EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » Jade Goody (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jade Goody
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jade Goody: Cancer-hit celebrity has just months to live
Jade Goody has been told she has just months to live by doctors who say they can do no more to stop the spread of her cancer.

Last Updated: 1:01AM GMT 14 Feb 2009

Jade Goody says she has been given just months to live. Photo: REX
The reality television star has now begun drawing up a will and making plans for the future care of her two children, Bobby, five, and Freddy, four.

Goody, 27, had hoped there would be further treatment she could have to fight the disease, but her oncologist has said there is little more that can be done to prolong her life.

A source close to her told The Mirror: "This is the news she has been dreading.

"No matter how bad things seemed before there was always some hope. Now even that has been taken away from her.

"She now has to face up to the full horror that she is going to die – and that she is going to die soon."

It is believed that Goody, who was diagnosed with cervical cancer in August, was with her boyfriend Jack Tweed, 21, when she was told she had lost her fight.

He is understood to be involved with discussions about her will, financial wishes and plans for the upbringing of her sons.

A close friend told The Mirror: "She had hoped doctors could hold the cancer at bay for far longer. Now her biggest regret is that she won't see the boys grow up.

"Not surprisingly there have been lots of tears but Jack has been giving her all the support he can.

"Once the news has sunk in Jade will pick herself up and make the most of the time she has left with the boys. That's all she can do."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/4617493/Jade-Goody-Cancer-hit-celebrity-has-just-months-to-live.html

Such a sad sad story...

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUT one that should make all the women here go straight away and have a smear test done

[Frown]

Very very sad...........

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It really is awful, it has shocked me.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a lot of women will be shocked today but how many will be 'shocked' enough follow it up by booking an appointment?
That is the question Lady.............. [Frown]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is indeed very sad.

"Jade Goody ignored a letter warning her she needed to have abnormal cells removed from her cervix because she was too scared to go back to hospital.

The 27-year-old Big Brother star, had already had three abnormal smear tests and after each had endured an operation to remove the cells.

But after her fourth abnormal smear she ignored a letter telling her to return to hospital, instead hoping it would go away on its own.

'When I heard I had more abnormal cells I thought, "this is the fourth time I've been told I need to have the same operation now,' she told Heat Magazine.

'Once you have them burnt off they shouldn't come back, I was too scared.'

It was only after the mother-of-two collapsed from blood loss on August 5, for the fourth time in four years, that she realised she couldn't ignore her condition.

'The doctors were doing tests for my blood loss - but they seemed unclear about what it could be. It was then that I was told I must have another operation on the dodgy cells on my cervix.

'They'd sent a letter to me ages ago telling me I needed to go in, but I'd been too scared to do anything about it.'

Jade's first had an abnormal smear test when she was just 16.

'Even before I was sexually active, I had to have pre-cancerous cells removed. And that nearly traumatised me for life, it was so painful.'

After collapsing in August Jade was warned that she could be facing a terminal illness, but she decided to go ahead with her trip to India.

Invasive cervical cancer is nearly 100 percent curable when diagnosed early and treated promptly."

Staff decided not to risk any more chemotherapy on Jade’s shattered body and are instead concentrating on palliative care.

They broke the news on Tuesday that earlier hopes of recovery had been dashed by the spread of the disease into her groin, liver and bowel.

Oncologists believe it is highly likely it has also spread to her brain and bones.

The Sun revealed earlier this month that Jade’s cancer had spread.

She sobbed, “I don’t want to die” as doctors told her the devastating news.

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jade Goody Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAi7R19yffw&feature=related

Sun Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8kegBfMmjc&NR=1

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hermione Heliotrope.:
I think a lot of women will be shocked today but how many will be 'shocked' enough follow it up by booking an appointment?
That is the question Lady.............. [Frown]

Apparently smear tests are up 20% since the news of her cancer broke. So it does look like women are taking heed.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I remember her - she was such a robust and full of life girl. She's still young and now facing such a battle ... [Frown] I do hope that more and more women, irrespective of age, start treating smear tests seriously.
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor Jade..... I must admit I found her really annoying on Big Brother at first, she was out of her depth... then I grew to like her!!!
She's never lost her naivete....she remained sweet and childlike through her life!!
May God bless her and take care of her and her little boys.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ Totally agree mamasue.

