Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Tacos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tacos
sei-i taishogun
Member # 13217

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sei-i taishogun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know some of you cheat and you use Old El Paso Taco Shells and Taco mix and I do so too. Here though is an excellent homemade soft taco recipe - also many other delcious recipes are in this website - and dumb proof with images [Smile]

If you have a taco recipe share it - i'm gonna cook some tacos probably tonight (monday) or maybe tuesday night or maybe wednesday ... not sure but this week and i will cheat ...coz i gotz me the ready made taco shells that i found on sale right here.

Enjoy your tacos [Smile]

pics will come [Big Grin]

Posts: 2079 | From: 'by any means necessary' - Malcom X | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Tacos De Matamoros

INGREDIENTS

* 2 pounds ground chuck
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 tablespoons paprika
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
* 1/2 medium onion, chopped
* 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
* 12 ounces queso asadero (white Mexican cheese)
* 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
* 1 large tomato, diced
* 2 cups shredded lettuce

DIRECTIONS

1. Place the ground chuck in a large skillet, and season with chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, garlic powder, and garlic. Pour in enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 hour. Add more water as necessary during cook time, and break the meat into small pieces.
2. Mix the bell pepper and onion into the skillet, and continue to simmer 30 minutes. Drain and reserve juices. Skim the fat off the juices(or, if not preparing the tacos right away, place juices in the freezer until fat may be easily removed from the top). Mix 5 tablespoons of the remaining juices back into the skillet with the beef, and cook until heated through.
3. Serve the beef on the tortillas. Garnish with queso asadero, sour cream, tomato, and lettuce.

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com