EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Wave of Homophobia Sweeps the Muslim World (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Wave of Homophobia Sweeps the Muslim World
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rahala:

I do not need it ,All I need is my history which is Islamic/Coptic/Arabic /Ancient Egyptian Hostory .

You see I have a history of about 7000 years which should be studied .

O humankind! Verily! We have created you from a male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that you may know one another. Verily! the noblest among you in the sight of Allah is the most God-fearing. Verily! Allah is The Knower, The Aware.
49:13

Do they not travel through the land, so that their hearts (and minds) may thus learn wisdom and their ears may thus learn to hear? Truly it is not their eyes that are blind, but their hearts which are in their breasts.
22:46

quote:

I really do not need a 200 or 500 civilization which I do not care about except the sceintific production

Scientific achievements are not being created in a vaccum. They are a result of a particular culture and civilization.

European civilization is way older than "200 or 500" years, btw. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
What's up with the obsession with nudist beaches, lol? I remember Bibo used to complain about them all the time as well.
[Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]
People seem to equate nudist beaches with public orgies ... if only they knew how ignorant that makes them look. [Wink]

Nudism, btw., is not a recent phenomenon, but dates back many centuries:

In the fourth century BC, Alexander the Great encountered, in India, wandering groups of naked holy men whom he dubbed the naked philosophers. (Gr gymnos: naked; sophist: knowledge). The philosopher Onesicritus investigated their beliefs and lifestyle. Pyrrho the Sceptic was impressed and incorporated nudity into his philosophy. The Gymnosophists were Hindus, but Jain and Ajivika monks practised nudity as a statement that they had given up all worldly goods.

Nudity was not a new concept to the Greeks as the Olympic Games (founded in 776 BC) were exclusively male and nude events. Gymnastics and gymnasium share the same root (Gr gymnos).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturism

But of course those who think European culture only dates back 200 years, would have never heard about this. Greek philosophy -- who cares about that? [Wink]

Nudity dates back a long time Dalia and in the western world people are even born nude! [Eek!]

what kind of uneducated dumbo thinks European culture only date back 200 years? [Confused]

Could he be talking about America? [Confused]
Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes of_gold, Akmad would think America is 'European culture' [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..and a tidal wave of faggotry sweeps over rahala.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
quote:
Gay Muslim Scholar Shunned by the Faithful

In the Old Testament, Lot was visited by angels looking to see whether there weere any just men in the city of Sodom. When a gang of men appeared at Lot’s door demanding that he turn his visitors over to them so that the mob could rape them, Lot offered the mob his own daughters instead; but the mob insisted that the visitors be handed over.

This is one of the Biblical passages that fundamentalists and anti-gay Christians point to when they condemn gay people for their sexuality.

[b]His conclusion: since the scripture is actually talking about sexual assault, not loving relationships between individuals, and since the Muslim view is that the only forbidden things are those that are specifically identified in scripture, the widespread religious disapproval of gays is misplaced, and mistaken.

I have to admit this area has puzzled me since I became aware that MANY Arab muslims practice this. Here in Egypt it is taken that the men that 'do' to other men are NOT gay and the ones that 'receive' ARE. I think this mentality is rife in all the Arab world. It has puzzled me because of the biblical reference where the wrong-doers are the ones that want to 'do' to the visitors, the visitors being the receivers are not in the wrong and not 'gay'. If this guy is right and the 'wrong' is rape then the entire Arab world is fooked and off to hell! [Eek!] [Big Grin]
Here is another:
quote:
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of_gold

As usual another good post by you.

The truth is not to hate the homosexual, but to hate the sin.

God wants us to love these people, BUT not to tell them that the sin they commit is okay or normal. Thats just wrong thinking. Lets see what the Bible states about love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No greater commandment did God give us then to love thy neighbour as thyself after we love God of course.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
of_gold

God wants us to love these people, BUT not to tell them that the sin they commit is okay or normal. Thats just wrong thinking. Lets see what the Bible states about love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away

No greater commandment did God give us then to love thy neighbour as thyself after we love God of course.

Peace

wasnt that you on the previous page hoping that there are young boys in Islamic heaven? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha

Ayisha, I hope your joking.

Where in ANY of my Posts is me say I hope there is young boys in Islamic Heaven??

Keep your filthy dreams to yourself.

All pedofila whether it's male or female is wrong and is condemed by God. Not my fault that your socalled prophet could not resist in indulging one of his many perversions.

Grow up. Your attitude is pathetic, but not unexpected by you.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Ayisha

Ayisha, I hope your joking.

Where in ANY of my Posts is me say I hope there is young boys in Islamic Heaven??

