EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » a story of a great Muslim woman by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: a story of a great Muslim woman by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by joueur ( Hocus Pocus):
Ayisha, Allah ( azz wa Jall) honours the Sahaba ( the companions) of the prophet in Quran and honours the people who are following them in the following Verse. Do you think you will be better in knowledge than The companions? Do you think you can Judge Them after Allah had declared his pleasure of them?

No joueur im not judging the companions im saying I dont believe that story happened. The prophet or the companions did not go against God and the companions did not treat the prophet as a god either. The verse I quoted said not to withold food that Allah has provided for them from a child. It also says 'inventing lies against Allah' so from that I would take that story as a lie against Allah

Lost are those who slay their children, from folly, without knowledge, and forbid food which Allah hath provided for them, inventing (lies) against Allah. They have indeed gone astray and heeded no guidance.

quote:

The following verse is for people rejecting the Prophet decision ( in which He approves what that faithful female companion did)

(4:65) But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you (O Muhammad SAW) judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.

this verse is nothing to do with that, it is to do with all the laws Allah gave in sura 4, if there was dispute amongst the people regarding those laws then Muhammed would sort it out from the Laws in Quran, read 4:64 before it.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joueur, dalia is right you are changing the subject and this thread has still not shown in any way that the sheikh has any respect for women, you have purposefully avoided those questions regarding what this man actually does say about women.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joueur ( Hocus Pocus)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=11787&ln=eng

The virtues of Faatimah the daughter of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)

Question:
I hear that Fatima (ra) and Ali (ra) had a daughter in addition to Hassan (ra) and Hussein (ra), but I know nothing else about her. Could you tell us something about her please, like how her life was, and whether she had any role in Islamic history, etc.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Faatimah, the daughter of the leader of mankind, Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), al-Qurashiyyah al-Haashimiyyah, Umm al-Hasanayn [the mother of al-Hasan and al-Husayn]. She was born shortly before the beginning of the Mission of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and she married ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib (may Allaah be pleased with him) after the battle of Badr.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) loved her and honoured her. She was patient, devoted to Islam, generous, chaste, devout and thankful to Allaah.

When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died, she grieved and wept for him, and said, “O my father, to Jibreel we tell the news of his death, O my father, he answered the call of his Lord, O my father, in Paradise is his eternal abode.”

Faatimah’s speech most closely resembled that of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “I never saw anyone whose speech more closely resembled that of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) than Faatimah. When she entered upon him, he would stand up to greet her, kiss her and welcome her, and she would do the same for him.”

Faatimah lived for six months after the death of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). She was buried at night. Al-Waaqidi said: this is the most correct view. He said, al-‘Abbaas prayed (the funeral prayer) for her, and he, ‘Ali and al-Fadl lowered her into her grave. Her sons were al-Hasan and al-Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with them) and her daughters were Umm Kulthoom, who was wed by ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him), and Zaynab who was wed by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ja’far ibn Abi Taalib.

It was narrated from Masrooq that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “Faatimah came walking in the manner of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Welcome, O my daughter.’ Then he seated her to his right or to his left, then he said something privately to her and she wept. I said to her, ‘Why are you weeping?’ Then he said something privately to her and she smiled. I said, ‘I have never seen anything like that which I have seen today, of joy so close to grief.’ I asked her what he had said, and she said, ‘I would not disclose the secret of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).’ When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) passed away, I asked her and she said, ‘He told me, “Jibreel used to review the Qur’aan with me once every year, but this year he has reviewed it with me twice, so I know that my appointed time (of death) is approaching. And you will be the first of my family to join me.” So I wept. Then he said, “Would it not please you to be the leader of the women of Paradise or the women of the believers?” So I smiled.’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-Manaaqib, 3353)

Among the things that prove her virtue is that which was reported in al-Saheehayn from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood, that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray at the Ka’bah, and Abu Jahl and his companions were sitting there. They said to one another, ‘Who will bring the intestines of the camel of So and so and put it on Muhammad’s back when he prostrates?’ So the most wretched of people went and brought it and waited until the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prostrated, then he put it on his back, between his shoulders. I was watching but I could not help him because I did not have any power. They started laughing and leaning against one another (because of their laughter), and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was prostrating and did not raise his head until Faatimah came and removed it from his back. Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) raised his head, and said, ‘O Allaah, deal with Quraysh,’ three times. They became worried when he prayed against them, because they used to believe that du’aa’s made in that land would be answered…”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 233; Muslim, 3349)

Among her virtues was also that which was narrated in al-Saheehayn, that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Faatimah is a part of me, and whoever angers her, angers me.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3437; Muslim, 4483)

And Allaah knows best.

