EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Merry Christmas! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Merry Christmas!
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I no longer celebrate Christmas but I can still remember how it was.

Ayisha, they don't celebrate it here for another 2 weeks or so. [Wink] I doubt I will go though, my husband is sure we'll be lynched.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas Everyone!

The tree is up!

The lights are on the house!

The cookies are in the oven!

The presents are under the tree!

The kids are buzzing with excitement!

The family is all coming over for prime rib and dungeness crab on Christmas Day!

I hope EVERYONE who enjoys the spirit of the season, whether for religous or mere merriment of tradition has a wonderful and peaceful holiday.

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds nice [Smile] , humanist. Have a wonderful time too.
My kids wanted a special 'present' this year; since yesterday we have two cute, little rabbits. [Smile]
One is a very adventurous one, one sits still in his cot (not sure about this word) enjoying his food. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gab
Member # 14577

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:
quote:
Originally posted by Rumicrazieluv: (Santa will bring you a present Sands if you start to play nicer, but I have a feeling even before you reverted all you ever got was coal in the stocking [Razz] [Wink] )

I don't have a chimney in my flat whereby he could fit his fat @@@ through even if there was such as thing in reality called Santa Claus..

You guys work hard all day and night (slaving actually) and you lie to your kids that some fat man dressed in a suit with raindeer is going to bring them presents..giving Santa Claus all the credit for your hard work...How stupid and foolish.

The worst part is that some of you are liars to your children..you lie each and every year..shame on you!

And you want to make fun of the sandman..LOL [/QB]

Is this nonsens truh

Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number 380
'And was at a distance of but two bow-lengths or (even) nearer. So did Allah convey the Inspiration to His slave (Gabriel) and then he (Gabriel) conveyed that to Muhammad.' (53.10) He said, "Abdullah (bin Mas'ud) informed us that Muhammad had seen Gabriel with six hundred wings."
Volume 1, Book 11, Number 660
The Prophet said, "Isn't he who raises his head before the Imam afraid that Allah may transform his head into that of a donkey or his figure (face) into that of a donkey?"
Q. 72: 8
“And (the Jinn who had listened to the Qur'an said): We had sought the heaven but had found it filled with strong warders and meteors.
And we used to sit on places (high) therein to listen. But he who listeneth now findeth a flame in wait for him;"

Q. 67: 5
“And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.” [Big Grin]

Posts: 366 | From: some day | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gab
Member # 14577

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
allah lie to you ...sands [Razz] you poor nutcase
Posts: 366 | From: some day | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiled
Member # 14410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Sounds nice [Smile] , humanist. Have a wonderful time too.
My kids wanted a special 'present' this year; since yesterday we have two cute, little rabbits. [Smile]
One is a very adventurous one, one sits still in his cot (not sure about this word) enjoying his food. [Big Grin]

when you tire of the mess they'll make - don't be shy to ask for rabbit soup recipe.

or we can just make some rabbit molokheya.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and happy holidays to those who don't!

Here's to a great and peaceful new year! [Smile]

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by humanist:
Merry Christmas Everyone!

The tree is up!

The lights are on the house!

The cookies are in the oven!

The presents are under the tree!

The kids are buzzing with excitement!

The family is all coming over for prime rib and dungeness crab on Christmas Day!

I hope EVERYONE who enjoys the spirit of the season, whether for religous or mere merriment of tradition has a wonderful and peaceful holiday.

Beautiful post, humanist. We are already done with the dinner and giving presents out.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:

My kids wanted a special 'present' this year; since yesterday we have two cute, little rabbits.

Are you trying to get them fat for Christmas dinner next year??? [Big Grin] Just kidding.... LOL!! [Wink]

Merry Christmas to you and your family too! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Presents, presents... This is what I like the most hahaha - going now to collect them!!! [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Have fun, Makbeta, and Merry Christmas!! [Smile]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Ayisha, they don't celebrate it here for another 2 weeks or so. [Wink] I doubt I will go though, my husband is sure we'll be lynched.