Keep your filthy dreams to yourself.

not my dreams King but they seem to be yours, it was you that has brought this up before and you that jumped in with 'wow' when the other poster said the very same words you had before, suspiscious to say the least. [Wink]

quote:
All pedofila whether it's male or female is wrong and is condemed by God. Not my fault that your socalled prophet could not resist in indulging one of his many perversions.
wrong again king and another one of your dreams and one you love to hang onto no matter how many times you are told its not so.

quote:
Grow up. Your attitude is pathetic, but not unexpected by you.

Peace

now what happened to your hypocritical previous posts of
"1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No greater commandment did God give us then to love thy neighbour as thyself after we love God of course."

not showing a lot of love for your neighbours are you king, all you show is hate. [Wink]

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gay Muslims made homeless by family violence

A UK charity is dealing with an increasing number of young gay Muslims becoming homeless after fleeing forced marriages and so-called honour violence.

During a weekly drop-in group held by the Albert Kennedy Trust in London, Suni, a 20-year-old London student, helps himself to a warm mince pie and a steaming cup of coffee.

In 2008, during a holiday to Pakistan to visit relatives, his parents suspected the truth about his sexuality. They believed marriage would "cure" him of what they considered to be a psychological disorder.

Name 'blackened'

"They told me I'm going to be forced into marriage and they're looking for a girl and I'll be married in two to three months and I won't be able to come back to London," Suni said.

When he refused, he was imprisoned in his family's ancestral home in a remote village of Pakistan and subjected to regular beatings and abuse as he had brought "shame" on the strict Muslim family.

"I stayed there for three months and he was always beating me. He was telling me I had blackened our family name and he was saying it's a sin. I know it was just for honour."

Suni managed to escape and return to the UK, penniless and homeless.

Relatives and friends were reluctant to help him due to fear of violent reprisals from his family.

After a night spent in a police cell, he was put in touch with the trust, which helped find him safe accommodation.

'Gay demons'

Trust worker Annie Southerst said in the past six months there has been an increase in the number of Muslims coming to them for help.

"They face threats of physical violence, actual violence and restriction of liberties," she said.

"We've had people chased out of the house with knives and we have had issues around young people who had exorcisms planned to get rid of the gay demons, I suppose.

"They come to us because they're homeless, or in danger of being homeless imminently. We sort out emergency accommodation for them.

"But the biggest loss they face is the loss of their families.

"I can't imagine what it must be like to suddenly in your late teens, early 20s suddenly not to have a family anymore."

Using laws introduced by the government in November 2008, the charity has taken out four Forced Marriage Protection orders in the past few months.

The orders were introduced after ministers dropped plans to make forcing someone to marry a crime.

More than 80 have been imposed so far. Breaching one is contempt of court and can carry a two-year jail term.
Fazal Mahmood runs a support group for South Asian and Middle Eastern gay men, called Himat, which means strength in Urdu.

"I've got about 150 people on my mail out list.

"About 80%... have been coerced into marriage or been forced into marriage or are being forced into marriage," he said.

Mr Mahmood says homosexuality is considered a taboo issue within close-knit Muslim communities in areas such as London, Bradford and Manchester.

"I'm proud to be a Muslim, I'm proud to be South Asian, Pakistani and I'm proud to be gay as well.
"Unfortunately a lot of parents don't see that. All they see is 'what is my community going to feel like when they find out my son or daughter is gay?'."

Keeping quiet

In fact he advises young gay Muslims not to come out to their families.

"Once you've told your family and friends about your sexuality, the next unfortunate step for your family to do is ask you to leave."

Ali, 21, lives in east London with his large Bangladeshi family, and has decided to keep his sexuality a secret.
"When they do find out, they're basically going to go against it.

"My relationship with them is not going to be the same, the respect they have for me is going to be different and I'm going to miss that relationship," he said.

He is also worried about the repercussions within the local community if they discover he is gay.

"You see people being killed for being gay and stuff. I think I'd be vulnerable if people knew about me.

"I've heard a lot of remarks in the past about people saying that gay people should die for religious reasons."

Police protection

A special government unit tackles the issue of forced marriages. Every year it deals with around 1,600 cases of forced marriage. Three-quarters of all calls are from people of South Asian origin.

Department head Olaf Henricson-Bell said gay and lesbian youngsters were particularly vulnerable.

"A few weeks ago, an individual got in touch with the unit to say he'd been taken to Pakistan, forced to marry against his will, brought back to the UK then denounced by both his new wife and his family for his sexuality.

"He'd been subject to physical and other abuse. When he rang us he was scared to leave the home and we had to secure police protection.

"Forced marriage by its nature is an underground practice and the cases often go unreported.

"The individuals involved may be reluctant to mention sexuality when they ring us or when they bring their case to the attention of the authorities," he said.