See Nuzhat al-Fudalaa’ Tahdheeb Siyar A’laam al-Nubalaa’, 1/116

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Posts: 338 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
joueur. why dont you answer the questions raised? This man shows no respect to women. It's no good posting stories of the sahabah as he is not really giving an 'opinion' on them, he is just 'relating' stories. He would 'have' to show respect for any of the prophets wives or daughters anyway.

Show us ONE incident where he shows any respect for 'ordinary' women nowdays.

--------------------

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for joueur ( Hocus Pocus)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=65682&ln=eng
Posts: 338 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Errrmmm ... yes?

Do you mind giving us a clue why you believe the text in that link nullifies the misogyny and blasphemy of statements such as Allaah has made men superior to women?

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
"Superior" has a lot of meanings , Dalia
I think "superior" means greater in quantity.
We can interpret this statement according to the fact that Men are commanded to pray more than women as women are excused during the periods.
It is not a misogyny or blasphemy statement at all.
As I have told you before we have to understand the exact intention of the person before we Judge.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"Superior" has a lot of meanings , Dalia

Yeah right! [Roll Eyes]

If I read "superior" in conjunction with the following statements there is very little room for interpreting "superior" as "greater in quantity", I'd say:

the gender of men is more perfect than the gender of women.

men are better than women, because the masculine is honour and perfection, whereas the feminine naturally has something lacking physically.

men are better than women in and of themselves

they are superior in physical nature, attitude, status, obedience to the commands of Allaah

men excel women because they have more powers of reason and religious commitment

Men are more intelligent and have a better ability to distinguish right from wrong.

Men have the advantage of being more wise and more capable of management

Scientific and specialized studies have shown that men's minds are more perfect than those of women, and reality and experience bear witness to that.

a man is inherently better than a woman, and he is superior to her because he spends on her.

he is the leader and head of the household, the one who disciplines her

men are different in intellectual terms, for men are known for their strength of understanding and their memory as compared to women. Women are weaker than men in memory and forget more than men do.

Allaah has made men superior to women

Women are imperfect

a woman is like a slave or prisoner of her husband

Two women are to take the place of one man because women are lacking in reason.

women are affected by the slightest emotional effects, so their tears flow at the slightest emotional provocation.

The husband is the master (sayyid) according to the Book of Allaah

he is more perfect in rational thinking than her in most cases

her husband has the right to set her straight and discipline her.

The husband is physically stronger and is more wise than the wife.

he is stronger and more able to earn a living

obedience to the husband is obligatory

Let the woman beware of incurring her husband’s wrath because this will lead to Allaah’s being angry with her.

In cases where a distinction is made between the sexes, the Muslim regards that as a mercy from Allaah and a sign of His knowledge of His creation, but the arrogant kaafir sees it as oppression and injustice, so he stubbornly insists on claiming that men and women are the same. ... He stubbornly ignores the weakness of women and how they bleed during their monthly period, and he stubbornly beat his head against the rock of reality.

*shake head in disbelief*

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Your statements are in Bold, Dalia

"Perfect" means "exactly fitting the need in a certain situation " and We can say that Men are more fitting in certain situation than women. It depends on the intention of The sheikh.

Should I reply in each statement in Details.
Each statement should be interpreted in the correct intention of the Sheikh? Be careful! Don't get them Wrong.

There are also neutralizing matriarchal points you should mention to make the balance.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget it, joueur. I have eyes to read and a brain to think, and I very clearly understand those statements. Please don't embarrass yourself by trying to twist words and claiming that those statements don't mean what they are clearly saying.

