Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » remembering EXILED? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: remembering EXILED?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000912

those were the good days of cooking together [Razz] [Smile]

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dolphin and Tina,I just looked at some of the work you and Exile were doing...can't wait to try some especially the Lamb..mmmm...lamb [Big Grin] I have a problem I cannot scan or post pics so it's hard to see what my dishes may looked like [Frown] and Tina has your friend made bread using habanero peppers before?? I am very intrested in the out come. anyways here a short history on the origin of Jerk:

What Is Jerk Cooking?

Jerk began in the Caribbean in the 17th century as a method for preserving meats by African freedom fighters called maroons living in the mountains and pirates and Buccaneers and today has become a favorite way to add a zesty taste of the islands to meats and seafood.
Jerk cooking uses distinctive spices to flavor slowly grilled meats and seafood. Food cooked with this method is tender and has a delicious spicy-sweet taste.
The term jerk is most likely derived from the Spanish word charqui, a term used for dried meat. Another possible origin is that it describes the poking or jerking of meat with a sharp object to create holes where spices are inserted.
The Maroon hunters from Africa Learned from the Arawaks who inhabited Jamaica were the first to use jerk seasoning to preserve meats that were then smoked over pimento wood.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what ever happened with exiled? did somethin bad happen i can not believe he would just leave us all hanging like that. u know he loves to travel i just hope nothin bad happened to him. i miss his posts so much as well. he is a great story teller.of all his travels.

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
been wondering that myself....miss his cooking !
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is his birthday today! [Smile]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ladies,

I'm fine. [Smile] Yeah I miss those cooking days Micky. You know I'm a lot quicker, mainly because I take short cuts now. Jerk chicken for example, instead of doing it from scratch I use Walkerwoods Jerk Chicken Seasoning. This is just an example.

But yeah I'm good, hope all of you fine ladies are well too. It's been a while but I did mention that I would be away for a year or so. I don't know if I'll stick around that long this time as well. But I will be back for good next year, and I do mean back for good.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Hey ladies,

I'm fine. [Smile] Yeah I miss those cooking days Micky. You know I'm a lot quicker, mainly because I take short cuts now. Jerk chicken for example, instead of doing it from scratch I use Walkerwoods Jerk Chicken Seasoning. This is just an example.

But yeah I'm good, hope all of you fine ladies are well too. It's been a while but I did mention that I would be away for a year or so. I don't know if I'll stick around that long this time as well. But I will be back for good next year, and I do mean back for good.

finally we missed ya dear. hows the wife?we know yr fine.
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heyy Exiled!!

Welcome to 'this' side [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you ladies. Tina my wife is fine, thank you for asking.

Shah, I opened a new account to login, just this time with 2 "i" in exiled. [Big Grin] Hey it was the best I could do. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Shah, I opened a new account to login, just this time with 2 "i" in exiled. [Big Grin] Hey it was the best I could do. [Big Grin]

omg Exiiled , i missed you the most. [Wink] i want to do some cooking again real soon..dont be gone so long plzzz? you said you will be back next year for good , is that 2010?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:

doesnt matter wat yr id is asd long as its u and yr back...
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
quote:

omg Exiiled , i missed you the most. [Wink] i want to do some cooking again real soon..dont be gone so long plzzz? you said you will be back next year for good , is that 2010?
Hi Micky, I know you missed me and I missed you too, a lot! Yes I'll be back for good in 2010, which month I am not so sure. But hey I'll be around for a little while now. Maybe a month, maybe two, maybe less, dunno.

You know in a year I'll have all the free time and really there is nothing more that I want to do than cook some of your delicious recipes. [Smile]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
and share with us???

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
and share with us???

No problem Tina. Taking pics of how the dishes turned out was fun. A little pressure, and I know that I messed up several times, like the turkey I cooked on Thanksgiving 2008. I cut the skin near the tail that was necessary to tuck the legs in. Also the Calazones that turned out dry and awful. [Big Grin] And my first attempt at Jerk Chicken, etc. Looking back it was all fun. [Smile]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi Micky, I know you missed me and I missed you too, a lot! Yes I'll be back for good in 2010, which month I am not so sure. But hey I'll be around for a little while now. Maybe a month, maybe two, maybe less, dunno.

You know in a year I'll have all the free time and really there is nothing more that I want to do than cook some of your delicious recipes. [Smile]

still sweet as ever...are you still in Jordan?
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
and share with us???

