS American. We adopted through the American system, meaning we had to file USCIS paperwork for international adoption. We had to produce a dossier and a licensed social worker wrote our homestudy. Since we are a great family, have a good income and are in good health, don't have any criminal record we mastered successfully this part of the process.

Now once our adoption dossier made it to Haiti this was a complete different story. After 20 long months and accepting the cildren referrals the adoptions still were not approved by the Haitian authorities when the earthquake struck this past January. Otherwise we could have infact waited easily for another 12 or 18 months
to be united with our children. You think Egypt is bad??? Think again, Haiti is 100 times worse.

Our agency went against all odds and time to get the children out. Our case worker went herself to destroyed Port au Prince, forwarded all the paperwork of our children (which luckily wasn't lost) to the US Embassy once Homeland Security allowed Humanitarian Parole for Haitian orphans in the adoption process.

Our children were brought to Miami 2.5 weeks after the earthquake as 'refugees under Humanitarian Parole' and the happy we were for them to be finally safe our drama really just started. Since the adoptions of our children weren't finalized Germany didn't allow them into country.

Also our little one had huge problems. She was 14 pounds at the age of 28 months old, yes skin and bones. We don't think she would have survived another six months in this orphanage. She was very very sick, was hospitalized in Miami. Thankfully she's doing so much better now but she still suffers from symptoms which are caused by living in an overcroweded orphanage where children were neglected, starving and not stimulated. It will take her some time to catch up to her peers but we are hopeful. My husband and I are the only people she knows and who love and care about her. And I want to make sure that she realizes that. We won't abandon her, won't go anywhere. The same applies to our older adoptive daughter.

But now back to the adoption process: My husband went in between February and May of this year THREE TIMES to Miami. In the meantime our children were cared for at a children's home and we had to pay fees for 24/7 care for them out of our own pockets. We received guardianship of the girls - but that didn't satisfy German officials - and finally at his last visit we were able to adopt them in family court (we were one of the first families to do that). But even then it did not mean that these children were automatically eligible for US citizenship and passport.

Under a SOFA agreement (Status of Forces Agreement - look it up) between the USA and Germany we made the impossible possible. Our kids joined us three days later over here after the adoptions were finalized back in the US. Our girls officially united with our family and became sisters. I have to thank my husband so so much. He dealt with all the lawyers, USCIS officials at both the US Embassy here and back in Washington DC, ORR (Office of Refugee Resettlement), German ministry staff etc. etc.

LovedOne, I am positive that I answered all your questions pretty satisfying. And I am also hopeful that you are happy for us and that two orphans found a forever family. Honestly a simply 'congratulations' would have done it.

Girls, I could write a book about international adoption now incl. the bonding process. Maybe I will one day.

If anyone needs some info about adoption please feel free to contact me.

Here is a pic of the two lucky girls - taken last weekend in the snow - which are about to become US citizens thanks to the US administration. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zg7nsx.jpg

Ah two more because they are really awesome children:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2a62ubk.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/28tfb82.jpg

Btw, I don't think we are done with adopting. MARK MY WORDS.... [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Now there is no reason to reply to Sonomod 's moronic posts. They are making no sense as usual anyway. But her stupidity amazes me each time again. [Big Grin]

Also it must terribly sting her that I have six beautiful children living with me in my home and she couldn't even bother to look after her one and only bio child. That child was nothing but a burden to her, what a terrible thought. Poor little Maria must have gone trough a very traumatic time being left with her grandparents in a foreign country.

Well Sonomod, some women are meant to be mothers and some should not even bother to have children.

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
Why was this posted in the Living in Egypt section and I think I have to agree with Loved one and sono sorry, but they do both make sense.

A Brit who thinks she knows about international adoption done by Americans. Yayyy.... we really have some smart ass people on here, don't we??? Your ignorance shows. I should rename this thread into "Shark Attacks 2". [Big Grin]

Please marydot avoid my threads (you can't stand any single of them anyway), stick to your Koran and keep on screaming at me the word KAFIR!!!!!! as much as you want. But don't kill me - my children need me. [Cool]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your girls are beautiful TL...good luck to you always [Smile]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, I never said I wasn't happy for you deary, I only had some questions about how they were getting American citizenship since you are living in Germany.

