EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Iran (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Iran
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speechless.

Tens of thousands of supporters of pro-reform leader Mir Hossein Mousavi are streaming through the center of Tehran in a boisterous protest against election results that declared President Mamoud Ahmadinejad the winner.

A couple screen shots from television

Another emailer, Reza, is even more pessimistic: "Please put the Supreme Leader's request to probe the election results in perspective for your readers. The body that will be probing election is appointed by the Supreme Leader and all its members are hardliners and backers of Ahmadinejad and his policies. This is nothing but a sham in an attempt to extinguish the fever for change that's taking hold in the country."

BBC Persia is streaming live

Tehran University

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it on the news, and just wanted to ask if somebody here is following the unrest. I call it unrest, national tv here is already talking about what it is going to be : a velvet revolution or a violent revolution.
Untill now, Ahmadinejab has shown not to be easly impressed by others. The cvilians are in contact by illegal connections to their Facebook-accounts, Twitter, and just by mobile phones.
I always am fascinated by how such a process developes, what is the absolute point of no return to make the situation revolve, at the very same time for such an enormous amount of people?
I've read about the revolution when Reza Sjah had to leave Persia and it became Iran. The return of the hostiled Khomeiny, and how people were filled with hope.
Hope dissappeared soon enough because life got worse and worser. How the bourgeois lost all they had, and how the new rulers became the new bourgeois, and made them more limited as they were under Pahlevi. Seemed like nothing ever changes...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God help the Iranian people.

Video of paramilitaries firing on crowd.

3:39 PM ET -- Five miles long. "The crowd - many wearing the trademark green color of Mousavi's campaign - was more than five miles (nine kilometers) long, and based on previous demonstrations in the square and surrounding streets, its size was estimated to be in the hundreds of thousands."

Following up from last Friday's entry about Iran's Presidential Election, Tehran and other cities have seen the largest street protests and rioting since the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

Guide: How Iran is ruled Click on the flow chart to find out more about Iran's complex political system.

Iran Updates (VIDEO): Live-Blogging The Uprising

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

President Obama's Statement On Iranian Presidential Election
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least 7 people are killed, and the president has left the country for visiting a secerity-conference in Russia.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Thank you for watching with me Questionmarks. In my view we have to watch, the world needs to watch because the Iranian people need us to watch. Below it says that seven people have been killed.

"1:58 AM ET -- A violent turn. News reports coming in tonight include a great deal of new evidence of violence and repression in Iran from the last 24 hours or so. It's quite alarming -- and a grim sign of what's to come.

-- The website of Mohammad Ali Abtahi, Iran's former vice president under Khatami and an adviser to one of this year's reformist candidates Karoubi, says he has been arrested for "seditious acts."

-- Iran's official media building "Seda va Seema" (radio and television) building in north western city of Tabriz was reported to be on fire.

-- The UK Times reported eyewitness accounts of paramilitaries on motorcycles opening fire on youths after a rally.

-- Iranians on Twitter reported a "BIG explosion @ Nooshiravani Babol U (North Iran)" early on Tuesday. "police doesn't lets people go there & see what had happened."

-- The Wall Street Journal: "a student-run news service reported that five students -- two women and three men -- were killed Sunday night in dormitory raids by Basij forces at Tehran University. That report couldn't be independently verified."

-- The UK Guardian: "A Farsi website, Balatarin, carried an unconfirmed report that seven people had been killed in the southern city of Shiraz following confrontations with riot police at the local university. Five busloads of plainclothes officers had been sent to confront the demonstrators during Sunday's protests, but were said to have been unable to prevent them from being joined by members of the public and marching to one of the city's main squares. It is unclear whether all those said to have died were students."

-- The UK Independent's Robert Fisk: "A student began shouting at me in English through those grim black gates. 'There was a massacre,' he bellowed. 'The Basiji and the police came into our student dorms. It all started after the violence last Saturday. The people in the street had been throwing stones, so many of us fled from the campus to our homes. We came back yesterday and it seemed quiet. Then all these armed men burst into the dorms, shooting.'

1:39 AM ET -- Going green. From a reader: "On Facebook, Iranians are asking the South Koreans to wear green for the Iran Korea World cup qualifying game on June 17th in Korea, as a show of support for Iranian people."

