EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I don't agree with all of these but a friend sent this to me and I thought someone out here might get a chuckle~)

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of three in one (trinity).

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those damn atheists [Big Grin] ...well, we must love them, too, isn't it? [Roll Eyes]

"It is not what you say you are that counts, it is what you actually are." [Smile]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You seem to have forgotten the most important one, Noor! If one were a "fundamentalist" Christian, then they would have to go around killing all the enemies of God Jehovah, and that means the Muslims. Fortunately, Christians, unlike some Fundamentalist Muslims, have managed to civilise themselves and know the true path of enlightenment. [Big Grin]
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aye aye aye [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot understand why Noor has made it some kind of personal agenda to constantly stir up hatred where and when she can, on any topic whatsoever, it seems. Could it be that she is psychologically fragmented and is in desperate need of counselling for some unresolved personal issues in her life that just wont seem to go away? I fail to see the usefulness of her incessant hate postings, and I am sure that with a little encouragement in the right direction, she really could become a useful person in society and make valuable contributions, not least on these forums. [Smile]
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fran
Member # 9740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Doubtfire:
You seem to have forgotten the most important one, Noor! If one were a "fundamentalist" Christian, then they would have to go around killing all the enemies of God Jehovah, and that means the Muslims. Fortunately, Christians, unlike some Fundamentalist Muslims, have managed to civilise themselves and know the true path of enlightenment. [Big Grin]

The reason you don't see fundamentalist Christians going around killing Muslims is because you cannot find a single verse in the New Testament where Jesus instructs his followers to fight and kill the unbelievers. Mohammed's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples *were killed* for their faith. Mohammed and his fellow warriors murdered thousands- Christ murdered none. Huge difference.
Posts: 524 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Muhammed also personally killed many non-believers, and sentenced others to death.I am wondering just what kind of "prophet" would do that in the sixth century AD. His legacy of murder continues to this day, with promises of eternity with virgins in the afterlife!
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two Mormaon( is it mormons-the ones in the black pants and white shirts with ties?) annoyed the crap out of me the other day-it was dusk, my son was running down the street , I was trying to catch up due to my fear of him being mowed down by a reversing car out of a driveway, and they wanted to stop and chat about the lord! Sheeeesh.Like I DID looked distressed, but whats the point of saving my soul if my kid gets flattened in the process?So ,I gave them a very uncharitable earful. Sinner=ME. [Big Grin]
They took it very politely though! They do have good manners those mormons!

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noor is a smart lady but she has some strange ideas. For example, she thinks the United States should design its foreign policy based on not what is in the best interest of the United states but rather what is in the best interest of Egypt and Palestine.

She also locks on to every anti-semetic arab conspiracy plot that comes down the road.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicMushroom
Member # 9531

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicMushroom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am certainly disappointed with the content of your thread Noor.
I can't understand why you should feel the need to insult Christians or any other faith., or to assume one might 'get a chuckle' from it.
I am sure you would not take kindly to anyone making such an attack on your own faith or your blessed koran and would find it very insulting. (I don't include Christians here because my daughter is a strong practising Christian and would never consider saying any such things or anything detrimental to any person no matter what their faith or lack of faith - Maybe I should also include the Mormons as I have always found them to be polite even in the light of insults directed towards them). Maybe in future you could afford them the same respect MM

Posts: 33 | From: UK | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i hate religous jokes, they are NOT funny. noor we dont chuckle when people make fun of islam, why do you think they will chuckle if you make fun of christianity. its just not nice.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not cool.

Take a look at those, noor, and tell me if you find them funny as well ...

Top Ten Islamic Fundamentalist Pickup Lines

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Doubtfire:
Muhammed also personally killed many non-believers, and sentenced others to death.I am wondering just what kind of "prophet" would do that in the sixth century AD. His legacy of murder continues to this day, with promises of eternity with virgins in the afterlife!

Instead of descending into the gutter, as Noor did, and coming up with more lies and half truths, you could have reminded him that, as a muslim (if he is one), ridiculing the prophet of Allah, Jesus, is akin to blasphemy. Alas, sensibility exits through the window when "faith" enters through the door.

May Allah guide us all.

Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com