I know your husband is American, but not much else since I'm not keeping tabs on your life. How would I know what process you went through?? Why would I know the procedures for international adoption? I have no idea where you plan to live or anything else. That's why I asked my questions. [Razz]

I am surely happy for any child who gets adopted into a loving family, as I was adopted myself, and I can certainly understand some of the issues that adopted children go through, even with a loving family.

God willing your children will heal and be healthy and blessed.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Tigerlily:
I realized that it's not in the German interest to grant these children German citizenship.

Too many foreigners I guess, let alone all those East Germans that've flocked into Germany ever since the wall has fallen..enuf's enough !! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlilly I just asked why you posted this in living in Egypt section ? And if I agree with people on here in your thread,if you don't like it, then you know where to stick it!!.And why you need to bring religion into a reply is beyond me!!!
I don't care what you post or where you post it.
You seem a bit paranoid to me but thats your problem.
Enough said I think.

--------------------

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Oh by the way Tigerlilly shall I give you 5 gold stars, or do you need the Dummies guide to ES?

You have ruined your own thread, by once again bringing in comments that were said in another thread.

No body needs to hear this or indeed are bothered by what was said in a previous thread I am sure everyone has read that.Only you seem to bring this up.

You seem immature at times Tigerlilly but anyway keep everyone updated.

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeeez will yall stop pissing and moaning ffs!

Girls look great and happy TL and a lot better than some of the older pics Alhamdulillah.

I raise my hat to anyone taking on the responsibility of another's children and taking them from misery to happiness and a loving family and the problems that naturally entails.

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haitians were'nt designed to withstand blizzards and snow..mere child abuse. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I raise my hat to anyone taking on the responsibility of another's children and taking them from misery to happiness and a loving family and the problems that naturally entails.

Totally agree with you Ayisha. It takes a special kind of person who will take on the responsibility of adopting a child. I think it's great what she has done. There are so many people in this world who are incabable or choose not to care of their own children so taking on a child that is not your own that you didn't have to do is amazing thing IMO
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Tigerlilly I just asked why you posted this in living in Egypt section ? And if I agree with people on here in your thread,if you don't like it, then you know where to stick it!!.And why you need to bring religion into a reply is beyond me!!!
Enough said I think.

quote:
Oh by the way Tigerlilly shall I give you 5 gold stars, or do you need the Dummies guide to ES?

You have ruined your own thread, by once again bringing in comments that were said in another thread.

No body needs to hear this or indeed are bothered by what was said in a previous thread I am sure everyone has read that.Only you seem to bring this up.

Stay of my threads and keep your stinky comments to yourself, you poor excuse of a human being. Don't bother about me and my life. Worry about your own crappy existence!!!!!!!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
Haitians were'nt designed to withstand blizzards and snow..mere child abuse. [Roll Eyes]

Says the honorable Egyptian who doesn't do anything when neigbors beating up their wives on a daily basis. [Roll Eyes]

Spousal abuse is NOT acceptable, Dzosser, perhaps in your culture - not in mine.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Thanks Ayisha & DubaiGirl for your kind responses. My husband and I felt it was the right thing to do - as we have big hearts - so we did it.

Now I am aware that not everyone is in the position to adopt but giving a little here or there, donating or voluntary help can have a big impact on someone else's life. It doesn't have to be an orphan in a foreign country, it could be that someone less fortunate is just around your corner.

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Enough said I think.

quote:

Stay of my threads and keep your stinky comments to yourself, you poor excuse of a human being. Don't bother about me and my life. Worry about your own crappy existence!!!!!!!

Seems like you dont cope well with the negative comments about you on ES that well.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

This just shows how much you know about this issue.... you are completely non-informed and come around sort of insensitive.

Have you bothered ever to look up even one website concerning Americans and international adoption before you commented on my happy thread????