1:35 AM ET -- Iran's state media: seven people killed on Monday. More on this coming soon but wanted to get this up, sent in by more people than I can name:"

Iran Updates (VIDEO): Live-Blogging The Uprising

of_gold
Member # 13418

CAIRO — Iranian authorities are restricting all journalists working for foreign media from firsthand reporting on the streets.

The rules cover all journalists, including Iranians working for foreign media. It blocks images and eyewitness descriptions of the protests and violence that has followed last week's disputed elections.

The order issued Tuesday limits journalists for foreign media to work only from their offices, conducting telephone interviews and monitoring official sources such as state television.

It comes as foreign reporters in Iran to cover the elections began leaving the country. Iranian officials say they will not extend their visas.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

Awe-inspiring courage. 12:17 AM ET -- Awe-inspiring courage. Another moment that brings tears to my eyes. With gun shots being fired around them, and men with rifles perched above yards away, the crowd stays and chants together, "Don't be scared, we're all together."

of_gold
Member # 13418

I can't do this because I work from my computer so I am posting it incase someone here is able to.

8:22 PM ET -- One person = one broadcaster. The latest from the Mousavi campaign's official Twitter account: "We have no national press coverage in Iran, everyone should help spread Mousavi's message. One Person = One Broadcaster."

7:42 PM ET -- Something you can do. How to set up a proxy so Iranian web users can get around the censors. Here's a mirror site if that one is slow.

of_gold
Member # 13418

11:37 AM ET -- Sabotaging Twitter. If you've been watching the Iran unrest unfold on Twitter, I think you'll agree that there's been an increase in messages, allegedly from Iranians, that seem phony or meant to cause confusion. Surely, some of this is due to pranksters, in the U.S. and elsewhere, who simply enjoy disrupting social networking technology.

In addition, legitimate Iranian tweeters are getting concerned about something more sinister.

# DO NOT RT anything U read from "NEW" tweeters, gvmt spreading misinfo #gr88 #iranelection

# RT @RobertHooman: RT @stopAhmadi Security forces opening twitter accounts 2 pose as protestors n spread disinformation

of_gold
Member # 13418

11:28 AM ET -- The scene in Shiraz. Lots of accounts on Twitter about attacks in the city of Shiraz last night. Reader Mona sends over an email from her cousin there:

I don't have access to fb and other sites.

I can only check my emails.
All communication tools are limited here. They are making people silent.
Last night they attacked Shiraz University and hit students at school which is illegal.
Masters of uni protested the police to enter the school and dormitory but they hit them too.
Many teachers resigned and all final exams are canceled.
Last night many girls were standing outside of the dormitory because the police didn't allow them to go back to their rooms, so they called us and we invited them to our houses.
You don't know how rude they are.
They are like wild animals.
People here attacked public places like banks to show their anger.
I am so angry because there is no way to communicate with other people!!!!!!!!!!
Our voice should be heard please tell the world what's going on here.

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
There were DOS-attacks ( by opposition), and this has also happend with earlier events as the revolution in former russian republics. Iranian actvist used Pagereboot to stop gouvernment websites. besides that there were self-made DDos-attack-programmes distributed by for instance, sportfora.
In a reaction to the attacks, the gouvernment supported newssites were sending the attacks back, with the result that also these sites went on black.
All this seems to be normal...

--------------------

of_gold
Member # 13418

11:05 AM ET -- Mousavi speaks at the mourning rally. A reliable Iranian on Twitter types up some of the highlights on the fly, via reader Ian:

· I have come due to concerns of current political and social conditions - to defend the rights of the nation

· I have come to improve Irans International relations
· I have come to tell the world and return to Iran our pride, our dignity, our future
· I have come to bring to Iran a FUTURE of FREEDOM, of HOPE, of fulfilment
· I have come to represent the poor the helpless the hungry
· I have come to be ACCOUNTABLE to you my people and to this world
· Iran must participate in FAIR elections, it is a matter of national importance
· I have come to you because of the corruption in Iran
· 25% inflation means IGNORANCE - THIEVING - CORRUPTION - where is the wealth of my nation?
· What have you done with $300 BILLION in last 4 years - where is the wealth of the nation?
· The next Gov of Iran will be chosen by the people
· Why do all our young want to leave this country?
· I know of no creation who places HIMSELF ahead of 20 million of the nation
· We are Muslims - what is happening in Iran Government is a sin
· This Gov is not what Imam Khomeini wanted for Iran - #Irane lection I will change all this - This is the SEA of GREEN

