EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Is There a God?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is There a God?
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider this : An archaeologist digs deep into the desert sand and finds a piece of an old clay pot. After his investigations, this archaeologist can tell us, from this little old piece of dusty clay, so much about the civilisation that existed thousands of years ago that produced it; he can tell us about the types of ovens, temperatues, and dyes that they worked with, the raw materials that they used, and thus assess the level of their artistic skill and technological ability, etc. All this from a small piece of clay lying in the desert.

Did this archaeologist ever see the civilisation that produced this pot ?

How does he know that it ever existed ?

He knows because he saw that the piece of clay was produced by someone who designed it, and shaped it, and had the intelligence to be able to heat it and produce the pot, and not only that, they also had the ability to colour it and make it look beautiful.

Design ==> Designer.

To the archaeologist the existence and intricacy of the piece of pottery is conclusive proof of the existence, intelligence and ability of the people who made it.

Look around you: at the beautiful sunset on a summer evening, at the moon and the stars on a cloudless night, at the water that you drink, at the trees and how they grow from tiny seeds.

Think about yourself: your eyes with which you see, your ears with which you hear, your tongues with which you taste and talk, your hands and your feet, your heart and your brain.

Consider how these things are so complex in themselves and yet work together in such perfect harmony.

From the movement of the galaxies to the complexities of the interaction of molecules, from the dynamics of eco-systems to the intricacies of DNA, all lead to the obvious fact of the existence of the great Wisdom, Knowledge and Power that allows our Universe to exist and function.

To any perceptive person the existence and intricacy of creation is conclusive proof of the Existence, Knowledge and Wisdom of the One who creates, organises and sustains it.

Most people naturally recognise the existence of the Creator, and we find reference to the Creator in all cultures and religions. Even the atheists, communists and (disbelieving) scientists cannot avoid this reality, but avoid the term 'creator', for phrases like 'Mother Nature' and 'the amazing way nature has designed...'

How strange in the face of this, that many today reject the belief in the existence of the Creator. Perhaps this is due more to fashion and the desire to justify a materialistic attitude to life rather than real observation and comprehension of reality.

Something stranger still, and perhaps another reason for the trend to deny the Creator, are those who claim that a man, or men, who walked on the earth, breathed air, who had bodies and souls subject to the Laws of the Universe, are the Creator, or manifestations of the Self-Subsistent One.

This is of course a complete contradiction in terms. Something cannot be the Creator and created at the same time, needing air, food and drink and being self-sufficient, being temporary and eternal!

If you are one of those who believe that a man such as Buddha, or Krishna, or Jesus is the Creator and Controller, then think again.

We were created from a drop of despised fluid, in which was a microscopic sperm, which in turn fertilised a microscopic egg and we grew in our mother's womb in stages predetermined, over which we had no control. We came from our mother's womb, urinating and defecating, needing constant attention and care. Without food we will die, without air we will die ... and then such a one is God?

Indeed any intelligent person would recognise exactly how dependant life, the universe and everything is on its Creator. Our dire need for His help makes itself plain in times of great distress.

Imagine yourself in an aeroplane and you know it is going to crash...

Who do you turn to for help then ?

Or on a ship in the sea, thrown helplessly up and down by towering waves ...

There will have been a situation at one time or the other in your life when you called upon your Creator alone, forgetting everyone and everything else, hoping, trusting, wishing that the Being you know in your heart and soul that has power and control over all things would help you. The only One you know can save you!

O creature of God, contemplate upon these verses:

Behold! In the creation of the Heavens and the Earth; In the alternation of the night and day; In the sailing of the ships through the Oceans for the profit of mankind; In the rain which God sends down from the skies, and the life that He therewith to an earth that is dead; In the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the Earth; In the change of the winds, and the clouds which they trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth -Indeed these are signs for a people that are wise." [The Qur'aan 2:164]

"It is He who has made the sun a shining glory and the moon a light of beauty and has measured out their stages, that you might know the number of years and their reckoning.Allah did not create this but in Truth. He explains His signs in detail for people who understand." [The Qur'aan 10:5]

"He has created the heavens and the earth with Truth. Far is He above having the partners that they ascribe to him. He has created mankind from a sperm drop; and behold this (same) man becomes anopen disputer! And the cattle, He has created them for you; in them is warmth (warm clothing) and numerous benefits, and of them you eat." [The Qur'aan 16:3-5]

"Blessed be He who sent down the Criterion to His servant that it may be an admonition to all creatures. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth; no son has he begotten, nor has He any partner in His dominion; It is He who created all things and gave them their due proportions.Yet they have taken besides Him gods that can create nothing but are themselves created; that have no control of hurt or good to themselves; nor do they control life nor death nor Resurrection." [The Qur'aan 25:1-3]

"Were they created by nothing or did they create themselves? Or did they create the heavens and the earth ? No, they have no firm belief." [The Qur'aan 52:36]

"He it is who enables you to travel through land and sea, until, when you are in the ships and they sail with a favourable wind and you are glad about that. Then comes a stormy wind and the waves come to you from all sides and when you think that you are encircled by them, you call upon God making your faith pure for Him alone saying :'If You deliver us from this we shall truly be grateful.' But when He delivers you, behold! you rebel in the earth wrongfully. O mankind, your rebellion against God is only against your own selves - a brief enjoyment of this wordly life, then in the end unto Us is your return We shall inform you of that which you used to do." [The Qur'aan 10:22-23]

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ironborn
Member # 12020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ironborn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few people would doubt that there is a Creator, a Being responsible for all things in manifest Reality.

