EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » Is Reagan the Late Moses?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Reagan the Late Moses?
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at last night's debates, and couldn't help but be reminded of a recurring pattern in these debates: Republicans like to quote him like a bible, and even speak of his "commandments". Is that not Moses-like?
Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes republicans quote Reagan ad nauseam. I've seen it many times over the years as if he is or was some kind of savior. BS.

I believe Rand Paul brought up Reagan's Iran/Contra affair last night but it quickly fell by the wayside.

A sidenote is it's interesting to see how both parties will invoke a ''will of the American people'' (not last night) when the ''will' only separates the not so willed by a few percent. That alway amazes me. Wouldn't it be better to say the issue is contentious by a slim majority. But no, the will of the American people speaks. Yeah, a Supreme Court decision of 5/4 represents the will of the court but most people don't even look at the swing vote justice, all they see is ''we won.'' Take away that (an impossibility) and it's tied. So how can one judge 'represent the will' of the American people except in a legal sense. Yet that's the democratic and legal way.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The republican candidates speak of Reagan as if they live by his "commandments". The guy has ceased to be the human he was. The reference to the so-called "11th commandment of Reagan" in last night's debate was just classic.

--------------------
The Complete Picture of the Past tells Us what Not to Repeat

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jalarcon
Member # 18979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jalarcon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronald Reagan is their Icon/idol and that is why they quote him so often during political debates. I do not know if everyone here knows this fact: Ronald Reagan was a democrat before he became a republican.

--------------------
detox diets for weight loss foods that burn belly fat

how to cure mercury poisoning treatment cure mercury detox safe mercury detoxification

Posts: 6 | From: burbank ca | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not Moses.

More like Republicans quoting from the Satanic Bible.

For Repubs, Charleston Heston is their Moses, with a machine gun.

--------------------
Melanin King 4Shared Ebook and video depository;
http://www.4shared.com/u/vprmsqkz/1027fc89/melaninking.html

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not just Republicans but you see democrats quoting the Shrill as well. Quite sad
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fact is if Reagan was alive and kicking today he could play no part in Republican politics for believe it or not as conservative as Reagan was during his own era he would be viewed as a bleeding heart liberal when compared to today's mindless neo-cons, a mythology is being created and this also include Obama pushing it.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com