EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Daily hadith (updated regularly) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Daily hadith (updated regularly)
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avoid the seven great destructive sins. These are to join partners in worship with Allah, to practice sorcery, to kill without justification a living being whose life has been declared sacred by Allah, to practice usury, to misappropriate the property of an orphan, to flee from the battlefield at the time of fighting and to slander chaste and innocent believing women (Related by the two Sheikhs).
Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Narrated by Anas (Radhiallaho anho):

The Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "My Lord says, 'If My slave comes nearer to me for a span, I go nearer to him for a cubit; and if he comes nearer to Me for a cubit, I go nearer to him for the span of outstretched arms; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.'" [Sahih Al Bukhari]

Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all who help to keep this thread alive.
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Egypt:
Narrated by Anas (Radhiallaho anho):

The Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "My Lord says, 'If My slave comes nearer to me for a span, I go nearer to him for a cubit; and if he comes nearer to Me for a cubit, I go nearer to him for the span of outstretched arms; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.'" [Sahih Al Bukhari]

you know, i've always loved this hadeeth [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: I went to the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and asked him: "What do you say (command us) about our wives?" He replied: "None but a noble man treats women in an honourable manner. And none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully".
(At-Tirmithi).

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Narrated Abu Sa'id al-Khudri: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: The most wicked among the people in the eye of Allah on the Day of Judgement is the man who goes to his wife and she comes to him, and then he divulges her secret.
Muslim Book 8, Number 3369)

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
besiktas
Member # 5446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for besiktas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abu Hurairah said that Allah's messenger (PBUH) said, "each joint of every person must perform charity every day the sun rises; to act justly between 2 persons is charity; to help a man with his mount, lifting him onto it or hoisting up his belongings is a charity; a good word is a charity; every step you take to prayer is a charity; and removing a harmful thing from the road is a charity."
Posts: 174 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
besiktas
Member # 5446

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for besiktas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abu Umamah Sudaiy bin Ajlan Al-Bahili reported:The messanger of Allah said,"The person nearest to Allah is one who is the first to offer greetings"
Anas bin Malik reported: Messanger of Allah said to me"Dear son, when u enter ur house,say As-Salamu Alikum to ur family,for it will be a blessing both to u an dur family"

Posts: 174 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said, "There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) Health and free time for doing good."
(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 421)

newcomer
Member # 1056

Narrated by Mujahid: 'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Messenger took hold of my shoulder and said, 'Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveler." The sub-narrator added: Ibn 'Umar used to say, "If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death."
(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 425)

newcomer
Member # 1056

Narrated by Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Riches does not mean, having a great amount of property, but riches is self-contentment."
(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 453)

newcomer
Member # 1056

Narrated by 'Aisha: The Prophet was asked, "What deeds are loved most by Allah?" He said, "The most regular constant deeds even though they may be few." He added, 'Don't take upon yourselves, except the deeds which are within your ability."
(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 472)

Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Charity does not in any way decrease the wealth and the servant who forgives Allah adds to his respect, and the one who shows humility Allah elevates him in the estimation (of people). [Sahih Muslim]
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Seek help from God and do not lose heart. And if anything (in the form of trouble) comes to you,don't say, 'If I had not done (something differently), (the troubles) would not have happened,' but (instead)say, 'God did that what He had ordained to do.' Your 'if' opens the gate for Satan.)"

[Sahih Muslim]

besiktas
Member # 5446

Rate Member
Aus bin Aus reproted:the messenger of Allah said"Among the best of ur days is Friday.On that day pray to Allah to exalt my mention frequently,for ur such supplications are presented to me"(Abu Dawud)
besiktas
Member # 5446

Rate Member
Abu Dharr reported: The prophet said,"do not belittle any good deed,even meeting ur brother( muslim) with a cheerful face" ( muslim)
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Narrated By Anas bin Malik
Allah's Apostle said, "The son of Adam (i.e. man) grows old and so also two (desires) grow old with him, i.e., love for wealth and (a wish for) a long life." [Sahih Bukhari]

Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Narrated By Abu Huraira
The Prophet said, "None will enter Paradise but will be shown the place he would have occupied in the (Hell) Fire if he had rejected faith, so that he may be more thankful; and none will enter the (Hell) Fire but will be shown the place he would have occupied in Paradise if he had faith, so that may be a cause of sorrow for him." [Sahih Bukhari]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that he heard Allah's Messenger saying: "Allah the Most Exalted said: 'O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with the world full of sins, and meet Me without making anything a partner to Me, I would come to you with a similar amount of forgiveness'"
(Reported by Al-Tirmidhi)

Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Narrated Abdullah bin Amr bin al-as. Allah’s Apostle said, “O Abdullah! Have I not been informed that you fast all the day and stand in prayer all night?” I said, “Yes O Allah’s Apostle!” He said, “Do not do that! Observe the fast sometimes and also leave them (the fast) at other times; stand up for the prayer at night and also sleep at night. Your body has a right (over you), your eyes have a right over you and your wife has a right over you.” [Sahih Al Bukhari]
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Narrated Anas:
A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation. [Sahih Al Bukhari]

Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Abu Zar al-Ghifari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) as saying that Allah, The Great and Almighty, said: " O My Servants! I have made oppression Haram for Me Haram and amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My Servants! All of you are astray except those whom I guide, so seek guidance from Me, and I will guide you. O My Servants! All of you are hungry except those whom I feed, so ask food from Me, and I will feed you. O My Servants! All of you are naked except those whom I provide garments, so seek clothes of Me, and I will clothe you.

O My Servants! You misbehave night and day, and I pardon your sins, so supplicate Me for forgiveness, and I will forgive you. O My Servants! You can not do Me harm, nor can you have power to do Me any good. O My Servants! If the first of you and the last of you, both human and jinn, become the most pious like the heart of a single person amongst you, nothing would add to My Kingdom. If the first of you and the last of you, both human and jinn, become the most impious like the heart of a single person among you, it would cause no loss to My Kingdom.

O My Servants! If both the first and the last of you, human and jinn, stand in one open plain and ask of Me and I grant everyone his need, it would not, in any way, cause any loss to Me (even less) than which is caused to the ocean by dipping a needle in it. O My Servants! These deeds of yours which I reckon up for you and I shall reward you for them; so he who finds good should praise Allah and he who finds something else should blame only himself." Reported by Muslim

newcomer
Member # 1056

The Prophet said: "I have been sent with five aspects...(one of which is) every prophet was sent only to his people, while I have been sent to all mankind."
(Recorded by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Ibn 'Umar (may Allah be pleased with them) who reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There should be no envy, except in two cases: (Envy) of a man whom Allah has given (knowledge of) the Qur'an and he fulfills it by night and day, and of a man whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it by night and day (seeking the pleasure of Allah).”
(Agreed Upon)

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Al-Mustawrid ibn Shaddad (may Allah be pleased with him) who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: "This world in comparison with the Hereafter is like what (the amount of water) you get on your finger when you put it in the sea. See what it returns with."
(Reported by Muslim)

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Abu Musa `Abdullah ibn Qais Al-Ash`ari (may Allah be pleased with him) who narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Allah, the Exalted, stretches His Hand out during the night, so those who committed sins during the day may repent; and He stretches His Hand out during the day, so those who committed sins during the night may repent. He will do so until the sun rises from the west."
(Reported by Muslim)

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “A believer who recites the Qur'an is like a citron, whose fragrance is sweet and whose taste is delicious. A believer who does not recite the Qur'an is like a date, which has no fragrance but its taste is sweet. A hypocrite who recites the Qur'an is like basil, whose fragrance is so sweet, but its taste is bitter. A hypocrite who does not recite the Qur'an is like the colocynth, which has no fragrance and its taste is bitter.”
(Agreed Upon)

newcomer
Member # 1056

Hi mike!

Could I ask you to please delete your last two posts from this thread and start a new one if you want to post verses from the Bible? This thread was intended just for Hadith, i.e. sayings of the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him), and everybody else who has visited the forum has respected it as such, so far. I'm sure that if you started up your own thread of Bible verses people would also respect that and not post other things on it.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok , I will not because of any reason other than I seen the very first post of this thread (after I posted), asking for only y'alls hadith stuff..

and thats the only reason...

[27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
[28] Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
[29] And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
[30] Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
[31] But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

And could I ask you politely to remove the biblical verses that you have just posted and not post any more on this thread. Thank you!
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ummm, I met you half way..lets leave well enough alone

[Smile]

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
ok , I will not because of any reason other than I seen the very first post of this thread (after I posted), asking for only y'alls hadith stuff..

I would have thought that you might have liked to show that your word could be trusted and that you could show respect to other people.
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
everything will be ok...