Duh!! of course they dont. silly me [Big Grin] I'm still going on 25th Dec and a lot of people here are too [Big Grin] been out for a meal with friends and shopping after. Never had so many 'Cul senna wa enta tayeebs' or 'Merry chritmases' in one night [Big Grin] from Chritians AND many Muslims [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politically Incorrect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas greetings from 138 Moslem signatories to leading Christian recipients.
Posts: 374 | From: men gheir laff w dawaran | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Show me the examples of the Salaf greeting non-Muslims on thier so called holidays..OK OK, just show me one example, how's that!

I will if you show me one example of the salaf posting on the internet, just one example, hows that [Big Grin]
Inshaa Allah I'm done replying to you (Ayisha) on this thread. No need to debate or aruge any further.

I have present the fatwa from Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) one whom I am sure understood the Quran and ahadeeth better than you and I without a doubt. It (the fatwa) has served a purpose for those who want to benefit from it.

That's bullshit, why should Shaykh Utahaymeen understand the quran and ahadeeth more than us. Why do we muslims always rely on the opinion of sheiks and so called "religous figures" to tell us what islam is about. We are all educated intelligent people and we can read the quran and ahadeeth and make up our own decisions.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 1st two words out of your filthy move shows the make-up of your mashaa Allah character.

Two reasons why:

1. By the grace of Allah, Allah gave him the ability to learn and study the Quran and Ahadeeth professionally. Unlike you that's the path that he has choosen verse being a Engineer, Lawyer or Doctor.

2. Why you're off in Sydney working in whatever field you are working in (if you are working or not), Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) worked in the field of Islamic studies, that was his profession. Just like you have one, he had one also and his was Islam.

Again the 1st two words from your filthy move tell us just how religious you are. I am sure you have never heard Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) say what you have managed to say in two seconds.

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rasul Allah – The Messenger of God
Jesus in Islam

There are many differences between Islam and Christianity, but also similarities; Jesus has a significant role for Muslims too. Aiman Mazyek on the Islamic prophet known as Isa in the Koran

In the Koran, Jesus is one of the five great prophets One of the key aims of inter-religious dialogue is to highlight similarities alongside differences. In the Christian-Islamic dialogue, this can be done very effectively using the examples of Jesus Christ and the Virgin Mary. Both the prophet Jesus and his mother Mary are held in high regard within Islam.

A whole "Sura", a section of the Koran, is named after Mary. The prophet Muhammed said of her, "Allah hath chosen thee and purified thee, chosen thee above the women of all nations." According to Islamic teachings Mary's pregnancy is a sign from God. In Sura 3, verse 45 Mary turns to her creator shocked and asks, "My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal hath touched me?"

And so in this miraculous way Jesus was born at the command of God, who had also produced the first human being, Adam, without an earthly father. In the Koran we read "The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: 'Be.' And he was." (Sura 3, 59)

High esteem accorded to Jesus within Islam

Muslims respect and look up to Jesus, treating him with the same esteem and honour reserved for the other messengers of God. The faithful, says the Koran, "believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His messengers. We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His messengers." (Sura 2, 285) "His books" includes the Torah and the gospels, which Muslims believe in as the word of God sent down to earth.

The also explains why Muslims feel offended when he is sometimes represented in an insulting manner in films and caricatures, or when his honour is discredited in books. Many Muslims feel just as much sadness or outrage at the denigration of Jesus as they would if it were Mohammed.

Both Christians and Muslims believe in a God who created us human beings, the world and the universe and who knows the beginning and the end. Muslims however believe that God is and remains one and indivisible (Sura 5, 116) Jesus, unlike in Christian teachings, is not the son of God:

"It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be', and it is." (Sura 19, 35)

"I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave"

Jesus is God's messenger to his own people, the Jews, and so he is called Mahdi (messiah) and will walk on this earth once more before the day of resurrection.

