EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » The Mexicans Are Coming (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Mexicans Are Coming
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
US sees ethnic minority baby boom

Nearly half of American children aged under five are from an ethnic minority, according to a new report from the US Census Bureau.

The latest figures show 45% of US pre-schoolers are non-white, with the Latino population growing the fastest.

Of the overall US population, one-third are now from an ethnic minority.

The report comes amid a series of huge immigrant demonstrations protesting against tough anti-immigration measures being considered by the US government.

Immigrant increase

In 2005 the minority population was 98 million, 33% of the 296.4 million people in the US, the census agency said.

Latinos are the largest minority, now numbering 42.7 million, and the fastest growing, with a population increase rate of 3.3%, the figures show.

Of the 1.3 million more Latinos than when the figures were last gathered 500,000 were immigrants, the bureau said.

Numbering 39.7 million, blacks form the second-largest minority, with a growth rate of 1.3%.

The Asian population of 14.4 million grew by 3%, an increase also driven by immigration, with 239,000 of the 421,000 new members having arrived from abroad.

American Indians and Alaska natives number 4.5 million and grew by 1%. Native Hawaiians and other Pacific islanders total 990,000, with a 1.5% growth rate.

Congress debate

With almost 67% of the overall population, non-Latino whites are still the largest group, but they have an older average age and much lower growth rate, increasing by just 500,000 in the period measured.

"These mid-decade numbers provide further evidence of the increasing diversity of our nation's population," Census Bureau director Louis Kincannon said.

Immigration, especially illegal immigration, has become a hot issue in recent weeks as Congress mulls a bill passed in the House of Representatives last year that includes provisions to criminalise illegal immigrants and bolster border security.

A bipartisan Senate bill, currently stalled, would provide illegal immigrants a path toward citizenship and a guest-worker programme long favoured by President George W Bush.

But there is some way to go before the competing bills are reconciled and a compromise reached. A number of US politicians say illegal migrants should be sent home.

On 1 May more than a million US immigrants boycotted work or school and avoided spending money as a way of showing their worth to the economy.

About 11.5m illegal immigrants live in the US, many of them of Latino origin.

Source

Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for binhaden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horemheb, it's not the "A-rabs" or the "Moslems" you should lose sleep over, it's the bloody Mexicans (or Latinos or brown people, etc..) Your prejudice is entirely misdirected. [Big Grin]
Posts: 216 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who cares if the country has a lot of mexicans. These mexicans deserve to have a better life in America.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my main question is why do the US politicains want to turn America into mexico?

what is it about the country of mexico, that politicans like so much?

obviously the people of mexico are not to thrilled about mexico,thus they pour outta the place as fast as they can.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IIla
Member # 10772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IIla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:

obviously the people of mexico are not to thrilled about mexico,thus they pour outta the place as fast as they can.

US politicians don't want to turn the US into Mexico. This is why politicians are trying to pass stringent laws to keep Mexicans from entering the US illegally while also maintaining a very difficult process for legal immigrants.
Posts: 72 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
When NAFTA made the lives of the average Mexican into a nightmare, it was only natural that the influx would increase. But that's not what the article speaks of. It actually shows that the increase in population is due American born children of mostly (legal) Latino descent.

We can't build 1000 mile fences when we've pissed all over these people's country (through failed and exploitative economic policies) and not expect them to fight back. They just fight back by outbreeding everyone. The best way to fight back actually. [Big Grin]

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frankly, I'm not as concerned about Mexican immigration as some. Obviously it needs to be organized but if that can be acomplished it will work out fine. Binhaden lives here and he knows that the number of Anglo-white marriages are through the roof. A couple of years ago a Sociology prof at UT noted that you are seeing the beginnings of the merger of two cultures on the border. Hell, even my own grand daughter is half Mexican.
As one person recently noted "after a couple of generations the Mexicans just turn into white people."

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
As one person recently noted "after a couple of generations the Mexicans just turn into white people."

How so? Do you mean they change their color? Culture? Language? How does one "turn into white"? Clearly all the Latinos in California have yet to turn white.

