EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » All British airports to close by 12

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All British airports to close by 12
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1266038/Iceland-volcano-erupts-second-time-month-forcing-new-evacuation-tourists.html
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I was just watching this on the news... it is an amazing story.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I wondered what on earth was going on when I switched on the news this morning [Confused] First thought it was a bomb scare or attack. Then saw the words volcanic ash and kind of wondered what that had to do with the airports in UK [Confused] Not something I've heard of before that's for sure.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I left this morning only Scotland was shut off...

The ash messes with the flight equipment and landing gear so it is a highly dangerous situation.

I loved Mother Nature, volcanoes are her way of saying she is in control of the planet not us [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
You're right about Mother Nature being in charge!

Loved the quote by someone today.
"Iceland we asked for cash" [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I was talking to an Egyptian guy last night who asked me if I had heard about the volcano in Ireland... bless him lol.
ukthoughtful
Member # 17000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukthoughtful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8623806.stm

Flights across the UK have been grounded for a second day as volcanic ash from Iceland drifts across Europe, posing a potential threat to aircraft.

Air traffic control body Nats extended its restrictions on UK airspace until at least 0700 BST on Saturday.

Restrictions will be lifted in parts of Scottish airspace and Northern Ireland from 1900 BST on Friday.

Posts: 71 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Southern Germany and our local airport was also shut for several hours.

Our Chancellor was not able to return from her US trip and arrive back in Berlin - instead she had to make a stop in Portugal.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ukthoughtful:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8623806.stm

Flights across the UK have been grounded for a second day as volcanic ash from Iceland drifts across Europe, posing a potential threat to aircraft.

Air traffic control body Nats extended its restrictions on UK airspace until at least 0700 BST on Saturday.

Restrictions will be lifted in parts of Scottish airspace and Northern Ireland from 1900 BST on Friday.

There is an ES member stuck in transit...

The news just reported that although the volcano is still erupting it isn't as powerful... BUT. History tells us that when this one blows the one next too it blows too so they are monitoring that one as well.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
The ban in the UK has been lifted [Smile]
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where on earth did the word Eyjafjallajökull ever come from ?? [Confused] no wonder it blew up.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Try getting that in a spelling bee [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com