The question though, is what kind of Creator are we to believe in?

What evidence is there that Allah is the Creator, and not some other God?

It's just as, if not more misleading, to believe in a false God, as it is to believe in no God.

Therefore we should choose wisely.

~Alistair

--------------------
Lies fade like smoke when uncovered..but Truth, burns like fire.

Posts: 1221 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as the holy Prophets started before ALLAH sent for them his messages..,by deep Cogitation..,just i think person need before anything to be a good Cogitative who look so good and so deep at everything..,espicially the nature..

when u walk into so so so so wild desert..,which full of soft sand..,and there is not any other human in it..,just u..,but then suddenly u found a book..so isnt this book would be an evidence that there was someone here before u??..and when u read it u might discover the career or the personality of him...

i think the evidence is in everywhere but its just need someone who look at things by so deep eyes..,and by so discovering pure soul

Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

what kind of Creator are we to believe in?

Didn't the creator define himself by sending the prophets n the books?

quote:

What evidence is there that Allah is the Creator

only Allah states he is the creator of all this universe.
No1 else dared to state/speak about his universe and how it was created.

Buddha, or Krishna, or Jesus never claim they created the universe cuz simply no1 dares.

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess what mr conditioner here and I am not sure that I am right, what he was asking .. not the name but whom is the true god .. what are his characters to be god .. to make all the universe ..
For me allah == God .. simply .. so I don't find the second question relevant .. I think that Mr. Conditioner in his second question might be asking what makes "allah (God in muslim religion faith) the true god and not another god".
For me simply believing in one god is half way to real faith .. islam for me describes the most suitable characters for god as I might consider for the god to be true .. one of the great points about Allah in islam that truely is one of pillars .. is that god is not contaminated in anything ... niether time nor space .. nor any other thing .. this point itself is a major point .. being also like no other thing .. is just as crucial .. he can't be like anything for me (my deduction of god existance deduces so) .. among with other issues like he can do anything .. because actually he has done anything .. for me the physical laws aren't the constants it is the result of some kind of structure made by the god .. Also another pillar is that he is the source of all things .. he made everything out of nothing .. and he is not confused by anything .. shouldn't .. also that the reason for our existance is to worship him .. I had my reasons to believe that god is allah and I have my logic for that .. and that's my answer

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is There a God?

yes. deal with it.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydotapple
Member # 13361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydotapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not question whats is written in the quaran..Allah is the almighty and the creator.
Posts: 212 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krishna
Member # 12633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krishna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from a dyslexic atheist: there is no dog

--------------------
when you see a sacred cow..milk it for all it's worth

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Plastic Bags
Member # 13850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Plastic Bags     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, says the Lord.
Posts: 178 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krishna
Member # 12633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krishna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BATMAN: "Buddha, or Krishna, or Jesus never claim they created the universe cuz simply no1 dares."

Krsna dares: Bhagavad-Gita 9.7-8
sarva-bhutani kaunteya
prakrtim yanti mamikam
kalpa-ksaye punas tani
kalpadau vrsjamy aham
prakrtim svam avastabhya
visrjami punah punah
bhuta-gramam imam krtsnam
avasam prakrter vasat

O son of Kunti, at the end of the millennium all material manifestations enter into My nature, and at the beginning of another millennium, by My potency, I create them again.
The whole cosmic order is under Me. Under My will it is automatically manifested again and again, and under My will it is annihilated at the end
as sobequiet might say "educate yourself"

--------------------
when you see a sacred cow..milk it for all it's worth

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme
Member # 13852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sothefccwon'tletmebeorletmebeme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is God a passive observer in our lives? Did he create and then sit back and let us whirl around in our own orbits? Is he a guardian, all seeing, all knowing? What is "God" exactly? Some guy on a cloud? Or a more fluid type of being?
Posts: 35 | From: Rising From The Ashes | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Order of the Phoenix:
Is God a passive observer in our lives? Did he create and then sit back and let us whirl around in our own orbits? Is he a guardian, all seeing, all knowing? What is "God" exactly? Some guy on a cloud? Or a more fluid type of being?

well this is a matter left for you to decide .. for me
God ain't passive he is the one holding the rules from its basics .. without him there is no rules to be held .. everything will vanish.
for me he is the gurdian , seeing all knowing.
I dunno what god is and I know I can't know but what I know is that he can't be a part inside the universe .. he built it in a way that it is only existing by him .. so he can't be a part of it .. for me it is not like he found the sand made the bricks and build the house .. he build it all .. and that includes time and space .. he is not included in time .. he is not controlled by anything anything .. how he is really I will never know .. that I know. but I know he is like nothin else .. true unique .. that's it

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com