And you should be worried Horemheb, your "people" are shrinking in numbers. Soon, very soon, they'll be a minority and they'll be old. So not only will their numbers dwindle, those that remain will be so old as to be almost entirely dependent on "colored" folk just to live.

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"my people" as you note have always been more of an idea than a race. Condi Rice is a classic example. As much as the America haters like to rag on the race issue it misses the point.
That may be true in places like germany where being 'German' is cultural and racial but not here.
Over time the Mexicans will blend in here just fine.
The real losers in the mexican migrations are black political leaders, black politics in general. Mexicans do not feel guilty about slavery and have more negative views about blacks than whites do. Note that Jesse jackson and the others are now starting to complain about illegals.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
^ Classic divide and conquer tactic. LOL. It won't work this time old man for the "idea" of your people is getting old. Pun intended. And though you may get the random Condi Rice on your side, the majority of colored people are, in fact, out to get you. They're just doing it using natural and legal ways. They breed and you don't. They thrive and you die off. What was that about Natural Selection again? LOL.

quote:
Note that Jesse jackson and the others are now starting to complain about illegals.

Cite one (1) example of Jesse Jackson doing that. One.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
breeding will not gain them power here anymore than it does in Mexico binhaden. You are making the assumption that the political system will remain the same. the only way this political system can survive is to maintain a strong and viable middle class. If what you imply happens and we are swamped by the unwashed masses, for lack of a better term, they will not have power here any more than they do in any other nation.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
^ Agreed. Unlike you, I don't hold on to beliefs just cause they're comfortable even when they're inaccurate. Power will be concentrated in the hands of a few as it is elsewhere. But that "viable middle class" will be a shade or two (may be 5) more brown. And you can take that fact to the bank. And who knows, may be the "old" way of the world, you know, the new (now old) world order may just be thrown out the window. There's certainly much evidence to support that.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Well, if that viable middle class is a shade more brown then great, I have no problem with that. My concern is that the viable middle class may not exist as it has in the past. Nothing lasts forever binhaden, and we are not exempt from change.
I will say this, who ever holds power here, white, brown or green will be the smart people. The people who are tough enough and smart enough to take over. Your utopian paradise will still not exist and you'll be complaining about somebody.
Be careful what you wish for.

binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
quote:
I will say this, who ever holds power here, white, brown or green will be the smart people. The people who are tough enough and smart enough to take over. Your utopian paradise will still not exist and you'll be complaining about somebody.

I'd correct that by saying the most brutal and greediest people will come to power. Intelligence has not been shown to be a prerequisite for acquiring power nor has it been shown to be found in those in power. In fact, history shows that it's visibly absent from those in power. The common denominators are brutality and greed. And I don't look for a Utopia for even I know that it will never come about, but you're right about my complaining.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
You know, the united States is far from perfect but think for a moment what the 20th century would have been without us. You could make the case that it would have been a horrible nightmare for humanity.
Who could have possibly stopped the Germans and the Japanese? What would have happened had Hitler got down into the middle east and Africa?
My point is binhaden, you can find a lot to be critical of us old guys here, I agree with that but there are some good as well. These old white males did pass the civil rights bills and we did create social security and universal education, as imperfect as they may be.

binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
America is the greatest nation in the history of the world. No doubt about it. Too bad it won't stay that way. And the civil rights bill was not bestowed upon colored people, it was yanked right out of the Jim Crow hands of those in power. But I do see some of the positives you speak of. To deny that would be asinine. Equally as asinine is to deny we're regressing and backing away from all those positives. Domestically and internationally.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
I am not optomistic about the future, at least in the short run. The world has too many people and too many of them are very poor. Sometimes the adjustments that nature makes are not very pleasant.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
^ Wow. We've come a full circle back to the topic. The reason this mad rush through US borders is occuring is exactly because of this poverty. And much of it is man made and can easily be alleviated. But nooooo. We'd rather concentrate so much wealth in so few hands and wonder what in the world is going on. I say let all the Mexicans in. And all the Guatemalans, the Peruvians, the Cubans and the whole lot of them. Let them come get some of the wealth we stole from them in their lands in the name of democracy, globalization or some such neo-liberal or neo-conservative nonsense created by the American elite for their own benefit.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
What would you have us do? Give me some concrete proposals.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
How much time have you got? Seriously, that is a good question and the answers are out there. I'll take some time before I give you (or guide you) to some concrete (and very plausible) ideas that have been brought forward by none other than Americans. Imagine that. Give me some time while I compile this list of proposals.
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horemheb,

