EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » What made you convert to Islam!!? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What made you convert to Islam!!?
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All, i think a lot of people need to hear you experience
why ,how...you took such decision..
what convince you..???
is it impossible????
what you feel now
.M.

Posts: 336 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was an atheist for more than thirty years and then I found a reason to belive and something to believe in.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi luxorlover,ohhh what a change..i always think it's easier to convert from one religion to another ..30 years is looong time
i think you have a strong personality & strong reason
i really want to know it?????

Posts: 336 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I converted after 9-11. A lot of muslims in England were getting a lot of undeserved **** from the public.... A lot of my colleagues were muslims! They were all nice ppl with good families, etc... I was just talking in the tea room one day... I was recommended a book called 'the complete idiots guide to Islam'
As I read this book, I realised a lot of the subjects were relevant to how I thought about things anyway....
I spent a lot of time researching, reading and being online....Then I decided it was the right way for me to live!!
I had no pressure from anybody.... no muslim man was involved.... it was 100% my decision!
I did my Shahada in the Central Mosque in London, and again 3 days later in AlAzhar in Cairo.
Some of my UK friends(non-muslim) thought I'd completely lost the plot... but I'm accepted as a muslim now....
It was the best move I ever made!
BUT.. It concerns me that I'm living in a muslim country, and a lot of the muslims I know screw around, drink alcohol, and never ever pray!
I have lived as a muslim for 3 years now, and will never change!
Alhamdulillah!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God protect you samia...making a decision without interfering is the best way !!!there is a word for an arabic auther "if you build yourself no one could destroy you"
but what is the most thing you read that made you really love Allah&our prophet (peace on him)???even if it is a word
what convice you ???
and what about your own family???

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Bless u .....

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mai, my answer is.... I always believed there was something driving and protecting us, but was never sure who , what, or why!! Typical agnostic, I guess!! I was brought up as a catholic, I rejected Catholicism as soon as I could think for myself, as I couldn't deal with the issue of everyone being a sinner!! Catholicism to me was based on guilt.... repenting as a child,for stuff I knew nothing about!
The first thing I liked about Islam was the fact that everyone has a clean slate, so to speak... the belief that sin is not a consequence of birth,but the result of choices we make! The reason I was happy to surrender to Allah is that he is not a remote entity, but a God that is active... I feel he is with me, whatever path I take.
The only family I have is my daughter in England... she was in Australia at the time I converted.... She was surprised to say the least... but after a long talk, she accepted my decision, and now, she is very happy.. she has realised I haven't grown 2 heads or horns,and she sees me as a happy and contented person, living in a country I love, with a religion I love!
I hope this answers your question.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Mai,

In my teens I was quite religious and took the relevant classes to become a confirmed Christian. I lost my faith completely soon after. Not just a loss of faith in my chosen religion but a loss of faith in God. This lack of faith lasted more than three decades.

For years I pursued the eastern non-theistic philosophies of Buddhism and Toaism. They seemed to fill the gap in my life without expecting me to believe in something that could not be proven.

Then I came to Egypt and I fell into arcane beliefs and became a true pagan. If I was in trouble I would talk to Osiris rather than God and the triumvirates of Isis, Horus and Isis or Amun, Mut and Khonsu had far more relevance to my life than any other deity.

Before I could convert I first had to find God but in the end he found me. I was shopping in the market and buying fish from the pavement. To select fresh fish you need to look at its gills. It is a beautiful and intricate mechanism for removing oxygen from water. No man could have designed that and it could not have been an accident. So, something must have acted as a creator. I had found a reason to believe. Now I needed something to believe in.

I had by then been living as a pagan in an Islamic house for several years and I began to watch and learn. From there I read several translations of the Koran and took instruction. Islam offered me a gentle religion that was based primarily on love and that was what was needed in my life. Without any pressure from anyone I became a Moslem. There is still so much I have to learn and I make constant mistakes but I am getting there. The spirit is willing although the flesh is sometimes weak.

I still have problems with the way that Islam is practiced in Egypt but that is not the fault of Islam and God cannot be blamed for the actions of his children.

One day I will be fully accepting and on that day my soul will be at peace.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear samia,yes it answer a lot of questions inside me and confirm a lot of ideas
Do you know the most sentence i really like is" God is active... I feel he is with me,"
God loves you...to make you feel him...
Also i think you have a wonderful understanding daughter...i hope and i ask god to see her answer here oneday..as who have a strong mum like you will know the right way inshaa 2allah..and i'm glad you give her a good image that made her accept your decision..with no horns
thanks alot for your replay
.M.

