EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Pederasty: Why is it so prevalent in the Middle East and Central Asia? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pederasty: Why is it so prevalent in the Middle East and Central Asia?
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm from Africa and however I heard and saw very strange behavior among so called "straight" Middle Eastern and Central Asians people. In other cultural it would be viewed as homosexual behavior but it's tolerated in theirs: like having a young male lover among Afghans, or well known homosexual behavior among people from the Gulf...is there an explanation...apparently even in oriental literature the object of desire can be a young man....
Why is that? If someone has much more understanding about that behavior, please bring it...

Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cultural repression tends to create this 'abnormal' adherence against the norm, which is usually separation of men and women decreed by laws and and as a result this proliferation manifests the impulses of proximity and subsequent "feminization" and "masculination" traits to mimic a real relationship.

An an example, certain Greek communities forbid womn from entering the male world. Since that was the law, the male world (lacking female association) began to internalize and manifest variaties of male/female cues, where the less endowed or those with feminine qualites became what was female. It became intertwined within those communities and remained as we see today.

The era may have changed but the behaviours remained!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habari         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what you are saying is that Islamic cultures are more vulnerable to that kind of behavior like the ancient greek culture because of the separation of women and men....
Posts: 461 | From: Kilimanjaro | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, this wouldn't be true for Islam alone. Note the Catholic church's activities yet, the church considers homosexuality (male or female) a sin.
Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
You are talking about catholic priests who are in the same situation as many muslims: no access to wife...well the result is not what's considered moral in the islam and christian faith...but you can't compare catholicism and islam, only the priests are isolated from the women...That's the problem with many religions in general, they are trying to twist human nature...and you end up with the exact things you were trying to prevent...
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no clue why Pederasty is prevalent in Muslim countries. All I know is that there is famous Arab poets that promote homosexuality:

Abu Nuwas:

O the joy of sodomy!
So now be sodomites, you Arabs.
Turn not away from it--
therein is wondrous pleasure.
Take some coy lad with kiss-curls
twisting on his temple
and ride as he stands like some gazelle
standing to her mate.
A lad whom all can see girt with sword
and belt not like your whore who has
to go veiled.
Make for smooth-faced boys and do your
very best to mount them, for women are
the mounts of the devils

It seems back in ancient Arabia sex with males was high and had alot of support. Now a days I have no clue but I know that in Islam the "Prophet" promises Boys in Heaven as slaves who look like scattered pearls. So it is also in islam.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know that in Islam the "Prophet" promises Boys in Heaven as slaves who look like scattered pearls.
Excuse me?
Could you post this passage?

Islam like the other abrahamic religions is strict against homosexuality.

Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Yonis2

Sure I will post the passages and you can view for yourself why people need to take a deeper look at Islam:

Boys:

(QURAN 52:24): "And there will go round boy-servants of theirs, to serve them as if they were preserved pearls."

(QURAN 56:17): "They will be served by immortal boys."

(QURAN 76:19): "And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls"

As you can see Yonis it talks about boy slaves in Heaven who look like scattered pearls.

It's also great to see you ask a question without the insults.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Yonis2

Sure I will post the passages and you can view for yourself why people need to take a deeper look at Islam:

Boys:

(QURAN 52:24): "And there will go round boy-servants of theirs, to serve them as if they were preserved pearls."

(QURAN 76:19): "And round about them will (serve) boys of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls"

As you can see Yonis it talks about boy slaves in Heaven who look like scattered pearls.

Peace

Everything in the Quran probably did not come from Muhammad. Let's not forget that the Quran was compiled after the death of Muhammad and people could have said anything they wished in the name of Muhammad.

