EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Most Deceptive Movie of the Year

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Most Deceptive Movie of the Year
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the title of a movie ?? What is deceptive about it ?

I did not like 200 and certainly not 400 [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

(sorry, have no idea ...)

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sobriquet, it might not be out yet....

Are you gonna watch the following:

"The Hurt Locker"
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000629

"Rendition"

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000610 ?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Is this the title of a movie ?? What is deceptive about it ?

I did not like 200 and certainly not 400 [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

(sorry, have no idea ...)

Well the movie was based on Battle of Thermopylae but there were several factors that were inconsistent with the actual battle:

- Portrayal of Xerexs (king of Persia), in reality he looked nothing like that.

- The effemination of Persian troops when in reality the Spartan males were just as much ‘boy lovers’ as the Athenian brethren.

-The number of Greek combatants was much more in the actual battle.

-Inclusion of monsters, some of which looked like they were out of a Hellraiser movie, especially the one with crab like arms and hands.

-Queen Gorgo actually slept with 2 council men and not simply one. [Big Grin]

I expected an Epic and what I saw was a joke.

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Sobriquet, it might not be out yet....

Are you gonna watch the following:

"The Hurt Locker"
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000629

"Rendition"

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000610 ?

Rendition sounds real good:

"A CIA analyst based in Cairo finds his world spinning out of control after he witnesses the interrogation of a foreign national by the Egyptian secret police." - Yahoo movies

The Hurt Locker sounds great too

Sure i'll watch them [Smile] i love thrillers.

Chesty
Member # 13626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chesty   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
300 was actually based on a comic book about the 300 Spartans. so it was exactly what it was portrayed to be. A recruiting piece for teenage bays to become homosexuals.

And a neat monster movie with a 12 foot tall gay Xerxes with 21st century piercings!

--------------------
College Ski Trips
myrtle beach

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com