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Luxorlover:
you all can't imagine what your words made me feel.you make me feel every day that i choose again and again to be Muslim...
A fish As i said to samia God loves you ...to make you feel that way...it could be just a look with no conclusion...that's Allah the merciful...
i'm with you some muslim practices islam wrongly..but please try to read about our prophet sayedna mohammed(peace of allh on him)he is the qor2an in it;s materialistic form..believe me you will love him .he practice islam in gentle ,simple ,nice..way
follow him he will teach you how to reach your target in simple way...if you are in Egypt try to buy a casset tap for singer named Sami Youssef (mualem)and i'm waiting for yor feedback about it,(if you can't find it tell me and i'll try to help u)
thanks again
.M.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Mai i am in cold dark England at the moment as I have to work for a while and I am far away from the call the prayer. When i get back to Luxor I shall look for your tape.

I love the way the Koran is sung. I never tire of it. It is a comfort on the hard days and a joy on the good ones. My arabic is not good enough to understand all that is said but the essence if there in its feeling.

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Hi luxor lover
i wish you a light warm moment in england,
by th way it's an islamic songs not quran,by english...
any way i could help you in understanding the arabic words in the tape...
thanks
.M.

nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalam Alaykom brothers & sisters.

I was brought up in a very pious Roman Catholic Christian home in America. As you can imagine, my conversion is not an easy thing. However, I think my story is very different.

One day I went to the library and wanted to learn more about the Palestinian conflict in the middle east. After all, I always heard about it on TV but never really knew what it meant. Perhaps it because the day was rainy and I had nothing to do, but there I sat in the library with books opened in front of me, reading, cross referencing, taking notes of the time lines, comparing opinions and looking of maps, settlements, lines drawn left and right. I had no idea what I was getting myself into! I went back the library and back, pulling the same books, reading more. After a couple of months I sat in my chair staring forward with a sickening feeling coming over me. I never knew struggle like this. Again I went back to the library and as I read I wanted to know more about Islam and what these peoples' religion said, if anything, about this situation (as I had read so much in the books).

I read and read and one day I found myself reading the meaning of the Qur'an. A few months later I sat crying as I felt everything I had ever been made to believe was a lie. Well, not everything, but it is a pretty bad feeling to realize you followed the wrong way. Within a year I had taken my Shahada and I have been a muslimah ever since. I have never been happier.

Take care.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
WaAlaykom alsalam wa ra7mat allah nooralhaq
if you are the only thing we gain from the Palestinian conflict ,well we gain a lot
you as samia as luxorlover,really proof to be strong ..Catholic Christian home in America. that;s huge change!!!
well you made an effort to answer questions inside you..and god help you then..also you proof something..that God give people minds to thinks ,to look around..cos answers are there!!!
well i don't get what you meant by struggle spiritual or what??..
But you know if it is that ..you have to know that devil will never make someone far from God or the truth struggle..on contrary..it leave the far person with no problems enjoing life more and more..but when person start to think ..it become afraid to lose one of it's followers..so do any thing to divert his mind again..problems,,disaster..old bad friends...will come from the weakest part in your personality...
but Gods Will is over anything if the person is faithful about his will god will help him
but what about the people around you??family ?friends???
God Love You all
God with you nooralhaq..and all
.M.

Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
I guess I have not heard a real good reason to convert to Islam. Do you know islam commands, profet mohamed life? One thing i found interesting is islam is love!!!

I am not trying to say islam is good or bad, I just want to say, did you have enough knowledge before converting?

Personally I am in the search process, so no asumptions .

PITO

Posts: 157 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Pito I found everything I need to know..... more than enough proof and reasons.... and I'm still finding more reasons every day!!!
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I did. I had weeks of instruction from an islamic scholar before converting - but I must admit that he was selective in what he taught me. I have no regrets about converting to Islam. I have no/few regrets about anything in my life.
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mai, How is a "thinking" mind one that only consentrates on Islamic religious tradition, and focuses on religious/political agendas.

Surely, that is a closed mind. An open or thinking mind is one that is able to project itself beyond the end of its nose.

Saint Charlie.

Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramyshaut
Member # 6097

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ramyshaut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Dear Mai,

In my teens I was quite religious and took the relevant classes to become a confirmed Christian. I lost my faith completely soon after. Not just a loss of faith in my chosen religion but a loss of faith in God. This lack of faith lasted more than three decades.

