EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Merry Christmas! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Merry Christmas!
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politically Incorrect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas to all Christians celebrating on the 25th, and an early Merry Christmas to all Christians celebrating in January. I hope the holidays bring happiness to everyone. Be careful not to eat too much like I did during the Eid. [Smile]
Posts: 374 | From: men gheir laff w dawaran | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks [Big Grin] Politically Incorrect
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politically Incorrect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MICKY A:
thanks [Big Grin] Politically Incorrect

You are welcome, Micky. Enjoy the holidays!
Posts: 374 | From: men gheir laff w dawaran | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas everyone, and a Very Happy New Year to all

*baubles* *tinsel* *tree* *cake* *mulled wine* [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S* [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! [Smile]

(I'm off to London tomorrow - wish me a happy landing!) [Big Grin]

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't mean to tag along to your thread PI, but I also wanted to wish happy holidays to everyone, whatever holiday it may be (hanukah, christmas, kwanzaa or eid; & enlighten me if you're celebrating something that i missed) [Smile]

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cairobug, whats 'kwanzaa'??

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kwanzaa (or Kwaanza) is a week-long Pan-African festival celebrated primarily in the United States, honoring African American heritage.[1] It is observed from December 26 to January 1 each year.

Kwanzaa consists of seven days of celebration, featuring activities such as candle-lighting and pouring of libations, and culminating in a feast and gift giving. It was created by Ron Karenga, and first celebrated from December 26, 1966, to January 1, 1967, timed to coincide with Christmas so that it would be remembered. Karenga calls Kwanzaa the African American branch of "first fruits" celebrations of classical African cultures. According to African American leader Al Sharpton, Kwanzaa was created to "de-whitize" Christmas.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
thanks newcomer. you learn something new everyday [Big Grin]

--------------------

Aliym
Member # 12012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aliym     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cairobug:
don't mean to tag along to your thread PI, but I also wanted to wish happy holidays to everyone, whatever holiday it may be (hanukah, christmas, kwanzaa or eid; & enlighten me if you're celebrating something that i missed) [Smile]

^^^Happy holiday to everyone then and Happy new year for all,,Hope that the new year will bring with it for everyone all the best he/she wish and want ISA.
Posts: 712 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:

I hope you had a happy landing [Smile] . Stay warm!
cairobug
Member # 10571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairobug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks newcomer for posting that response, sorry ayisha--didn't see it your post soon enough... i personally don't know any families that do anything for kwanzaa but usually see events that are held for it in schools or sponsored by other organizations. it's very cute nonetheless, while i think American culture in itself is very rich, I think this serves the purpose of nurturing children about pride in their differences in a healthy way.

--------------------
Disclaimer: My posts are not meant to personally offend anyone. If you find yourself reading my posts repeatedly, you are kindly asked to seek the help of a professional [Smile]

Posts: 483 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Politically Incorrect:
quote:

I hope you had a happy landing [Smile] . Stay warm!
Thank you - I did. [Smile] Warm...? - it's so cooold here in England as well! [Frown]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise be to Allaah.

Greeting the kuffaar on Christmas and other religious holidays of theirs is haraam, by consensus, as Ibn al-Qayyim, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in Ahkaam Ahl al-Dhimmah: "Congratulating the kuffaar on the rituals that belong only to them is haraam by consensus, as is congratulating them on their festivals and fasts by saying ‘A happy festival to you’ or ‘May you enjoy your festival,’ and so on. If the one who says this has been saved from kufr, it is still forbidden. It is like congratulating someone for prostrating to the cross, or even worse than that. It is as great a sin as congratulating someone for drinking wine, or murdering someone, or having illicit sexual relations, and so on. Many of those who have no respect for their religion fall into this error; they do not realize the offensiveness of their actions. Whoever congratulates a person for his disobedience or bid’ah or kufr exposes himself to the wrath and anger of Allaah."