No problem Tina. Taking pics of how the dishes turned out was fun. A little pressure, and I know that I messed up several times, like the turkey I cooked on Thanksgiving 2008. I cut the skin near the tail that was necessary to tuck the legs in. Also the Calazones that turned out dry and awful. [Big Grin] And my first attempt at Jerk Chicken, etc. Looking back it was all fun. [Smile]
well u made some mistakes so what the more u learn the better u will be so lets get u cooking cas i am hungry.. lol
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Yes I'm still in the mountains. But I'm moving again and when I do I won't budge for a while. [Smile]

Better have a lot of seafood recipes for me because I will live by the sea. [Smile] And I plan to cook a lot of your recipes. You know Micky, you gave my taste buds pleasure they never knew existed before. [Smile]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
exiled i know u have some pics and a story for us cas u been gone a while. post one plz. and some pics. like last time.we missed reading yr stories.

--------------------

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
and share with us???

well u made some mistakes so what the more u learn the better u will be so lets get u cooking cas i am hungry.. lol
You are funny Tina [Big Grin] Crack me up. I am in no position to cook at this moment. It's like the middle of the night and I am just a tinny bit intoxicated. [Big Grin]

No joke I'm hungry too! [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member

Seafood Chowder Caribbean Style

Ingredients:
2 pounds assorted firm-fleshed fish (snapper, drum, trout)
1 pound large shrimp, shells on
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
4 onions, divided
4 cloves garlic, divided
3 stalks celery, divided
6 cups cold water
1/3 cup thick-sliced bacon, diced
2 sweet peppers, seeded and finely chopped
3 cups diced potatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 leaves bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup tomato paste
Beer, as needed
Cayenne and black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Clean and debone fishes; Cut fish in 2-inch cubes. Peel and devein shrimps. Reserve fish bones and shrimp shells.

2. Toss together fish, shrimp, lime juice, and jalapenos. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

3. Place fish bones and shrimp shells in stockpot with one unpeeled onion, one unpeeled garlic clove -both quartered- and one celery rib. Cover with water and simmer one hour. Drain and discard solids. Reserve stock.

4. Saute bacon until browned. Reserve bacon. Saute remaining three onions, two celery ribs and both peppers until tender and golden. Add garlic, finely mined, and saute a minute longer.

5. Add potatoes, thyme bay and nutmeg; cover with hot stock, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook until potatoes are barely tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.

6. Add fish and shrimp along with their marinade. Simmer another 10 to 15 minutes until done. Thin with beer, if needed, and adjust heat level to suit you. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
and share with us???

You are funny Tina [Big Grin] Crack me up. I am in no position to cook at this moment. It's like the middle of the night and I am just a tinny bit intoxicated. [Big Grin]

No joke I'm hungry too! [Big Grin]

i know silly i was joking.not like i can get to u and eat it. hahahahaha

but i still want a story.and pics.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
exiled i know u have some pics and a story for us cas u been gone a while. post one plz. and some pics. like last time.we missed reading yr stories.

Tina,

I'm happy you like my pics and chronicles of my travels. 2009 was just different, too personal and I am not open to sharing that just yet. How about a rain check? I'll be in Asia Feb/March and I promise to share and take loads of pics then?

And you know what I am moving to Asia and I plan to travel to numerous countries. So a little patience and I'll light this forum up with pics from exotic places. Sounds fair? [Smile]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:

Seafood Chowder Caribbean Style

Ingredients:
2 pounds assorted firm-fleshed fish (snapper, drum, trout)
1 pound large shrimp, shells on
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
4 onions, divided
4 cloves garlic, divided
3 stalks celery, divided
6 cups cold water
1/3 cup thick-sliced bacon, diced
2 sweet peppers, seeded and finely chopped
3 cups diced potatoes
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 leaves bay leaf
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
4 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup tomato paste
Beer, as needed
Cayenne and black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Clean and debone fishes; Cut fish in 2-inch cubes. Peel and devein shrimps. Reserve fish bones and shrimp shells.

2. Toss together fish, shrimp, lime juice, and jalapenos. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

3. Place fish bones and shrimp shells in stockpot with one unpeeled onion, one unpeeled garlic clove -both quartered- and one celery rib. Cover with water and simmer one hour. Drain and discard solids. Reserve stock.

4. Saute bacon until browned. Reserve bacon. Saute remaining three onions, two celery ribs and both peppers until tender and golden. Add garlic, finely mined, and saute a minute longer.