For years I pursued the eastern non-theistic philosophies of Buddhism and Toaism. They seemed to fill the gap in my life without expecting me to believe in something that could not be proven.

Then I came to Egypt and I fell into arcane beliefs and became a true pagan. If I was in trouble I would talk to Osiris rather than God and the triumvirates of Isis, Horus and Isis or Amun, Mut and Khonsu had far more relevance to my life than any other deity.

Before I could convert I first had to find God but in the end he found me. I was shopping in the market and buying fish from the pavement. To select fresh fish you need to look at its gills. It is a beautiful and intricate mechanism for removing oxygen from water. No man could have designed that and it could not have been an accident. So, something must have acted as a creator. I had found a reason to believe. Now I needed something to believe in.

I had by then been living as a pagan in an Islamic house for several years and I began to watch and learn. From there I read several translations of the Koran and took instruction. Islam offered me a gentle religion that was based primarily on love and that was what was needed in my life. Without any pressure from anyone I became a Moslem. There is still so much I have to learn and I make constant mistakes but I am getting there. The spirit is willing although the flesh is sometimes weak.

I still have problems with the way that Islam is practiced in Egypt but that is not the fault of Islam and God cannot be blamed for the actions of his children.

One day I will be fully accepting and on that day my soul will be at peace.

Beacourse your GIGALO tool you too convert
you always so full of lies married to 2 men'
at the same time you will go to hell LL
ha-ha-ha

Posts: 117 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maaalesh, Mai,
there will be always dirty people appear at ES.
Where do you live in egypt? I live in Maadi!

And ,Ramy, keep your dirty tangue in your mouth! Or do you think you are an ideal going to paradise ?

Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Charlie..
Thanks for your nice words...
when you post a good topic other than that of the attacks on you ..or attack on islam..or my country.or stuff i'm not intrested in ,i promise to talk with you about things other than religion or politics
and i think i asked you befor about what you do after closing your PC...But no replay...so i think that you dont have thing...ooohh Bad Guess!!!
then you are open minded with other things to talk about...ok..say one then
Waiting Charlie
Don't worry Sara ..Who laught at last laught a lot
i live in elrehab city ..i want your mail sara...God with you All
.M.

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Dear pito ..
yes you are right ..you got the center of our religion"Love"
if you read about islam ..about Allah-God-or our prophet Mohammed you will love it ...your life will change ..you will feel peace and happiness in your heart..light in your life..you will see how merciful is Allh..How gentle is our prophet..we are here for any question you want..any idea you think
Just try to know about islam..i;m sure you will find a lot of intresting things&you will be convinsed without interfering..
open your heart and try...just ask pito and we will tell you GOD with you dear
.M.
by the way tamer....no comment

Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tamer??
Posts: 157 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SORRY I MEANT RAMY...sooooooryyyy
i hope you read my replay on you pito i was just writing comment for Ramyshaut
sorry again
waiting for your requests
.M.

Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
Mai,
I would like you to know that i have alot of knowledge about islam, so i have to many questions and concerns about profet life.
1- marring a 6 year old girl
2- marring 11 women + slaves
3- his instructions about killing infedels
4- thing in quran that is taken from poet for imro2 elkays "ektarabat elsa3ah wa inshak el kamar"
5- wrong history in quran that mariam is the daughter of omran at the same time sister of haroon?
6- too many others
So it is not easy as you say....

PITO

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
ok Pito..i know that it is difficult to change your mind and life without a lot of questions..first of all i want to know did you try to read about islam..and from which source??
Second ..i will try hard wuth the help of others to answer these question one after another as we can
1- marring a 6 year old girl=you are talking about our prophet mohamed and our lady aa2esha...ok
a-That marrige was an order from God to his prophet..not personal decision based on human choice.
b-Our lady AAisha stayed at our prophet Mohamed house till she become biologically a women..and no practical marrige happened befor that..(And i think that is not strange nowadays.that a girl with 13-14 years old had a relation with boy..)
c-At that time Arabs used to marry there girls at early age..first as traditional way,second as then the women didn't go to school..work..so it was normal to marry early)and that was something normal that time
d-Allah made our lady aaisha one of the most islam educated...for quraan analisis&prophet 7adith teller women for muslims for a long years after the death of the prophet(as her age was small it was easy to save a lot of our prophet life details in her strong memory )
e-Our Lady aaisha was the most loved wife to the prophet (After his first wife lady 7'adiga) of cource internally as our prophet equate between his wives..and one of the most beautiful scene..
that during our prophet dealth..lady aaisha used to smooth the sewak(wooden stick as toothbrush)to him and put it in his mouth as he loved to meet his god with nice mouth smell ..can't you see here how much she love him..he never hurt her ..as a child or wife..
i hope you got something from number one ..!!
GOD WITH YOU PITO..
.M.

Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
What do you sayabout the following
http://www.alazhr.com/Al-Sonna/Default.asp?Lang=a&ViewNo=&Action=View&Doc=Doc12&n=18602&StartFrom=18335&Total=353
http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?hnum=5253&doc=0

For your knowledge he did physically marry her at 9. Where did god say to him to marry aisha

Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?Doc=0&Rec=506
http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?hnum=2873&doc=0
http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?hnum=4252&doc=4
http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/Display.asp?hnum=451&doc=1

[This message has been edited by Pito (edited 07 January 2005).]

Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
who are talking about love in islam, do you want to translate this
http://feqh.al-islam.com/Display.asp?Mode=0&MaksamID=2244&DocID=11&ParagraphID=2326&Diacratic=0

PITO

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
All religions have their questionable acts. Did Jesus sleep with Mary Magdelan?
Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
I am not christian but I have never heard of such thing.....

PITO

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
RAMYSHIT, what's your problem?? Even if LL converted because of a man, ( and I don't know or care if this was the case!!) if she is a good and sincere muslim, why is it a problem to you??
You are obviously not so good and pious that you can be so offensive to people you know nothing about!!

sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mai, You can talk to me on any subject you like. Glad to hear from you. Luxorlover, Theres no reference in the Bible to Jesus having sex with Mary Magdalene, but there was a marriage feast at Cana and she is presumed to have been the wife. This, however, is a "mystical" marriage, the same as everything else. Its allegorical truth is appreciated by those who have gone past the hylic (in the body stage) of an initiate. Obviously, you got as far as baptism and no further. Charlie
Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Pito....sorry for my late replay..i checked the Site you sent..well in islam there is 2 types of 2a7adith strong trusted(sahiha)and other weak(daiefa)..i read the 2a7adith you send ...All are weak and i 'm sure that you will not found it in any well known islamic book if you are intrested you can read from(RIAD ELSALEhIN)it's trusted book
well pito the islam informations must be from ELQURAAN or Strong 7adith of the prophet any thing else is wrong...
there is also site (www.forislam.com)&i hope other muslim brother send other URL of more GOOD SITES i think mohdanwar always help me in that..and Sin-nn
GOD WITH U PITO&please don't read anything not trusted ..
.M.

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Dear friend luxorlover ..believe me the only religion that have an answer to all question in the universe is our islam..maybe we didn't reached yet the level of answering but answers are there for any thing..there is a words in the Quran says -besm allah- (etako allah yo3alemokom allah)meant if you take allah in your heart and obey him he will teach you to understand)step by step..
i'm so sure of my religion and my god ..
GOD WITH YOU ALL
.M.

sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Hello Mai, Isnt it within an individuals capability to read what they like and then make their own mind up as to whether it is right or wrong? This seems to be a very closed and bigoted attitude of yours, the kind of which would have everything burnt on a bonire if you didnt happen to agree with it. Saint Charlie.
Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello charlie ,yes but i'm not with you in one point...the person must read true points and the things that really describe the truth about religion or whatever ..then think..but wrong informations is not the way to reach a right conclusion!!!!!!
So i'm just saying that is not the right information about islam read the right one than think about it ..Am i right???
.M.

MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mai:
Hello charlie ,yes but i'm not with you in one point...the person must read true points and the things that really describe the truth about religion or whatever ..then think..but wrong informations is not the way to reach a right conclusion!!!!!!
So i'm just saying that is not the right information about islam read the right one than think about it ..Am i right???
.M.

Dear Mai,
The problem that Sokary is one of Jehovah's Witnesses and they have great amount of miss-understood things from Bible (not only that he read the corrputed bible but he they have their own way for explaining things)and as i knew lastly that Jehovah's Witnesses making an effort to make some musliums convert to their religion and they took a courses in how to talk to musliums and how to convince them and that happend with a secret way without telling what they are.

Best Regards to u

Posts: 435 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Samia:
[B]RAMYSHIT, what's your problem?

Salam Samia, It is best to ignore such person. your time is much more valuable to waste on him.

