EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Showing up in Egypt UN-ANOUNCED... just to see... (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Showing up in Egypt UN-ANOUNCED... just to see...
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know that, too, chav ??? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chav
(click on "Similar stereotypes from outside the UK" at the bottom, lol)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chav&r=f

http://www.chavscum.com/howto.php

and my favorite : http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2005/chav-wedding-p8.php

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.getlippy.com/play/quizzes/chavquiz/

Just for you, Smuckers. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, first exptin, I can't believe anyone would really dress that way to attend a wedding.

my results of the test were this:

Wannabe chav
You are 3 % chav

You clearly know you are not, nor will you ever be anything even closely resembling a bonafide chav but that doesn't stop you from jumping on the bling bandwagon every now and then. There's nothing wrong with a bit of pretending though you'll never be able to hold your own with the true Burberry brigade.

I have been to a rave...gulp. [Frown]
after taking the test I think I now understand...
[Wink] It's a question of tact, right?

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers, you were never going to be a chav! [Big Grin]

It means someone who is obsessed with fashion, designer labels or bling. Such types are meant to be ignorant, shallow and tacky - with no tact. It isn't a term I hear widely used, outside the media.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Scotland they,re called neds
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Wannabe chav
You are 3 % chav

You clearly know you are not, nor will you ever be anything even closely resembling a bonafide chav but that doesn't stop you from jumping on the bling bandwagon every now and then. There's nothing wrong with a bit of pretending though you'll never be able to hold your own with the true Burberry brigade.

I got the same results [Frown]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, what the hell is a posh noodle? or a pot noodle? i dont know how to answer this quiz [Frown]
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just think macarroni &cheese (under a $1 special) when you were in school. now think FANCY mac & cheese, when you're a grown up.

yah.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparkle16
Member # 13047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparkle16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I am confused, the definition of Chav is obsessed with designer fasion, bling etc and that is a chav wedding which means those woman wearing awful clothes are obsessed with fashion, I don't think so.....what world of fashion do they come from? Yikes...
Posts: 206 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
lol, what the hell is a posh noodle? or a pot noodle? i dont know how to answer this quiz [Frown]

LOL I was the same way Hibbah, I just assumed that since I didn't know what it was it can't possibly relate to me. [Big Grin]

As far as what they were wearing at a wedding, like I said before, I think this word correspondes with the TACT of a person. Wearing jeans wouldn't be considered appropriate for a wedding or a formal situation anymore than gold pants and lots of jewelery (lol) would be appropriate for a funeral...but that's what I came away with from the test.
Hey, I learned a new word! My husband will be so pleased it isn't a dirty Egyptian word for once. [Wink] [Big Grin]

caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK i officially hate you all... because now you are forcing me to this...

ok, they do exist... usually chavs are between 12-18, but their more often called 'hoodies' if they're boys and maybe 'chavs' if they're girls, then they will also be sporting a buggy/puschair and one or two toddlers.
By the time they reach 20, they then turn into those you saw at the wedding, and yes, people squeeze into clothes too small for them frequently here in the UK.
It seems that this family have a thing for mid drifts, but hey, i would guess it was essex and the white high heals are now a thing of the past, replaced with fusia coloured outfits and frizzy blonde hair.

ok i'm back to my trailer now to wrap up in my burberry style quilt cover and watch day time tv, before i walk the rotweiler roming the streets eating children outside...did i say walk?! what was i thinking...he will do that himself, sorry got to go, police helicopter above

p.s dont really hatecha xxx

p.p.s i will be sure to take a photo of some chavs for you next time i'm out [Wink]

can we form a 'neo snob' collective?

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:

Hahaha, its exactly what it says on the tin!! Noodles in a pot!

They are dried, and flavoured, you add boiling water, stir and eat! [Big Grin]

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHH "Cup O' Noodles"!
Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

yea cup o noodles, why do they say pot?? Isn't a pot something heavy you cook in?? [Confused]
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or something you smoke... or so I've heard.

And how is something made of styrofoam called a tin?

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats styrofoam? Expanded polystyrene? Like a Macdonalds burger box?

We use the term 'pot' as any kind of tub that you can put stuff in (help)!! I know what I mean by a pot, but struggling to define it in words - now I feel stupid!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pot noodles come in plastic containers. shaped like a jar. yes styrofoam is like burger box
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

I am becoming so educated on this forum [Big Grin]
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmogirl:
Or something you smoke... or so I've heard.

And how is something made of styrofoam called a tin?

I've just understood this comment - In Britian there is a saying of 'it does exactly what it says on the tin', if an item is completely self explanitary. So the plastic container had nothing at all to do with my earlier commemt!
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com