It is so sad [Frown]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really really dislike her - obnoxious, loud-mouthed, thick, milking publicity etc ever since Big Brother-

however, terrible to go through all those cancers at such a young age -

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She isn't a bad person at all. Of course she milked publicity, it was giving her a good income, and supporting her family much better than any job could do, which is the most important thing.
She used to live in my town, and now just outside of it, so comes into where I work all the time with her two cute sons, and is always really nice and chatty.
It really is sad, and terrifying as it shows it can happen to anyone. But thank god it has made more women become aware, and perhaps will save lives in the future. It shouldn't take a woman's death to make others get checked out.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she wasnt very nice to Shilpa Shetty on CBB
Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise surprise, her boyfriend has proposed and they'll marry soon [Roll Eyes] . Funny that it happens now, possibly making sure he is financially secure too or am I being cynical [Confused]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
She isn't a bad person at all. Of course she milked publicity, it was giving her a good income, and supporting her family much better than any job could do, which is the most important thing.

I created the monster that became Jade Goody Inc... Now I feel guilty as she fights for her life

Why? Because Jade and I had made a devil's pact: an unholy alliance based on mutual need and greed. She was the big-hearted, daft girl who found fame in Big Brother 3, and I was the magazine editor who showed her how to make money by dissecting herself in public and selling intimate details of her chaotic life.

It was 2002 and I was editing the celebrity gossip magazine Now, and I wanted sales. I soon realised that every time I put Jade on the cover, I got them.

Although not the outright winner of Big Brother, there was something about her that Now readers liked. She was unwittingly funny. Artless. And she had her own look. She was not just another dime-a-dozen Big Brother blonde with straightened hair and a Page Three figure. She was a real flesh-and-blood person.

So I paid Jade lots of money to talk about her weight fluctuations, her terrible family history, her rocky romances, her children, her cosmetic surgery and to pose for makeover pictures. She did Christmas covers, baby covers, diet covers and featured on paparazzi covers.

I sold magazines and Jade got rich. It all seemed like innocent fun at the time, but today I am not so sure.

The whole of Jade's celebrity status was built on feet of clay. Unlike the other showbusiness people featured in Now, she had no discernible talent and she came from a background of ignorance and poverty that made her vulnerable to the idea of easy money.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
'I'm terrified my sons might forget me,' says brave Jade Goody, as she is told she has only months to live
Member # 14248

Jade Goody may die on reality television show
15 Feb 2009

LONDON: British reality TV star Jade Goody says she may allow her death to be filmed for a reality show.

"I've lived my whole adult life talking about my life. The only difference is that I'm talking about my death now. It's OK," she told the News Of The World in an interview published Sunday.

"I've lived in front of the cameras. And maybe I'll die in front of them. And I know some people don't like what I'm doing but at this point I really don't care what other people think. Now, it's about what I want," said Goody, who has cancer and been given only months to live.

The 27-year-old mother of two boys - Bobby, 5 and Freddi, 4 - was diagnosed with cervical cancer while she was appearing for the Indian reality television show Bigg Boss in August last year. The cancer has since spread to her bowels, liver and groin.

Jade, who was expelled from the British reality show Big Brother after allegations of racism and bullying against Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty has lately been starring on her own reality show on the Virgin Media-owned Living TV.

She is expected to wed her lover Jack Tweed - jailed last year for assault against a teenager - and christen her sons on Living TV, whose website says the next episode of "Jade's Progress" airs Feb 19.

The episode will show her "having Jack back in her life after his prison release. The cameras will follow Jade as she undergoes further distressing chemotherapy treatment whilst trying to remain strong for her two boys".

"Jade is determined to have her story told and educate other young women in similar situations to do as much as she can to prevent others going through the trauma of what she is facing," the channel added.

Goody's spokesman Max Clifford has defended her decision to "die in the public eye".

and what is your percentage Mr Clifford? [Roll Eyes]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the moment she was told on BB India that she had cancer. It was so awful to watch her break down I had to switch it off. It was so sad to see her realise she is going to die.

I do not think I could watch her programme about her dying, it would upset me beyond belief. Not because of who she is, but because beneath everything people dislike about her underneath she is a young woman, mother and a daughter.

A friend of my parents has just been told he has months to live and we were talking about would you like to be told. I could not answer... it is just too much for me to even process.

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
I wouldnt like to think there was footage of my mother dying - for everyone to see if they so wished

its too private

raising awareness is one thing, but how will the boys deal with this as they grow up?

Member # 14248

I think it's really trashy and old Clifford is 'kerchinging' all the way to the bank. [Roll Eyes]

Someone needs to step in and stop this Anna Nicole type media junk [Mad]

OK mag and Hello fighting it out trying to get the best deal, and pic of her dying.
Mr Tweedy eyeing up a book deal.

Give the girl some dignity in her last months or weeks [Roll Eyes]

I don't think she can be thinking straight.

