EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Marriage of US Citizens to Egyptians as of April 10, 2007 (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Marriage of US Citizens to Egyptians as of April 10, 2007
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shahrzaad:
Marriage in Egypt is possible for anyone. It is performed by an attorney (many are letting their services known via the internet). The cost for many of these are $2000 USA up front. There are witnesses, fingerprints, dowry, photo ID of Passports and ID cards and if appropriate proof of divorce and maybe a birth certificate (my attorney had all of these on record anyway so I am not sure what he used or did not use). You must give power of attorney to the lawyer so that cost a few pounds. The attorney then takes the papers through the court system. At the end of 4-6 months the MOJ declares you the spouse and at that point the US embassy will accept it.

That is what LovedOne said she did too.

$2000 sounds like a lot though!

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a lot of money. But flying to egypt then to cyprus and staying a week and paying the paper work there was much more. You have to evaluate and for some this is just easier. We do not know if the US and MOJ will fix the paper or not but there is always a work around. It is finding it. I would suggest getting references and NOT paying all up front. I know one attorney married the couple and then took them to the embassy for an interview etc. Just be very very careful and be sure you trust the lawyer.

Some of the lawyers live in areas that you may have to travel to so figure in the cost of a car and food.

Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solana123
Member # 14155

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for solana123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations shahrzaad
Posts: 20 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shahrzaad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much now we have the next hurdle to leap... and we are both working to make it happen.
Posts: 156 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, 2k US is waaaay too much money to have paid.
We paid less than half that. And actually we didn't pay it all up front, we will make several payments on it.
I would suggest for anyone else who is interested in this process to check around for a better price than what shaharazad quoted.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
The attorney that quoted this price was on MSN and so we were able to talk to him. My friends boyfriend called several lawyers and they automatically give that price. American's come with a price tag. If you have access to an attorney use that one if you can. BUT be careful because so many want the money but have no experience and you do not want to go 6 months to discover it was not done at all or correctly.
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Wow, 2k US is waaaay too much money to have paid.
We paid less than half that. And actually we didn't pay it all up front, we will make several payments on it.
I would suggest for anyone else who is interested in this process to check around for a better price than what shaharazad quoted.

Why don't you share your source so that others will benefit? This whole issue is about helping one another (at least that's what I think).

If Shaharazad knew about your source I'm sure she would have appreciated getting the paperwork done at a nice price and legal at that.

I'm not saying put your personal business out there but if there are contacts that you know of and they are reliable please list them so that others can benefit from it. Maybe you have but I just didn't see it. Excuse me if you did.

Warmest regards

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The lawyer that we used was a friend of a friend type of thing. He did give us a discount, but even without a discount, it still would have been much less than 2k US.
I think looking around for a reputable lawyer instead of someone advertising for this service is a better way to go.
Just my opinion.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found this in an arabian forum....

This is The Consular Information Sheet by The American Embassy in Cairo

MARRIAGE IN EGYPT : A marriage involving a foreigner must be conducted as a civil ceremony at the local Egyptian marriage court to be considered legally binding in Egypt. Persons wishing a religious ceremony may arrange for one separately, but it is the civil ceremony that establishes the legal marriage. U.S. jurisdictions normally recognize as binding foreign marriages that are legal where they are undertaken.

A foreigner who wishes to marry in Egypt is required by the Egyptian Government to obtain from his or her Embassy a Statement of No Objection. Because there is no national registry of marriages in the United States, the U.S. Embassy cannot provide such a certification. As a result, the Egyptian Government will accept an "Affidavit of Marriage" completed by a citizen and notarized at the Embassy. Americans may execute this affidavit at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo 's American Citizen Services Unit during its public hours (Sunday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon, excluding Egyptian and U.S. public holidays). There is a fee of $30.00 or its Egyptian Pound equivalent for the affidavit, payable in cash only.

In addition, applicants must be able to document the dissolution of any previous marriage with an original copy of an official decree of divorce, authenticated by the Egyptian embassy or consulate whose consular district includes the entity (country, state, or territory, etc.) that issued the decree. Holders of a decree issued by a U.S. State may alternately submit their original to the Secretary of State of the state in which it was issued, and then to the office of the Secretary of State, Department of State, in Washington. A fuller explanation of this authentication process is located at http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth/ and http://travel.state.gov/authentication.html .

The Embassy cautions American citizens regarding marriage to Egyptian citizens whom they meet only briefly or only via the Internet. The Embassy has uncovered numerous cases of fraudulent intent in recent years on the part of Egyptian partners in such relationships. They have been shown to have contracted the marriage, either primarily or solely, for the purposes of obtaining access to an immigrant visa to the U.S. This is especially the case in which the parties have met only on-line. There is a common pattern in which Egyptian men will marry American women, remain in the marriage only long enough to obtain U.S. residency status or citizenship, and then divorce. We urge Americans contemplating marriage to an Egyptian citizen to become familiar with Egyptian family law (known here as personal status laws). Especially for women, their rights as both spouse and parent would be very different in Egypt from those in the U.S., as would the rights of any children resulting from the marriage (See "Children's Issues," below).