5. Add potatoes, thyme bay and nutmeg; cover with hot stock, tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook until potatoes are barely tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.

6. Add fish and shrimp along with their marinade. Simmer another 10 to 15 minutes until done. Thin with beer, if needed, and adjust heat level to suit you. [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

This recipe looks divine, Micky. Stop tempting me [Big Grin]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i am just so happy your back ...lets make a date to cook...i am free sunday and mondays now...off from work, and anytime you are ready..just wish Almaz was here then i would have my sous chefs back [Wink]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Tina,

I'm happy you like my pics and chronicles of my travels. 2009 was just different, too personal and I am not open to sharing that just yet. How about a rain check? I'll be in Asia Feb/March and I promise to share and take loads of pics then?

And you know what I am moving to Asia and I plan to travel to numerous countries. So a little patience and I'll light this forum up with pics from exotic places. Sounds fair? [Smile]

ok 3 months and counting. i know it will be worth the wait. and can u plz make a pic of u and yr wife for xmas and post it to us in private if u dont wanna post it in here.that way we know who u are and can put a face to yr good writings?and thanks. u are a sweet man.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
i am just so happy your back ...lets make a date to cook...i am free sunday and mondays now...off from work, and anytime you are ready..just wish Almaz was here then i would have my sous chefs back [Wink]

Ok cool, this Monday. You pick whatever recipe, just have indgredients ready for me by sunday so I can get 'em if I don't have 'em. It doesn't have to be seafood, I mentioned seafood because I was moving near the sea. I haven't moved yet, so choose any recipe you want. [Smile]

It's a date. And where is Almaz anyway?

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
she is in Canada the last i talked to her...she emailed me a while ago but haven't heard anything for a while...miss her also [Frown]
ok monday it is,,anything you would like to suggest?
i am starting to work on a cook book ...all my own creations. has been keeping busy besides work..but loving every minute of it.
you give me a main dish or even dessert, and we will do it [Razz]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
oooooooooo a cook off i am so comming to yr house micky cas yr obviously closer. and i am sure his wife would have a heart attack a strange american woman showing up to eat her mans food lololol, but if i bring dzosser she may not mind.. lololol

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
or maybe you will have a date with IRON LION [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tina,

ok 3 months and counting. i know it will be worth the wait. and can u plz make a pic of u and yr wife for xmas and post it to us in private if u dont wanna post it in here.that way we know who u are and can put a face to yr good writings?and thanks. u are a sweet man.
You're a demanding chick, Tina! Albeit a kind one! [Smile] I'll think about that. You know in Asia people eat everything, there's a Chinese rule where everything that crawls or moves gets eaten...LOL

Those are the crazy Chinese and I'm not going to China but I am going to Malaysia. And I will defintely stop by Jalan Alor, a 24hour street that has all kinds of foods. And one of my favorite dishes is snails. Yummy. Yummy. Yummy.

They're live and you pick how many you want and they cook 'em. Muslims, were not supposed to eat from non-Muslim Chinese but when it comes to seafood. We can eat it all [Big Grin]

So don't be grossed out by any of the pics I take.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:

shhh u too.. keep it on the down low girl.. he is in usa..i might well see.

but i will be a slut once for dzosser. hehehehehe
i always say if they can have 4 wives we can have 10000 lovers right micky?

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tina,

You're a demanding chick, Tina! Albeit a kind one! [Smile] I'll think about that. You know in Asia people eat everything, there's a Chinese rule where everything that crawls or moves gets eaten...LOL

Those are the crazy Chinese and I'm not going to China but I am going to Malaysia. And I will defintely stop by Jalan Alor, a 24hour street that has all kinds of foods. And one of my favorite dishes is snails. Yummy. Yummy. Yummy.

They're live and you pick how many you want and they cook 'em. Muslims, were not supposed to eat from non-Muslim Chinese but when it comes to seafood. We can eat it all [Big Grin]

lolol not demanding i did asklol
also i never eat snails they look like snot cas when i was a kid we would pour salt on them and they just melted.like an alkaseltzer.. hahahaha

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
she is in Canada the last i talked to her...she emailed me a while ago but haven't heard anything for a while...miss her also [Frown]
ok monday it is,,anything you would like to suggest?
i am starting to work on a cook book ...all my own creations. has been keeping busy besides work..but loving every minute of it.
you give me a main dish or even dessert, and we will do it [Razz]

I hope she's doing okay and I'm sure she is, she's probably caught up with work, personal stuff.