It has nothing to do with current residence. There are plenty of Americans working and living overseas and they are adopting internationally. And no not one of these children which come from China, Ethiopia, Korea etc. are at all entitled to receive German citizenship.

First of all - my husband IS American. We adopted through the American system, meaning we had to file USCIS paperwork for international adoption. We had to produce a dossier and a licensed social worker wrote our homestudy. Since we are a great family, have a good income and are in good health, don't have any criminal record we mastered successfully this part of the process.

Now once our adoption dossier made it to Haiti this was a complete different story. After 20 long months and accepting the cildren referrals the adoptions still were not approved by the Haitian authorities when the earthquake struck this past January. Otherwise we could have infact waited easily for another 12 or 18 months
to be united with our children. You think Egypt is bad??? Think again, Haiti is 100 times worse.

Our agency went against all odds and time to get the children out. Our case worker went herself to destroyed Port au Prince, forwarded all the paperwork of our children (which luckily wasn't lost) to the US Embassy once Homeland Security allowed Humanitarian Parole for Haitian orphans in the adoption process.

Our children were brought to Miami 2.5 weeks after the earthquake as 'refugees under Humanitarian Parole' and the happy we were for them to be finally safe our drama really just started. Since the adoptions of our children weren't finalized Germany didn't allow them into country.

Also our little one had huge problems. She was 14 pounds at the age of 28 months old, yes skin and bones. We don't think she would have survived another six months in this orphanage. She was very very sick, was hospitalized in Miami. Thankfully she's doing so much better now but she still suffers from symptoms which are caused by living in an overcroweded orphanage where children were neglected, starving and not stimulated. It will take her some time to catch up to her peers but we are hopeful. My husband and I are the only people she knows and who love and care about her. And I want to make sure that she realizes that. We won't abandon her, won't go anywhere. The same applies to our older adoptive daughter.

But now back to the adoption process: My husband went in between February and May of this year THREE TIMES to Miami. In the meantime our children were cared for at a children's home and we had to pay fees for 24/7 care for them out of our own pockets. We received guardianship of the girls - but that didn't satisfy German officials - and finally at his last visit we were able to adopt them in family court (we were one of the first families to do that). But even then it did not mean that these children were automatically eligible for US citizenship and passport.

Under a SOFA agreement (Status of Forces Agreement - look it up) between the USA and Germany we made the impossible possible. Our kids joined us three days later over here after the adoptions were finalized back in the US. Our girls officially united with our family and became sisters. I have to thank my husband so so much. He dealt with all the lawyers, USCIS officials at both the US Embassy here and back in Washington DC, ORR (Office of Refugee Resettlement), German ministry staff etc. etc.

LovedOne, I am positive that I answered all your questions pretty satisfying. And I am also hopeful that you are happy for us and that two orphans found a forever family. Honestly a simply 'congratulations' would have done it.

Girls, I could write a book about international adoption now incl. the bonding process. Maybe I will one day.

If anyone needs some info about adoption please feel free to contact me.

Here is a pic of the two lucky girls - taken last weekend in the snow - which are about to become US citizens thanks to the US administration. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

http://i52.tinypic.com/2zg7nsx.jpg

Ah two more because they are really awesome children:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2a62ubk.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/28tfb82.jpg

Btw, I don't think we are done with adopting. MARK MY WORDS.... [Big Grin]

Military Personnel
The United States Government considers U.S. government employees, including U.S. military personnel, on assignment abroad to be “habitually resident” in the United States for the purpose of completing an intercountry adoption in accordance with U.S. law and regulation.

If a U.S. military service member or civilian employee adopts an American child in the United States while on assignment overseas, the adoption will be considered by the United States Government to be a domestic adoption, not an intercountry adoption. If a U.S. military service member or civilian employee wishes to adopt a child in a foreign country in which he/she is stationed, the adoption will be considered an intercountry adoption under U.S. law.

http://adoption.state.gov/about/who/livingabroad.html

Local Adoption Requirements for U.S. Citizens Abroad

Adoption Notice

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Office of Children’s Issues

April 2010

The Department of State wishes to notify U.S. citizens living abroad in another Hague Adoption Convention country who plan to adopt a child residing in the United States or a third country, that the country where the adoptive parents live may require them to follow local adoption laws and procedures as the receiving country in a Convention adoption, in order for the child to enter that country legally.