We know that these men were not trustworthy, because Muhammad wanted Bilal to be the leader of the community, but the Arabs chose another.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burton surmised a "sodatic zone" where females
mature early and become fleshy and loose fitting
soon after. Sodatic zone males consequently seek
tigher fitting holes (or other substitutes), where
ever.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
Islam like the other abrahamic religions is strict against homosexuality.
Yonis just stick with Somali, the majority of human beings view Arabs as homosexuals...if you want to stick with them then will view you as an homosexual..
Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Typical Stupid negro reasoning.
Posts: 1554 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
super negro Yonis has just reacted...in East Africa it is well known that Somali girls with their big lips and protruding jaws are the ugliest in East Africa...the Negro is the Somali girl....
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
Yonis2

Boys:

Peace

Everything in the Quran probably did not come from Muhammad. Let's not forget that the Quran was compiled after the death of Muhammad and people could have said anything they wished in the name of Muhammad.

We know that these men were not trustworthy, because Muhammad wanted Bilal to be the leader of the community, but the Arabs chose another.

The same can be said true for the Bible.
While the bible isn't so forthright about championing homosexuality. They are very clear in their anti-female views and why they likely decided to exclude the Gospel Of Mary as a chosen manuscript which strongly implies a more intimate relationship between she and Jesus.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
meninarmer

Last time I checked the bible has verses condemning Homosexuality. What have you read from the bible that says it is pro gay.

The bible also speaks about women being prophets so I would not lump the bible in with the Quran.

Peace

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
^ Please reread what I posted.
To "champion" something is to advocate for it.

As I CLEARLY stated earlier, the Catholic church considers homosexuality a SIN, however the CULTURE of the church is (Catholic and Baptist) full of homosexuals and pedophiles.
Also, is it possible for a female to be Pope and why did the church change Mary into a prostitute?
The Gospel of Mary shows Jesus and Mary in a loving relationship and Paul (Saul) as a woman hating down-low. This would certainly have proven to be quite the contradiction to the Vatican in positioning Jesus as a semi-deity and Paul as the Father of the Catholic Church.

IMO, There really isn't much discernible difference between these 2 largest organized religions.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol queer yonis and his gay white arab masters. LMAO!
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you mention culture .. I see a major difference in the world view Biblical people appear to have had than that of people 'championing' their books today.

For instance, today, many a follower of an Abrahamic faith will tell you that Biblically, black is considered evil and white good when we *know* that if anything it was the other way around.

(one person even said such on this site in such a way as to agitate rasol lol).

While I definitely note the similarities between male chauvinist cultures and homosexual behavior,

the Hebrew of the day were a result of a more African/Egyptian and less chauvinist culture.

Not that either entity was matriarchal at all, .. they just appreciated women.

Like African peoples and societies in which males rule but lineages are matrilineal.

I'm rotfl @ this thread by the way [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys ever stop???!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Habari:
super negro Yonis has just reacted...in East Africa it is well known that Somali girls with their big lips and protruding jaws are the ugliest in East Africa...the Negro is the Somali girl....

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
meninarmer,
Based on academic research this tendency started in the 800s when Ottoman leaders brought during war young boys with them in order to protect women who would stay home. There is a hight emphasis in protecting women in the Muslim world against men, so limited access to women can result in tolerated male to male relationship that are viewed as strange in other culture. I don't think anything in the Koran promote male to male relationship. Bear in mind that in the Christian church it is mainly priests who enter in male to male relationships, it's not widespread like in Central Asia and Middle East where access to women is limited.

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis2:
Typical Stupid negro reasoning.

But Yonis, you are not being rational!
There is a book called the "perfumed garden' which mentions the various sexual practices of Islam.
If Abu Nawas wrote the ode to the man slave?? then there is a big difference between religious Islam and cultural Islam, where, on the religious side, homosexuality is condemned but on the social end, it is lauded and brought out into the open!
Again, forced separation of the sexes does lead to pederasty. I would also say opportunity is part of the equation, where in the case of Catholic priests, who are forced not to marry, end up getting their pleasuer from underaged boys who have no choice in the matter!