The unit plans to work with the trust to produce a training programme for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender organisations working with young people at risk of being forced into marriage.

By Poonam Taneja
BBC Asian Network
http://networkedblogs.com/p25346055

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha

When I brought it up, it was written in the Quran.

Now are you saying that those verses are not found in the quran?

You keep trying to get me to say something hateful, but it won't work. Me telling you to grow up is not hateful. If you take it that way then thats on you.
Now please post the post of me saying I hope there is young boys in heaven.

All I do is repeat whats in the quran. Now do those verses(don't need to repeat them) speak of boys, or not.

Ayisha we have the verse from the hadith from AYISHA herself saying she was a child when muhammad consummated his marriage with her. What do you have?

All your looking for is a fight, not interested in one. Just post where I said I hope there is young boys in Islamic Heaven.

Peace

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

I heard they also strip naked during sex there! OMG ...

[Eek!] [Eek!] DIS GUS TING [Eek!] [Eek!]
Yup, they are totally degraded. And, as our much respected great scholar Yussuf al Qaradawi has explained, all this nakedness leads to highly repulsive behaviour, such as practicing oral sex.
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

“I was asked about oral sex in America and Europe when I began to travel to these countries in the early 70s. We are not used to be asked these questions in our Muslim countries. Those Western people are accustomed to stripping naked during sexual intercourse. These are communities of nakedness, and from the licentiousness of the woman that she wears nothing to screen her body in her daily life.

So, they are in need of more excitements during copulation.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Islamonline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543892

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I heard they also strip naked during sex there! OMG ...

[Eek!] [Eek!] DIS GUS TING [Eek!] [Eek!]
Yup, they are totally degraded. And, as our much respected great scholar Yussuf al Qaradawi has explained, all this nakedness leads to highly repulsive behaviour, such as practicing oral sex.
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

“I was asked about oral sex in America and Europe when I began to travel to these countries in the early 70s. We are not used to be asked these questions in our Muslim countries. Those Western people are accustomed to stripping naked during sexual intercourse. These are communities of nakedness, and from the licentiousness of the woman that she wears nothing to screen her body in her daily life.

So, they are in need of more excitements during copulation.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Islamonline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543892

this must be where Akmad gets it from that we all walk about naked in the west. As for nothing to screen her body, he obviously doesnt see the young hijabi girls with sprayed on jeans and tops these days, not much in the way of screening bodies there!
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

Ayisha we have the verse from the hadith from AYISHA herself saying she was a child when muhammad consummated his marriage with her. What do you have?

ROFLMAO [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

quote:
Just post where I said I hope there is young boys in Islamic Heaven.

do you also double as Akmad on other days? [Confused]
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha

bahhaahha you will never change. [Big Grin] Like I said Ayisha's hadith says she was 9 when she was raped by muhammad. Now what do you have that speaks otherwise.

Is this not you:

"wasnt that you on the previous page hoping that there are young boys in Islamic heaven?"

Now since you said this, you should be able to back it up or continue to be the Liar that you are. It's quite simple really if I said this, please post it.

As for your ignoring of the rest of mine post is it not in the Quran where they speak about getting servant boys in Islamic heaven? Is this wrong??

Peace

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
oh king, have we not done this topic to death months ago? Whatever I say your mind will decide on what it prefers to believe which seems to be sex in heaven with young boys and rape of girls.

--------------------

of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
of_gold

Peace

King, do you believe that there is degree of sin or that sin is sin and all punishable by death?
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha

You accused me of saying something I NEVER said.

That means your a liar.

Like a liar you refuse to post where I said anything you claim I did.

But I understand defending a pedofile who claimed to be a prophet will mess with the minds of some people. Sadly there is too much proof from the Books of Islam too just ignore what he did. So I leave you to your religion, Hopefully one day you will see the light.

Peace

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of_Gold

I believe that there is really no rank of sin, I see sin as seperation from God. All sin is punishable by death. Lets read some truths from the Bible:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.Romans 6:23

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned

Some people want there to be degrees of sin, so they can claim that there sin is not as bad as the next person. To me atleast it's wrong thinking. I hope I answered your questions. God is just and allows us to pray for forgiveness.

Peace

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Ayisha

You accused me of saying something I NEVER said.

That means your a liar.

Like a liar you refuse to post where I said anything you claim I did.

there you go again slandering and showing that your 'peace' on every post is just a sham.

read my post again, look at the words. I said:
"wasnt that you on the previous page hoping that there are young boys in Islamic heaven?"
now where did I SAY that you SAID you hoped? I said you were HOPING and every time you get on this high horse of yours slandering a prophet of God you do HOPE that what you accuse him of is true and you do HOPE that all your crap misinterpretations of some verses, that you have been told time and time again are only your filthy mind, you HOPE they are true. YOU HOPE there are young boys in 'Islamic heaven' because if you are wrong you wont see heaven of any kind.