All the prophets, including the prophet Jesus, are marked with wounds. In the Koran, Jesus speaks to his people: "I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord." At the end of the same verse we read, "I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by Allah's leave." (Sura 3, 49)

There is one other fundamental difference between Christianity and Islam's view of Jesus Christ. According to Islam, Jesus of Nazareth did not die on the cross. Jesus' enemies wanted to hurt him but, as it says in the Koran, "they plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah." (Sura 8, 30)

And later: "They said (in boast), 'We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah,' but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them." (Sura 4, 157)

Most interpreters of the Koran understand these words to mean that the man crucified and killed by Jesus' enemies only appeared to be Jesus, but was in fact someone else. Ultimately the Koran says, "Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise." (Sura 4, 158)

When Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus at Christmas, it is also a happy day for Muslims, due to the great respect Isa enjoys within Islam.

© Ayman Mazyek/Qantara.de 2007

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not one (I'm going to say it again) NOT ONE example of the Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalaam celebrating Isa bin Maryaam (Jesus) (RA) birthday nor NOT a single example of the Salaf doing so. This show the importance of why the Rasulullah Muhammad ibn Abdullah sallallahu alayhi wassalam and his companions did NOT celebrate Christmas!

If it was that important or had any signficance you bet there would have been an authentic hadeeth informing Muslims to do so..

Sorry the proof is in the pudding.

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I have present the fatwa from Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) one whom I am sure understood the Quran and ahadeeth better than you and I without a doubt. It (the fatwa) has served a purpose for those who want to benefit from it.

Yeah right. That's why he arrived at those amazing conclusions, for example that women driving cars *leads to many evils*, such as *women losing their modesty* or *a divorced woman going where she wants, whenever she wants and however she wants, for whatever purpose she wants*... or that women should be *perfected* by cutting off their genitals and thus *reducing their desire*.

(http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=45880&ln=eng
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=9412&ln=eng)

I'm sure it took him decades of studying religion to arrive at those deep and meaningful insights. How can us small human beings dare competing with such intelligence and commitment to truth and justice?

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

How can us small human beings dare competing with such intelligence and commitment to truth and justice?

[Roll Eyes] [/qb]

Sorry Dalia..Everyone here knows "You" can't. Shouldn't you having Christmas dinner somehere? Did you get your "Merry Christmas" PM from Ayisha?
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Shouldn't you having Christmas dinner somehere?

In Germany christmas dinner is served on the evening of the 24th.
It's 3.30. Hardly dinner time, I'd say.

[Wink]