Clyde's comment is apropos sice Muhammed saw in Bilal the leadership he wanted for Islam but when Mohammed died, all the factions created their own versions of heaven and hell and that's where we are today!

hoda hafez

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
ever.

Interesting. That explains Russell Simmons and his fetish for "models". And also why he dumped his (now chubby) ex-wife.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yazid904:
Cultural repression tends to create this 'abnormal' adherence against the norm, which is usually separation of men and women decreed by laws and and as a result this proliferation manifests the impulses of proximity and subsequent "feminization" and "masculination" traits to mimic a real relationship.

An an example, certain Greek communities forbid womn from entering the male world. Since that was the law, the male world (lacking female association) began to internalize and manifest variaties of male/female cues, where the less endowed or those with feminine qualites became what was female. It became intertwined within those communities and remained as we see today.

The era may have changed but the behaviours remained!

Very interesting perspective. I tend to agree with this perspective.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
meninarmer,
Based on academic research this tendency started in the 800s when Ottoman leaders brought during war young boys with them in order to protect women who would stay home. There is a hight emphasis in protecting women in the Muslim world against men, so limited access to women can result in tolerated male to male relationship that are viewed as strange in other culture. I don't think anything in the Koran promote male to male relationship. Bear in mind that in the Christian church it is mainly priests who enter in male to male relationships, it's not widespread like in Central Asia and Middle East where access to women is limited.

Yes, not being muslim, I do find this strange to take young boys to war for sexual enjoyment. That would make Arab armies a large group of homosexuals.
Not that this practice wasn't practiced by the Romans as well, but for many reasons, the culture and practice, no matter how rationalized, seems wrong to me in either religion. It obviously contradicts the basis foundational teachings of both beliefs.

Relative to the Catholic church, the suppression of women followed immediately following the absorbtion of the female dominated Cult Of Isis into the church replacing Isis with Mary around 230 AD.

In the text, Peter asks Jesus, what is sin?

Jesus responds;
"There is no such thing as sin; rather you yourselves are what produces sin when you act in accordance with the nature of adultery, which is called 'sin.'
For this reason, the Good came among you, pursuing (the good) which belongs to every nature. It will set it within its root."
Then he continued. "This is why you get sick and die: because you love what deceives you. Anyone who thinks should consider these matters!

The the text goes on where Peter shows great animosity and jealousy towards Mary.

Peter brings up concerns. He questioned them about the Savior: "Did he, then, speak with a woman (Mary) in private without our knowing about it? Are we to turn around and listen to her? Did he choose her over us?"
Then [M]ary wept and said to Peter, "My brother Peter, what are you imagining? Do you think that I have thought up these things by myself in my heart or that I am telling lies about the Savior?"
Levi answered, speaking to Peter, "Peter, you have always been a wrathful person. Now I see you contending against the woman like the Adversaries (Roman Christians). For if the Savior made her worthy, who are you then for your part to reject her? Assuredly the Savior's knowledge of her is completely reliable. That is why he loved her more than us.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meninarmer Good post.

Now that you put it that way, with quotes like that, I definitely see what you mean and have something from the text ta add later (if I can find it).

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Alive, thanks.

Many of the missing Gospels such as, The Gospel of Mary, The Gospel of Judas, The Gospel of Thomas, and especially The Gospel of Philip (.. And the companion of the [Savior is] Mary Magdalene. [But Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples [and used to] kiss her [often] on her [mouth]. The rest of [the disciples were offended] by it [and expressed disapproval]. They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?") have been outlawed, collected and destroyed during the centuries long effort to determine which sacred texts would make up the Christian orthodoxy text known today as the New Testament. The destruction continued many centuries more under the Catholic church.
The missing gospels are Gnostic in nature and personally, I believe they offer a more realistic view into who and what Jesus was.
For example, Judas in the Gospel of Judas refers to Jesus as, Rabbi.
Also, Jesus states in the same, that the other 11 disciples are following an exoteric understanding of Christianity, while he imparts esoteric teachings to Judas, and Mary as well.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some view "models" with their rather emaciated
figures as female boys, i.e., real women have
curves. Alum tightens up that thing if it's too
loose. Usually used after chilbirth to regain
the elasticity, it can also be used to tighten
up a sloppy size queen's coco.

quote:
Originally posted by HORUS^*^:
quote:
ever.