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you hetsho very interesting and would be of great help to the girls who want to marry there
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it is not on the Embassy website. I just checked and nothing has changed there

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
By the way.... I did not used an advertised lawyer for my marriage, I used my personal lawyer in Egypt and I am paying as the work progresses through the legal system. I want to make sure it does not stop or get "stuck".
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
But it is not on the Embassy website. I just checked and nothing has changed there

I posted to the Member who sent this in the arabian forum asked him about the source of it and he didnt answer back yet [Confused]
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully soon they get this worked out for all those waiting
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hetsho:
quote:

I posted to the Member who sent this in the arabian forum asked him about the source of it and he didnt answer back yet [Confused]
This information was PREVIOUSLY on the U.S. Embasy's (Cairo, Egypt) website. When the issue arised with regards to the MOJ and U.S. Embassy they removed that page on how to get married and replaced it with the current page about NOT being able to get married.

If/When the issue is resolve the information will return and of course it may change, but that information was also included in a handout that was available by the U.S. Embassy if you had visited the American Citizens Service section and wanted information on Egypt.

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hetsho:
quote:

this use to be on the embassy website for years but they recently took it off... i remember because i was about to email a link to it to one of those...what-do-you-think-about-my-online-boyfriend-proposing-to-me-only-after one-week type of questions.... and realized it was no longer there.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Well, I just got back from 5 wonderful weeks in Egypt! I'm sad to be away from my sweety pie but such is life! I'm thankful for the time that we had together alhamdulillah.

I just wanted to post some news for anyone still dealing with this subject.
Unfortunately, because we heard about this right before I was leaving, I can't verify it, but if it's true then hopefully it can be of help to others.

When we went to Al Azhar to get my official "I'm a muslim" certificate, we met up with some other people, one of whom said that they had been to the MOJ and that they were told there that if they brought the official muslim certificate with them to the MOJ, that the MOJ would marry them. I can't remember what the stated reason was, and why it was different, I'll try to find out and post. I'm sorry we couldn't verify this, as it would definitely have made things easier and been cheaper than going through a lawyer, but like I said, if anyone else can benefit by this information then that would be great!
Of course, if you aren't muslim, this doesn't really work for you.

Good luck and best wishes to anyone dealing with this issue.

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LovedOne:
Well, I just got back from 5 wonderful weeks in Egypt! I'm sad to be away from my sweety pie but such is life! I'm thankful for the time that we had together alhamdulillah.

I just wanted to post some news for anyone still dealing with this subject.
Unfortunately, because we heard about this right before I was leaving, I can't verify it, but if it's true then hopefully it can be of help to others.

When we went to Al Azhar to get my official "I'm a muslim" certificate, we met up with some other people, one of whom said that they had been to the MOJ and that they were told there that if they brought the official muslim certificate with them to the MOJ, that the MOJ would marry them. I can't remember what the stated reason was, and why it was different, I'll try to find out and post. I'm sorry we couldn't verify this, as it would definitely have made things easier and been cheaper than going through a lawyer, but like I said, if anyone else can benefit by this information then that would be great!
Of course, if you aren't muslim, this doesn't really work for you.

Good luck and best wishes to anyone dealing with this issue.

LO, did you get married on the 'Muslim paper' in MOJ?
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

We did not get married in the MOJ. Unfortunately we found out about the workaround on a Thursday afternoon and I was leaving Sunday.

We got married with a ma'azoon and it will be registered in the Egyptian court system so we will have a legal Egyptian civil marriage, which I'm supposing will not be recognized in the U.S.

magnona08
Member # 14674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnona08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has any one made any Progress on this? I have attorney here says still can not be done. but he has an attorney there that says it can. Who do you believe???
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt it. Last I heard they are still not providing the permission to marry.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JessyYaz
Member # 14678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JessyYaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow this is so depressing..I gues maybe when he said he would wait forever to marry me he didnt realize he might be tested on that...

--------------------
When you see the misfortune of your brother, do not rejoice, for Allah may save him and afflict you with the same misfortune.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Wa'silah bin al-Asqa'a

Jessica A.

