EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriage of US Citizens to Egyptians as of April 10, 2007 (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Marriage of US Citizens to Egyptians as of April 10, 2007
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting, a few of us were discussing this issue as well.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, nothing new then eh?
[Big Grin]

[Razz]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is well worth checking it out. I had found this some days ago but did not know what to do with what I found. I still do not think immigration would leave a loop hole but I do want to check. If this works then wonerful.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Almaz:
Ok here is more:

According to my legal source the American Citizen needs to get an affidavit from an International lawyer who would have done his or her background check, insuring in writing, the authenticity of the documents presented by the American citizen.

"In the past, the U.S. Embassy allowed American citizens to swear such an affidavit of eligibility to marry before a U.S. consular officer. The Embassy discontinued this practice several years ago, however, because local officials were interpreting these documents as meaning that the Embassy had actually verified the content of the citizens’ statements, when in fact the consular officer was merely attesting to the fact that the individual in question had made the statement." Source: U.S. Embassy

That is all I could get on the subject.
Sorry if i confused anyone, i was sharing every word my legal source was giving me.

If this is the case then why is Egypt the only country having this problem. Meaning, this affidavit is the same one that is issued by ALL U.S. Embassies around the world. All other countries accept this affidavit why is Egypt the only country not accepting it? There has to be something more to the reason why the Egpytian Ministry of Justice is not accepting the affidavit from the U.S. Embassy and more importantly why the U.S. Embassy is no longer issuing it.

Why doesn't the U.S. Embassy issue the affidavit and say that this is what our government's position on approving or denying marriages for U.S. Citizens?

When one wants to travel for Umrah from Egypt it is required by the Egyptian and Saudi Arabian Governments that the The U.S. Embassy issues a affidavit stating that the American Citizen has permission to travel to Saudi Arabia. The U.S. Government gives the American Citizen a letter stating that the U.S. Government does not a hands out a letter Number 1805: "The possession of a United States passport by the individual named therein is evidence of that person's citizenship and of the fact that the U.S. Government has no objection to the travel of that Citizen outside the United States. Neither the Embassy nor any other office of the U.S. Government will provide additional documenttaion or statements to private American Citizens stating that is has no objection to travel"....It continues stating " The Embassy of the United States of American imposes no requirements on private travelers of other countries to provide diplomatic notes or other statements from their embassies to accompany their visa applications". This letter is dated December 10, 1997.

It is telling the Eyptian and any other government that the U.S. Government does not restrict it's citizens from traveling unlike potentially what other governments do to their citizens.

Just like the U.S. Government does not approve or object to it's citizens marriages. Why not issue a similar letter like Number 1805 and then put the responsibility into the hands of the Egyptian Government? Right now they are taking full responsibility of not providing the assitance to it's citizens by NOT issuing the affidavit or ANY type of affidavit. So it is not the Egyptian Government denying "CIVIL" marriages to U.S. Citizens. The Egyptian government is saying "Hey we can't marry you because your government isn't issuing the affidavit that will satisfy our requirement for getting married in civil marriage according to Egyptian law."

The U.S. Government could still issue the affidavit based on the laws of within U.S.A. and then let the Egyptian government either accept it or reject. Basically putting the ball into the court of Egypt squarely.

The question is why arent they?

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the problem has been from the start of this that the Egyptian government is REJECTING the paper that has been given by the US Consulate . . . so the consul stopped giving it.

So the answer to the question above is "NO, there is nothing new".

Around and around and around you go . . . get a K-1 PLEASE!!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoever said that they couldn't file for a K1 if they got married in Egypt (outside of the MOJ) - if the marriage isn't recognized in the US, then why shouldn't you be able to get a K1?
Or as others have stated, you can get married in Egypt and try to get a spousal travel visa for your husband to travel to the US.
Maybe while in the US you could get legally married!

Just some thoughts.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopefloats Always
Member # 4693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopefloats Always     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can file for k1 if you get married in Egypt.
But listen better if you ejoy your time, see if you love the man.
Take every moment in with this man while you can.
Return home file for K1 just like cbrbddd said above.

--------------------
Brenda

Posts: 73 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopefloats Always
Member # 4693

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopefloats Always     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me I justreturned from there few weeks ago.
Now I am home filing K1 with advice of many precious people here that are true.