I am surprised that you would exclaim "Mexicans would turn into white people" because it is comical to say the least but, at best, absurd.
Mexicans are proud of their tri-ethnic heritage and liek all culture, there are those who aspire to whitehood (both figuratively and literally), which is a choice, nonetheless.

The Spaniard in Mexico, a minority and a European is at the top of the food chain and the Indigena (Indian) is the backbone of the country, its root. The mestizos (Spanish usually and Indian) can go either way depending where they see benefit and it is usually El Norte (USA).

I tend to see it a different way meaning the values of freedom and democracy, wherever it leads, is more important than your comments regarding Mexican turning white?
Mexicans are just returning to the land of their forebears i.e. Califronia, Nevada, shall I continue.

Justice-just us.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
nonsense, yazid, if every Mexican living in Mexico today came to the United States they still would not be a majority of the population. The problem is that when they come here they begin to assimilate, like all other immigrants before them...they in fact 'turn white.' mexicans and whites are marrying down here in big numbers and that process will increase. What you say about Mexican culture is correct but when they come here they begin to change. After two or three generations they become culturally, and often racially...white.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IIla:
quote:

US politicians don't want to turn the US into Mexico. This is why politicians are trying to pass stringent laws to keep Mexicans from entering the US illegally while also maintaining a very difficult process for legal immigrants.
sure they do, have you ever seen 1 US politicain lift a finger to stop illegals crossing the border?

big buisness, runs the US and big buisness, is in love with cheap labor...that is the bottom line...

the allmighty dollar...most people in America see green, way before the color of peoples skin..

my main problem with mexicans flooding the US, is

1. they don't pay taxes

2. they use way more goverment services than they pay for..

and the US goverment doesn't care because it can just say...hey, lets raise taxes..so they get more money...

so the middle class US citizen is getting screwed at both ends..

because they don't raise taxes on the rich, or poor..

I work with alot of mexicans, and I don't have a big problem with them, they work hard and don't set off random bombs..

I just worried that the US may become like mexico..

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Horemheb,

Your logic will only work in places like Iowa, Oregon, etc.
The 'Law of Return' of the Southwest US is in the hands of it former dwellers so that is less likely to occur.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed] The name of the thread should be more properly called THE MEXICANS ARE ALREADY HERE!

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

nonsense, yazid, if every Mexican living in Mexico today came to the United States they still would not be a majority of the population. The problem is that when they come here they begin to assimilate, like all other immigrants before them...they in fact 'turn white.' mexicans and whites are marrying down here in big numbers and that process will increase. What you say about Mexican culture is correct but when they come here they begin to change. After two or three generations they become culturally, and often racially...white.

Interesting. So Hore seems to advocate assimilation via amalgamation.

I wonder if such a plan could work with blacks. It hasn't worked with Mexicans so far, and blacks have been in this country for how many centuries and we definitely haven't seen it among them.

Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[Embarrassed] The name of the thread should be more properly called THE MEXICANS ARE ALREADY HERE!

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Those Mexicans were already here before the Spanish American War. Many of the border runners are indigenious to USA. Its about time they came back home. [Smile]
Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^^Actually no.

Yes there were Mexicans already living in the Western US before it became part of the US, but you've got to be joking if you think the vast majority of the Mexicans there today were living there.

They are ILLEGAL. The US won the Spanish-American, by the way.

There is no need to disregard our borders and disrespect our laws.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^^Actually no.