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

1. Afrikaans - Geseende Kerfees en 'n gelukkigenuwe jaar
2. Bahasa/Malaysia - Selamat Hari Natal dan Tahun Baru
3. Albanian - Gëzuar Krishlindjet Vitin e Ri!
4. Arabic - I'D Miilad Said ous Sana Saida
5. Aramaic - Edo bri'cho o rish d'shato brich'to!
6. Armenian - Shenoraavor Nor Dari yev Soorp Janunt
7. Basque - Zorionak eta Urte Berri On!
8. Belorussian - Winshuyu sa Svyatkami i z Novym godam!
9. Bengali - Shuvo Baro Din - Shuvo Nabo Barsho
10. Bohemian/Czech - Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a Stastny novy rok
11. Bulgarian - Chestita Koleda i Shtastliva Nova Godina
12. Cantonese - Seng Dan Fai Lok, Sang Nian Fai Lok
13. Creole/Seychelles - Bonn e Erez Ane
14. Croatian - Sretan Bozic
15. Danish - Glædelig Jul og godt nytår
16. Dutch - Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!
17. Egyptian - Colo sana wintom tiebeen
18. Eritrean - Rehus-Beal-Ledeat
19. Estonian - Rõõmsaid Jõulupühi ja Head uut aastat
20. Farsi - Sal-e no mubarak
21. Fijian - Me Nomuni na marau ni siga ni sucu dei na yabaki vou
22. Finnish - Hyvää Joulua or Hauskaa Joulua - 0nnellista uutta vuotta
23. Flemish - Zalig Kerstfeest en Gelukkig nieuw jaar
24. French - Joyeux Noël et Bonne Année!
25. Georgian - Gilotsavt Krist'es Shobas & Gilosavt akhal ts'els
26. German - Fröhliche Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr!
27. Greek - Kala Christougenna Ki'eftihismenos O Kenourios Chronos
28. Greenlandic - Juullimi Ukiortaassamilu Pilluarit
29. Hawaiian - Mele Kalikimaka & Hauoli Makahiki Hou
30. Hebrew - Mo'adim Lesimkha. Shanah Tova
31. Hindi - Shubh Naya Baras
32. Hmong - Nyob Zoo Xyoo Tahiab
33. Hungarian - Kellemes karácsonyi ünnepeket és Boldog újévet!
34. Icelandic - Gleðileg Jól og Farsaelt Komandi ár!
35. Indonesian - Selamat Hari Natal & Selamat Tahun Baru
36. Iraqi - Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah
37. Irish - Nollaig Shona Dhuit
38. Italian - Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo
39. Japanese - Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
40. Javanese - Sugeng Natal lan warsa enggal
41. Kashmiri - Christmas Id Mubarak
42. Korean Sung Tan Chuk Ha
43. Kurdish - Seva piroz sahibe u sersala te piroz be
44. Latin - Pax hominibus bonae voluntatis
45. Latvian - Prieci'gus Ziemsve'tkus un Laimi'gu Jauno Gadu!+
46. Lebanese - Milad Saeed wa Sanaa Mubarakah
47. Lithuanian - Linksmu Kaledu ir laimingu Nauju metu
48. Macedonian - Srekan Bozik I Nova Godina
49. Malayan - Selamat Hari Natal
50. Maltese - Nixtieqlek Milied Tajjeb u Sena Tajba
51. Mandarin - Kung His Hsin Nien bing Chu Shen Tan
52. Maori - Kia orana e kia manuia rava i teia Kiritimeti e te Mataiti Ou
53. Maya/Yucateco - Utzul mank'inal
54. Mongolian - Zul saryn bolon shine ony mend devshuulye
55. Nepali - krist Yesu Ko Shuva Janma Utsav Ko Upalaxhma Hardik Shuva & Naya Barsa Ko harkik Shuvakamana
56. Norweigan/Nynorsk - Eg ynskjer hermed Dykk alle ein God Jul og Godt Nyttår
57. Norweigan/Bokmål - God Jul og Godt Nyttår
58. Polish - Wesolych Swiat i Szczesliwego Nowego Roku.
59. Portuguese - Boas Festas e um feliz Ano Novo
60. Punjabi - Nave sal di mubaraka
61. Romanian - Craciun fericit si un An Nou fericit!
62. Russian - Pozdrevlyayu s prazdnikom Rozhdestva i s Novim Godom
63. Samoan - Ia manuia le Kilisimasi ma le tausaga fou
64. Scots Gaelic - Nollaig chridheil agus Bliadhna mhath ur!
65. Serbian - Sretan Bozic. Vesela Nova Godine
66. Sicilian - Bon Natali e Prosperu Annu Novu !
67. Somali - ciid wanaagsan iyo sanad cusub oo fiican.
68. Slovakian - Vesele Vianoce a stastny novy rok
69. Slovene - Vesele bozicne praznike in srecno novo leto
70. Spanish - Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo
71. Sudanese - Wilujeng Natal Sareng Warsa Enggal
72. Swahili - ºKrismas Njema Na Heri Za Mwaka Mpyaº
73. Swedish - God Jul och Gott Nytt År
74. Tahitian - Ia ora i te Noere e ia ora na i te matahiti 'api
75. Thai - Suksan Wan Christmas lae Sawadee Pee Mai
76. Turkish - Noeliniz Ve Yeni Yiliniz Kutlu Olsun
77. Ukrainian - Veseloho Vam Rizdva i Shchastlyvoho Novoho Roku!
78. Vietnamese - Chuc Mung Giang Sinh - Chuc Mung Tan Nien
79. Welsh - Nadolig LLawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
80. Yiddish - Gute Vaynakhtn un a Gut Nay Yor
81. Zulu - Sinifesela Ukhisimusi Omuhle Nonyaka Omusha Onempumelel