Congratulating the kuffaar on their religious festivals is haraam to the extent described by Ibn al-Qayyim because it implies that one accepts or approves of their rituals of kufr, even if one would not accept those things for oneself. But the Muslim should not aceept the rituals of kufr or congratulate anyone else for them, because Allaah does not accept any of that at all, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

"If you disbelieve, then verily, Allaah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you. . ."
[al-Zumar 39:7]

". . . This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islaam as your religion . . ."
[al-Maa’idah 5:3]

So congratulating them is forbidden, whether they are one’s colleagues at work or otherwise.

If they greet us on the occasion of their festivals, we should not respond, because these are not our festivals, and because they are not festivals which are acceptable to Allaah. These festivals are innovations in their religions, and even those which may have been prescribed formerly have been abrogated by the religion of Islaam, with which Allaah sent Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to the whole of mankind. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"Whoever seeks a religion other than Islaam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

It is haraam for a Muslim to accept invitations on such occasions, because this is worse than congratulating them as it implies taking part in their celebrations.

Similarly, Muslims are forbidden to imitate the kuffaar by having parties on such occasions, or exchanging gifts, or giving out sweets or food, or taking time off work, etc., because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever imitates a people is one of them." Shaykh al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyah said in his book Iqtidaa’ al-siraat al-mustaqeem mukhaalifat ashaab al-jaheem: "Imitating them in some of their festivals implies that one is pleased with their false beliefs and practices, and gives them the hope that they may have the opportunity to humiliate and mislead the weak."

Whoever does anything of this sort is a sinner, whether he does it out of politeness or to be friendly, or because he is too shy to refuse, or for whatever other reason, because this is hypocrisy in Islaam, and because it makes the kuffaar feel proud of their religion.

Allaah is the One Whom we ask to make the Muslims feel proud of their religion, to help them adhere steadfastly to it, and to make them victorious over their enemies, for He is the Strong and Omnipotent.

Majmoo’ah Fataawa wa Rasaa’il al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 3/369)

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Merry Christmas sands!!

If you didnt intend to post anything happy for this holiday, why did you bother posting at all??

--------------------

Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

quote:
Warm...? - it's so cooold here in England as well! [Frown]

Indeed, hence the importance of staying warm. [Smile]
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Warm...? - it's so cooold here in England as well! [Frown]

Indeed, hence the importance of staying warm. [Smile]
[Smile]
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Merry Christmas sands!!

If you didnt intend to post anything happy for this holiday, why did you bother posting at all??

There reason is simple:

"Remind the beleivers for in the reminder is benefit."

My intention is to post beneficial information for the Muslims.

I'm sorry that you believe in and acknowledge Christmas as a holiday Ayisha. In Islaam we only have two Eids as well as our Yamul Jumuah.

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:
quote:
Merry Christmas sands!!

There reason is simple:

"Remind the beleivers for in the reminder is benefit."

My intention is to post beneficial information for the Muslims.

I'm sorry that you believe in and acknowledge Christmas as a holiday Ayisha. In Islaam we only have two Eids as well as our Yamul Jumuah.

In Islam we respect other peoples religion sands. Christmas is the eid of the People of the Book.
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Islam teaches RESPECT if cannot do these things then go back and ask to learn some manners .
This is for you sands i find you very rude being you meant or call yourself a muslim why on earth do you ever mix with society its people like you that link ISLAM TO HELL when its HEAVEN .

Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Xmas to all - Christians, Jews, Muslims alike even you SITS... This is a time of goodwill to all men, of sharing the love with famillies, friends and foes... Peace to everybody and may you all have a prosperouse New Year [Smile]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Merry Christmas to all Christians celebrating on the 25th, and an early Merry Christmas to all Christians celebrating in January. I hope the holidays bring happiness to everyone. Be careful not to eat too much like I did during the Eid. [Smile]

Yes and lets hope we all find peace .
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:In Islam we respect other peoples religion sands. Christmas is the eid of the People of the Book. [/QB]
Show us examples of the Salaf (radi Allahu ta'ala Anhuma) where they used to congratulate non-Muslims on their so called holidays?

Respecting a person religious belief does not necessary imply that we (Muslims) have to acknowledge them and greet them.