Interesting. That explains Russell Simmons and his fetish for "models". And also why he dumped his (now chubby) ex-wife.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Gnostic??? Do you know what body fluids Gnostics drank?

quote:
Originally posted by meninarmer:
Alive, thanks.

Many of the missing Gospels such as, The Gospel of Mary, The Gospel of Judas, The Gospel of Thomas, and especially The Gospel of Philip (.. And the companion of the [Savior is] Mary Magdalene. [But Christ loved] her more than [all] the disciples [and used to] kiss her [often] on her [mouth]. The rest of [the disciples were offended] by it [and expressed disapproval]. They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?") have been outlawed, collected and destroyed during the centuries long effort to determine which sacred texts would make up the Christian orthodoxy text known today as the New Testament. The destruction continued many centuries more under the Catholic church.
The missing gospels are Gnostic in nature and personally, I believe they offer a more realistic view into who and what Jesus was.
For example, Judas in the Gospel of Judas refers to Jesus as, Rabbi.
Also, Jesus states in the same, that the other 11 disciples are following an exoteric understanding of Christianity, while he imparts esoteric teachings to Judas, and Mary as well.

Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
quote:
Habari wrote:
Based on academic research this tendency started in the 800s when Ottoman leaders brought during war young boys with them in order to protect women who would stay home.

The Ottomans didn't exists untill the 14th century.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
it can also be used to tighten

ROFLMAO [Big Grin]
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
ever.

Actually it was Kimora Simmons who filed for divorce from Russell.
She dogged him out too. Told everyone his dic* was too little and that he couldn't please her sexually. She actually called him a wimp.
Now that she's used his dough to start Baby Phat, she don't need Russell any more.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
quote:
Yonis:The Ottomans didn't exists untill the 14th century.
Correct:13th Century but they helped spread the practice of pederasty

For a period starting in the 800s and ending in the mid 1800s, pederastic relationships, poetry, art and spirituality were a prominent and pervasive feature of Islamic culture from Moorish Spain to Northern India. The forms of this pederasty ranged from the chaste and spiritual adoration of beautiful youths at one extreme, to the violent and forcible use of unwilling boys at the other. While sodomy was considered a major sin, other aspects of same-sex relations were not, though they were made problematic to various degrees at various times and places.

In the Ottoman empire, same-sex relations between men and youths were often of a mercantile nature. The sex workers involved were either entertainers such as the köçeks or masseurs in the hammams known as tellak. Although zamparas (men drawn to women) outnumbered kulamparas (men drawn to boys) in society, Ottoman military culture (especially that of Janissary culture) had pederasty as a noteworthy aspect[citations needed]. Osman Agha of Temeşvar who fell captive to the Austrians in 1688 wrote in his memoirs that one night an Austrian boy approached him for sex, telling him "for I know all Turks are pederasts".[56]

At times soldiers from the Janissary regiments (named orta) skirmished for rights over a young and beautiful novice [citations needed]. In 1770s, the poet wrote, in an address to the Sultan: Lűt kavmiür, put kavmi bozar. ("The people of Lot fight, the people of idolatry spoil. Know, my Sultan, that your soldiers are sodomites").[57] Studies of Ottoman criminal law, which is based on the Sharia, reveal that persistent sodomy with non-consenting boys was a serious offense and those convicted faced capital punishment.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
Gnostic??? Do you know what body fluids Gnostics drank?

No, not overall, but I'm interested in knowing.