Saying that "Allah has made men superior to women" is a very clear blasphemy in my eyes, no ifs and buts. There is no talking away or explaining away statements like this!

Sorry joueur, but reading your last posts seriously reminded me of "The Emperor's New Clothes".

The things this man is saying / writing are so incredible, so disgusting, so wrong, twisted and blatantly derogatory; it is a complete mystery to me how anyone can be able to deny this, excuse it or try to explain it away. I will pray for you that you will be able to open your eyes and stop denying the things that are going wrong one day.

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
You just said it.
quote:
Saying that "Allah has made men superior to women" is a very clear blasphemy in my eyes
It does mean that you are judging by your eyes which are not an accurate measure.
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Joueur, this story is saying this woman forbade her new baby any food until she had seen the prophet, so this sheikh is actually saying that she thought more of the prophet than Allah, as Allah says;

YUSUFALI: Lost are those who slay their children, from folly, without knowledge, and forbid food which Allah hath provided for them, inventing (lies) against Allah. They have indeed gone astray and heeded no guidance.

Researchers in rural Ghana, where early initiation of breastfeeding was not the norm, found that babies who started to breastfed in the first hour of life were more likely to survive the neonatal period than those who did not.

• Babies who did not start breastfeeding until after 24 hours of age were 2.5 times more likely to die than babies who started within the first hour of life, whether they were partially or exclusively breastfed.

• 30% of babies in the study were fed solids or other milk before one month of age. These infants were 4 times more likely to die than babies who were exclusively breastfed.

• 16% of newborn deaths could be prevented if newborns were breastfed exclusively from day one.

• 22% of newborn deaths could be prevented if newborns initiated breastfeeding within one hour of birth.

Researches done globally also indicate that:

• 36% of all child deaths are neonatal.

• Neonatal mortality could be reduced by 24% if 99% of infants initiated breastfeeding on day 1 of life and by 31% if 99% of initiation was within the first hour.

• Potentially about 30% of newborn deaths (10% of under-five deaths) might be prevented with universal coverage of breastfeeding initiation within the 1st hour.

http://www.unicef.org/iran/media_3907.html

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
The Sunnah of Tahneek

Health in Islam is a state of dynamic equilibrium between body, mind and soul (rooh). Imbalance in this equilibrium leads to ill health. The maintenance of this balance is as prescribed in the Qur'an. Allah Ta'ala says:

We send down (stage by stage) of the Qur'an that which is a healing and mercy to those who believe. (17:82)

The words of Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) prescribing medicine are specific and yet all encompassing. The Sunnah (way of life or example) pertaining to health are numerous and comprehensive, relating to preventative, curative and restorative aspects of health. There are great lessons in health for us in the Prophet's (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) eating habits, sleeping habits, personal hygiene, fasting and every aspect of life.

The Sunnah of putting something sweet in a newborn's mouth has special pain relieving properties which are proven scientifically.

It is a long established practice among Muslim parents to put a piece of well chewed date (or other available sweet fruit) in the mouth of a new born baby. Muslims do this following the practice of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), believing him to be, as the Qur'an says, sent as a healing and as a mercy to mankind. We may infer from the way which this custom originated that there is a virtue in it. Complimentary to the virtue and pleasure of following the Sunnah (the practice of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) placing a 'sugary substance' inside the mouth of a new born baby dramatically reduces pain sensation and heart rate. An interesting scientific medical study, published in the British Medical Journal (No 6993,10 June 1995), proved beyond any doubt the benefit of giving a newborn child sugar, in order to reduce the feeling of any painful procedure like heel pricking for a blood sample or before circumcision.

The study, entitled 'The analgesic effect of Sucrose in full term infants: a randomise controlled trial', was done by Nora Christopher Wood, Gillian Griffiths and Malcolm Levene, in the post-natal ward in the Leeds General Infirmary in England. 60 healthy infants of gestational age 37-42 weeks and post-natal age of 1-6 days, were randomised to receive 2ml of one of the four solutions: - 12.5% sucrose, 25% sucrose and sterile water (control).