--------------------
Brenda

Posts: 73 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Member # 4693

Rate Member Icon 1 posted July 28, 2007 07:15 AM Profile for brissitta Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote You can file for k1 if you get married in Egypt.

you cannot file a k1 visa if you get married in egypt they will consider it fraud in the usa. the k1 is a fiancee visa not a spousal visa. the k1 is a visa to bring your fiancee here to the states to get married here . trust me i did it. and had to withdrawl it because after i filed the k1 i went back and got married then returned home and filed ai130 . so i had to cancel my ki

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
A K1 is not for anyone that has married. If you are officially married then you file a K3. Immigration officials will red flag and deny a K1 if you have any form of marriage (to your fiance.. and you need divorce papers to prove previous marriages have ended) before you apply.

Even if you call your fiance husband/wife and it is in the chat records or your email, you will be denied. It indicates to the adjudicators that you have entered into a marriage at some point.

There are web sites that detail what the different visa's do and the requirements. If you are not sure you need to contact an attorney or spend time in research. All the information is available on the internet and can be found with just a little research.

Thank you sands for stating the problem. I have been asking the same questions. I was there and so I know what was being said and what I was told to do.

Not everyone can file a K1. It is great if you can but for others it is not the Visa of choice.

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said for anyone to get "married" in Egypt (but not in MOJ) and file for K-1. K-1 is a fiancee visa. If someone was married at the MOJ then they would file for K-3 (which you can't do now). I agree that it is fraught with problems if you get married and file for a K-1. . particulary if they figure it out at the time of the interview (or possibly before). although I have heard of ppl doing that, but I think they mostly get orfi . . .I would not advise it . . . but, hey, I am not a lawyer who knows everything!

Good Luck!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopefloats Always
Member # 4693

Rate Member
Sorry If I offended anyone guess it didnt come out right what I wanted to say.
You are correct do not marry file for K1
SORRY

--------------------
Brenda

Almaz
Member # 13525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the women that want to marry an Egyptian man in Egypt ask your future husbands to call

Egypt Ministry of Justice
27922263/5 or 7 or 9
email
mojeb@idsc.gov.eg
Tell your `man to try many times the lines are busy very often
Tell your man to ask:
If ok to have a sworn statement from an American lawyer in the US authenticated instead of the one that used to be authenticated by the US embassy in Cairo
GOOD LUCK

Posts: 215 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:
When one wants to travel for Umrah from Egypt it is required by the Egyptian and Saudi Arabian Governments that the The U.S. Embassy issues a affidavit stating that the American Citizen has permission to travel to Saudi Arabia. The U.S. Government gives the American Citizen a letter stating that the U.S. Government does not a hands out a letter Number 1805: "The possession of a United States passport by the individual named therein is evidence of that person's citizenship and of the fact that the U.S. Government has no objection to the travel of that Citizen outside the United States. Neither the Embassy nor any other office of the U.S. Government will provide additional documenttaion or statements to private American Citizens stating that is has no objection to travel"[/QB]

I'm not sure why you are finding this so difficult to grasp, because it's written very clearly, and you even site it in your own example. The US govt has NO LEGAL RIGHT to give a US citizen PERMISSION to travel. While the Saudis request this, what the US embassy gives them is a letter that says US govt HAS NO OBJECTION to travel. BIG difference.

In the same way, the US embassy has always given a no OBJECTION letter but it cannot give a PERMISSION letter as far as whether you are free to marry or not. It's not within its legal right.

In the past, the Egyptian govt has accepted the "no objection" letter. Now, it's not. Now it's saying the embassy has to given them a PERMISSION letter and the US embassy is saying it can't legally word it that way, as it's got no authority to give or deny individual citizens the right to marry others. Hence why my thought is that this is more an immigration issue than anything else.

Hope that makes sense now.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:
When one wants to travel for Umrah from Egypt it is required by the Egyptian and Saudi Arabian Governments that the The U.S. Embassy issues a affidavit stating that the American Citizen has permission to travel to Saudi Arabia. The U.S. Government gives the American Citizen a letter stating that the U.S. Government does not a hands out a letter Number 1805: "The possession of a United States passport by the individual named therein is evidence of that person's citizenship and of the fact that the U.S. Government has no objection to the travel of that Citizen outside the United States. Neither the Embassy nor any other office of the U.S. Government will provide additional documenttaion or statements to private American Citizens stating that is has no objection to travel"

I'm not sure why you are finding this so difficult to grasp, because it's written very clearly, and you even site it in your own example. The US govt has NO LEGAL RIGHT to give a US citizen PERMISSION to travel. While the Saudis request this, what the US embassy gives them is a letter that says US govt HAS NO OBJECTION to travel. BIG difference.