YOU post all this as a 'throw it in the face of Muslims' and you slander a prophet of God, no matter if YOU believe he is a prophet of God or not you show NO tollerance to another religion or belief and you show NO PEACE towards the believers of that prophet. So I am not a liar king, you are, because even though you may not have said those actual words it does not take away that fact that you DO hope there are young boys in islamic heaven, and there is only ONE GOD and ONE HEAVEN so you disrespect what YOU are supposed to believe too

quote:
But I understand defending a pedofile who claimed to be a prophet will mess with the minds of some people.
more slander, read sanhedrin, its part of YOUR belief as the man you claim to be God was a JEWISH Rabbi, NOT a Christian.

quote:
Sadly there is too much proof from the Books of Islam too just ignore what he did.
The 'Books of Islam' are Quran, Torah and Gospel. If you want to discuss some things in those books start a topic.

quote:
So I leave you to your religion, Hopefully one day you will see the light.
You wont leave me to my religion and I did see the light, thats why I chose Islam.

quote:
Peace
Yeah, it shines in all your posts [Cool]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Of_Gold

I believe that there is really no rank of sin, I see sin as seperation from God. All sin is punishable by death. Lets read some truths from the Bible:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.Romans 6:23

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned

Some people want there to be degrees of sin, so they can claim that there sin is not as bad as the next person. To me atleast it's wrong thinking. I hope I answered your questions. God is just and allows us to pray for forgiveness.

Peace

The wages of sin is death but you believe in the original sin, so all men sin so all men die. What is the point of praying for forgiveness if sin is sin and there is no one that escapes that because of the original sin, which I might add that even Jesus committed that sin, the sin of being born. What do your prayers for forgiveness give you? if you are forgiven does that mean you dont die? no of course not, we all die. Thats why it makes no sense, it goes round in circles just like the '3 in 1' excuses, I wont call them explanations because they explain nothing.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Ayisha

You posted alot, now you accuse me of slander because I called you a liar? Bahahhaahha weak.

You are a liar until you post where I was hoping for young boys in Islamic Heaven. You said I posted this, so it should be easy for you to find. Still waiting

Also I slander no prophets of God muhammad was not a prophet of God, Only muslims think this because they must. What prophetic teachings and signs did muhammad do to prove he was from the one true God? What miracles did Muhammad perform to show he was from God.

Why were all the Prophets of the Bible of the line of Isaac and not Ishmael, yet we are to believe Gods final Prophet was of the line of Ishmael even though Jesus said he was the seal of the prophets.

The bible states we are to love our neighbours not to respect there lies. Islam is a false belief, but as a Christian, I am supposed to love the people which I do. Love the sinner, hate the sin.

Peace

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really Ayisha why are you jumping in answering for someone else? Of_Gold asked me a question.

Anyways lets learn a little about Original Sin

we need to know what the term "original sin" means. This is a term used to describe the effect of Adam's sin on his descendants (Rom. 5:12-32). Specifically, it is our inheritance of a sinful nature from Adam. The sinful nature originated with Adam and is passed down from parent to child. We are by nature children of wrath (Eph. 2:3). So, if we inherit our sinful nature from our parents, then Jesus, who had Mary as a parent, must have had a sin nature. Right? Not necessarily. the sin nature is passed down through the father. Let me explain.

Some Bible commentators, hold the position that the sin nature is passed down through the father. Support for this position is found in the fact that sin entered the world through Adam, not Eve. Remember, Eve was the one who sinned first. However, sin did not enter the world through her. It entered through Adam. Rom. 5:12 says, "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned." The concept behind this is called Federal Headship. This means that a person (a father) represents his descendants. We see this concept taught in Heb. 7:9-10, "And, so to speak, through Abraham even Levi, who received tithes, paid tithes, 10for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him." We see in Hebrews that Levi, a distant descendant of Abraham, is said to have paid tithes to Melchizedek when Abraham was the one offering the tithes, not Levi. What this means is that there is biblical support for the idea that the sin nature was passed down through the father. Since Jesus had not literal, biological father, the sin nature was not passed down to Him. However, since He had a human mother, he was fully human but without original sin. Jesus has two natures: God and man. Col. 2:9 says, "For in Him dwells all the fullness of deity in bodily form." Jesus received His human nature from Mary, but He received His divine nature through God the Holy Spirit. Therefore, Jesus is both God and man. He was sinless, had no original sin, and was both fully God and fully man.