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the moment she was told she had cancer (in India) too and it was disturbing enough. Now watching her die?? Sorry, but I don't think it's documenting things but rather cashing in - whoever does (films) it. I could never ever watch it! [Frown]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe there is a limit to what should be shown on TV - and seeing someone passes away in real life definitely is not.

I do think it's a good thing that the couple will tie the knot since she's really sick and so her sons will have a father once she passes away. Now she tries to get as much money as possible out of her story so her family won't have financial difficulties after her death.

Hm btw I don't know this person at all. She must be a celebrity only in Britain.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Al Fayed has paid for her 3,500 sterling wedding dress.
Elton John is hosting the reception at his house in Windsor.
Newspaper to provide helicopter to reception.

I wonder if Elton will make a song for her like he did for Diana [Roll Eyes]

All this circus is missing is the elephants!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you can sponsor those!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
The children do have a father who they will live with after. Jack Tweedy is not the biological father.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh well I wasn't aware of that. I do hope their biological father is active in their lives already now before their mom passes away.

Well the marriage and death filming are clearly efforts to make money and to secure financial stability for the children and her soon-to-be husband.

However in regards to her fatal illness; I do hope the sadly and tragic end of her young life is a wake-up call for many other women to get tested regularly for cervical cancer.

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlily - the answer is YES many women are booking appointments for their overdue smear test, I know because I am one of the nurses being overloaded with this job!
Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Oh well I wasn't aware of that. I do hope their biological father is active in their lives already now before their mom passes away.

Well the marriage and death filming are clearly efforts to make money and to secure financial stability for the children and her soon-to-be husband.

However in regards to her fatal illness; I do hope the sadly and tragic end of her young life is a wake-up call for many other women to get tested regularly for cervical cancer.

she is not now having her death filmed thank the lord
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jade Goody 'absolutely thrilled' as Justice Secretary intervenes to overturn Jack Tweed's wedding night curfew

Jade Goody is 'absolutely thrilled' today after Justice Secretary Jack Straw stepped in to lift Jack Tweed's curfew for the couple's wedding night on Sunday.

In an astonishing move, Tweed's bail conditions have been changed to allow him to remain at the reception venue until 3pm the following day.
Under the original terms, Tweed was to return to his mother's home by 7pm immediately after the ceremony.
The Justice Secretary said: 'It is crucial that offenders are treated equally within the rules regardless of the publicity surrounding their case but I was satisfied that it was reasonable to allow this.'
He said the decision was made because of the 'exceptional' circumstances.

A spokesman added: 'Jack has enormous sympathy for Jade Goody and her family at this time. She is showing extraordinary courage and his thoughts are with her and her family.'

Max Clifford, the couple's publicist, said:'It will be the dream finish to her dream day, and it makes so much difference.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1150306/Jade-Goody-absolutely-thrilled-Justice-Secretary-intervenes-overturn-Jack-Tweeds-wedding-night-curfew.html

Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Hm btw I don't know this person at all. She must be a celebrity only in Britain.

This is a troubled and ill-educated young woman who, back in 2002, joined the endless queue of those happy to be exploited by reality television executives. But Jade managed to turn the tables and exploit that same celebrity trash culture to the tune of several million pounds.

She remains by far the most successful of the 150-plus wannabes who have traipsed through Channel 4's Big Brother house since it opened in 2000.

Jade went in as a debt-ridden dental nurse from inner-city Bermondsey and emerged as a national joke who thought that Rio de Janeiro was a bloke and that pistachio was a famous painter.

Yet within three years, she had her own telly series, her own cosmetics range, an autobiography in the shops and a Mercedes and a BMW parked outside her Essex 'mansion'.

Jade had rapidly matched the status of a very senior WAG (although her own footballing conquests were limited to a chap called Ryan Amoo, of Northampton Town).

An opinion poll revealed that she was better known than most of the Cabinet. Millions of people identified with a girl who would cheerfully admit to her own shortcomings.

Jade: Her last reality show

happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone watch her last night? It was sad. [Frown]

You can't help but feel for her. In the beginning of the programme (before she knew it was terminal) she was saying "i am doing this so i can look back when i am better and see myself" [Frown] That choked me [Frown]

There really isn't a 'badness' in her i totally think she is one of them people who say things without thinking. She is doing this to make money so her kids will have a great education and not end up ignorant like her. - her own words [Frown]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
No frills: Jack Tweedy, right, and two friends leave his mother's house bizarrely dressed in women's underwear

-
Jack Tweed leaves his mother's Essex home for Down Hall Country House Hotel where he will marry Jade Goody

Jade and Jack's wedding bliss as happy couple tie the knot at last

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oh my, now the story of Jade's wedding even made it into the German news!!
Member # 14248

9:05am UK, Saturday February 28, 2009

Terminally ill Jade Goody has sobbed:

"I'll be dying in a month, leave me alone," during a foul-mouthed bust-up with her neighbour.

