EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Patience

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Patience
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just recently on various threads.. there has been a lot of anger..Mainly because some of us are Muslim some are not..... now this saddens me because as in life if we do not try at least to get along.. then what is the point in ever thinking that there will be peace......No matter what religion we are... we are all taught to be patient.. to have an understanding of each others beliefs... no matter what they are and to respect them... so if my friend has decided that he/she is agnostic,.. and no matter what i tell them and tht nothing will make them change.. then I have to ask myself...~do I love my friend!~ do I want them to be around ~if that answer is yes... then I have to show patience and maybe just maybe by showing them that.. they will see the good and change.. if they do not I shall love not them less... I am muslim the rest of my family are not.. and by that i mean my siblings... but do we fight.. no .. we talk we debate.. and if we cannot agree we agree to disagree and to live and let live..... it is good to debate without cursing each other... some of the language i agree is just too bad.. so I also ask of you all,that not matter what each one of you believes.. can we please show respect... for the Quoran for the Bible.. and anyone who believes in neither one.. to just show human respect...is all I ask and please can we try... also remember that lightheartedness between members is not Haram.. ty
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smiley, i come from the family,who have different kind of belief than i..i use to be like them..but after i grow up..i didnt feel the same way..but we never fight about this, it doesnt change our love for each others. We are adults,we can handel this kind of situation..and we are free to make our choises..
And when i marry a muslim man,all my family was shocked..because they didnt know nothing about islam and they was scared that something bad happen to me..but when they saw my husband,they start to like him..very much. We dont talk about religion things..it is not yet time for it..everybody has their own believe and we respect it very much.
Religion is important thing, but sometimes it is just better to be quiet..and keep it as ur private thing..it doesnt matter,when u make friend,what is their belief..
Even my husband is muslim, he agree with me,that if we get a kids,they can choose their religion..they get a father name,but when they are adults ,they are free to choise..
It is most important,that u have belief between u and God.
And u have peace in ur hearth.
Religion is something peaceful, it is not fighting.
And u dont must care,what other people think about u and ur religion, if u are strong person,u dont care..Just be faceful for God.

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Everyone should have the right to believe what he/she wants to believe in but show respect for others and their religious believes - and you will get it in return.

Puppy, nice post.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly do not care who thinks what of me Puppy....I have been muslim for many years... but if anyone I know is not.. then thatis also ok..I think it is best if everyone debates without cursing at each other.....those who feel that they can't debate wihout cussing maybe should just keep quiet....i am just sad at all I have seen recently..:0
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smiley, welcome to this board. And unfortunately this situation on ES is more or less always like that. Do you think, you can handle that? I usually stay out of everything what covers politics and religion because I know trouble on this board here is not too far.....
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for good intentions, smiley, I will just add a few aspects.

First of all - about choosing and loving your friends, do not forget that also your friends have obivously chosen to love you, although and despite you are a muslim. They, although non-muslims or even non-religious people, are thus demonstrating both patience, understanding and love...

Secondly, islamic rules apply only to muslims. What is halal or haram concerns only you, so please follow if wish, but do not demand from us, who we are not subjects of islamic teaching.

Thus, e.g. in my culture and according to my personal beliefs and principles, there is nothing wrong in humour or "lightheartedness". I would even say that people who know to take matters lightly, present no danger to the others. The danger comes from taking things too seriously. If you do not wish be lighthearted, no one tells you be, but eqally please, do not try tell me what I may be or not be. Be understanding of my difference like I am understanding of your difference.

And i would like make on big conclusion by pointing out that the non-religious community if you would please notice and keep in mind, in general make no kind of demands on you, religious peole. We do not tell you follow our rules or be slack in following yours, we do not ask for special respect beyond what we earn (if earn ) with our behaviour, we do not even HAVE so many special rules beyond simple human concern for each other.

It is EASY for you to be with us because we make no other demands than you make on yourself. While it is very DIFFICULT for us to be with you because you constantly demand something: to be this, to behave that, to show the third aso aso. Demands, demands, demands..
..so many demands, so little love.

(Love!!!!)

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star44
Member # 7970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for star44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by smiley:
... so if my friend has decided that he/she is agnostic,.. and no matter what i tell them and tht nothing will make them change.. then I have to ask myself...~do I love my friend!~ do I want them to be around ~if that answer is yes... then I have to show patience and maybe just maybe by showing them that.. they will see the good and change..

I like your ideas, Smiley...I agree with you whole heartedly and I do feel your genuine honesty to do well by others is conveyed here.

The only part that I find hard to accept is that through patient perseverance, friends (or whoever) will understand the "truth" and change...why would you want your friends to see your example and change, if as you say you already like them as they are? I agree with you that true tolerance can resolve much conflict. However, a desire to convert others regardless of agnostic/religious beliefs (either through words or example) I feel closes enquiry and leads to rigid thinking and labelling (superior/inferior, enlightened/unenlightened etc.) You have more or less said this in your post.

Perhaps I am taking this one comment of yours out of context, but personally I prefer it when people do not think they have the truth and want to change me (especially secretly, lol). The anger I have observed directed at religion (not just Islam) is a often a reaction to what is perceived as religious arrogance in those following a faith believing that they know the ultimate truth (and will patiently wait for this truth to dawn on ‘non believers’ as well). The other aspect is I think the trend has been that people have censored themselves, trying to be “politically correct” when it comes to religion, and there is a backlash against this now…and people are being outspoken perhaps in an aggressive manner (?)