Prospective adoptive parents should therefore consult the Central Authority of the receiving country prior to initiating an adoption. Contact information for Central Authorities can be found in the Country Information section of this website. Prospective adoptive parents may also contact the Office of Children’s Issues to seek assistance in accessing information from the receiving country to understand the applicable adoption and immigration requirements.

http://www.adoption.state.gov/news/local_requirements_for_AmcitsAbroad.html

None of what you had posted has anything to do with current State Department policy that I posted for you previously.

SOFA doesn't apply to retired military personal.

You should have lied about the date in which your hubby retired, until after the adoption to make this illusion look possible.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Just because your family did a good deed and is collecting government funds for your efforts to raise these kids doesn't mean all your current lies and previous lies are going to be ignored.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are the children also going to be German citizens? Do you and your husband have a sort of 'most wished' nationality for this children? After all it is rather unusual : An American father, a German mother and Haitian children...
Mabrouk!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
[qb] Here is a pic of the two lucky girls - taken last weekend in the snow - which are about to become US citizens thanks to the US administration. YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! [qb]

Again for the third time this won't make Haitian Adoptees actual US citizens:

(WASHINGTON) -- The House has passed by voice vote the Help Haiti Act, which makes up to 1,400 Haitian orphans displaced by the earthquake earlier this year permanent U.S. residents. The bill will now go to President Obama’s desk for his signature.

Despite the fact that the US president hasn't signed it into law yet, it was only passed by the house of representatives.

Tigerweed's celebration is hasty and driven by misunderstanding.

It would make them permanent US residents if they were living in the USA. But they aren't according to you.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
H.R. 5283 would require that the Secretary of Homeland Security adjust the status of a Haitian alien if they:

(1) Apply for such adjustment;

(2) Are physically present in the United States on the date the application for such adjustment is filed; and

(3) Are admissible to the United States as an immigrant.

The bill states that when an alien is granted the status of having been lawfully admitted for permanent residence under this section, the Secretary of State shall not be required to reduce the number of immigrant visas authorized to be issued under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

The bill also states that an alien is be deemed to satisfy the requirements applicable to adopted children under section 101(b)(1) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(b)(1)) if, before the date on which the alien attains 18 years of age—

(1) The alien obtains adjustment of status under this section; and

(2) A United States citizen adopts the alien, regardless of whether the adoption occurs before, on, or after the date of the decision granting adjustment of status under this section.

The bill prohibits immigration benefits for birth parents of any adopted child affected by the bill. Specifically, no birth parent of an alien who obtains adjustment of status under this section shall thereafter, by virtue of such parentage, be accorded any right, privilege, or status under this section or the Immigration and Nationality Act.

http://www.gop.gov/bill/111/2/hr5283

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
You Reside Overseas.
The orphan was paroled into the United States and released to your physical custody by Health and Human Services (HHS) Or Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
You did not complete a full and final adoption in Haiti, for immigration purposes. You did not complete an Immigrant Visa. (Click on "start here" below to begin.)

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=8fe80034a16b8210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f8f42777302b8210VgnVCM100000082ca 60aRCRD

You, the U.S. citizen adoptive parent, complete the adoption proceeding with the official adoption authority of the country in which you reside.

* You may adopt the child in the country of residence, where allowed under the law of that country
* The child must be adopted before the child's 16th birthday (or before the 18th birthday if the child is being adopted by the same adoptive parent of a natural sibling who qualifies/qualified as an orphan or adopted child while under the age of 16)
* You must have legal custody of the child for 2 full years which will include any formal custody granted before the actual adoption (Health and Human Services (HHS) sponsorship is not legal custody)
* The child must reside with you for 2 full years (which will include time residing together before the actual adoption)
* The child must not be inadmissible as an immigrant

Note: In order to obtain immediate relative status and/or apply for citizenship for the child, you, the petitioning parent, must be a U.S. citizen. The child may be eligible to immigrate as the adopted child of a Permanent Resident, but must wait until a visa number is available.