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

of_gold
Member # 13418

Obama: "The world Is watching." President Obama comments on Khamenei's speech in a new interview with CBS News' Harry Smith:

"And I'm very concerned based on some of the tenor -- and tone of the statements that have been made -- that the government of Iran recognize that the world is watching. And how they approach and deal with people who are, through peaceful means, trying to be heard will, I think, send a pretty clear signal to the international community about what Iran is and -- and is not."

messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for messenger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Obama: "The world Is watching." President Obama comments on Khamenei's speech in a new interview with CBS News' Harry Smith:

"And I'm very concerned based on some of the tenor -- and tone of the statements that have been made -- that the government of Iran recognize that the world is watching. And how they approach and deal with people who are, through peaceful means, trying to be heard will, I think, send a pretty clear signal to the international community about what Iran is and -- and is not."

**** Obama
Posts: 406 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

A woman weeps.

Tomorrow is Saturday. Tomorrow is a day of destiny.

Tonight, the cries of Allah-o Akbar are heard louder and louder than the nights before.

Where is this place? Where is this place where every door is closed? Where is this place where people are simply calling God? Where is this place where the sound of Allah-o Akbar gets louder and louder?

I wait every night to see if the sounds will get louder and whether the number increases. It shakes me. I wonder if God is shaken.

Where is this place that where so many innocent people are entrapped? Where is this place where no one comes to our aid? Where is this place that only with our silence we are sending our voices to the world? Where is this place that the young shed blood and then people go and pray -- standing on that same blood and pray. Where is this place where the citizens are called vagrants?

Where is this place? You want me to tell you? This place is Iran. The homeland of you and me.
This place is Iran.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gold, The government of Iran is not interested in what the protesters want. They will kill them before they will change. If they want a new government the protesters will have to lay their lives on the line.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

I am fully aware of this Hammer. I think we need to stand by the Iranian people and watch.

--------------------

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know gold :

'We are Peeersians, meowww, dit diri dittid Iraan!!' [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Controversial Election Results in Iran

A Silence that Speaks Volumes

Iran's Shia clerics are obviously unhappy with the current situation; their silence is deafening. In the run-up to the election, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad obviously made a number of enemies amongst the clergy. Bahman Nirumand has the details

Grand Ayatollah Yousef Saanei (or Sanei), a former member of the Guardian Council, announced on Sunday that he will not accept a government that is built on lies. As far as he is concerned, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not the legitimate president of Iran.

Following the country's election debacle, Sanei announced in the holy city of Qom that he will travel to Tehran and engage in a sit-down strike until such time as the allegations of vote-rigging are cleared up.

Grand Ayatollah Safi Golpayegani, an ultra conservative and one of the most important Shia clerics in the country, has warned the state leadership in Tehran of the dangers of a further escalation of the situation.

In the past, it was customary for all grand ayatollahs to congratulate the winner of an election, especially the winner of a presidential election. It was seen as the clergy's legitimation of the election result; in a theocracy, this kind of legitimation is absolutely essential.

The silence of the clerics

Now, however, most ayatollahs are saying nothing. Even the conservatives have not made it clear where they stand. This means that the revolutionary leader, Ali Khamenei, who also lays claim to the title of Supreme leader, stands pretty much alone.

There are two reasons for the leading clerics' reserve in this matter: firstly, Ahmadinejad's government is accused of lying, and secondly, the man who is said to have lost the election is demanding justice. Were an ayatollah to legitimate lies or accept injustice, he would lose his support among the faithful.

In Shia Islam, the status of a leader is determined by the faithful. The more followers an ayatollah has, the more contributions he receives and, consequently, the more students come to him.

The poor and needy rely on his support. Now that the entire country is discussing what is the truth and what is a lie, taking sides is not really an option for the ayatollahs.

The clerics' claim to justice

Moreover, justice is one of the key pillars of Shia Islam. Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of the Islamic Republic, came to power with the proclaimed intention of bringing justice to all. The degree to which an Iranian statesman, even the revolutionary leader, remains true to this principle is a measure of his legitimacy.

Ayatollah Khamenei declared that the election result was correct and congratulated Ahmadinejad on his victory before the Guardian Council announced the election result. Without this announcement, the result is not officially valid.

If it were to come to light that the elections had been rigged and that Mousavi was wrongly declared the loser, this would, objectively speaking, negate the legitimacy of the revolutionary leader and be a reason to remove him from office.