I often wonder if tolerance really is always extended in an unconditional way…I think you have reflected this in your post by more or less saying tolerance is more than just extending yourself to someone in order to teach them truth…I certainly don’t want to miss the main message of your post which I feel is very positive.

If we are all have different beliefs in this forum, does that still make us friends? If so, with friends like these, who needs enemies?

Posts: 42 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
smiley, that is why i like u
u are honest person..u have healthy way for ur thinking..u never fight...u listen peoples opinions,u dont judge. i hope here could be more ur kind of people.

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Everyone should have the right to believe what he/she wants to believe in but show respect for others and their religious believes - and you will get it in return.

Yes but even more importantly - let go of demands, please. Every demand is like a thread that starts from your hand and ends with the other person. Every time you demand something, you are trying to pull that other person from that thread of demand. Now what kind of respect is that to behave with people as if they were your marionettes?

Let go of these demand-threads and allow people have their own will instead of jerking along to your will. Otherwise, if you insist on pulling, they will want to pull back.

Accept that people are different and not all of them love you or cherich you or even know to respect you or maybe, indeed, there is not so much to respect in you (also happens but you can always work on it then). E.g. grown-ups frequently have quite little respect for a child's ideas or positions, and they explain it with that they know so much better, so... it is not so singular really.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star44
Member # 7970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for star44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
Yes but even more importantly - let go of demands, please. Every demand is like a thread that starts from your hand and ends with the other person. Every time you demand something, you are trying to pull that other person from that thread of demand. Now what kind of respect is that to behave with people as if they were your marionettes?

Let go of these demand-threads and allow people have their own will instead of jerking along to your will. Otherwise, if you insist on pulling, they will want to pull back.

Accept that people are different and not all of them love you or cherich you or even know to respect you or maybe, indeed, there is not so much to respect in you (also happens but you can always work on it then). E.g. grown-ups frequently have quite little respect for a child's ideas or positions, and they explain it with that they know so much better, so... it is not so singular really.

AGREE 100%

Posts: 42 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Why? The life is short, the survival takes its share, the competition for the rest of time is really fierce... why would one spend time on a big fat book which as far as we know is either outdated or then batter psychological, medical and political knowledge and advice is available in many other, more concise and more up-to-date books.

Then why? Give a purpose... a value-added... whatever it is one can gain from it.

You muslims are all so uptight about what you know, no wonder then there is so much misunderstanding and no one understand ther might be any value.

I hear you......

Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by puppy:
Smiley, i come from the family,who have different kind of belief than i..i use to be like them..but after i grow up..i didnt feel the same way..but we never fight about this, it doesnt change our love for each others. We are adults,we can handel this kind of situation..and we are free to make our choises..
And when i marry a muslim man,all my family was shocked..because they didnt know nothing about islam and they was scared that something bad happen to me..but when they saw my husband,they start to like him..very much. We dont talk about religion things..it is not yet time for it..everybody has their own believe and we respect it very much.
Religion is important thing, but sometimes it is just better to be quiet..and keep it as ur private thing..it doesnt matter,when u make friend,what is their belief..
Even my husband is muslim, he agree with me,that if we get a kids,they can choose their religion..they get a father name,but when they are adults ,they are free to choise..
It is most important,that u have belief between u and God.
And u have peace in ur hearth.
Religion is something peaceful, it is not fighting.
And u dont must care,what other people think about u and ur religion, if u are strong person,u dont care..Just be faceful for God.

Perfect !!!

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this muslima is far from uptight.. i demand nothing i merely ask with a please to respect each other.. I respect your wishes and your beliefs.... I do not belittle you because you do NOT believe...there are no demands here whatsever.... just all try to get along...and Morgan.... you are never happy unless your finding something to try to upset everyone with.. yes as far as I can and i speak for myself...i keep my replies to you light hearted... because that is how i view you... in a light hearted manner.. the ~haram~ was meant for muslimsi who feel that to joke about something trivial is haram.. i was stating it is not.. and to lighten up a bit...I know very well ~nevermind~ that you are not a muslim....i did not therefore make that suggestion to you...it was what appeared in another thread about tattoo's.. it was funny... primak was keeping it light other felt it as rude.. it was not!!!!it was however fun...
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Smiley, welcome to this board. And unfortunately this situation on ES is more or less always like that. Do you think, you can handle that? I usually stay out of everything what covers politics and religion because I know trouble on this board here is not too far.....

Lol tigerlily.. I know what you'er saying butthen it would become boring.....how can i go through the day and not see a post from Morgan.. if i answer or do not.... and ~neverminds~ long long litanies....i can take it and answer..or not.... but what has happened over the past few days from BOTH sides ..i felt should be addressed... and it can be accepted or rejected out of hand.. but I have now said it and stand by it....and I am sure Morgan feels the same from her/his side as will ~nevermind~... name calling of holy books no matter whose is wrong...and out of order!!!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

hmm coming from the one who "demanded" that we all be like her, interesting.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com