The first group of thirty babies received Sugar syrup before a routine blood test (heel pricking, which is usually painful) done to detect jaundice.

The other 30 babies were given only sterile water as a control group. Placing 2ml of a 25% or 50% sucrose solution on the tongue before pricking the heel significantly reduced the crying time, compared to babies who got water.

In addition, their heart rate returned to normal more quickly. The stronger sugar solution had the greater effect, crying reduced further with increasing concentration of sucrose. From which we may conclude that sucrose (sugar), placed on the tongue may be useful and safe form of analgesia for use with newborn infants.

Blass and Hoffmeyer also showed that 12% solution of inter-oral sucrose significantly reduced the duration of crying in newborn babies subjected in new heel pricking, or circumcision. This study was reported in the Independent newspaper (Friday, 9 June 1995) as well as in the British Medical Journal article.

The practice of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is recorded in the collections of his sayings and reports about him, of which the most revered are the two Saheeh collections of Bukhari and Muslim: Abu Buradah reported from Abu Moosa (radhiallahu anhu), who said: 'I had a newborn baby, I took him to the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) who called him Ibraheem. The Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) chewed a date then he took it and rubbed the inside of the baby's mouth with it.'

The date contains the very high percentage of sugar (70-80%); it has both fructose, and glucose, which have high calorific values, it is easily and quickly digestible, and very helpful to the brain. The date contains 2.2% protein, vitamin A, and it has traces of minerals needed for the body such as potassium, sodium, calcium, iron, manganese and copper.

Potassium, of which percentage is very high, has been found to be very effective for cases of haemorrhage, such as the occasions of birth or circumcision.

We may note that the Sunnah also commends dates for the breaking of the fast in Ramadhaan. Dates should be eaten, if available before the sunset prayer, this is medically and nutritionally the best way and the Sunnah.

The great worth of dates is also indicated in the famous and beautiful passage of the Qur'aan, Surah Maryam: 'And shake towards you the trunk of the palm tree and it will drop on you fresh ripe dates. So eat, drink, and be comforted.'

This was the prescription of Allah, the Creator, for Maryam (alayhas salaam) at the time of the birth of Eesa (alayhis salaam), The blessed Prophet of Allah. It was a prescription to make a delivery easy and comfortable.

As in the example we have briefly recorded, we believe further research will confirm for those who still doubt the full worth and truth, the wisdom of the teachings of the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

'We shall show them our signs on the furthest, horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. Is it not sufficient that your Lord is witness over all things?' (41:53)

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
We send down (stage by stage) of the Qur'an that which is a healing and mercy to those who believe. (17:82)

Muslims do this following the practice of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam), believing him to be, as the Qur'an says, sent as a healing and as a mercy to mankind.

What???

The Quran is the mercy and healing, not the prophet.

you missed off the end of the verse joueur, "to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss." so if the prophet was the mercy and the healing, does the end of the verse mean if he stuffed a date in someones mouth who was 'unjust' it would kill them??

3 translations of the verse:
YUSUFALI: We send down (stage by stage) in the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss.
PICKTHAL: And We reveal of the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy for believers though it increase the evil-doers in naught save ruin.
SHAKIR: And We reveal of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers, and it adds only to the perdition of the unjust.

The Quran, the Words contained in it, are a Healing and Mercy.

--------------------

Dalia*
Member # 10593

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbOUbexeG40
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:

The practice of the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) is recorded in the collections of his sayings and reports about him, of which the most revered are the two Saheeh collections of Bukhari and Muslim: Abu Buradah reported from Abu Moosa (radhiallahu anhu), who said: 'I had a newborn baby, I took him to the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) who called him Ibraheem. The Prophet (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) chewed a date then he took it and rubbed the inside of the baby's mouth with it.'

None of this indicates that a newborn should be deprived of food for a long time in order to be given a date instead!