In the same way, the US embassy has always given a no OBJECTION letter but it cannot give a PERMISSION letter as far as whether you are free to marry or not. It's not within its legal right.

In the past, the Egyptian govt has accepted the "no objection" letter. Now, it's not. Now it's saying the embassy has to given them a PERMISSION letter and the US embassy is saying it can't legally word it that way, as it's got no authority to give or deny individual citizens the right to marry others. Hence why my thought is that this is more an immigration issue than anything else.

Hope that makes sense now. [/QB]

No is does not make sense and I'll try to tell you why. There are many Americans who are not interested in marrying Egyptians or even other nationalities. There are Americans who want marry a fellow American for example and they still can't do a civil marriage in Egypt. Why because the U.S. Government is not issuing the affidavit and the Egyptian Government is not performing marriages involving AMERICANS. Two American Christians can't get a civil marriage perfomed in Egypt! Now tell me what does that have to do with Immigrations?

In my understanding and opinion...NOTHING!

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why are you trying to make the exception the norm? this isn't a problem for two US citizens. they simply spend $400 on airfare and have the ceremony the next country over.

the ONLY problem this is for is US citizens who are marrying Egyptian citizens, but who do NOT wish to reside in Egypt and wish to apply for visas for their Egyptian spouses immediately after marriage.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question (asking for a friend)....

Say you got married in 2006 (orfi) then it was registered at a court in Egypt so it's legal in Egypt but not in the US. Can you now take this to the MOJ to get authenticated (since the marriage took place prior to April 2007)? Also, if you have a registered orfi, can you file for a K1? I doubt either of things are possible but I want to get other opinions before saying for sure. Also, how can you tell if an orfi was actually registered at a court or not?

TIA for any responses.

ETA...for Mok-mok...the marriage cert does not and cannot be translated (for marriage to foreigners) at the MOJ. We tried to get ours translated there and they told us they only do translations for Egyptians married to Egyptians. We went to a place called el Oba to get a paper that we took to the MOFA to have stamped then we got our papers translated at a translation office, then took it back to el Oba to have authenticated. Alternatively, I believe you can have it translated in the US and notarized.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The civil marriage certificate has stamps on it from the ministry of justice(local court) once it has been registered. You can not take that to the Ministry of Justice in Cairo and change its status, it remains a civil marriage registered with an Egyptian court.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Akshar!

Just what I figured.

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
The civil marriage certificate has stamps on it from the ministry of justice(local court) once it has been registered. You can not take that to the Ministry of Justice in Cairo and change its status, it remains a civil marriage registered with an Egyptian court.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
why are you trying to make the exception the norm? this isn't a problem for two US citizens. they simply spend $400 on airfare and have the ceremony the next country over.

the ONLY problem this is for is US citizens who are marrying Egyptian citizens, but who do NOT wish to reside in Egypt and wish to apply for visas for their Egyptian spouses immediately after marriage.

Once again this is not totally correct. There is no legal recognized marriage (world-wide) between an Egyptian/American except that it is done at the Egyptian Ministry of Justice. If an Egyptian woman for example marrys an American, in order for her marriage to be legal and have it recorded so that she can change her I.D. and her marital status it (the marriage) MUST performed at the Egyptian Ministry of Justice. No orfi marriage will suffice this issue. If I am wrong then please correct me I am truly open to accepting the facts and legal matters in this regard.

Secondly, why would it be considered the norm or otherwise for the two Americans to hop on a plane and have to go to ANOTHER country to get married when the legally reside in Egypt? The norm is that you simply go and get your civil marriage perform in the country which you reside in?

Like it was commonly pointed out..This affidavit is issued by every other U.S. Embassy in the World..the only exception is the U.S. Embassy in Cairo and all the high power lawyers in the U.S. State Department can't figure out how to word a document which will satisfy the Egyptian Government?

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Here is the U.S. State Department current position on the issue with the affidavit and the U.S. Embassy in Cairo:

You can contact the U.S. Embassy in Cairo at the following email:
consularcairoacs@state.gov

The U.S. Embassy no longer issues Affidavit of Marriage because the Egyptian Govt. will not accept them. They want specific wording stating that the U.S. Government has no problem with the marriage. Legally we have no right to say whether or not an American citizen can marry.