Again if you would be so kind to post examples of the Salaf (radi Allahu ta'ala anhuma) doing this then I would follow their examples.

I have already posted the reason why Muslims should NOT do so using Quran and ahadeeth. You are more than welcome to refute this information.

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Habeeby:
Merry Xmas to all - Christians, Jews, Muslims alike even you SITS... This is a time of goodwill to all men, of sharing the love with famillies, friends and foes... Peace to everybody and may you all have a prosperouse New Year [Smile]

Why is your Christmas a time of goodwill for Jews, Muslims, Buddist, Hindus, Atheist, or any other faith or other than that?
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by WindBetweenEars:
Islam teaches RESPECT if cannot do these things then go back and ask to learn some manners .
This is for you sands i find you very rude being you meant or call yourself a muslim why on earth do you ever mix with society its people like you that link ISLAM TO HELL when its HEAVEN .

You're from Death Valley.

I live in Cairo, Egypt amongst the Muslimeen. I've seen one home lit up for Christmas where I live this year.

My post was directed to Muslimeen and the reasons why we must not greet or congratulate the non-Muslims on their so called holidays. If the Quran and Sunnah offends you then, you won't find an apology for me on this issue. That is something that you will have to take up with your Lord.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:In Islam we respect other peoples religion sands. Christmas is the eid of the People of the Book.

Show us examples of the Salaf (radi Allahu ta'ala Anhuma) where they used to congratulate non-Muslims on their so called holidays?

Respecting a person religious belief does not necessary imply that we (Muslims) have to acknowledge them and greet them.

Again if you would be so kind to post examples of the Salaf (radi Allahu ta'ala anhuma) doing this then I would follow their examples.

I have already posted the reason why Muslims should NOT do so using Quran and ahadeeth. You are more than welcome to refute this information. [/QB]

from what I see you posted 3 Quran verses, none of which say anything about what you say, end of story. Respecting their religion does not imply that we DONT acknowledge them or greet them either. Now if you dont like the idea tough, and this thread was called Merry Christmas so you should have avoided it anyway for fear of kufr infection.
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:In Islam we respect other peoples religion sands. Christmas is the eid of the People of the Book.

I have already posted the reason why Muslims should NOT do so using Quran and ahadeeth. You are more than welcome to refute this information.

from what I see you posted 3 Quran verses, none of which say anything about what you say, end of story. Respecting their religion does not imply that we DONT acknowledge them or greet them either. Now if you dont like the idea tough, and this thread was called Merry Christmas so you should have avoided it anyway for fear of kufr infection. [/QB]
Show me the examples of the Salaf greeting non-Muslims on thier so called holidays..OK OK, just show me one example, how's that!

Oh now SANDS is forbidden to post on certain threads now. Excused you me.

Trust me I used to live in the heart of kufr i.e. USA my deen was strong enough then and even strong now bi'itnillah to survive kufr.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Show me the examples of the Salaf greeting non-Muslims on thier so called holidays..OK OK, just show me one example, how's that!

I will if you show me one example of the salaf posting on the internet, just one example, hows that [Big Grin]
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
quote:

I will if you show me one example of the salaf posting on the internet, just one example, hows that [Big Grin]
Inshaa Allah I'm done replying to you (Ayisha) on this thread. No need to debate or aruge any further.

I have present the fatwa from Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) one whom I am sure understood the Quran and ahadeeth better than you and I without a doubt. It (the fatwa) has served a purpose for those who want to benefit from it.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Inshaa Allah I'm done replying to you (Ayisha) on this thread. No need to debate or aruge any further.

Alhamdulillah!!

Now the peaceful people can go back to celebrating the birth of a Prophet!

*tinsel* *baubles* *turkey*

*passes chocolates round*

[Wink]

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Alhamdulillah!!

Now the peaceful people can go back to celebrating the birth of a Prophet!

Shouldn't the Christians here be OFFENDED that you're calling their so called GOD or The Son of God a Prophet. To them he is more than just a Prophet.