This decision, however, lies in the hands of the Assembly of Experts, the council of clerics that is elected directly by the people. The chairman of this assembly is the former president Hashemi Rafsanjani, one of the most powerful men in the power structure of this theocracy.

Rafsanjani's protests

Rafsanjani, who is highly respected by the grand ayatollahs, also considers himself to have been treated unjustly during the election campaign. During a television debate with his rival Mir Hossein Mousavi, Ahmadinejad said that Rafsanjani was corrupt and accused him of having enriched himself and those close to him.

Rafsanjani wrote a letter to the revolutionary leader, complaining about these remarks and calling on him to rebuke the president for his words. Khamenei has not yet answered this letter, which was made public.

The silence of the majority of the country's clerics now means that instead of relying on the support of the clergy, Khamenei is having to rely on military forces, paramilitary groups, and secret services to secure his grip on power.

This is a highly precarious situation for a revolutionary leader to be in. Unlike his predecessor, Ayatollah Khomeini, Khamenei has never really been fully accepted as religious leader by Iran's high-ranking clergy.

As far as the grand ayatollahs are concerned, his meagre theological background made him a second-rate choice. If he does not manage to get at least a few ayatollahs on his side, the air around him could soon start to get very thin.

Bahman Nirumand, © Tageszeitung / Qantara.de 2009

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Iranians brouht all of this on themselves when they overthrew the Shah. He was trying to make a modern country out of Iran and they would have been exactly that had they continued to progress.
I have no sympathy for Iranians. They have been responsible for the deaths of more Americans since the 70's then any nation in the world.
I relish their misery.

Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
The Iranians brouht all of this on themselves when they overthrew the Shah. He was trying to make a modern country out of Iran and they would have been exactly that had they continued to progress.
I have no sympathy for Iranians. They have been responsible for the deaths of more Americans since the 70's then any nation in the world.
I relish their misery.

You're right in one thing:

The Shah's idea was "to realize an old dream" - to create a modern energy infrastructure, built around nuclear power generation, that would transform the entire Middle East's power needs.

In 1978, Iran had the world's fourth largest nuclear program, the largest among developing states, and the plan was for 20 new reactors by 1995.

The idea was simple - to diversify from Iran's dependence on oil and weaken Washington and London's pressure to recycle petrodollars. Also involved was investing in leading European companies to ally with the continent. Washington was alarmed and tried to block the plan but failed.

Responding to policy disagreements and a fluctuating dollar, they took steps to create a European currency zone and proposed Phase I of the European Monetary System (EMS) under which central banks of EEC countries agreed to stabilize their currencies relative to each other. EMS became operational in 1979 with notable positive results. This worried Washington and London as a threat to petrodollar supremacy, Britain refused to be an EMS partner, and Carter was unable to dissuade Germany from pursuing a nuclear option. The situation required drastic action.

It began in November 1978 with a White House Iran task force that recommended Washington end support for the Shah and replace him with Ayatollah Khomeini, then living in France. It would be by the same type coup that overthrew the Iranian government in 1953 along with broader aims that again are in play in the region.

Key then (and now) was to balkanize the Middle East along tribal and religious lines - a simple divide and conquer strategy that worked in the 1990s Balkan wars. The aim was to create an "Arc of Crisis" that would spread to Central Asia and the Soviet Union. Another 1978 event highlighted the urgency. At the time, the Shah was negotiating a 25-year oil agreement with British Petroleum (BP), but talks broke down in October. BP demanded exclusive rights to future Iranian output but refused to guarantee oil purchases. The Shah balked and was on the verge of independently seeking new buyers with eager ones lined up in Germany, France, Japan and elsewhere.

Washington and London were alarmed and acted. They implemented destabilization plans, starting with cutting Iranian oil purchases. Economic pressures followed, and trained US and UK agitators exacerbated them by fanning religious discontent and overall turmoil. Oil strikes as well were used. They crippled production and made things worse. American security advisors recommended Iran's Savak secret police use repressive tactics to maximize antipathy to the Shah. The Carter administration cynically protested human rights abuses, and BBC correspondents exaggerated anti-Shah protests to rev up hysteria against him. At the same time, it gave Khomeini an open platform to speak and prevented the Shah from replying.