Yes there were Mexicans already living in the Western US before it became part of the US, but you've got to be joking if you think the vast majority of the Mexicans there today were living there.

They are ILLEGAL. The US won the Spanish-American, by the way.

There is no need to disregard our borders and disrespect our laws.

Same argument that Israel has in regards to Palestine.

Wow

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it's not.

The Mexicans of the area were colonists also.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
so were the arabs in palistine

--------------------

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
we all come from noah

[Smile]

--------------------

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
we all come from noah

[Smile]

oh pleeeeeeeease. are you being serious? mike... might be time to have that other beer.

noah was something like 600 years old when the flood came....

who did he shag to create me?

they took THREE pigs on board.... and fuking ate them!!!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
edit
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
quote:
hey, muslims, jews and Christians can agree on noah...

they don't all agree on anyone from abraham on ward..

but I think they are all on the same page about noah...

[Smile]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
quote:
we all come from noah

[Smile]

oh pleeeeeeeease. are you being serious? mike... might be time to have that other beer.

noah was something like 600 years old when the flood came....

who did he shag to create me?

they took THREE pigs on board.... and fuking ate them!!!!

[Eek!] LOL [Big Grin]

Actually if Noah was real, he would have been either an Anatolian or Syrian who tried to save as many animals on his farming land as he could as well as his family.

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Actually the Spanish American war did not involve Mexico. It involved Cuba and the Spaniards in Cuba were defeated by US forces.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Mexicans will assimilate just as has every group before them, the process is already underway as we speak.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Mexicans will assimilate just as has every group before them,...

Every group except blacks and even some Asians like Chinese.

quote:
..the process is already underway as we speak.
If that's so then why do we have so many illegal Mexicans marching through the capitals waving Mexican flags??
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Djehuti, That is short term. Mexican immigrants who have been here through the second and third generation are far along toward assimilation. Many of them are just dark complected white people. The amount of Mexican-Anglo mixed marriage is staggering.
The reasons why blacks have not assimilated are deep and complicated. For one thing I think the races have different beauty standards. The further apart two groups of people are the more difficult assimilation becomes. Even whites who are not overt racists have a negative view of blacks as a group and would consider it a step down to marry one. Keep in mind also that many Mexicans are MORE prejudiced toward blacks than white people are.
In terms of the Mexicans, they'll blend into the white population over time, they already are.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Djehuti, That is short term. Mexican immigrants who have been here through the second and third generation are far along toward assimilation.

LOL And which Mexicans are these??!
I don't know what part of Texas you're from, but all the Mexicans I know that have been here for 2 or more generations, while they speak English and are very much a part of US society, they still are proud of their Mexican heritage and culture as they should be.

And of course there are the illegals and others who don't plan on joining US society anytime soon and to them, YOU and others like you are nothing but Gringos!
quote:
Many of them are just dark complected white people. The amount of Mexican-Anglo mixed marriage is staggering.
Again, which Mexican community is this??

I find it strange and rather ironic that YOU of all people would accept a non-white group as "dark complected whites"!

You may call them as such, while other whites just call them 'spics' or 'wetbacks' no matter how long they've been here or how white-washed they are.
quote:
The reasons why blacks have not assimilated are deep and complicated. For one thing I think the races have different beauty standards. The further apart two groups of people are the more difficult assimilation becomes.
Since when does one have to intermarry or 'racially' amalgamate to assimilate or join the mainstream society??

quote:
Even whites who are not overt racists have a negative view of blacks as a group and would consider it a step down to marry one.
LOL [Big Grin] You speak from personal experience, professor. [Wink]
quote:
Keep in mind also that many Mexicans are MORE prejudiced toward blacks than white people are.
I don't know about this. For one, there are little to no blacks in Mexico. But the main point is Mexicans are closer in complexion to many blacks than whites are. You must understand that many Latin American countries also have systemic racism that was inherited from their European colonizers. This racism is not as extreme as those of North America's mainly British whites who practiced segregation. The Spaniards and Portuguese practice amalgamation but used a caste system of the lighter/whiter you are, with blacks being on the bottom. Which brings me back to the other question...
quote:
In terms of the Mexicans, they'll blend into the white population over time, they already are.
Maybe in your community they are Hore, but again most places in the US have strictly Mexican communities just as there are Korean communities, black communities, and of course white communities.