I hope this explains it a little.

Peace

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Really Ayisha why are you jumping in answering for someone else? Of_Gold asked me a question.

we need to know what the term "original sin" means. This is a term used to describe the effect of Adam's sin on his descendants (Rom. 5:12-32). Specifically, it is our inheritance of a sinful nature from Adam. The sinful nature originated with Adam and is passed down from parent to child. We are by nature children of wrath (Eph. 2:3). So, if we inherit our sinful nature from our parents, then Jesus, who had Mary as a parent, must have had a sin nature. Right? Not necessarily. the sin nature is passed down through the father. Let me explain.

Some Bible commentators, hold the position that the sin nature is passed down through the father. Support for this position is found in the fact that sin entered the world through Adam, not Eve. Remember, Eve was the one who sinned first. However, sin did not enter the world through her. It entered through Adam. Rom. 5:12 says, "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned." The concept behind this is called Federal Headship. This means that a person (a father) represents his descendants. We see this concept taught in Heb. 7:9-10, "And, so to speak, through Abraham even Levi, who received tithes, paid tithes, 10for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him." We see in Hebrews that Levi, a distant descendant of Abraham, is said to have paid tithes to Melchizedek when Abraham was the one offering the tithes, not Levi. What this means is that there is biblical support for the idea that the sin nature was passed down through the father. Since Jesus had not literal, biological father, the sin nature was not passed down to Him. However, since He had a human mother, he was fully human but without original sin. Jesus has two natures: God and man. Col. 2:9 says, "For in Him dwells all the fullness of deity in bodily form." Jesus received His human nature from Mary, but He received His divine nature through God the Holy Spirit. Therefore, Jesus is both God and man. He was sinless, had no original sin, and was both fully God and fully man.

Peace

There's no such thing as "original sin." Sin entering the world through one man just mean it took only one person to sin for sin to be repeated and/or taught. That is why we are 'born into sin' because sin is already in existence when we are born into the world. "Born into sin" doesn't mean a person is born a sinner; it means that sin already exist in the world when a person is born and sin is part of the enviornment of the child or person upbringing. So in other words, sin is learned or taught because it exist in our environment. If someone gives birth, that child will enter into sin; meaning the world or environment the child is born into is a sinful one. There is no such thing being born a sinner just because your mother or father lied, stolen, fornicated, committed adultery, sworn (cursed), etc...the parents' sin has nothing to do with the child. The child may sin because it is taught or learned.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by KING: Ayisha

You posted alot, now you accuse me of slander because I called you a liar? Bahahhaahha weak.

You are a liar until you post where I was hoping for young boys in Islamic Heaven. You said I posted this, so it should be easy for you to find. Still waiting

sorry I thought I posted in English, you either didnt actually read what I said or you still have a comprehension problem with English.

quote:
Also I slander no prophets of God muhammad was not a prophet of God, Only muslims think this because they must.
You really do have a problem with English dont you? What do you mean they 'must'? [Confused]

quote:
What prophetic teachings and signs did muhammad do to prove he was from the one true God? What miracles did Muhammad perform to show he was from God.
If you have read quran with an open heart and cant see it there is no use me telling you, you have been told many times anyway and we just go round in those circles and in a few months we will be back to here again, just like Akmad.

quote:
Why were all the Prophets of the Bible of the line of Isaac and not Ishmael, yet we are to believe Gods final Prophet was of the line of Ishmael even though Jesus said he was the seal of the prophets.
ask your question of God not me, I just believe what He says, you follow hadith, you only can claim 'jesus said' because of some mans hadith, not from Jesus words or God's. bible is written by men which you cannot deny but add 'inspired by God' to justify it. It is my belief, and the belief of muslims, that Quran is the Words of God as they were given, which has shown its own miracles in the scientific discoveries of today written in it over 1400 years ago.

quote:
The bible states we are to love our neighbours not to respect there lies. Islam is a false belief, but as a Christian, I am supposed to love the people which I do. Love the sinner, hate the sin.
so loving your neighbour, even though you do not respect him because of his beliefs, means you can attack those beliefs and you still think thats showing 'love' and 'peace'? This just shows how your mind works and how you lack love, peace, tollerance and any form of respect for people who have a different belief than yours.
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

Peace

no it doesnt, it 'excuses' it as I said before and goes in circles and makes no sense TO ME. If it makes sense to you thats great, it does not to me, that is why you are where you are and I chose Islam as my belief.
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayisha

Sigh [Frown]

I will make it simple for you. Where in the Bible does it state we have to respect the beliefs of people?

The Bible states love the sinner, hate the sin. I did not want to say anything more but I will add that respecting people has nothing to do with respecting their beliefs. People believe lots of things.