I won't deny that dates are very healthy, I know they are, but that is not the point here.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
You just said it.
quote:
Saying that "Allah has made men superior to women" is a very clear blasphemy in my eyes
It does mean that you are judging by your eyes which are not an accurate measure.
Oh, but if Mr. Al Munajjid judges things by his own standards, that's ok? Are you saying his standards are more accurate than mine?
[Roll Eyes]
If he says most women are stupid, inferior, emotional, in need of mutilation etc., that's *accurate*?

I think the whole point here is that you basically agree with him, so you see nothing wrong with his disgusting statements.

Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who can say what is good and what is evil? That is up to the messenger of God to decide.

Muhammad was a moral relativist. For example, the Quran forbids husbands to marry more than four women, but Muhammad received a revelation granting him immunity from this law.

Killing, assisinations, etc are divine if they were practiced by Muhammad and if they advance his cause. If they are practised by non-Muslims they are bad.

“Fight them to eliminate oppression” What oppression? The very existence of people of other beliefs is considered to be oppression. Yet, demanding jizya from non-Muslims is not oppression.

The offspring of moral relativism is hypocrisy.

Many Muslims are genuinely unaware of this duplicity and double standard.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
http://www.islamqa.com/special/index.php?ref=6581&subsite=16&ln=eng
joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
I wrote
(Health in Islam is a state of dynamic equilibrium between body, mind and soul (rooh). Imbalance in this equilibrium leads to ill health. )
Some people among Sahaba neglected somethings related to the Body to increase the soul things.

quote:
Oh, but if Mr. Al Munajjid judges things by his own standards, that's ok? Are you saying his standards are more accurate than mine?

You want to Judge according to your standards which does not fit all cultures and actual intentions of people. Is My point still vague?
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
You want to Judge according to your standards which does not fit all cultures and actual intentions of people. Is My point still vague?

I see. So you are saying the following statements by Mr Al-Munajjid are objective, free of prejudice and "fit all cultures and actual intentions of people"???

men are better than women, because the masculine is honour and perfection, whereas the feminine naturally has something lacking physically.

men are better than women in and of themselves

they are superior in physical nature, attitude, status, obedience to the commands of Allaah

men excel women because they have more powers of reason and religious commitment

Men are more intelligent and have a better ability to distinguish right from wrong.

Men have the advantage of being more wise and more capable of management

Scientific and specialized studies have shown that men's minds are more perfect than those of women, and reality and experience bear witness to that.

a man is inherently better than a woman, and he is superior to her because he spends on her.

he is the leader and head of the household, the one who disciplines her

men are different in intellectual terms, for men are known for their strength of understanding and their memory as compared to women. Women are weaker than men in memory and forget more than men do.

Allaah has made men superior to women

Women are imperfect

a woman is like a slave or prisoner of her husband

Two women are to take the place of one man because women are lacking in reason.

women are affected by the slightest emotional effects, so their tears flow at the slightest emotional provocation.

The husband is the master (sayyid) according to the Book of Allaah

he is more perfect in rational thinking than her in most cases

her husband has the right to set her straight and discipline her.

The husband is physically stronger and is more wise than the wife.

he is stronger and more able to earn a living

obedience to the husband is obligatory

... a man is less patient than a woman when it comes to doing without intercourse. The most disturbing thing for a man is his sexual impulse, so Islam urges women to help their husbands in this regard.

Whether the husband wants to discipline his wife, or forgive her, or take another wife, or divorce her, this is all up to him to choose. Let the woman beware of incurring her husband’s wrath because this will lead to Allaah’s being angry with her.

It is obligatory on slave women and free women alike not to refuse their masters or husbands if they call them, so long as the woman who is called is not menstruating or sick in such a way that intercourse will be harmful to her, or observing an obligatory fast. If she refuses with no excuse, then she is cursed.

She must obey him if he asks her to come to his bed, and that is obligatory upon her. If she refuses to come to his bed, she is a defiant sinner.

God is aware of men's needs. He knows that a man may have just come home, and maybe he desires something or maybe he saw something. He knows what this need is, and this is why he ordered the wife to consent to her husband, even if she is by the stove. Even if she is baking she must consent to him. Moreover, the Prophet Muhammad said to the woman: "Compare yourself to him, he's your paradise and your hell." Imam Ahmad passed this on in his true Hadith. The wife must consent to her husband's wishes and obey him.