My phone number is 202-647-6179 if you would like to discuss this further.

Regards,
Kim Richter
Emai: RichterKB@state.gov

I suggest all those who are concern call Ms. Richter and voice your opinion (In a nice way..at first)

I have sent her an additional email just moments ago because I would like to have my responses documented for future references. I would suggest you do the same if you are planning on going to your Congress Representative or Higher!

I hope all those concern will take the time to write and express their opinions and not just sit back idlely and wait for others to act on your/our behalf.

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

This issue has been ongoing since at least April 10, 2007. It is now July 29, 2007 more than 3 months to date.

Someone who has been married in the U.S.A other then I, tell me if I cam correct:

1. Arent marriage licenses issued by Government authorities? If so aren't they approving marriages?

2. If this is the case. Then wouldn't an affidavit issued at the local level on up to the U.S. State Deparment solve this problem? Or am I missing something here?

I'm sorry I am just thinking out loud, but would someone tell me what they think about this and if it makes sense.

Thanks!

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact that US does not keep the 'marriages register' for its citizens causes pain in the neck for Americans wanting to marry in more countries than just Egypt. When I married my ex-husband (American) in Poland, we were also required a 'no objection' document that US Embassy did not provide. The resolution was found in hearing that needed to be scheduled in Polish court for my future husband to swear before judge that he was free to marry. That shows there could be a solution if both parties (i.e. governments) are in agreement they want one...

Ps. Maybe someone could suggest that it could be also done in Egypt?

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:
The fact that US does not keep the 'marriages register' for its citizens causes pain in the neck for Americans wanting to marry in more countries than just Egypt. When I married my ex-husband (American) in Poland, we were also required a 'no objection' document that US Embassy did not provide. The resolution was found in hearing that needed to be scheduled in Polish court for my future husband to swear before judge that he was free to marry. That shows there could be a solution if both parties (i.e. governments) are in agreement they want one...

Ps. Maybe someone could suggest that it could be also done in Egypt?

Thank you Kirah for the advice. It was well received on my end and I'm sure now for others as well. I have visited the U.S. Embassy's (Poland) website at: http://poland.usembassy.gov/poland/marriage_poland.html
and you are absolutely correct. It seems that this is not only any Egyptian issue with regards to issuing an No Objection Affidavit. However, as you so kindly stated there is a solution "IF" both parites (governments) want to come to so sort of agreement.

I will contact those whom I am in correspondence with and see if this issue has been brought to the table, because it may be a viable solution.

Thank you for taking the time to share your personal experience and knowledge with us.

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pleasure Sands. [Smile]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sorry for the typo in spelling your name Karah..not intentionally..
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Sorry for the typo in spelling your name Karah..not intentionally..
No problemo: been called worse! [Big Grin]
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

This is what the U.S. State Department send me yesterday. It has been edited to remove my personal contact information all other info is accurate. This was in regrds to Karah's suggestion. To be honest I am hopeful and thankful that Ms. Richter is working on it and in fact replying back to my emails.

Here is what she said:

The GOE wants something specific and this isn't specific. The Dept. of Justice is working on wording but hasn't been able to get the GOE to agree to anything yet.

-------------------------------------------------
Here is what I wrote to Ms. Richter:

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 1:29 PM
To: Richter, Kim B
Subject: Re: American Citizen Services

Good Afternoon,

I kindly ask that you please bear with me and if or when you get tired of my correspondences you can refer me up to someone higher in the chain.

Someone just informed me that there is a similar situation that exist in Poland concerning the Poland government requiring the U.S. Government to issue a No Objection Affidavit.

This information is locate on the U.S. Embassy's website at: http://poland.usembassy.gov/poland/marriage_poland.html

Here is basically what the website says:

Marriage by Americans in Poland can be somewhat complicated. In order for foreigners (not dual citizens) to marry in Poland, Polish authorities require evidence that you are legally free to marry. We can issue you a letter in English and Polish explaining that such evidence from the U.S. federal government is not available. You can use this letter to apply to be released from the requirement of presenting a certification of ability to marry.