You have 3 options. After you have 2 years of legal custody and joint residence, and you have adopted the child, you may pursue options one or two. If you have completed an adoption in Haiti you may also pursue option 3.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c5695f56ff55d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=c88fd1eb6dc43210VgnVCM100000082ca 60aRCRD

Somehow tigerweed hasn't brought up these paperwork barriers/processes. What tigerweed has described is purely a US resident perspective.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Get over it, Sonomod , you are wrong as usual. My initial thread said crystal clear

"The bill will now go to President Obama’s desk for his signature."

Everyone except you read and understand that - as usual. It's just a matter of weeks and my kids will have a nice little ceremony at our nearby US consulate.

But according to you I live in Camp Lejeune within the US. Now you claim I live abroad???

Make your mind up, YOU STUPID COW. [Razz] [Razz]

Does [child's name removed] knows what you are doing online in all these years? Perhaps not now - but she will one day.

[ 03. January 2011, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Shanta Qadeama ]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Get over it, Sonomod , you are wrong as usual. My initial thread said crystal clear

"The bill will now go to President Obama’s desk for his signature."

Everyone except you read and understand that - as usual.

According to you I live in Camp Lejeune within the US. Now you claim I live abroad???

Make your mind up, YOU STUPID COW. [Razz] [Razz]

These were your intial comments:

My girls are gonna become US citizens!! Finally they will own passports which will allow them to travel anywhere. YEAHHHHH!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Just because they will get permenant residency status if they are living in the USA, doesn't mean they will get passports and be able to get a visa anywhere. Until they turn 18 and their status is adjusted to be allowed to file a N-400 they will have to apply for travel visas as Haitian nationals, unless they get residency in Germany. Thats if you actually did live in Germany.

Along with all the actual legal language showing that your experience with adopting Haitian children mirror a US resident experience not an US citizen living overseas.

Your husband retired he is not given any SOFA help, nor does SOFA apply to adoption anyhow.

Leave my child out of this. You are the one who went into the "Living in Egypt" section and posted this lie. A lie of which you hadn't quite figured out how to look even close to plausible.

I am sorry that you have so little motivation to invest the energy into shaping a worthwhile lie.

Besides why in the hell would your children get a "celebration" at the US consulate anyhow?

Adoptees of children of oversea/expat Americans get residency of the nation they reside in and a conditional status to wait for a visa number in order to get an immigration visa. If the American family moves immediately they can apply for temporary status but must wait for an actual visa for immigration for the adoptive child.

Its not a simple process so I understand why you chose not to do your research before creating this lie. And its a lie on top of a large pile of lies in a very deep hole.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:

Leave my child out of this.

Guess what - I am gonna drag your and her name now everywhere so when she's old enough and uses a computer she's gonna see what kind of person you are.

She deserves to know the truth about you, Amy Lynn Johnson .

You did not have any problems to post Lanie's personal information - which you searched and found online - on this forum. If wasn't your right to do this. To top it of you created all kind of false accusations about her and you still do up to this day.

And you do the same to other posters you don't agree with.

Believe me you better stop being such a pathetic online bully and shapen up. I have to endure your vile and humiliating nature for almost SEVEN years now. You spit on everyone you crosses paths with.

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Leave my child out of this.

Guess what - I am gonna drag your and her name now everywhere so when she's old enough and uses a computer she's gonna see what kind of person you are.

She deserves to know the truth about you, Amy Lynn Johnson .

You did not have any problems to post Lanie's personal information - which you searched and found online - on this forum. If wasn't your right to do this. To top it of you created all kind of false accusations about her and you still do up to this day.

And you do the same to other posters you don't agree with.

Believe me you better stop being such a pathetic online bully and shapen up. I have to endure your vile and humiliating nature for almost SEVEN years now. You spit on everyone you crosses paths with.