Things came to a head in January, 1979 when he fled the country, and Khomeini returned to Tehran and proclaimed a theocratic state. Chaos was unleashed, and by May the new regime cancelled plans for further nuclear reactor development. At the same time, Iran's oil exports were cut off, and the Saudis inexplicably cut their own in January. Spot prices skyrocketed, and a second oil shock ensued that was as deviously conceived as the first one. Then it got worse. In October, newly appointed Fed Chairman Paul Volker unleashed a new scheme that turned calamity into catastrophe by design.

It was a radical new monetary policy on the pretext of "squeezing inflation out of the system." In fact, it was made-in-Washington fraud to preserve dollar hegemony, make it the world's most sought currency, and crush industrial growth to let political and financial power prop up dollar strength. Volker succeeded by raising interest rates from 10% to 16% and finally 20% in weeks. World policy makers were stunned, economies plunged into the deepest recession since the 1930s, and the dollar began an extraordinary five year ascent.

The combined effect of oil and Volker shocks took "the bloom off the nuclear rose" and ended its threat to Anglo-American oil supremacy. And if more was needed it came on March 28, 1979 in the middle of Pennsylvania at a place called Three Mile Island. Conveniently, at the same time The China Syndrome was released that fictionalized the ongoing event. The combined effect was public hysteria, and later investigation revealed critical valves had illegally been closed. In addition, FEMA controlled all news to create panic.

The scheme worked, and Anglo-American supremacy was reasserted over the industrial and financial world. Nothing is stable forever, however, and within a decade new rumblings would be felt.

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat:
You know gold :

'We are Peeersians, meowww, dit diri dittid Iraan!!' [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

lol, meoowww, like the cat. [Big Grin]

Good article Dalia. Happy to read it. [Smile]

Hammer, Being his typical propagator of hate self. [Frown]

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
I do not like Iranians Gold and with good reason. Do you remember the hit son in 1979, 'Bomb bomb bomb Iran?' My sentimens exactly. Someone my forgive them for the hostage crisis but it will not be me.
of_gold
Member # 13418

What a stupid view.

--------------------

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
It is not a stupid view. These people have attacked and insulted your country for 30 years, whats wrong with you? The bled amercan soldiers in Iraq for years and were behind many of the most heinous terror attacks known to man. They have burned your flag and made public dispays out of your citizens. Screw them, I enjoy seein them suffer.
of_gold
Member # 13418

2:47 PM ET -- Obama: "The world is watching." Just out from the White House:

The Iranian government must understand that the world is watching. We mourn each and every innocent life that is lost. We call on the Iranian government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people. The universal rights to assembly and free speech must be respected, and the United States stands with all who seek to exercise those rights.

As I said in Cairo, suppressing ideas never succeeds in making them go away. The Iranian people will ultimately judge the actions of their own government. If the Iranian government seeks the respect of the international community, it must respect the dignity of its own people and govern through consent, not coercion.

Martin Luther King once said - "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." I believe that. The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples' belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness.

Also, the White House press pool just received a notice to gather at 3:10 PM ET. He may be making an on-camera statement.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Just hot air, he will not do squat except talk, that is all he does well.

Moral universe my ass Gold. It is time to wake up from utopian dreamland and join the real world.

Obama is running around like a chicken with his head cut off without a clue of what he is doing.

Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Patriot, you can't blame all Iranians for the decisions of a government that has oppressed them. It takes a lot of courage for these ordinary people to rise up against the current regime. If you look at the videos coming out of Iran, most of these people don't look old enough to have been around when the hostage crisis took place. A better future may lie with the new generation.
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
oh I know but they are still the cockroaches of the middle east. The sad part is that if the region really blows up we are led by a goofball with an ugly wife whose claim to fame is his ability to give a speech.
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"AmericanPatriot", using your "logic", Iranians are justified in hating Americans moreso, than your hatred of them; you curtailed the Sovereignty of a Nation-State when you overthrew Mohammed Mossadeq in 1953.

Every geographic disposition on this globe has suffered at the hands of U.S. coups, assassinations and bombings, as well as the deadly IMF and World Bank policies, people all over the world from the Balkans, south America, Africa, "the Middle East", Central Asia and south east Asia, should despise you for the afflictions they have endured from the avaricious empire.

Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
I could care less what the Iranians think. I hope they all come down with a terrible genital itch that never goes away. I am an american and I support our poicy in ALL cases.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ just because you got crabs doesn't mean you have to wish it on others. Damn.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Please God let the people know that not all Americans are heartless bigots with no moral consious as the example above shows.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love how western media shows "Amateur" videos from Iran (e.g. "Neda") which they admit they cannot authenticate, yet this doesn't stop them from talking about it as if it were fact. If this is not naked propaganda I don't know what is.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bonzo
Member # 12594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bonzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I can agree with American Patriot is that Obama has no clue what to do and Hillary is probably asking Bill what she should do. This is one that this administration can't blame on Bush like they've been accustomeed to doing up to this point.
Posts: 370 | From: Other side of reality | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

akoben, Do you think that the media should only post videos from the government that the people are protesting against?

Bonzo, What do you think anyone can do? Iran does have human rights issues regardless of current events. When such a large portion of the people of any country stand up and protest someone should pay attention.

The only thing that I think the world can do is watch and stand with the people by saying that we don't accept the results of the election. Surly it would be a lot easier to hold another election than to kill people in the streets. How long can educated people live under such tyranny?

--------------------

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
No. But if you admit you can't authenticate a source why talk about it as if you did? Unless of course you have an agenda. History repeating itself:

The Carter administration cynically protested human rights abuses, and BBC correspondents exaggerated anti-Shah protests to rev up hysteria against him.

I'm sure alot of people will fall for it again. The masses are so stupid.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Hell Gold, look what we are living under. This clown just ignores settled contract law and screws the bond holders to the wall in the car deal. Who is going to buy a bond now?
He has the damn government literally owning the majority of two car companies. 29% of the population says they will not buy a GM or Chrysler car from a government owned company. He'll just pour in more of our hard eraned money to buy the votes of his union cronies.

in the primary Hillary tried to warn us he was not qualified, Joe Biden tried to warn us he was not qualified and here we are.

of_gold
Member # 13418

akoben, Who cares if they can confirm her name. It is obvious that she has been shot. The video is real.

Yes, hammer, you have it so tough. Lets post your cries of injustice so the world can morn with you. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
It is obvious that she has been shot.
OMG, what an incredibly stupid statement! You mean someone couldn't stage a shooting victim in a video? You must live in a cave next to "bin ladin" as you clearly never heard of Hollywood or even Bollywood! "It is obvious that she has been shot." LOL
of_gold
Member # 13418

Right, the whole thing has been staged in Hollywood. [Roll Eyes] Damn, what cleaver Americans and how intelligent of you to catch onto it there in Jamaica. [Roll Eyes]

So, tell us all how well the government of Iran treats its citizens since you are apparently so educated on the subject.

--------------------

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Look lady I have no time for you foolishness. Never claimed to be educated on the Iranian government policies. I do know, however, that a picture of someone on the ground with red substance around them is not proof that that person has been "shot".
of_gold
Member # 13418

The foolishness is to say it was staged in Hollywood.

You might want to speak with some Iranians and ask them about the situation.

By the way they did not say that they can't authenticate the source. They said that they cannot confirm the situation or her name.

of_gold
Member # 13418

Human Rights in Islamic Republic of Iran
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
The foolishness is to say it was staged in Hollywood.

Prey tell, where did I say it was staged in Hollywood? Be careful how you answer this as it might reveal your lack of basic comprehension skills.
quote:
By the way they did not say that they can't authenticate the source. They said that they cannot confirm the situation or her name.
Yes agreed. But this does your propaganda no good either.
of_gold
Member # 13418

You didn't say it, you implied it.

My propaganda? You must be kidding. Come on sir, you should really do some reading about the subject.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
quote:
You didn't say it, you implied it.

See what I mean?. LOL

My point is a video in and of itself is not "proof" of anything as it is possible to stage a shooting victim. And you must be a cave woman ignorant of movie industries (Hollywood or Bollywood) for not knowing this. Never said it was staged in Hollywood. Hope this helps, but I know this will go over your head as did my initial post.
quote:
My propaganda? You must be kidding. Come on sir, you should really do some reading about the subject.
Please provide this reading list that will prove the woman in the video making the rounds on the internet is "real".
of_gold
Member # 13418

In my post above is a link to Amnesty International so you can read about human rights issues in Iran which is what I was suggesting to you.

--------------------

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Amnesty international? jesus Gold, why don't you get a report out of a mental institution, it would be about the same.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iranian people have to fight this one out with their own government. The Americans should not stick their noses into this issue cause any involvement will only backfire and strain the relations between both countries even further.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com