Christmas to them is celebrating the birth of God or the Son of God.

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus is a "prophet" in Islam, not because he is revered, but as replacement theology. Since only Islam is legitimate, only Islam’s conception of Jesus is legitimate.

Jesus was all about forgiveness and peace and never advocated or incited war. In fact, according to one of the gospels, when the crowd came to seize Jesus to bring him to trial, one of the disciples drew his sword and struck the servant of the high priest, severing his ear. Jesus strongly rebuked the disciple.

But let a few hundred years go by, and now you have Muhammed who wages open war and advocates killing and war. Now, considering that Jesus was a “prophet”, was he just time-specific? Was he just talking about the period up to Muhammed, and then after that, all killing was OK so long as it was done in the name of Allah?

Jesus prevented the stoning of a prostitute. Muhammed led an army to sack Mecca.

One of these prophets is not like the other…

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Undercover:

Merry Christmas.

Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:

Jesus prevented the stoning of a prostitute. Muhammed led an army to sack Mecca.

One of these prophets is not like the other…

The bible is admittedly corrupted hence anything stated in it could be practically attributed to anyone.

Prophet Muhammad (saw) freed Mecca from female infanticide, from a deviant methodology that determined who was a paternal father or who wasn't, from lewd marriages one of which was basically gangbang sexual intercourse, the banning of marrying sisters simultaneously, etc

He freed Mecca for the above and pretty much civilized it.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:Muhammed led an army to sack Mecca.

One of these prophets is not like the other… [/QB]

Actually Khalid ibn Waleed (RA) "The Sword of Allah" lead the Army 10,000 strong into Makkah not the Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wassalaam. Newsflash there was no violence upon entering Makkah.

And you're right no two Prophets are the same.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
sands i thought you had done in here? you know very little about Christianity by your comments.

*passes chocolates to PI, undercover and anyone else in here*

*places silly hat on sands*

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you PI.

Merry Christmas/Eid, to everyone.

And a Happy New Year...

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freshsoda
Member # 13226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for freshsoda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy New year TO EVERYONE and blessing for ALL.

Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Do not worry then, saying, "What will we eat?" or "What will we drink?" or "What will we wear for clothing?"

for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 5

Posts: 653 | From: Great Manchester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First Dec. 25 Xmas tied to pagan shrine

By ARIEL DAVID, Associated Press WriterSat Dec 22, 7:14 PM ET

The church where the tradition of celebrating Christmas on Dec. 25 may have begun was built near a pagan shrine as part of an effort to spread Christianity, a leading Italian scholar says.

Italian archaeologists last month unveiled an underground grotto that they believe ancient Romans revered as the place where a wolf nursed Rome's legendary founder Romulus and his twin brother Remus.

A few feet from the grotto, or "Lupercale," the Emperor Constantine built the Basilica of St. Anastasia, where some believe Christmas was first celebrated on Dec. 25.

Constantine ended the frequent waves of anti-Christian persecutions in the Roman empire by making Christianity a lawful religion in 313. He played a key role in unifying the beliefs and practices of the early followers of Jesus.

In 325, he convened the Council of Nicaea, which fixed the dates of important Christian festivals. It opted to mark Christmas, then celebrated at varying dates, on Dec. 25 to coincide with the Roman festival celebrating the birth of the sun god, Andrea Carandini, a professor of archaeology at Rome's La Sapienza University, told reporters Friday.

The Basilica of St. Anastasia was built as soon as a year after the Nicaean Council. It probably was where Christmas was first marked on Dec. 25, part of broader efforts to link pagan practices to Christian celebrations in the early days of the new religion, Carandini said.

"The church was built to Christianize these pagan places of worship," he said. "It was normal to put a church near these places to try to 'save' them."

Rome's archaeological superintendent Angelo Bottini, who did not take part in Carandini's research, said that hypothesis was "evocative and coherent" and "helps us understand the mechanisms of the passage from paganism to Christianity."

Bottini and Carandini both said future digs could bolster the link between the shrine and the church if structures belonging to the "Lupercale" are found directly below the basilica.