[Smile]

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) saying: ‘It is better for you to leave early in the morning and bring firewood on your back and give charity out of it and not be in need of other people, than to beg from people, whether they give him anything or refuse to do so. Truly, the upper hand is better than the lower hand; and begin with your dependents.’”
(Agreed Upon)

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said, “I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) saying: ‘It is better for you to leave early in the morning and bring firewood on your back and give charity out of it and not be in need of other people, than to beg from people, whether they give him anything or refuse to do so. Truly, the upper hand is better than the lower hand; and begin with your dependents.’”
(Agreed Upon)

PaReCeToMaL_SPEED2
Member # 10866

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaReCeToMaL_SPEED2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Every Prophet was given miracles because of which people believed, but what I have been given, is Divine Inspiration which Allah has revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will outnumber the followers of the other Prophets on the Day of Resurrection."

(Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 61, Number 504)

--------------------
cumngetmeifucan

Posts: 102 | From: corvland | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been sent with the shortest expressions bearing the widest meanings, and I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Abu Huraira added: Allah's Apostle has left the world and now you, people, are bringing out those treasures (i.e. the Prophet did not benefit by them).

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BukhariVolume 1, Book 11, Number 626:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayers and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to c awl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Number 260:
Narrated Ikrima:
Prophet said 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
The History of Tabari, vol 8, pge 29-30
From his share of captive women,prophet gave his son-in-law, Ali a slave girl, Raytah bt Hilal to enjoy her at his will. He also presented Uthman b. Affan, his son-in-law, another slave girl Zainab b. Hayan, and bestowed another girl (name unknown) to his father –in-law Omar Ibn Khattab. Omar gave that girl to his son Abdullah. Most of Prophet's other elite companions received slave girls as gifts..

"Sirat e Rasulullah" by Ishaq, pge 464
After 800-900 male adults of Bani Quraiza were beheaded in batches, and thrown in trenches dug in Madina, the apostle divided their property, wives and children as booty. . He took Rayhana d. Amr b. Khunafa for himself.

newcomer
Member # 1056

Hi ispy!

Could I ask you to quote only authentic hadith on this thread not from books of Seerah, as that was what it was meant for? And would you also make sure that the translation you post is accurate, as that was not the case in the second hadith you posted, and also that you post the full hadith not an extract.

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Anyone who gives in charity from good (honest wealth) - and Allah only accepts that which is good - the Merciful will accept it with His Right Hand, and even if it is only a date. It would be nurtured in the Hand of the Merciful, until it becomes bigger than a mountain, just like one of you nurtures his foal or young camel.”
(Agreed Upon)

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) who reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “There are seven (people) whom Allah will shade with His Shadow on the Day on the Day when there will be no shade, other than His Shade: A just ruler; a young person who grew up worshipping Allah, the Exalted; a man whose heart is attached to the mosques; two people who meet and depart from each other for the sake of Allah; a man who is seduced by a powerful and beautiful woman, but he says, ‘I fear Allah’; a man who gives in charity and conceals it so that his left hand does not know what his right has given; and a person who remembers Allah when he is alone and his eyes shed tears.”
(Agreed Upon)

Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah Almighty has said:
The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so. As for his denying Me, it is his saying: He will not remake me as He made me at first (1) - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him. As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: Allah has taken to Himself a son, while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me.

(1) i.e., bring me back to life after death.

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by an-Nasa'i).

Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:
Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade.

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik).

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of An-Nu'man ibn Bashir (may Allah be pleased with him) who narrated that he heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) saying: “What is permitted is clear and what is forbidden is clear, but in between them there are doubtful matters that most people do not know about. So anyone who guards himself against these doubtful matters saves his religion and his honor. And anyone who falls into these doubtful matters is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near a Hima (private pasture) and is on the verge of entering it. Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the Earth is His forbidden matters. There is a piece of flesh in the body if it is good the whole body is good but if it is spoiled the whole body is spoiled, and that is the heart."
(Related by Al-Bukhari)

newcomer
Member # 1056

On the authority of Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) who narrated that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “A man saw a dog eating moist earth due to thirst. So the man took a shoe and kept on scooping water for the dog with it, until it had quenched its thirst. So Allah showed His Appreciation of him and let him enter Paradise.”
(Related by Al-Bukhari)

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bump*
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(1) Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of DEEDs depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for." (Book #1, Hadith #1)

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

(2) Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: Allah's Apostle was the most generous of all the people, and he used to reach the peak in generosity in the month of Ramadan when Gabriel met him. Gabriel used to meet him every night of Ramadan to teach him the Qur'an. Allah's Apostle was the most generous person, even more generous than the strong uncontrollable wind (in readiness and haste to do charitable DEEDs). (Book #1, Hadith #5)

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com