EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Women in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women in Cairo
heathernichole20
Member # 6114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for heathernichole20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If any of you Muslim women (or even men) could help me, I am working on a project at AUC, and I would like to get some input from you.
I originally set out to test Maslow's Theory of Basic Human Needs across educational and socio-economic class level in Cairo. I also want to see if religion (Islam) influences perceived needs of women in Cairo.
-Just incase you don't know of Maslow's theory, it says that humans work their way up in life, going through a heirarchy of Autonomy and Self-actualization, Esteem, Social, and Security. (all these being needs of people)
What I'm finding in my research, and through reading critiques of Maslow, is that different societies have different values, and the values in Cairo are different than American values (where Maslow did his research). For example, marriage and family are given much more importance here than in America.
I am wonderin if anyone can tell me about their experiences growing up. What were the values you were taught to be important? What were you taught is your goal in life? What do you want to accomplish in life? And do you think your religion plays a role in this?
Write as little or as much as you would like. Thanks in advance for your information.

Posts: 31 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea muslim women in Cairo pretty much care to get covered and keep their hubbies from marrying another 3 women. It's their daily priorties!
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ichigo
Member # 10434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ichigo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josh:
Yea muslim women in Cairo pretty much care to get covered and keep their hubbies from marrying another 3 women. It's their daily priorties!

Hijab/Niqab is the only distinction between a Muslim or a Christian women in cairo , other than that you won't be able to tell the difference because they are Egyptians , they have same culture and they have same respect to their families and themselves.
Posts: 184 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charistian -thats a new word where that come from interesting ......
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com