EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » No wonder Obama didn't want to intervene in Libya?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No wonder Obama didn't want to intervene in Libya?!
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4XvhlrL1sQ&feature=related

I don't know what to believe anymore. Was Qadhafi trying to orient the Libyan economy away from European economic control and unite with the rest of Africa?

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he was trying to do that, he had 42 long years to accomplish that task. Sadly he did not.

Was he really about Africa or self aggrandisment?

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ fake poster. lol

Dana, why do you think Obama didnt want to intervene in Libya?

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Stupid pink-ass boy! LMBAO

Here are the questions you fled from waiting for your responses.

No hiding place for swines:

quote:
Loser

Is Nkrumah a marxist? [Big Grin]

Is Dubois a marxist? [Big Grin]

Is Horace "I know that guy" Campbell your drinking buddy?

Answer quick and fast!

Those were your false claims and insinuations tonight, before I whipped your pink swine ass raw red with cat-o-nine tails of knowledge....

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=005442;p=4

And one extra, are you still claiming that you are a Jamaican? LMBAO at the pink swine [Big Grin]
Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
student86
Member # 19663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for student86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:

I don't know what to believe anymore. Was Qadhafi trying to orient the Libyan economy away from European economic control and unite with the rest of Africa?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
student86
Member # 19663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for student86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think it is fairly possible that he was trying to do that. I have heard others say similar thing. Here is more information about Libya that was not reported in the media:

http://redstomp.org/forums/showthread.php?1314-Gaddafi-s-social-and-welfare-programmes-in-Libya

Gadhafi became the leader of Libya in 1969. The living standards of Libyans have improved significantly since the 1970s, ranking the country among the highest in Africa. Urbanization, developmental projects, and high oil revenues have enabled the Libyan government to elevate its people's living standards. The social and economic status of women and children has particularly improved. Various subsidized or free services (health, education, housing, and basic foodstuffs) have ensured basic necessities. The low percentage of people without access to safe water (3 percent), health services (0 percent) and sanitation (2 percent), and a relatively high life expectancy (70.2 years) in 1998 indicate the improved living standards. Adequate health care and subsidized foodstuffs have sharply reduced infant mortality, from 105 per 1,000 live births in 1970 to 20 per 1,000 live births in 1998. The government also subsidizes education, which is compulsory and free between the ages of 6 and 15. The expansion of educational facilities has elevated the literacy rate (78.1 in 1998).

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
^Stupid pink-ass boy! LMBAO

Here are the questions you fled from waiting for your responses.

No hiding place for swines:

quote:
Loser

Is Nkrumah a marxist? [Big Grin]

Is Dubois a marxist? [Big Grin]

Is Horace "I know that guy" Campbell your drinking buddy?

Answer quick and fast!

Those were your false claims and insinuations tonight, before I whipped your pink swine ass raw red with cat-o-nine tails of knowledge....

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=005442;p=4

And one extra, are you still claiming that you are a Jamaican? LMBAO at the pink swine [Big Grin]
hehehehe

You've been "outed", again, Valerie. What will your new ES name be this time around?

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
^^
Pink lying swine.

Laughing My Black Ass Off [Big Grin] at the pink boy!

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
^ fake poster. lol

I don't know anguish but i hope the poster of this video didn't know what he was talking about. Because I sure would hate to be on the wrong side of history. [Frown]
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by student86:
quote:

I think it is fairly possible that he was trying to do that. I have heard others say similar thing. Here is more information about Libya that was not reported in the media:

http://redstomp.org/forums/showthread.php?1314-Gaddafi-s-social-and-welfare-programmes-in-Libya

Gadhafi became the leader of Libya in 1969. The living standards of Libyans have improved significantly since the 1970s, ranking the country among the highest in Africa. Urbanization, developmental projects, and high oil revenues have enabled the Libyan government to elevate its people's living standards. The social and economic status of women and children has particularly improved. Various subsidized or free services (health, education, housing, and basic foodstuffs) have ensured basic necessities. The low percentage of people without access to safe water (3 percent), health services (0 percent) and sanitation (2 percent), and a relatively high life expectancy (70.2 years) in 1998 indicate the improved living standards. Adequate health care and subsidized foodstuffs have sharply reduced infant mortality, from 105 per 1,000 live births in 1970 to 20 per 1,000 live births in 1998. The government also subsidizes education, which is compulsory and free between the ages of 6 and 15. The expansion of educational facilities has elevated the literacy rate (78.1 in 1998).

Thanks for that and now I will have to do some more research to see if progressives here in America are saying the same things as it sounds too good to be true or to last in any case. Of course it could be that they are afraid over here and will not have said much about it.

If that is the case I'm wondering who took over the country and/or wanted Qadhafi out.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
^ fake poster. lol

I don't know anguish but i hope the poster of this video didn't know what he was talking about. Because I sure would hate to be on the wrong side of history. [Frown]
Why do you think Obama didn't want to intervene in Libya?
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
^ fake poster. lol

Why do you think Obama didn't want to intervene in Libya?
I said I don't know. But now personally I think it is a matter of the north-south confrontation. That is developing countries needing to maintain control over the south.

On the other hand, from what I understand Ghaddafi wasn't too fond of the Tibou and other people of the Fezzan and i'm not sure why that is now either.

I don't even know if he considered himself Berber or Arab or if he just opposed peoples against his goals of uniting Africans.

Don't know. Too many stories out there.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what he is asking, is what makes you think Obama was against intervening in Libya, not what his intentions were for not wanting to do it. You'd first have to demonstrate the former in order to be pondering the latter.

From what I remember, Obama was no different from the others, as soon as rulers from the Middle East gave the green light to fight Qaddafi, or as the sugar coaters put it: ''help the rebels''.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
I think what he is asking, is what makes you think Obama was against intervening in Libya, not what his intentions were for not wanting to do it. You'd first have to demonstrate the former in order to be pondering the latter.

From what I remember, Obama was no different from the others, as soon as rulers from the Middle East gave the green light to fight Qaddafi, or as the sugar coaters put it: ''help the rebels''.

it sounded more like anguish is saying Obama didn't want to do it, and why didn't I think he wanted to. But I don't know.
Bettyboo
Member # 12987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bettyboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

^I hear so many rumors. Libya for a long time was a subordinate of the western superpowers. His role was to benefit the west with the oil riches of Libya and other resources of Africa. Qadhafi did not obey orders, though he played along with the system for awhile. He reneged on his role to supply and enlarge Europe in order to protect Libya from being subjugated to western "liberism", but I think he changed stance and beliefs too late. Qadhafi was killed (so I heard) simply because he was a trader or the western powers.

This is just ONE rumor I heard. But I think it is much more deeper and personal than that.

Posts: 2088 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com