Posts: 2 | From: MI | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momean
Member # 14636

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for momean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is no way to solve this satuation now at all the egyptian government played adirty game with the american empasay to quit mariage between egyptian and americans so the perfect way for u now is the fiance visa my fiance have aplied one for me and it have been aproved she aplied it in march 2007 and it have been approved in july and have been sent to the american empasay and the american empasay sent me asking me for some medical stuff and some papers to sent it to them and then i sent them and they sent me letter to make apointmenet for my interview and it was in the 24th september 2007and in the last of the interview the consul told me congratulation sir we wil send u your passport with your visa after 2 weeks and here i,m waiting since september they didnt send any thing they just sent some people to my family to ask them if they know about this relanship and still they keeping my passport there my girl contacted the senator last week and we still waiting i emailed the empsay several times and i got the same automatik answer and it was that my case still bulding or they are in the last review lol hey that is all after we tried to get marreid here three times and the egyptians cant get avisa to cyprus at all its the same defecult as usa yes egyptians dont need visa to go to cyprus but they need apermision from an officer from el tahreer office caled zapet el el etesallat and ofcource he wont give it to any one unless if u r passport have several visas incide it so advice from me go ahead in the fiancee visa if there no big deferenet in the age between u and him i,m 27 and my girl are 30 so i think it was aproved cuz the age maybe and u need all all of u who have proplems in mariage and proplems with visa time like this all of the americans to write an email to the minester of afairs and u all sighn it put asignature of all of u becauze i dont know home come that the girl who was painting anails of one girl who is member here brought her mother after only three month from this girl being there and she is only amother of forign girl and u people cant bring your mens and husbands all of u send this email and press on them and complain from this racits action all of this cuz we r egyptians or what lool sorry for my english any way i wish u all the good luck and the best wishes

--------------------
momeannnn bashaa

Posts: 23 | From: egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Momean, I think maybe you are in AP/AR (administrative processing-administrative review) It seems all K issued visa's from Egypt to USA are put thru this. It can last from a few weeks to up to a year. Have your g/f call the embassey and see what the hold up is. I hope you get your visa soon.

--------------------
"And in the end, the love we take will be equal to the love we make."
~The Beatles~

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momean
Member # 14636

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for momean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my gf called the empasay and they told her we dont give any information about any case or any visa throw the phone we give it throw the mails so u must email us and we answer u and all the emails that i sent i was geting the same answer last review or process belding but someone told us to tell my gf to email her senator and the senator might do any thing and we emailed the senator last week and now i emailed the empsay like 7 emails me and my gf and there is no answer lol that is frustrating us [Smile] but oh my god year is so much dam it [Smile] i have waited 4 month now and they was like 4 years [Smile] hopefuly allah solve this so soon and i wish the senator do some thing or i get my passport soon my friend waited two monthes and half and they sent it to him but that was since two years i belive that it geting defecult every new trime but any way thank u so much for your caring and your wishes to me [Smile]

--------------------
momeannnn bashaa

Posts: 23 | From: egypt | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shahrzaad
Member # 13580

Rate Member
My marriage papers are to be finished in court within the next two weeks. Many have asked what happens so I will post at that time to let you know.
magnona08
Member # 14674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnona08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great! Thanks I will go in June and just would like to know how it is working now.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Look like the U.S. Embassy is again issuing the document to get married in Egypt!

http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/acs12.htm

The procedures are even easier and they give more details.

Best wishes for everyone who wants to get married!

Bastet*Loves*Ptah
Member # 13948

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bastet*Loves*Ptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goody now we can all celebrate. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
MEOW

Posts: 412 | From: protectress of Lower Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
less that 3 weeks and my hubby will have his interview. yay , the nvc sent him a packet to tell him what to take and still hasn't got there .they sent it jan 10. does anyone how long it takes to arrive?we are getting worried that he wont receive it in time, any suggestions?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
less that 3 weeks and my hubby will have his interview. yay , the nvc sent him a packet to tell him what to take and still hasn't got there .they sent it jan 10. does anyone how long it takes to arrive?we are getting worried that he wont receive it in time, any suggestions?

My mother sent me some documents on Jan 16, 2008 and they arrived today Jan 24, 2008.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
so i just they must have got lost in the mail. can you please tell me how she sent them fedex,etc etc/
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

She sent them plain old snail mail i.e. regular mail.

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

jazzylatin
Member # 14702

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for jazzylatin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by momean:
my gf called the empasay and they told her we dont give any information about any case or any visa throw the phone we give it throw the mails so u must email us and we answer u and all the emails that i sent i was geting the same answer last review or process belding but someone told us to tell my gf to email her senator and the senator might do any thing and we emailed the senator last week and now i emailed the empsay like 7 emails me and my gf and there is no answer lol that is frustrating us [Smile] but oh my god year is so much dam it [Smile] i have waited 4 month now and they was like 4 years [Smile] hopefuly allah solve this so soon and i wish the senator do some thing or i get my passport soon my friend waited two monthes and half and they sent it to him but that was since two years i belive that it geting defecult every new trime but any way thank u so much for your caring and your wishes to me [Smile]