I know they were veggins for the most part, and John The Baptist was said to live off of water and honey, but I'm not aware if they were into Jim Jones Jungle Juice or something.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
ever.

She dogged him out too. Told everyone his dic* was too little and that he couldn't please her sexually. She actually called him a wimp.
Now that she's used his dough to start Baby Phat, she don't need Russell any more.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned [Wink]
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Yup

quote:
quote:
it can also be used to tighten

ROFLMAO [Big Grin]
alTakruri's known for saying some pretty raw things. He don't hold back
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
But but I was trying to be strictly medical/anthropological.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noted. And you even went so far as to 'customize' any language possibly considered colorful to some As usual.

This may not have been extraly raw but IMO you still get raw sometimes, and I meant it in a good way.

quote:

Basically meninarmer I was gonna say that this seems consistant (or rather, it's definitely not inconsistant) with stories in other works of the religious Hebrews in that the way that men think -regardless of status for the most part- isn't always the way that "God thinks".

"Therefore your daughters turn to prostitution
and your daughters-in-law to adultery."

"I will not punish your daughters
when they turn to prostitution,
nor your daughters-in-law
when they commit adultery,
because the men themselves consort with harlots
and sacrifice with shrine prostitutesn—
a people without understandingo will come to ruin!"

Hosea 4:14

"And Mariam and Aaron spoke against Moses, because of the Ethiopian woman whom Moses took; for he had taken an Ethiopian woman. And they said, Has the Lord spoken to Moses only? has he not also spoken to us? and the Lord heard it. And the man Moses was very meek beyond all the men that were upon the earth. And the Lord said immediately to Moses and Aaron and Mariam, Come forth all three of you to the tabernacle of witness. And the three came forth to the tabernacle of witness; and the Lord descended in a pillar of a cloud, and stood at the door of the tabernacle of witness; and Aaron and Mariam were called; and both came forth. And he said to them, Hear my words: If there should be of you a prophet to the Lord, I will be made known to him in a vision, and in sleep will I speak to him. My servant Moses is not so; he is faithful in all my house. I will speak to him mouth to mouth apparently, and not in dark speeches; and he has seen the glory of the Lord; and why were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses? And the great anger of the Lord was upon them, and he departed. And the cloud departed from the tabernacle; and, behold, Mariam was leprous, white as snow; and Aaron looked upon Mariam, and, behold, she was leprous." - Numbers 12:1-9

quote:
quote:
meninarmer,

Yes, not being muslim, I do find this strange to take young boys to war for sexual enjoyment. That would make Arab armies a large group of homosexuals.
Not that this practice wasn't practiced by the Romans as well, but for many reasons, the culture and practice, no matter how rationalized, seems wrong to me in either religion. It obviously contradicts the basis foundational teachings of both beliefs.

Relative to the Catholic church, the suppression of women followed immediately following the absorbtion of the female dominated Cult Of Isis into the church replacing Isis with Mary around 230 AD.

In the text, Peter asks Jesus, what is sin?

Jesus responds;
"There is no such thing as sin; rather you yourselves are what produces sin when you act in accordance with the nature of adultery, which is called 'sin.'
For this reason, the Good came among you, pursuing (the good) which belongs to every nature. It will set it within its root."
Then he continued. "This is why you get sick and die: because you love what deceives you. Anyone who thinks should consider these matters!

The the text goes on where Peter shows great animosity and jealousy towards Mary.

Peter brings up concerns. He questioned them about the Savior: "Did he, then, speak with a woman (Mary) in private without our knowing about it? Are we to turn around and listen to her? Did he choose her over us?"
Then [M]ary wept and said to Peter, "My brother Peter, what are you imagining? Do you think that I have thought up these things by myself in my heart or that I am telling lies about the Savior?"
Levi answered, speaking to Peter, "Peter, you have always been a wrathful person. Now I see you contending against the woman like the Adversaries (Roman Christians). For if the Savior made her worthy, who are you then for your part to reject her? Assuredly the Savior's knowledge of her is completely reliable. That is why he loved her more than us.

meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
ever.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned [Wink]
That's just the thing. She WASN'T scorned. He was.
Even after she dogged him and laid up with another brother, Russell didn't want the divorce.