Which goes back to the main question at hand-- Since when do people have to amalgamate into a larger population to join the mainstream??

As you can see there are plenty of minority communities, each one based on an ethnicity. Some may speak another language or dialect but they all speak English and all participate in US culture and mainstream society by and large.

I find it strange that a North American white guy like you with all your prejudices would suddenly take the amalgamist method of South American whites. Ironically this is the same method used by Arabs when they invaded Egypt and the rest of North Africa.

Perhaps you like many racist whites such as Howard Hughes acknowledge that peoples of European descent (whites) are a global minority vastly "outnumbered by oceans blacks and browns and yellows," so says Hughes. And so you are desperate enough to strengthen your stronghold by numbers, through intermarriage with nonwhites. Such a method is fruitless considering the very reason for it.

Yes, perhaps this is the reason why you indigenous (black) predominance and hegemony over the African continent and claim the large number of whites and Asians! LOL [Big Grin]

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
You are the one that wants to see the world through a racial lens. I just see no assimilation problem for mexicans. I have a mexican daughter in law. I live in a community that is nearly half Mexican and nobody has a problem. many of our pretty mexican girls marry white guys. In addition, after a generation or two the majority do not even speak spanish. Whites and mexicans are racially and culturally compatible.
Many of the things you pointed out could have been said about the italian community as well 100 years ago.

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Horemheb,

Come now! Mexicans are not dark complexioned white people. Surely you jest! ja ja ja

The Mexican are of indigenous background so therfore they are not Europeans. They may, and can despiese their culture (indigenous) but that is OK because we worship white people and their habits! The mestizos (Indian and European mix) may be of various hues but Mexico is their homeland!

The homeland of Oaxaca or Yucatan is not Europe and its inhabitants do not speak a European language (if they go to school they may speak Spanish) so therfore they are not white.
Same as in Guatemala or the highlands. The roots are the same. They are not European.

What I am talking about is the ideological root of peoples coexisting within a democratic ideal (though highly flawed but is a working model today)! America is not about assimilation! It 1s about the values of democratic process and being proud of one's roots coexisting within an 'American way of life'.

The American view of assimilation begins with inequity before the law and that is and cannot be the goal. I say that because assimilation means one can arbitrarily enslave people or put them on reservation and take their land if it suits them (those with guns)!

Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
yazid, I understand that they are not Europeans. 84% of all mexicans have no foreign blood at all. What i said is that the mexicans who come to Texas and other states are blending in with the white population. Last year a sociology Prof at UT said that in 50 years the two cultures would merge in Texas. That process, in Texas, is well underway.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
^ Acculturation via assimilation. Nonsense upon nonsense.
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
There is no reason why the two groups should not merge, just as Italians and others have. You may remeber binhaden, many said the eastern Europeans would not assimilate at the beginning of the 20th century. I see it all the time.....don't be so damn negative.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

IIla
Member # 10772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IIla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There is no reason why the two groups should not merge, just as Italians and others have. You may remeber binhaden, many said the eastern Europeans would not assimilate at the beginning of the 20th century. I see it all the time.....don't be so damn negative.

Perhaps you haven't been reading the news lately. Please allow me to enlighten you. Enjoy!

P.S. You may need to rethink your theories of mexican assimilation.

Whites no longer majority in Texas

Hispanic population grows - and grows more separate - in Texas

Racial Change in the nations largest cities

Posts: 72 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
binhaden
Member # 9900

Rate Member
Alright Horemheb. I'm donning my positive attitude the rest of the week. Unless, that is, you drop one of your famous conservative bombs. [Big Grin]
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
where are the senoritas? Im willing to do my part..

--------------------

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
hijole vato.
bienvenido a USA.

ja ja

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com