The reality TV star clashed with the man as she went to get professional help for "awful" hallucinations sparked by her medication.

The neighbour, on hearing she was going to a hospice for the weekend, reportedly said: "Good, at least I can get some peace and quiet then."

[Frown]

web page

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
TRAGIC star Jade Goody plans to meet a white witch and has been praying and bathing in “holy water” in a desperate attempt to cure her terminal cancer.

In her New! magazine column, Jade, who has been given just weeks to live by doctors treating her cancer, said she was also reading the Bible.

She continued: “I have a bowl of holy water that I wash and pray with and I’m even having a meeting with a white witch. She cured someone I know of cancer.

“I’ve no idea what she’s going to do to me so I’ll have to let you know how I get on!”

Goody said she was in touch with her life coach and might also see a healer.

She added: “It all helps to keep me positive.”

And the mum-of-two also revealed that she’d offered new husband Jack Tweed her house when she’s gone.

She explained: “I told him he can live in my house when I go but he said, ‘I can’t stay here. I’ll be looking for you in every corner’.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/article2286891.ece

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Jade Goody in desperate fight for life as 'cancer spreads to her brain'

Jade Goody suffered her bleakest day yesterday after it emerged her cancer has now spread to her brain.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hammer-wielding intruder confronts Goody in hospital

2 hrs 55 mins ago

LONDON (AFP) – Jade Goody is recovering on Monday after an intruder armed with a hammer sneaked into her hospital room.

The terminally-ill TV star woke up to find the woman leaning over her bed clutching the hammer at London's Royal Marsden Hospital.

The woman entered shortly after Goody's husband Jack Tweed, left the room to get a cup of tea from the hospital canteen, Goody's spokesman Max Clifford told the BBC.

Goody was startled to find the stranger muttering or praying near her bed.

The star then shouted to nurses who came into her room.

"She obviously freaked out," said Clifford.

"It's very distressing, particularly when you are so weak and so vulnerable. It has made her even keener to try and get home as soon as possible," he added

Security has since been stepped up around Goody's room after the incident.

Police said a woman aged 41, was arrested for possessing an offensive weapon but was later released.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090309/wl_uk_afp/britainpeoplegoody

[Eek!]

Member # 14248

Jade's going home to die

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI
and ALEX WEST

BRAVE Jade Goody today left the Royal Marsden to spend her final days with her beloved sons.

Jade had begged doctors at the London hospital to let her return to Freddie, four, and five-year-old Bobby.

The 27-year-old Big Brother star was carried out into an ambulance accompanied by husband Jack Tweed, 21.

Jade's publicist Max Clifford said: “They are going back home. The decision about whether she could leave hospital was going to be made this morning.

“Obviously, they’ve decided she’s well enough to go. One of the nurses is going with her.”

Last night Jade’s thoughts on facing death emerged.

She told OK! magazine: “I might fall asleep one day and not wake up and that is a scary thing to think about. No one should worry about me, though.

“I’m in terrible pain, but I am determined to make sure the time I have left is fun with my mates and family.”
Thrilled

Mr Clifford told how they hoped to make that happen.

He said: “The plan is she will leave in an ambulance under supervision of someone from the Marsden who will administer the epidural and pain control. Jade is desperate to get home with the boys.”

But he stressed: “If doctors are not happy tomorrow morning she will not go home.”

Mr Clifford said Jade was “thrilled” at the prospect of returning to the boys and new husband Jack Tweed.

He said: “Jade knows she hasn’t very long and wants to be at home surrounded by loved ones and family.”

Jade, of Upshire, Essex, has spent ten days in hospital after being rushed in for an operation.

She was the subject of a second security scare yesterday.

A man claiming to be a faith healer was blocked as he tried to get to her, telling staff: “I can heal Jade. I am a thousand times stronger than the Dalai Lama.”

On Sunday a female intruder with a hammer was found in her room.

It also emerged that Jade wants to be remembered as “the mouthy bird off the box” and as “the one who irritated and entertained in equal measure”.

She concluded in the interview: “I’ve achieved more in just 27 years than some achieve in their lifetime.”

Tonight viewers will see Jade making final preparations for last month’s wedding.

In Jade: Bride-to-be-Be, on Living at 9pm, she jokes with pals as she lies back in a dentists’ chair to have her teeth whitened.