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo !!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buon Natale e un felice anno nuovo from my ancestors homeland [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Politically Incorrect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Undercover:
59. Portuguese - Boas Festas e um feliz Ano Novo

Among all the posts you have made, I find this to be the most offensive [Big Grin] . It is Feliz Natal not Boas Festas. [Smile]
Posts: 374 | From: men gheir laff w dawaran | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Not one (I'm going to say it again) NOT ONE example of the Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalaam celebrating Isa bin Maryaam (Jesus) (RA) birthday nor NOT a single example of the Salaf doing so. This show the importance of why the Rasulullah Muhammad ibn Abdullah sallallahu alayhi wassalam and his companions did NOT celebrate Christmas!

If it was that important or had any signficance you bet there would have been an authentic hadeeth informing Muslims to do so..

Sorry the proof is in the pudding.

Not one example of the prophet or his companions ever using a computer, a car or a mobile phone either I expect? Is there an authentic hadith saying you can?
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Duh!! of course they dont. silly me [Big Grin] I'm still going on 25th Dec and a lot of people here are too [Big Grin] been out for a meal with friends and shopping after. Never had so many 'Cul senna wa enta tayeebs' or 'Merry chritmases' in one night [Big Grin] from Chritians AND many Muslims [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Chritians whats this a new religion looks like GREMLINS babys critans [Big Grin]
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The 1st two words out of your filthy move shows the make-up of your mashaa Allah character.

Two reasons why:

1. By the grace of Allah, Allah gave him the ability to learn and study the Quran and Ahadeeth professionally. Unlike you that's the path that he has choosen verse being a Engineer, Lawyer or Doctor.

2. Why you're off in Sydney working in whatever field you are working in (if you are working or not), Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) worked in the field of Islamic studies, that was his profession. Just like you have one, he had one also and his was Islam.

Again the 1st two words from your filthy move tell us just how religious you are. I am sure you have never heard Shaykh Uthaymeen (RA) say what you have managed to say in two seconds.

BULLSHIT. and hey man doesn't islam encourage NOT judging people, don't you think that repeatedly using the words "your filthy mouth" is a bit judgmental. And by the way you are the one with the filthy mouth, you are the one who came into a nice cheerful thread and turned it into an awful argument. You are the one who called the entire USA Kafra, HOW DARE YOU! Only god decides who is Kafir and who is not NOT YOU. And by they way I'm not "off working in Sydney" I live in Sydney with my husband.

Back to the topic at hand. That Sheikh and others have their own backgrounds, cultural beliefs and opinions and they reflect this in their fatwas. That's why it is extremely important for every muslim to study the religoin and decide for themselves. IT IS THEIR DUTY. Besides that sheikh is not god or the Prophet (Pbuh) and I have a right to disagree with the interpretation of the text, especially when as I said I can read and write, and I can see that there's nothing in there that proves that what he is saying is right.

By the way this dependence on the opinions of religous figures, is what led to the downfall of Christianity. You should read history my dear fellow. And if we continue depending on them for the truth, it will unfortunatly, lead to the downfall of Islam too.

Ps: There was a fatwa a few months ago in Rose El Youssef about how a man should never sit in a chair immediatly after a woman because her body warmth is still there and it's sexually stimulating. Are you trying to tell me that I should assume that this Sheikh "has spent his whole life studying Islam while I was off working in Sydney" and assume he's right?. Every day there are ridiculous fatwas coming up (including the one you destroyed this thread with) and they are all BULLSHIT.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:

BULLSHIT. and hey man doesn't islam encourage NOT judging people, don't you think that repeatedly using the words "your filthy mouth" is a bit judgmental. And by the way you are the one with the filthy mouth, you are the one who came into a nice cheerful thread and turned it into an awful argument. You are the one who called the entire USA Kafra, HOW DARE YOU! Only god decides who is Kafir and who is not NOT YOU. And by they way I'm not "off working in Sydney" I live in Sydney with my husband.