The Basilica St. Anastasia was the first church to rise not on the ancient city's outskirts, but on the Palatine Hill, the palatial center of power and religion in imperial Rome, Carandini said. Though little known today, at the time of Constantine it was one of the most important basilicas for Christians in Rome, he said.

The "Lupercale" shrine — named after the "lupa," Latin for she-wolf — is 52 feet below ground. So far, archaeologists have only been able to see it by inserting probes and cameras that have revealed a vaulted ceiling decorated with colored marble and a white imperial eagle.

Though some experts have expressed doubts that the grotto is in fact the mythological nursery of Romulus and Remus, most archaeologists believe the shrine fits the descriptions found in ancient texts, and plans are being drawn up to excavate the structure further.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071223/ap_on_re_eu/italy_roman_christmas_4

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope all of the ES Christians have a lovely and wonderful Chistmas! I wish you all a special and joyous time, hope you can be with your family and enjoy the wonderment of this time of year.
A Christmas thought:
"Christmas is weird. What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?" [Smile]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

"Christmas is weird. What other time of the year do you sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of your socks?" [Smile]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] . That is the truth smucks. This year however I finally put my foot down with my kids- it was always appalling to me that you kill a tree to bring it into your home to decorate [Confused] [Confused] . I always tried to get a fake one and then I would decorate the ones in the yard and try to get the kids to enjoy that but my ex shot me down. I have finally won the kids over - I have a beautiful artifical tree that came with the lights on it!! I am now a happy woman [Big Grin] . Back to baking, I just came on to wish all the wonderful people on ES happy holidays, that includes a wish that your EID was wonderful. Christmas is not a holiday just for christians- It also is a time for family and santa claus. Goodwill and charity hopefully one month of the year.. Take care , Merry christmas to all and to all a good night!! [Big Grin] (Santa will bring you a present Sands if you start to play nicer, but I have a feeling even before you reverted all you ever got was coal in the stocking [Razz] [Wink] )
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Merry Christmas rumi [Big Grin]

--------------------

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv: (Santa will bring you a present Sands if you start to play nicer, but I have a feeling even before you reverted all you ever got was coal in the stocking [Razz] [Wink] ) [/QB]
I don't have a chimney in my flat whereby he could fit his fat @@@ through even if there was such as thing in reality called Santa Claus..

You guys work hard all day and night (slaving actually) and you lie to your kids that some fat man dressed in a suit with raindeer is going to bring them presents..giving Santa Claus all the credit for your hard work...How stupid and foolish.

The worst part is that some of you are liars to your children..you lie each and every year..shame on you!

And you want to make fun of the sandman..LOL

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sands, as a former Christian I can tell you that it is really fun for the kids. The best memories I have of my childhood is that part, I hardly remember attending midnight mass church services, it was all about Santa Claus and it really is a magical time for children.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I hope all of the ES Christians have a lovely and wonderful Chistmas!

We are not Christians but also celebrate Christmas!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our family celebrated everything back in the day [Big Grin] .
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Sands, as a former Christian I can tell you that it is really fun for the kids. The best memories I have of my childhood is that part, I hardly remember attending midnight mass church services, it was all about Santa Claus and it really is a magical time for children.

I agree.

Smucks did you decide to go to church tonight or not?

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Muslim celebrating the Christmas "The magical time of the year!"

And we wonder why Islaam is such a mess.

Muslimeen promoting Kufr and Shirk and encouraging one another in Kufr and Shirk. Those who profess tawheed but believing in the magical time of the year. Astagfirullah, Astagfirullah, Astagfirullah.

Very few here see nothing wrong in it celebrating kufr and shirk and they sit by quietly and keep their mouths shut while the Muslimeen are being looked at while at the same time acting like idiots celebrating the festivals of kufr and shirk like it's normal and part of their deen. The flagbearers of truth, raising the flag of kufr and shirk.

Allah forbid for the one who goes against the status quo.

I pray that Allah will one day bring back honor to Islaam and the Muslimeen!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com