And no I have no suggestions whatsoever about a recipe. My mind is blank, I have no kind or foresight at this moment so you choose. You've never been wrong once, so tellllll me what are we cooking monday??

[Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Escargot with Garlic Butter and Splash of Cognac
 -
Preheat oven to 450F.

Smushed clove of garlic +1/2 stick of softened butter + big pinch of kosher salt + minced parsley. Open can of escargot, drain. Stuff an escargot in a shell, Smother it with garlic butter. The more garlic you smother, the more garlicy buttery goodness you get to mop up with a hunk of bread.

oooh, but hey, look what I found in the liquor cabinet!

Cognac.

Splash some cognac all over the shells. Stick in oven for 7 minutes. The garlic butter melts and mingles with the cognac – perfect for dipping.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

shhh u too.. keep it on the down low girl.. he is in usa..i might well see.

but i will be a slut once for dzosser. hehehehehe
i always say if they can have 4 wives we can have 10000 lovers right micky?

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tina,

lolol not demanding i did asklol
also i never eat snails they look like snot cas when i was a kid we would pour salt on them and they just melted.like an alkaseltzer.. hahahaha

I would never ever in my entire life eat American snails. That would be too gross. Are you talking about the snails that come out when it rains. The ones with no shell!! NO WAY!

The snails I'm talking about are a lot smaller and with shells. They have them in fish tanks and they try to crawl up the glass. The ones at the top are the ones I pick because I figure they're more healthier/meatier to be able to crawl all the way up there. [Big Grin]

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
ya both like seafood
so make a sea food gumbo with rice.

-

Seafood Gumbo - How To Make Gumbo
Roux (see recipe below)
1 pound okra, sliced
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
3 tablespoons butter
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined*
1 jar oysters (check for shells)
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
1 can (10 1/2 ounces ) tomatoes
2 sprigs parsley, chopped
1 bay leaf (remove before serving)
2 teaspoons Cavender's Greek Seasoning**
2 quarts water or fish stock
1 bunch green onion, chopped
1/2 pound crabmeat or 1 dozen crabs***
Salt and pepper
Hot cooked long-grain white rice
Crackers
1 teaspoon File, optional****

* In New Orleans they sell what are called "gumbo shrimp." They are not the big shrimp that you use in a "stand alone" shrimp dish. They are used more for flavor than texture. I guess you could put some of the shrimp in early for the simmering and some later for the presentation. Some people in New Orleans even boil the shells and heads to get that serious shrimp flavor. I don't care for it myself; it has that "low tide" taste!

** If you can't find Cavender's seasoning, you can substitute another brand of seasoning salt - but Cavender's is the best.

*** If using whole crabs, scald live hard-shelled crabs and clean, removing the spongy substance and the "sand bag" on the under part. Break off and crack the claws and cut the body in half.

**** Gumbo is also thickened with File (FEE-lay) powder, made from ground dried leaves of the sassafras tree. File powder must be stirred into gumbo after it's removed from the heat because undue cooking makes the powder tough and stringy.

Start making the Roux (see below recipe).

In a large frying pan:, fry okra in 2 tablespoons shortening approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until it ceases to "rope" (slimy strings connecting the okra); remove from heat and set aside. NOTE: Take your time and don't burn it. It's worth the trouble.

In a Gumbo Pot or a large Dutch Oven over medium-high heat, melt the butter and fry the onions and celery about 5 minutes or until soft. Add the shrimp, oysters, garlic, and bell pepper; simmer 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, bay leaf, Cavender's Seasoning, water or fish stock, green onion, fried okra, prepared Roux, and crabmeat or crabs. Salt and pepper to taste. Let gumbo simmer for approximately 30 minutes.

Serve with hot rice, crackers, and file on the side.

Makes 6 servings.

Roux - How To Make Roux:

Many New Orleans recipes start with "First you make a roux." A roux is a cooked mixture of flour and a cooking fat that is used to thicken sauces, stews, and gravies. The richness of dark colored roux adds both flavor and color to the finished gumbo.

2 tablespoons vegetable shortening or vegetable oil (your choice)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

In a heavy skillet (I like to use my Cast-Iron Skillet) over medium heat, heat vegetable shortening or oil until hot; add flour gradually, stirring or whisking to combine with the shortening or oil. After adding all the flour, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, about 45 to 60 minutes or until roux is dark brown and has a nutlike odor (it will be very thick and pasty).