I applied for my husbnd's K3 in Nov. 1996 his interveiw was in June, 2007. After the interview I called the Embassy, he thought that he was not accepted, and they told me that they just needed his passport and my certified divorce papers. I sent them immediately, they received them 3 days later and he is still under "administrative processing" to this day. Your gf is right when you call or write that is all they tell you. I talked to someone at the Embassy who told me that about 9 months ago they changed the "rules" and do not make inquiry appointments or answer any questions over the phone about a specific case. It has already been over a year we have been waiting for his visa. Really unerving to say the least!
I went to Egypt in January and went to the Embassy and they would not even look up the informatioh. Basically, at their mercy, and have to wait. We are not sure if to write to the our representative at this point, because they take your case out of line and if they decide not to do anything at this point it gets pushed back to the end of the line. Means it could take even longer.
Wishing you the best, I know how you feel. I did not see my husband for a year until this Jan.

Posts: 13 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzylatin
Member # 14702

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jazzylatin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The first time they sent a packet to my husband, it mysteriously did not get to him either. You have to call the Embassy. I ended up having to send him to to pick it up.
Posts: 13 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
my senator took care of it ,the nvc told him all he has to bring is his passport and medical records they have everything else they need.thank god for good senators, and the embassy emailed me and told me the same thing
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:

my husband got his packet from the nvc finally, they sent it jan 10 , and his interview is next wed , wait till the last minute huh?
senators do help . he is wonderful . he called the homeland security for me and made them send him another packet that was jan 31 [Smile]

Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

my husband got his packet from the nvc finally, they sent it jan 10 , and his interview is next wed , wait till the last minute huh?
senators do help . he is wonderful . he called the homeland security for me and made them send him another packet that was jan 31 [Smile]

Wow! When did you make the initial application? I'll be going through the same thing soon.
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sierra
Member # 14808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sierra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the procedure for marriage the same for people from Ireland?
Posts: 25 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
june 7 2006 ford perfect [Frown]
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
june 7 2006 ford perfect [Frown]

Ouch! Thats a long wait [Frown]

Which side was holding things up? The US getting it sent to the embassy in Cairo, or the embassy itself?

Just curious so I know what to expect.

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
really it was both sides, sorry to say [Frown]
SoloEnty
Member # 15919

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoloEnty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I'm curious is there is any new, news? I would like to know if I can file I-130 before I go to Egypt? What do you think?
Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

You can try checking here.
But enter at your own risk.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoloEnty:
quote:

I'm curious is there is any new, news? I would like to know if I can file I-130 before I go to Egypt? What do you think?
You can't file an I130 unless you are married (Petition for Alien Relative . . . go read the uscis website: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c67c7f9ded54d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d 6a1RCRD . . . forget VisaJourney . . . you will fall into another hell hole by going there if you step into the MENA forum . . . but do look at the other forums as there might be some helpful advice.
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

lol, hence the "enter at your own risk".
But there are parts to the site that have useful info, the actual instruction areas for filling out the forms are quite nice and detailed.

SoloEnty
Member # 15919

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoloEnty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you LovedOne, I was curious if there was anything that could be done before hand to speed the process. Sad they would do this to all of us as if we aren't adult. Thank you again.

Thank you cbrbddd, I'll check it out.

I find it sad that they allow illegals in the country and many time ignore it but when someone wants to come here legally with all that is required they make it this difficult. Not only difficult but heart breaking.

Thank you again this thread has been very helpful and interesting indeed. I'm grateful for having found it. Bless you all and much luck your all in my prayers.

Posts: 4 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SoloEnty:
Thank you LovedOne, I was curious if there was anything that could be done before hand to speed the process. Sad they would do this to all of us as if we aren't adult. Thank you again.

Thank you cbrbddd, I'll check it out.

I find it sad that they allow illegals in the country and many time ignore it but when someone wants to come here legally with all that is required they make it this difficult. Not only difficult but heart breaking.

Thank you again this thread has been very helpful and interesting indeed. I'm grateful for having found it. Bless you all and much luck your all in my prayers.

There is really nothing to do beforehand except get married [Wink]

... or you could try for a fiance visa and you both marry in the USA. This takes awhile to get also.

Do whatever is best for you and your fiance, there is no fast process to any type of visa. (fast and govt. dont belong in the same sentence)

SoloEnty
Member # 15919

Rate Member
Aww TY Ford Perfect, I'll keep that in mind. I'm not one to wait but I have no choice. Some times I feel I can't breath and i'm not even there yet.
ES Stinks
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ES Stinks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a long rocky ride to the visa. It's painful like being skinned alive. Sorry, just my experience.

Best wishes for a problem free and quick process.

Posts: 256 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com