Wiping tears from her eyes, she says: “If I die, (I’m) gonna miss all this.”

The Sun revealed yesterday the weak Big Brother legend was going blind.

Husband Jack spent three hours at Jade’s bedside yesterday then left to hold a business meeting aimed at relaunching his career as a nightclub host. [Confused]

He met representatives from West End club Vendo, where he will be hosting “Celebrity Nights”.

Jack, 21, used to co-host similar nights in another club before he was jailed for an assault last year.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Two days ago I was reading that her sons are not aware of the fact that she's going to die. I wonder how they will handle the whole issue.
Member # 14248

Jade Goody close to end
Indo-Asian News Service
Sunday, March 15, 2009 (London)

Cancer-stricken British reality television star Jade Goody is said to be close to her end as her condition has worsened dramatically.

Goody, 27, was said to be "on the edge of a precipice", as her condition deteriorated leading to fears she may not live more than a day, say reports.

Unable to speak and struggling for breath, the mother of two was drifting in and out of consciousness. Her family, including husband Jack Tweed, gathered at her bedside after a nurse urgently summoned them to the star's Essex home here.

On being asked if Goody was close to the end, her publicist Max Clifford said: "The answer is, who knows? She was in a bad way last night, she was panicking. She has deteriorated, she is very weak. The nurse was obviously concerned and decided she should call Jack."

"The family was told maybe Jade would make it to Tuesday, but after such a bad night that's been revised to Monday, and maybe sooner," added the source.
[Frown]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
poor girl, God help the family, when my mum was that close I was praying for it to be sooner rather than drag on anymore, let her go. [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Awful awful awful story
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldn't imagine the kind of courage you need to be able to deal with being told you only have a few days left to live. Horrible.
Someone I cared about so much was given two months, then they changed their mind to two weeks, and he died just a week later (aged 21). I cannot even begin to understand how being told that must feel.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Jade Goody slipping away, 'got only hours left

15 Mar 2009, 2032 hrs

LONDON: Cancer-stricken British reality television star Jade Goody is feared to be just hours away from her end as her condition has
deteriorated rapidly, a report said quoting a close friend of hers.

Frail and weak, the actress is not expected to live beyond Monday, reports thesun.co.uk.

"It is now a matter of hours, she has deteriorated dramatically overnight. Jade's getting weaker and weaker and is looking very pale. Sadly, she is very close to the end," the friend said.

"One of the problems is she's terrified of falling asleep because she's afraid she'll never wake up. She's been crying her eyes out, she's been in floods of tears because she too realises it's nearly the end of the road," the friend added.

With time slipping away, Goody has already planned her funeral, insisting it should be a celebration of her life. She wants a traditional burial and a service will be held at a church near her home.

"The funeral will be a reflection of how she's lived in the last seven years (since she first found fame in 'Big Brother'). She wants to say farewell to anyone who wants to be there. It will mirror the happiest seven years of her life," said Goody's spokesperson Max Clifford.

"There will be tears, but a lot of love and laughter as well," he added.

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty is also making a dash from India to see Goody one last time.

However, despite having crossed "the edge of a precipice", the mother of two has said in a final interview that she wants to be remembered as a fighter.

Dailymail.co.uk reports that Goody, 27, hopes to be remembered as a colourful and vibrant character who refused to be crushed by cancer.

The actress said she thought people would think of her as "a mouthy bird who irritated and entertained people in equal measure".

"But I also want to be remembered as the girl who put up a fight and would never let herself get beaten down. I was given a death sentence but I didn't let it kill me."

"I fought it, got married, got christened. I'm happy. I've achieved more in 27 years than some achieve in a lifetime. I could bitch about dying young but at the end of the day I can look back on my life and be proud of what I've done," she explained.

so incredibly sad [Frown]

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It is now a matter of hours, she has deteriorated dramatically overnight."

Probably after the chemo. At least this is what I have seen. [Frown]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its so so sad.. shes the same age as me. its bloody scarey! I'm always being called back for check ups after smears and i missed my recall last year for being in egypt and getting pregs! I really feel for her and her family [Frown]
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I just cannot imagine how scared she is! Stuff like this always plays on my mind as I am always worrying about death!!! I just feel so so so bad for all involved but for her... I feel so sad. It is awful to watch.

It has provoked so many conversations here.

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
incredibly sad yes but also incredibly stupid to ignore an abnormal cell follow up i truly feel for her children who will know that she ignored this life saving treatment when they are older [Frown]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am watching Living on Sky at the moment, it's showing the re-run of her wedding.
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com