NOTE: This process takes some time, depending on how high the heat on your stove is. The slower, the better, but be ready to remove skillet from the heat and stir more rapidly if the roux appears to be burning. When done, immediately remove from heat and set aside.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Soup/GumboSeafood.htm

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
give me a day to think what would be good to cook for monday
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
 -
Preheat oven to 450F.

Smushed clove of garlic +1/2 stick of softened butter + big pinch of kosher salt + minced parsley. Open can of escargot, drain. Stuff an escargot in a shell, Smother it with garlic butter. The more garlic you smother, the more garlicy buttery goodness you get to mop up with a hunk of bread.

Cognac.

Splash some cognac all over the shells. Stick in oven for 7 minutes. The garlic butter melts and mingles with the cognac – perfect for dipping.

Now that looks great but I can't do it. Micky I'm still in the mountains of Jordan. The seafood here is lame. I haven't seen snails yet. Sorry I wasn't specific. Forgive me? [Big Grin]

Ok how about anything with:

Beef/Lamb/Chicken/Salmon

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
smothered yucky lambchops

SMOTHERED LAMB CHOPS

3 lamb chops
3 whole tomatoes
1 med. onion
1/2 tsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. celery flakes
2 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. flour
Pinch of salt
Dab of garlic salt
Pinch of red pepper

Boil lamb chops until partly done. Remove from fire, put in colander and let drain. In a skillet add the oil and flour and brown, then add other ingredients except the chops and let cook until wilted. Return lamb chops to mixture and let simmer in covered skillet for about 45 minutes.

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
 -
Preheat oven to 450F.

Cognac.

Now that looks great but I can't do it. Micky I'm still in the mountains of Jordan. The seafood here is lame. I haven't seen snails yet. Sorry I wasn't specific. Forgive me? [Big Grin]

Beef/Lamb/Chicken/Salmon

awwwww...no i just posted that cause you said you love snails..
ill thin k of something between now and sunday for sure..got a great salmon recipe i made up ..but i think we already did it
it was with chili powder and honey..easiest recipe but all so delicious

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Preheat oven to 450F.

Cognac.

Beef/Lamb/Chicken/Salmon

awwwww...no i just posted that cause you said you love snails..
ill thin k of something between now and sunday for sure..got a great salmon recipe i made up ..but i think we already did it
it was with chili powder and honey..easiest recipe but all so delicious

Yes I do remember that salmon recipe that made my taste buds go wow.

Take your time Micky and choose the recipe you want. We have plenty of time until sunday. So what time do you want to do this on monday? Noon Philly Time is okay with you? That'll make it 7pm here so it'll be for dinner? My time is flexible, so whatever works best for you.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
sounds perfect. its a date then...going to go to bed now..have to work in the morning..and you better get some shut eye too...what its almost 4 am there?
good nite "A" and again ...so happy your back at least for a little while my friend [Wink]

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
sounds perfect. its a date then...going to go to bed now..have to work in the morning..and you better get some shut eye too...what its almost 4 am there?
good nite "A" and again ...so happy your back at least for a little while my friend [Wink]

Great! So monday noon it is. It's more like 5am here. [Big Grin] So what! I'll sleep till noon or late afternoon [Big Grin]

Goodnight Micky.

jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so glad to see ya back posting again, Exiled.
missed your collaborations with Micky

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanna read more of your great travel narrative and pics,Exiled.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:

stay tuned Jean ...we will cook on monday again like old times [Razz] [Wink]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
where are you? you disappeared again? or i remember you saying you didn't feel well..hope you are feeling better [Wink]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's a date. And where is Almaz anyway?

She's at the opera where all the classy muthafuckahs are, whassup Exiled? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jean_bean:

Thanks Jean, alway nice to see post from you.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Wanna read more of your great travel narrative and pics,Exiled.

Hey Sash, glad you enjoy my travelougues. I'll won't hold out on my next trip, and that's a promise.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
where are you? you disappeared again? or i remember you saying you didn't feel well..hope you are feeling better [Wink]

No I didn't disappear. How could I disappear and I have that tasty Italian recipe waiting for me?! I might be called many things but abandoning Micky's recipes is not 1 of them. [Big Grin]

I have a little energy now, feeling little better. The remedy 1 shot Juarez with a chaser. [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com