To receive such a release, you must petition the Regional Court at the place of residence of the Polish fiancé(e). You will have to obtain court appointment, which can take several weeks. When you have your appointment at court, you can present our letter as the reason you need to be released. The decision will be made the same day and it becomes final after three weeks. Since you cannot be married until one month after you have registered at the marriage office, you should register at the time you begin the process of obtaining the release.

It was suggested that maybe if it has not already been discussed with the Egyptians that this might be a viable solution to the current problem. So I am kindly requesting you to see if this issue has been tabled with the Egyptians and if not maybe it can be a solution. It would be nice to know if the legal department is aware of such a solution as well as the U.S. Embassy in Egypt.

Warmest regards

--------------------

shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
just when I feel I am sitting at the bottom of the red sea something a little positive is posted. thank you so much this is wonderful of you to share with us .. come on ladies and gents send emails and call please put on pressure. I can tell you that when you contact your senators and white house that inquiries are made and that helps resolve issues.
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geeeeeez marring an egyptian man is so much harder then marrring a mexican
hehehehehehe

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
mexican's walk here ... through open doors
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya we have so many illegal mexicans here noone bothers with them so far north of the border lol

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you still trying to find a resolution to the marriage issue in Egypt, you might try having your Egyptian husband-to-be go to either Libya or Sudan and make residency there. It is not that expensive or time consuming compared to trying to go to Cypress or other nearby countries. Once the residency is set up, then you can go to either Libya or Sudan and marry there. Go to the American Embassy in one of those countries to see exactly what is needed from them to be married. IF an affidavit of "free to marry" is needed, there are no issues (as far as I know) with either country to do that. You can them file in Cairo for the residency visa.

Good Luck!

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redsilk46
Member # 13692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redsilk46   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those considering marriage in another country you may want to check this website at the Department of State.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html This is a list of countries Americans are advised to avoid but of course you can go there if still wish. It changes so you have to watch it.

Also I have found the copy of the Field Manual the Adjudicators use that some of you may be interested in taking a look at:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a2e29c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=a2e29c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d 6a1RCRD Just a few thoughts that may help.

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still don't get why people aren't just filing for the K-1 and getting married in the US. Seriously there is nothing glamorous or romantic about getting married at the Ministry of Justice. Is it just that you all really want to be actually married in Egypt?
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:
I still don't get why people aren't just filing for the K-1 and getting married in the US. Seriously there is nothing glamorous or romantic about getting married at the Ministry of Justice. Is it just that you all really want to be actually married in Egypt?

im so with u getttin married here in the states would be the best ur in yr terrortiory it would make more sence and less time consuming apply for the liscens wait 3 days and poof get mmarried!!
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Doodle -
It's more than an issue about wanting to be married in Egypt.
I'm sure for many, there is the issue of wanting to be married after waiting for some time, and of course you can't go around staying anyplace you want together if you aren't married.
I'm sure you remember that neighbor lady who yelled at you and your husband the first time you were in Egypt.
There's many reasons women could want to get married instead of waiting to file for a K-1 and waiting the whole time that it processes.
As I'm sure you also know, for those who are Muslim, there can be no physical intimacies outside of marriage.
[Smile]

doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Doodle -
It's more than an issue about wanting to be married in Egypt.
I'm sure for many, there is the issue of wanting to be married after waiting for some time, and of course you can't go around staying anyplace you want together if you aren't married.
I'm sure you remember that neighbor lady who yelled at you and your husband the first time you were in Egypt.
There's many reasons women could want to get married instead of waiting to file for a K-1 and waiting the whole time that it processes.
As I'm sure you also know, for those who are Muslim, there can be no physical intimacies outside of marriage.
[Smile]

Oh I know about all that but I'm just saying wouldn't it be easier in the long run to tough out the no physical intimacy for a week or so and then filing for the K-1 then to try to jump through hoops to go to another country to get it done? Just trying to look for the easiest route for you all, but do what you feel more comfortable with obviously.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
We are not all sex crazed animals. There are other issues such as financial (jobs), children (schools) and wanting to be together no matter what. Many do not want to discuss issues on a public forum. Another thought, how does a K1 help us live in Egypt?
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Who said anything about sex crazed animals or a k-1 helping you live in Egypt??
[Confused]

Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by doodlebug:

I have to disagree with you. We had a ball,even at the Ministry!

Take your friends with you,offer the Ministry workers choccies..no probs.

Then commence the celebs.