The wife in the West is not obligated to do so. Moreover, a wife can be raped by her husband there. They claim that if he has sex with her against her will - this is rape! They consider this rape. They claim she must be willing. They claim that she must want it.

In cases where a distinction is made between the sexes, the Muslim regards that as a mercy from Allaah and a sign of His knowledge of His creation, but the arrogant kaafir sees it as oppression and injustice, so he stubbornly insists on claiming that men and women are the same. ... He stubbornly ignores the weakness of women and how they bleed during their monthly period, and he stubbornly beat his head against the rock of reality.

This is getting really ridiculous; please stop insulting my intelligence, Jouer! [Roll Eyes]

Dalia*
Member # 10593

More quotes from Mr. Al-Munajjid's site which show his deep respect for women and his wonderful understanding of the female psyche and physiology. Masha'allah!

circumcision is Sunnah for both males and females.

circumcision is obligatory for men and is good and mustahabb for women.

Circumcising females is sunnah; it is neither a bad practice or harmful

Circumcision is one of the Sunnahs of the fitrah, and it is for both males and females, except that is it obligatory for males and Sunnah and good in the case of women.

... the fuqaha’ of Islam are agreed that circumcision is prescribed for both males and females ...

Hence the fuqaha’ of all madhhabs are agreed that circumcision for both men and woman is part of the fitrah of Islam and one of the symbols of the faith, and it is something praiseworthy.

From the above it is clear that the circumcision of girls – which is the topic under discussion here – is part of the fitrah of Islam, and the way it is to be done is the method that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained. It is not right to abandon his teachings for the view of anyone else, even if that is a doctor, because medicine is knowledge and knowledge is always developing and changing.

Female circumcision is either obligatory or recommended.

There are reports in the Sunnah which indicate that circumcision for women is prescribed in Islam

it is clear that female circumcision is prescribed in Islam, and that it is one of the Sunnahs of the fitrah and it has a good effect of moderating the individual’s behaviour.

In the case of women, it serves a useful purpose which is to reduce desire. This is seeking perfection, not removing something harmful.

With regard to the wisdom behind the circumcision of women, it is to regulate their desire so it will be moderate.

It takes away excessive libido from women

It prevents unpleasant odours which result from foul secretions beneath the prepuce.

It reduces the incidence of urinary tract infections

It reduces the incidence of infections of the reproductive system.

Circumcision reduces excessive sexual desire.

the purpose of circumcising women is to regulate their desire, because if a woman is not circumcised her desire will be strong. Hence the words “O son of an uncircumcised woman” are used as an insult, because the uncircumcised woman has stronger desire.

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
Alas, my point is still vague. I will try again.
We have to put every statements in its place to get the actual meaning of the writer, we have to question the writer to get the actual meaning before we judge.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
the statements of this writer cannot really give any other meaning joueur, they mean what they say in whatever context you try to dress it up in. Dalia IS questioning the writer.

--------------------

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Thanks, Ayisha.
I think I definitely did try to "get the actual meaning" before judging (i.e., I tried to read as much as possible by the author in order to get an idea of his background, opinions etc.); so I'm not sure what that comment above is supposed to mean.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

When God created woman he was working late on the 6th day.

An angel came by and said: “Why spend so much time on that one?”

And the Lord answered: “Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?"

“She must be washable, but not made of plastic, have more than 200 moving parts which all must be replaceable and she must function on all kinds of food, she must be able to embrace several kids at the same time, give a hug that can heal anything from a bruised knee to a broken heart and she must do all this with only two hands”.

The angel was impressed.

“Just two hands ... impossible!“
And this is the standard model?!
“Too much work for one day ... wait until tomorrow and then complete her“.

“I will not”, said the Lord.
“I am so close to complete this creation, which will be the favourite of my heart”.

“She cures herself when sick and she can work 18 hours a day”.

The angel came nearer and touched the woman.

“But you have made her so soft, Lord”
“She is soft", said the Lord,
“But I have also made her strong. You can’t imagine what she can endure and overcome.“

“Can she think?" the angel asked.