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!

What harm could I do Lanie if her entire Egypt life, Egypt husband is a complete lie?

How could I harm anything in Lanie's life by providing proof that her three year online parade was all in her head.

I looked for that information to know for sure that she was lying. Lanie claimed she was going to "get to know sono's inlaws" in order to teach my child English in person.

Lanie wanted to get close to my kid and show my child what a good American mother is like. But in reality Lanie put up one child for adoption and lost custody of her three sons to her ex-husband because of her repeative internments at a mental hospital.

yet you continue to root for lanie's fraudulent life in Egypt. As long as Lanie's delusions of life in Egypt are accepted by ESers, your delusions of three years in Egypt along with your delusions of being stationed in Germany with your military husband and continueing to live in Germany.

Its not that you are protecting Lanie's privacy, you are protecting your online fantasy because many ESers in private messages and on facebook were convinced. Now that Lanie is outed as a fraud you are as well.

Now about this:

Besides why in the hell would your children get a "celebration" at the US consulate anyhow?

Why would these adopted children get a "celebration" at the US consulate because they would be allowed permenant residency if they lived in the USA?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Believe that Lanie is still so so much closer to your daughter than you will ever be.

But of course you won't, in your sick and delusional mind it's just another of Anastasia's lies.

Now crawl into your bed cause it's already after 3 a.m..... [Roll Eyes]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Believe Lanie is still so so much closer to your daughter than you will ever be.

But of course you won't believe me, in your sick and delusional mind it's just another of Anastasia's lies.

Now crawl into your bed cause it's already after 3 a.m..... [Roll Eyes]

Lanie has a criminal record, she isn't allowed a US passport. Lanie isn't even allowed to see her own children, by family court ruling.

Anatasia you normally churn out lies and stick with ESers who churn out lies.

I am up at 3am because my body stated it isn't done with the toilet and I have already called in sick. I should have called in today.

Again why would your adopted children get a 'celebration' at the US consulate?

Didn't you know US naturalization services are only held on USA soil, and that no celebration is held for permanent residency applications been approved. You just don't have a grasp of reality.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
bloody hell sono, this is like the 'cant buy otc drugs in Egypt' fiasco. Face it, you dumped your kid in a 3rd world country and TL has taken 2 orphans and is giving them a better life. Lanie is in Egypt so unless she was in someones luggage she got a passport fine and is happy IN Egypt closer to your daughter than you will ever be. Now either everyone is a liar or you are WRONG as you normally are. YOU are the one with no grasp of reality.

--------------------

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
bloody hell sono, this is like the 'cant buy otc drugs in Egypt' fiasco. Face it, you dumped your kid in a 3rd world country and TL has taken 2 orphans and is giving them a better life. Lanie is in Egypt so unless she was in someones luggage she got a passport fine and is happy IN Egypt closer to your daughter than you will ever be. Now either everyone is a liar or you are WRONG as you normally are. YOU are the one with no grasp of reality.

Naturally you'd be in the corner of every ES fraud. [Roll Eyes]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Naturally you'd be in the corner of every ES fraud. [Roll Eyes]
Wrong sono, I am in the corner of those you lie against that I KNOW to be lies as I KNOW the truth. Your truth is false as it always is and you DO make up fantasies for others to make yourself feel better. We ALL know this.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
How do you explain tigerweed's story against actual US state Department policy on international adoptions?

Seriously instead of attacking me, prove tigerweed's story with actual facts.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
How do you explain tigerweed's story against actual US state Department policy on international adoptions?

Like the actual 'facts' you posted about pharmacies in Egypt and what they sell OTC, which reality proved you wrong. Like the 'facts' about the wedding ring finger you posted which again reality proved you wrong. I am British and told you that ws wrong, so did countless other Brits, you still think we are all lying. I and countless others told you that in Egypt you can buy anything OTC without a prescription, we live here so we know this, you still assumed we were lying.