A brother has to take care of bizness, or this can be the sad end result.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

I think Horus was thinking there was a problem brewing before the breakup - that he was going to do it anyway because of aforementioned behavior.

quote:
Russell didn't want the divorce.
wait. really? (I didn't follow it in depth at all)

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all good al.

Your posts are also on the ill tip foreal in the information they possess.

And are a must read for anyone reading.

Not to mention the fact that when I first perused ES my (uh.. more .. fiery) posts were mere gibberish and you were of they that inspired in me (and others) a new inspiration for English.

("in order for someone to understand you you must speak their language" - I'm paraphrasing Malcom X)

Yonis2
Member # 11348

Member Rated:
quote:
Habari wrote:
"Osman Agha of Temeşvar who fell captive to the Austrians in 1688 wrote in his memoirs that one night an Austrian boy approached him for sex, telling him "for I know all Turks are pederasts"

One thing you need to realize is that modern Turks are predominatly descendants of Byzantians (Greeks(Eastern romans who held the last traditions of Hellens)).
When the Siljuk Turks(real turks from central asia) invaded Anatolia, a Byzantium realm they never really changed the biological makeup of Anatolia. They were just a powerfull fighting tribes who were not used to controll and administration like the Byzantians. Siljuk turks were nomadic and knew only warfare and conquered lots of land, but they left mostly trace of their langauge, not blood.

The Ottoman empire is a continuation of the Byzantium empire, the only difference is the language (Greek converted to turkish) and religion (orthodox christianity converted to Islam)
When the Byzantians (modern turks in turkey(formerly Greeks)) were defeated by the muslim central-asian turks (Siljuk) and converted to islam, they quickly adapted to their new religion and language but still exercised controll on the muslim world from Anatolia.
This from the 13th century untill the second world war at the beggining of the 20th century under the name Ottoman Empire.

Therefore Pedestry being something popular among the Ottoman muslims is not suprising, considering that Ottomans are descendants of Byzantians who were the last stronghold of the Hellenic culture in Anatolia and the rest of SE Europe.

Habari
Member # 14738

Rate Member
Thanks for the info, very useful, but Turkey is only a part of the Middle East and Central Asia, the practice is even more pronounced in Afghanistan and some part of Pakistan and Persia it's possible that it was there before Islam, but there were a lot research on the growth of Pederasty between 800 and 19th century in Central Asia and the Middle East...and it was found that there was some correlations with some Islamic cultural aspects and attitude toward Pederasty. But in some places especially in Afghanistan it might have preceded Islam...But for the Arab Peninsula, tolerated homosexual behavior might have more to do with extreme separation between male and female.
Wolofi
Member # 14892

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolofi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ever.

Why do you know so much about "cultural" homoseuxality [Confused]
Posts: 343 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

imo al knows about cultural everything and differing styles of sexuality in cultures *in general*.
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Yonis2,

Exactly!
Don't forget that the Yeniceri were converts often employed as the militray arm of the Turkish empire. These convertsm usually Greek ?? sought what they knew was 'natural' and now they were the strong arm of the LAW!

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yonis2

Great Post. See what you can accomplish without the insults.

Peace

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wolofi:
quote:
ever.

Why do you know so much about "cultural" homoseuxality [Confused]
I think it would be more fruitful for you (lol [Big Grin] ) if you re-phrased your question to

"Mighty Sage of ES, Why do you know so much?"

Whatbox
Member # 10819

[Big Grin] lol .. brillian

--------------------

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^thanks dude, I've been on a roll wit dem double-entendres nowadays [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
quote:

Sounds more like a rationalizing justification for homosexuality/pediophilia.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com