May Allah the one and only be with us.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Hello Everyone, I read many books about history, theology, mythology, and cookbooks.
They are often wrong in many points. Its is up to me to sort out what is best and right for me. I dont want to read something that somebody else tells me is the "right". I want to make my own mind up about things. If I make a mistake, then thats how one learns.

As for being a Jehovahs Witness, well I am not, but I have studied with them. Ive also studied how to play golf but I am not a golfer.

Charlie the Saint.

Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
Mai,
How do you know they are weak hadeeth?
How come you are so sure of such a religion that tells you to kill the infedels. Too many people convert from islam because they find love in christianity, which they did not find in islam. as islam make you fear God, as well that makes you hate infedels. If god is love then christianity is the way to go. If god is to be feared then islam is the way. I am not christian neither a muslem...I am searching for the right path.
PITO

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
dear pito hello again. well the weakness and the rightness of the hadith depend on the way it reached us ..the teller of the hadith +there are some well-known Islamic books that are trusted from religious organizations that it's information are right...beside any 7adith that differ with the quaint is a wrong one !!!
then about the infidels (i think you are talking about the unbelievers in the prophet ear)well pito who told you that the Islam told it's believers to kill or even hurt any unbelievers...we are ordered just to defend ourselves if attacked by unbeliever(in our land...or to protect ourselves. our women..
there is an aya in the quraan read it called (alkaferon)...it's idea is that .to the unbelievers you have your religion and i have mine )
then who told you that Islam is to fear from god ....no dear you didn't get it i fear to make something unpleased my god ...that is a higher level of love ....i fear to be ungrateful for all the good things he gave me....i fear to be bad model for his religion..
For Muslims that is the fear from Allah not fear from punishment only although we believe in his endless power...
we love Allah and our prophet &Allah loves us
GOD WITH U
.M.

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Another thing pito...in islam the person who kill another one with no right (defense)he must be punished by killing him(killing a soul with no right)
.M.

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pito:
Mai,
How do you know they are weak hadeeth?
How come you are so sure of such a religion that tells you to kill the infedels. Too many people convert from islam because they find love in christianity, which they did not find in islam. as islam make you fear God, as well that makes you hate infedels. If god is love then christianity is the way to go. If god is to be feared then islam is the way. I am not christian neither a muslem...I am searching for the right path.
PITO

Am I the only one who can't stomach this here? You really don't have to hide behind that in order to attack Islam, Is your religion so weak to the point you can't speak of it?

I don't mind discussing whatever you want if you become honest! I got no more time for tricks nor guys here will be very interested.

[This message has been edited by Troubles101 (edited 12 January 2005).]

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
First "Troubles" you are a typical ignorant and a person with no brain that is tired of thinking and assume that what he believes can not be debated. so please do not read this any more if you are not interested.

Mai, The reason I said that is in the quran in sorat eltoubah 29. please read it. as it says kill the infedels who has gods book "meaning christian and jews" till they believe in god and follow his orders other wise they have to be killed or pay money "elgeziah". so I will put you a link for this ayah as you can check the explaination as well.
One last thing this ayah does not have a special condition it was when moslems were powerful enough so they were ordered that.
http://quran.al-islam.com/Tafseer/DispTafsser.asp?nType=1&bm=&nSeg=0&l=arb&nSora=9&nAya=29&taf=KATHEER&tashkeel=0

PITO

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pito:
First "Troubles" you are a typical ignorant and a person with no brain that is tired of thinking and assume that what he believes can not be debated. so please do not read this any more if you are not interested.

PITO

I'm not afraid to say what my faith is! can you say the same about yourself ?And what the hell did you mean by finding Christian love?...I'm pulling your legs now

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
Troubles, I should not really adress you, but i am just hoping it was a tounge slip by you. If i have a faith why would i hide it? what would i be afraid of? Christianity commands are different from islam commands. relationship with god is father not almotakaber" I hope you see what i am talking about, just think where is the truth. the goal here is not to defend something, the goal is to find the truth as that is what is best for everybody.

PITO

Pito
Member # 2803

Rate Member
One more thing, Most converts to islam do not speak arabic, if they did, they would not have converted.

PITO

Mai
Member # 6172

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY????
.M.

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brightest of them all Pito wrote:
Most converts to islam do not speak arabic, if they did, they would not have converted.

Those MOSLIMS who speak Arabic make up only 18% of all moslims.

What language the Christos speak dear?

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com