Your 'facts' are not facts, TL and what si happening with her kids IS FACT, you will have to face it one day.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Like the actual 'facts' you posted about pharmacies in Egypt and what they sell OTC, which reality proved you wrong. Like the 'facts' about the wedding ring finger you posted which again reality proved you wrong. I am British and told you that ws wrong, so did countless other Brits, you still think we are all lying. I and countless others told you that in Egypt you can buy anything OTC without a prescription, we live here so we know this, you still assumed we were lying.

Your 'facts' are not facts, TL and what si happening with her kids IS FACT, you will have to face it one day.

I am positive her husband adopted the kids, but if she had that would require the adoptions being purely handled by the German authorities.

An alien resident spouse, or a non-US citizen spouse cannot adopt a child overseas with their US citizen spouse. The non-US citizen would have to have permanent residency in the USA in order to be on the US adoption papers and it cannot be done in both nations.

Anatasia cannot adopt these children via US state department or US immigration unless she is a permenant resident. If she lives in Germany like she claims she isn't an adoptive parent legally. [Roll Eyes]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am positive her husband adopted the kids, but if she had that would require the adoptions being purely handled by the German authorities.

An alien resident spouse, or a non-US citizen spouse cannot adopt a child overseas with their US citizen spouse. The non-US citizen would have to have permanent residency in the USA in order to be on the US adoption papers and it cannot be done in both nations.

Anatasia cannot adopt these children via US state department or US immigration unless she is a permenant resident. If she lives in Germany like she claims she isn't an adoptive parent legally. [Roll Eyes]

[Roll Eyes] if you say so sono, but the FACT is the kids ARE legally adopted and ARE living in Germany. Like it or lump it.
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW... I worked and tried to find TL's answer between all this. All this, again.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:

Newsflash: Anastasia did adopt both children in US courts and guess what? I didn't even have to be present 'cause my husband had my POA.

Really you have no clue about adoptions done overseas by Americans (and non-American spouses). You spit out so many untrue things that it's laughable.

Check out adoption programs online, many times it says "one spouse has to be US citizen".

I strongly advise you to google for better info but then again you as a native English speaker lack completely comprehension of words so it doesn't matter anyway.

Gosh lots of rain here today in Camp Lejeune...

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Newsflash: Anastasia did adopt both children in US courts and guess what? I didn't even have to be present 'cause my husband had my POA.

Really you have no clue about adoptions done overseas by Americans (and non-American spouses). You spit out so many untrue things that it's laughable.

Check out adoption programs online, many times it says "one spouse has to be US citizen".

I strongly advise you to google for better info but then again you as a native English speaker lack completely comprehension of words so it doesn't matter anyway.

Gosh lots of rain here today in Camp Lejeune...

A foreign national without permanent residency living abroad cannot adopt via the US courts.

You really need to look at the hyperlinks I posted in regards to the US State Department and USIC. Your version of events don't match current US policy.

If you did live in Germany your US citizen hubby would be allowed to adopt via US courts, but you would not have access to US adoption privileges.

Its simple, you should have thought this lie of living in Germany through before posting this stuff in an erratic and spastic manner.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And in waltzes the forum's resident conspiracy theorist. You'd argue with your own shadow.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
By the way Tigerweed where is that thread in which you announced your child had won placement in a spelling bee at ramstein?

The thread is gone. I know I have the thread saved somewhere, but I'd like to find it here.

Can't even google "ramstein" with ES obviously its been blocked on the data tables of search engine results.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A foreign national without permanent residency living abroad cannot adopt via the US courts.

You really need to look at the hyperlinks I posted in regards to the US State Department and USIC. Your version of events don't match current US policy.

If you did live in Germany your US citizen hubby would be allowed to adopt via US courts, but you would not have access to US adoption privileges.

Its simple, you should have thought this lie of living in Germany through before posting this stuff in an erratic and spastic manner.

I love the internet. Did any of us think just a decade ago a nut half way across the world would be claiming to know our identity, intimate details of our lives, and demand of us that WE prove OUR lives to be true to HER?

Technology, I heart you.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com