Egypt is so romantic to get married in,there are so many options and great venues for receptions. You will find folk bending over backwards to accommodate your wishes.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Well you see we want to be married, it is about a life together A K1 brings someone to that states only maybe. Right now even the egyptian embassy is complaining that the USA is so tightly profiling that religious leaders can not get a visa to the USA. So K1 is being done but it is not fast or sure. We want to live in Egypt but we want a marriage that the USA will recognize. That is the issue. Period.
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Then for the time being, I'd say you were out of luck.

Best wishes on your wait, who knows how long it will be, or if the two governments will ever come to an agreement.

You can't always get what you want in life.
Sometimes you have to take what is there, and what you can.

If this is what is happening, then this is what is meant to be.
[Smile]

shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
What is meant to be? That is what I am waiting for.
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Well, if you're comfortable waiting for what could possibly be an extended period of time, that's great.

Can you see the possibility though, that what is meant to be is what is happening now, and that it's not going to change?
Maybe you should embrace your current circumstances instead of waiting for something that might not happen?

I don't mean to pick on you or suggest that what you're doing is wrong. Each person knows what is best for them.
I would just hate to see you waiting for something that might not happen.
If Allah wanted you to get married in the MOJ this wouldn't be happening eh?

[Big Grin]

Anyways, best wishes to you!

Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
K1 isn't even an option for us. Non-egy man and egyptain woman. For everything to work out properly and everyone accept us, we have to marry in egypt and apply for K-3 at the embassy. This is what we have accepted, family accepts, and have plans for. But with this silly thing between the govt. that's not possible at the moment.

K1 is not possible because that would mean her traveling outside of the country alone and unmarried, which even IF her family accepted, it would probably be a problem with the gov anyway. [Frown]

Why can't things be simpler?

I hope they get this sorted out soon.

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
There are ways to marry and get it legal etc. Are you willing to do what you have to do to get it done? That is the huge test.
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shahrzaad:
There are ways to marry and get it legal etc. Are you willing to do what you have to do to get it done? That is the huge test.

Are you referring to me?
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
There is legal marriage in Egypt. There is a bit of time involved and as always with Egypt plenty of hands willing to open your purse. I am trying to make arrangements at this time. Best of luck to everyone.
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Assalaamu Alaykum /Hello:

I have some updated information concerning How to get an official Civil Marriage in Egypt InshaAllah.

Today October 4, 2007 my fiancée and I were at the Ministry of Justice in Cairo, Egypt. We were there to get some information on civil marriage in Egypt (actually tihs was our first visit there). Turns out that the U.S. Embassy MAY have been withholding some vital or key information on getting a civil marriage in Egypt. Even though the official stated announcement from them says that Americans can not get married in Egypt because the Egyptian Government is not accepting the U.S. Embassy's No Objection to Marriage affidavit this is true, but there is a way around this issue inshaAllah.

For "SOME" Americans to get married in Egypt the process is simple. Again I say some. This procedure will not work for ALL Americans. For Americans you only need two documents. At least this is what we were told by the Manager in charge of the Ministry of Justice office today! I have one but I need the other document and on Monday I will obtain it InshaaAllah then on Tuesday October 9, 2007 I will go back to the Ministry of Justice Office and get married Inshaa Allah. I will update you on which documents you need and if the procedure works, whatever the outcome will be on Tuesday October 9, 2007 inshaa Allah.

This issue may not work for everyone but it will work for those who are able to satisfy the 2 documents that are requirement according to the Ministry of Justice.

By the way I am American and my "Fiancée" is Egyptian from what I am told this has no barrier on the procedure.

We were so shocked and surprised how cooperative the people were there. We almost didn't believe them when they told us what we needed. My Fiancée said that the this can't be true because we have been getting the run around from the U.S. Embassy for months. Then a man next to him said that the person we were speaking to was the Manager of the Department and he was telling us the TRUTH and EXACTLY what we needed to do to get married.

We just took a chance to come to the Ministry of Justice (actually my "Fiancée's" father told us to go there and check and see if there was something they could do instead and it turns out there was. At first I was totally against the idea because I was sure that the information that the U.S. Embassy and the U.S. State Department was telling me was accurate. Turns out there might be a loophole in the process. The U.S. Embassy is either not telling or they flat out just don't know. I will let you know on Tuesday inshaa Allah.

If you have some questions post them I will try to get them answered for you when we go to ge married on Tuesday.

Stay tuned!

--------------------

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com