EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » God on a bus?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God on a bus?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found while looking at the Upper Egypt Bus Co website:

Central Booking lines mechanized round-trip
News Details

God Almighty has been the operation of the following lines
* Cairo - Sharm el-Sheikh on the East Delta company for transport and tourism.
* Cairo - Alexandria - Marsa Matrouh on the company western and central Delta.
* Cairo - Assiut
*Cairo - Hurghada company in tribal transportation and tourism

[Confused]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL - looks to me like someone's been using Google Translate!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at the Arabic and it says:

تم بمشيئة الله تعالى تشغيل الخطوط التالية

Which sure enough Google translates as:
God Almighty has been running the following lines!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That might explain why there is no way to register with the site even though it says register to book, or hopefully see any sort of time table.

Every place I look for times seem to be copied from the same place, including the spelling mistakes!

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried Ask Aladdin? The time tables used to be reliable, although I haven't checked them in a while and don't know if they are currently up to date …

http://www.ask-aladdin.com/bus_schedules.htm

quote:
God Almighty has been the operation of the following lines
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
ask aladdin is the one I think they all copy, complete with spelling mistakes. That also says there is a bus station near the market place here in Luxor, which it hasn't been for at least 5 years, it's out by the airport. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I did catch a coach from round the corner from the train station (I'm sure it was) when I was down there New Year 08/09 to go from Luxor to Cairo - maybe they count that as a bus station? Not sure which operator it was. Dark red bus with horses on?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com