The Lord answered:
“Not only can she think, she can reason and negotiate."

The angel touched the womans cheek ...
“Lord, it seems this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her.”

“She is not leaking ... it’s a tear” the lord corrected the angel

“What’s it for?" asked the angel.

And the Lord said:
“Tears are her way of expressing grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her suffering and her pride.”

This made a big impression on the angel; “Lord, you are genius.
You thought of everything. The woman is indeed marvellous!"

Indeed she is!
Woman has strengths that amazes man.
She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens.
She holds happiness, love and opinions.
She smiles when feeling like screaming.
She sings when she feels like crying, cries when she is happy and laughs when she is afraid.

She fights for what she belives in.
Stands up against injustice.
She doesn’t take “no” for an answer, when she can see a better solution.
She gives herself so her family can thrive. She takes her friend to the doctor if she is afraid.

Her love is unconditional.

She cries when her kids are victorious.
She is happy when her friends do well.
She is glad when she hears of a birth or a wedding.

Her heart is broken when a next of kin or friend dies.
But she finds the strength to get on with life.

She knows that a kiss and a hug can heal a broken heart.

There is only one thing wrong with her:

She forgets what she is worth.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

And the Lord answered: “Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?"

“She must be washable, but not made of plastic, have more than 200 moving parts which all must be replaceable and she must function on all kinds of food, she must be able to embrace several kids at the same time, give a hug that can heal anything from a bruised knee to a broken heart and she must do all this with only two hands”.

The angel was impressed.

“I am so close to complete this creation, which will be the favourite of my heart”.

“But I have also made her strong. You can’t imagine what she can endure and overcome.“

The Lord answered:

“Lord, it seems this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her.”

And the Lord said:
“Tears are her way of expressing grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her suffering and her pride.”

Indeed she is!
She sings when she feels like crying, cries when she is happy and laughs when she is afraid.

She gives herself so her family can thrive. She takes her friend to the doctor if she is afraid.

so true Dalia, this one always brings a tear to my eyes, its lovely
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:

"Perfect" means "exactly fitting the need in a certain situation " and We can say that Men are more fitting in certain situation than women.

I see you used dictionary.com in order to get your definition, but you intentionally ignored the first two definitions:

per·fect

1. conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type: a perfect sphere; a perfect gentleman.

2. excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement: There is no perfect legal code. The proportions of this temple are almost perfect.

3. exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose: a perfect actor to play Mr. Micawber; a perfect saw for cutting out keyholes.

The last definition which you chose does not make sense in the grammatical context of Mr. al-Munajjid's words. If you take a closer look at the definition from dictionary.com, you can see that "perfect" means "exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose" if it is used in conjunction with a noun and referring to a particular task or situation.

The sheikh did NOT say men are more suitable than women for certain tasks in certain situations, he said they are better and more perfect "in and of themselves". He has also made this even clearer by saying that women are lacking in many important things, such as intelligence, religion, wisdom, spirituality, physical capabilites etc.

You're insulting other people's intelligence by trying to use that sort of argument.

Dalia*
Member # 10593

Dalia is better than Joueur in and of herself.

Dalia excels Joueur because she has more powers of reason and religious commitment.

She is more intelligent and has a better ability to distinguish right from wrong.

She has the advantage of being more wise and more capable of management.

Scientific and specialized studies have shown that Dalia's mind is more perfect than that of Joueur, and reality and experience bear witness to that.

Allaah has made Dalia superior to Joueur.

She is more perfect in rational thinking than he in most cases

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

joueur ( Hocus Pocus)
Member # 14353

Rate Member
I have no problem if this is true. All of us know there are variation in the ability of people to comprehend, think, Judge, speak, reasoning,
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia*:

The angel was impressed.

The Lord answered:

And the Lord said:

Indeed she is!

It brought tears to my eyes too.
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* Men are superior at making war and killing his fellow man.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It brought tears to my eyes too.

---------------------------------

me three. [Wink] beautiful Dalia

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

quote:
I have no problem if this is true.

I'm glad we agree. [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com