Back to the topic at hand. That Sheikh and others have their own backgrounds, cultural beliefs and opinions and they reflect this in their fatwas. That's why it is extremely important for every muslim to study the religoin and decide for themselves. IT IS THEIR DUTY. Besides that sheikh is not god or the Prophet (Pbuh) and I have a right to disagree with the interpretation of the text, especially when as I said I can read and write, and I can see that there's nothing in there that proves that what he is saying is right.

By the way this dependence on the opinions of religous figures, is what led to the downfall of Christianity. You should read history my dear fellow. And if we continue depending on them for the truth, it will unfortunatly, lead to the downfall of Islam too.

Ps: There was a fatwa a few months ago in Rose El Youssef about how a man should never sit in a chair immediatly after a woman because her body warmth is still there and it's sexually stimulating. Are you trying to tell me that I should assume that this Sheikh "has spent his whole life studying Islam while I was off working in Sydney" and assume he's right?. Every day there are ridiculous fatwas coming up (including the one you destroyed this thread with) and they are all BULLSHIT.

Such an eloquent response and from a Egyptian Muslimah (A Muslim woman) at that. Masha Allah. End of discussion (for me).
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
*7ayat* thanks sister and you are absolutely right, but its falling on deaf ears in sands, deaf and blind as it says.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
*7ayat* thanks sister and you are absolutely right, but its falling on deaf ears in sands, deaf and blind as it says.

You are always like the cheerleader for the quacks here on ES.

I hope you advised her about her filthy mouth in a private PM.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
sands thats twice I have seen you mention my PM's, have you been looking in them? If you have you will find I have not pm'd 7ayat nor have I given Merry Christmas wishes to Dalia, I wished everyone a Merry Christmas in here. I have also told you about your mouth in here.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by WindBetweenEars:
Duh!! of course they dont. silly me [Big Grin] I'm still going on 25th Dec and a lot of people here are too [Big Grin] been out for a meal with friends and shopping after. Never had so many 'Cul senna wa enta tayeebs' or 'Merry chritmases' in one night [Big Grin] from Chritians AND many Muslims [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [/qb]

quote:
Chritians
whats this a new religion looks like GREMLINS babys critans [Big Grin]
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] sorry, over enthusiastic on the keyboard. Here is the missing letter s
WindyOniyah
Member # 13344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WindyOniyah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WindBetweenEars:

quote:
Chritians
whats this a new religion looks like GREMLINS babys critans [Big Grin]
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] sorry, over enthusiastic on the keyboard. Here is the missing letter s [/QB]
Thats so much better i was worried we had competition AGAINST our beloved Islam .
Posts: 370 | From: I luv me Glasses :) | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You are always like the cheerleader for the quacks here on ES.

I hope you advised her about her filthy mouth in a private PM.

La2 enta eli kalamak beyna2t 3asal! You called an entire country kafra we al eh za3lan 3ashan I used the word bullshit. Typical.
Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

One of the advantages of celebrating Christmas in January: You get to do your Christmas shopping during After-Christmas Sales, which have some of the best bargains around. [Smile]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

FOUR STAGES OF LIFE

1) You believe in Santa Claus.

2) You don’t believe in Santa Claus.

3) You are Santa Claus.

4) You look like Santa Claus.

Politically Incorrect
Member # 14181

quote:
FOUR STAGES OF LIFE

1) You believe in Santa Claus.

2) You don’t believe in Santa Claus.

3) You are Santa Claus.

4) You look like Santa Claus.

LOL!

Happy 2008.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com