Peace

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Ayisha

Their is no scientific miracles of the quran, that has already been refuted. One of the main reasons why muslims in my building, don't harp on it when they try to convert people.

As for the prophecys muhammad did, I would love to read them. Last I checked, Muhammad said his miracle was the quran and could NOT do any signs and wonders.

Peace

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

As for the prophecys muhammad did, I would love to read them. Last I checked, Muhammad said his miracle was the quran and could NOT do any signs and wonders.

where did I say there were prophecies? You are again reading something thats not there! [Roll Eyes]
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

God wants us to love these people, BUT not to tell them that the sin they commit is okay or normal.

They are not committing a sin. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Dalia

This is my last post on this thread unless I see a real worthwhile question and answer. I may post something else, right now I really don't know yet.

The Bible is clear on homosexuality. Its spoken of in Livitcus, and Romans. All the rolling of the eyes will never make the ACT of Homosexuality right or proper.

The truth is that it is a SIN no questions about it.

Peace

Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

God wants us to love these people, BUT not to tell them that the sin they commit is okay or normal.

They are not committing a sin. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
They are committing a sin you stupid pro-homo slut. Aren't you muslime. That's probably why you don't think it is a sin; I forgot all of you muslimes are homos.
Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep to the topic Bettyboo,insulting others on this forum,only goes to show what kind of character you have.Not a good one I imagine.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
Of_Gold

Peace

Good, I agree.

So basically sin is sin and we are all guilty of sin. Then worry or hate, or anger, or coveting, or lust, or being a glutton, or charging usury is sin guilty of death the same as homosexuality?

What role do you believe that Christ played in this?

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
That's probably why you don't think it is a sin; I forgot all of you muslimes are homos.

And we eat little children for breakfast too. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
GaredProposal
Member # 17180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GaredProposal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboo:
That's probably why you don't think it is a sin; I forgot all of you muslimes are homos.

And we eat little children for breakfast too. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
ROFL
Posts: 52 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:

Tale of gay woman forced to marry to protect 'honour'

"I took off my hijab, and I threw it on the floor and my brother got really mad. It's the worst thing I could have done to offend my religion, aside from burn or tear the Koran.

"My mother, she kind of stood still, and started listening, and it was very liberating that she finally wanted to hear what I had to say.

"I told her about my sexuality and I said 'that's right, I do meet girls, and I love it' and I told her that she had been hurting me really badly, and I will never forgive her."

Now 20, Reviva - not her real name - recounts the day she finally came out to her family, her pupils flash and the flat, matter-of-fact delivery of her story-telling becomes briefly animated.

This, you realise, is the pivotal moment in a disturbing journey of self-discovery which encompasses family estrangement, exorcism, and attempted suicide.

Like hundreds of young men and women in Britain, Reviva was forced into marriage in spite of her sexual orientation, and still carries deep psychological scars from years of torment at the hands of her parents.

Rising trend

The government's Forced Marriage Unit (FMU) has received hundreds of calls from young gay men and women - mainly men - who fear they are going to be forced into marriage by their family, against their will.

This year, the FMU has dealt with 29 confirmed cases of forced marriage involving gay men and women. Last year, the unit offered support and advice to nearly 1,700 cases in total.

Just how many of those involved lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) victims is unknown, because not everyone is willing to divulge their sexuality. However, it is thought this emerging trend is just the tip of the iceberg, as more gay men and women seek assistance.

When arranging to interview her for 5 live Investigates, we asked Reviva if she would like to bring a friend for support. But this attractive student, with a hint of Goth, opts to come alone, preferring to keep even her closest friends in the dark about her troubled past.

As she admits, "I'm unable to show emotion, I'm unable to trust people. The only person I really trust is myself. I am unable to be vulnerable with a person, I'm unable to feel a lot of things."

Born in the Middle East, but schooled in Britain, Reviva's difficulties began in adolescence when she became aware of being attracted to girls rather than boys.

"The first kiss I had, I was around 12," she recalls.

"It was always kisses in the playground, and kisses in the gym. With girls it was always perfect. It was always nice. It wasn't something I was ashamed of. It was beautiful."

Not for discussion

Aware that her parents had deep religious and cultural objections to homosexuality, Reviva gently tried to make them aware of her situation, but was quickly rebuffed:

"I tried to introduce it to them, because I knew it was a thing you don't talk about. It's forbidden. But once you mention 'homosexual' the discussion is over. You can't go into detail about it."

Far from accepting the situation, Reviva's parents set up weekly meetings with eligible bachelors - and reacted with violence when their teenage daughter refused to play along.

"The worst thing they tried was burning my hand on the stove. Anything they could grab, they'd hit you until you'd sort of pass out.

"They always tried to hit me where it couldn't be seen, to hide the scars. Because don't forget I was meant to get married, so I was meant to have skin that isn't damaged."

Reviva says she attempted suicide several times, knowing that she could never satisfy her parents, for whom she reserves an unmistakable venom.

While she understands the roots of their traditional views, her simmering anger betrays the belief that when all is said and done, her home should have been a refuge - not a place of emotional torture.

Escalating ordeal

In a desperate attempt to force the situation, her father even signed her away in an Islamic marriage to a man in another country, who she had never met.

Reviva, who was still at school, used her impending exams as a delaying tactic to ensure the relationship was never consummated and it was ultimately annulled.

Far from ending, her ordeal intensified. The troubled teenager was taken to her grandmother's house in the Middle East where, as she recalls with a chilling lack of emotion, her parents tried persuading her to take her own life.

"I was damaging the family honour. I was making the family looking like a modernised, westernised, filthy family. So what they wanted to do is get rid of what is damaging the honour.

"They put you in a room on your own, I don't get any food, or any water, and I have to just sit there and wait to die or kill myself."

To aid the process, a gun, a knife, and pills were left in the room, along with a can of petrol and a box of matches. In her view, Reviva says it would have amounted to murder, not suicide, should she have decided to kill herself.

"But I wasn't in a situation where I felt I have to end my life. Even if I was, I wouldn't have done it the way they wanted me to do it."

Her refusal to give in led to further action from her family, as they sought to "cure" her of her homosexuality.

"They tried a few exorcisms" she deadpans, as if having evil spirits cast out was nothing more extreme than a routine dental check up.

This intense young woman briefly lightens up and punctures her solemn tale with a vivacious smile:

"It isn't like The Omen, it isn't as dramatic. You lay on a prayer mat, and somebody who is very religious, will read several verses from the Koran.

"It's very frightening because everyone is scared of being possessed by something, and then you think 'maybe I am?' because I have desires and thoughts that my parents think are wrong."

After this morale-sapping ordeal, Reviva briefly tried to come to an accommodation with her parents' views and dutifully studied the Koran.

Break for freedom

Reviva's family then returned to England but not long after she found one-way plane tickets for her and her father and she realised he was trying to marry her once more - again, to a man she had never met.

She contacted the Albert Kennedy Trust - a charity which helps vulnerable LGBT teenagers seek refuge.

The trust has considerable experience helping LGBT victims of forced marriage and offers advice through its website, 'LGBT Forced Marriage'.

The Albert Kennedy Trust contacted the police and put them in touch with Reviva. Fearing for her safety, they gave her 15 minutes to gather her belongings and flee the family home.

Even then, there was a final dramatic twist as the young woman was taken hostage by her mother and brother, leaving the police to force their way in.

"They had to break the door and come in, because nobody was opening the door for them. And they went in, and my mother and my brother cornered me in the kitchen.

"My brother broke a glass to make sure I didn't leave the house alive. And they had to wrestle my mother and my brother, and… I was gone."

And so Reviva is free - or at least as free as anyone with her history can be.

Already many of the physical signs of her torment have started to heal, but mentally it will take much longer.

"The worst thing is the emotional side of it - knowing your parents think you're not worth anything.

"Scars always fade but knowing your parents hate you? That doesn't change."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11613992

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
That is so sad. [Frown]

--------------------

Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed sad .

4:16 Ali's translation

" And the two men among you guilty of lewdness , punish them both . And if
they repent and amend , leave them alone;
for Allah is Oft-Returning , Most Merciful."

So let the party begin ,PUNISH THEM .

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Indeed sad .

You didn't read it then? It's about a GIRL. [Big Grin]
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rahala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^How is it supposed to be about a girl when the verse says "two men "?

try changing your glasses .

Posts: 2417 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

She was obviously referring to the text I posted. [Roll Eyes]
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
HOMOSEXUALITY IN ISLAM

An identity in flux

When news of Saudi Prince Saud Abdulaiziz Bin Nasir Al Saud being found guilty of murdering his aide and possibly being gay made headlines, I figured then that the discussion of homosexuality in the Muslim world had unofficially shifted from the private realm to the public one. Knowing the silent and largely hostile attitude towards homosexuality, I actually felt uncomfortable for the Muslim world, as well as Saudi Arabia, for being squarely placed in the spotlight for a taboo topic.

According to Prosecutor Jonathon Laidlaw QC with regards to the murder trial in London, when Saudi Prince Saud Abdulaiziz Bin Nasir Al Saud "...denied being a homosexual to try to hide the 'abusive undertone'" of a relationship between the prince and the victim, Bandar Abdulaziz, it is possible that he genuinely did not consider himself to be a homosexual.

Laidlaw said, "The bare fact of his [the prince's] sexuality would ordinarily be of absolutely no relevance to a criminal trial, but in this case it is clear that the defendant's abuse of Bandar was not confined simply to physical beatings." In other words, a history of sexual abuse in the relationship between the Prince and his servant, inevitably led to an assumption of the accused's sexual orientation.

While doctrine, scripture, and negative social stigmas have led to public condemnations of homosexuality and homosexual relationships, with punishments ranging from fines to execution depending on the country, the fact remains that the locals in every town know exactly where the gay districts are thriving. These underground hangouts are not only "making-do" with the legal status quo of the country, but their existence implies there is no problem in remaining tucked away in the Middle Eastern/Muslim closet.

Michael Lungo, author of Gay Travels in the Muslim World, discussed his impressions in an interview with the Jerusalem Post, "...identity can be nebulous and fluid, more so in Muslim countries than in the West. Things are not defined in the East as they are in the West: Some gays and men who have sex with men within Muslim countries might not readily accept the label of homosexual."

Civil rights narratives are defined by the presence or absence of words like "freedom" and "choice," but homosexuals in the Middle East appear to find such freedom without the government or the legal system protecting their sexuality. In fact, the cloak of invisibility works to their advantage because they are engaged in behavioral acts, not identity politics. In an NPR interview John Bradley, author of Saudi Arabia Exposed: Inside a Kingdom in Crisis cautioned against using western terminology in trying to understand the homosexual landscape in the Middle East; he explained that there is an existing paradox when it comes to societal movements, where "the more you push political agenda, the more you risk creating a backlash."

Parvez Sharma, director of the film Jihad for Love, also participated in the interview, pointing out an even deeper dimension of invisibility amongst homosexuals in predominantly Muslim countries - gay Muslim women. His documentary largely featured men because women are further cast off into the shadows due to gender segregation policies. These policies keep them from joining those underground hubs or functioning in some sort of camouflage in street life because they often remain in the domestic sphere.

So according to Sharma and Bradley, when Ahmedinejad told the audience at Columbia University that, "We don't have homosexuals like in your country," it may not have been a denial of the existence of homosexuals in Iran, but rather a comparison of the gay communities in the West against those in the East; meaning, that they differ. Still, the former possibility makes sense when we come to understand what existence and visibility mean for homosexuals in the Muslim world.

Herein lies a profound paradox: while people like American Parvez Sharma decided to come out after 9/11 to represent a diverse Muslim population, the gay population in countries like Morocco was being told to "remember their place in the shadows" of society. This dichotomy has created a peculiar twist in the greater Muslim community's mission to make known the Muslim identity to the West- by being as candid, visible and engaged as possible from the individual to the community. Gays in the Muslim world are in one sense "coming out of the closet" for the recognition of their religious identities (in other words, now more aware and assertive their Muslim identities as a result of addressing stereotypes after 9/11) but still remaining undercover when it comes to their gay "un-identities."

In the arguments that eventually reached the verdict this past Tuesday proclaiming Prince Saud guilty for murder, Prosecutor Laidlaw made it a point to highlight the bite marks on Abdulaziz's body that had an "obvious sexual connotation," although this information was "not a factor in his [the victim's] death." The mention of this irrelevant piece of information demonstrates Western society's need to isolate and draw a solid line around a person's identify--be it his/her economic, political or sexual identity-- all in an effort for it to make sense in the public arena, whereas Middle Eastern culture prefers, for better or for worse, to leave such matters in a state of flux without pinning a permanent label on the person.

SHAZIA KAMAL, NOVEMBER 3, 2010

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Nice video:

It gets better – Muslim gay teen

vwvwv
Member # 18213

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwvwv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Live and let live
Posts: 213 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Of course she is refering to your text while quoting mine!
[Roll Eyes]

vwvwv
Member # 18213

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwvwv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Indeed sad .

These gays may not even be Muslims. Why subject them to Sharia Laws?
Posts: 213 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Of course she is refering to your text while quoting mine!
[Roll Eyes]

Quoting you who quoted the verse about 2 men when the article was about a girl. Like I said, you didn't read it (the article) then as it was about a girl. [Roll Eyes]
Rahala
Member # 16703

Member Rated:
not true ,the translated verse is talking about men and women who commit Al-Fahisha ,if you cared and looked at the Arabic verse you would see this immediately
{وَاللَّذَانَ يَأْتِيَانِهَا مِنكُمْ فَآذُوهُمَا فَإِن تَابَا وَأَصْلَحَا فَأَعْرِضُواْ عَنْهُمَا إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ تَوَّاباً رَّحِيماً }النساء16

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com