EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The Soul - An Ancient Black Concept (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Soul - An Ancient Black Concept
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Human Soul: An Ancient Black Concept

-

A stone slab (800 B.C.) found in Turkey by a University of Chicago expedition reveals the first evidence for a belief in the region for the soul existing outside the body. People believed the soul lived in the stone. Credit: University of Chicago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meredith F. Small
LiveScience's Human Nature Columnist
LiveScience.com meredith F. Small
livescience's Human Nature Columnist
livescience.com – Fri Nov 28, 9:35 am ET

A friend recently told me that he had finally, in middle age, found his soul mate. She was a woman he barely knew, but he was willing to give up everything to be in her sphere. With glassy eyes, he described how they were special, destined to find each other, and that in coming together they made each other whole.

It was hard to not laugh at my friend's pronouncement of wandering souls crashing together, because most adults are long past that ephemeral kind of love and way into the hard reality of day-to-day living with someone, no matter the condition of their soul.

But my friend would be heartened by the discovery by archaeologists from the Neubauer Expedition of the Oriental Institute at the University of Chicago of a stone slab with an inscription that confirms that people like him have been into the idea of a soul for a very long time.

The slab, or stele, was recovered from an Iron Age city called Sam'al in Turkey. It dates to around the 8th century B.C. On the 800-pound, three-foot-tall piece of rock was an incised picture of a man, the deceased, who was presumably cremated, and words that explained that the soul of this man now resided within the stone slab.

What is it with humans and the idea of a soul? The ancient Greeks, who were around about the same time as the slab was cut, also loved the idea of a soul, and most cultures and religions today buy into it as well. Yet there's no evidence that such a thing really exists. But still, even the most cynical of us is always trying to save our souls, damn other people's souls, and searching for soul mates.

Comment: the period known as the Greek "Dark Ages" - 1,200 to 800 B.C. Was the transitional period, between rule by the original Black Greeks/Minoans and the invading illiterate Barbarians – the Hellenes. This period is called the "Dark Ages" because no writing or art (such as stele) was produced during this period (they were too busy fighting). So though the White Greeks were around at the time – religious philosophy would have been the last thing on their minds – they would be educated later.

It's hard to say exactly when the idea of a second self came into play. Presumably the recognition of a soul appeared hand-in-hand with human consciousness, and it was probably voiced when we had language to put the idea of a soul into words. That would place the time frame for a soul around 200,000 years ago, when humans experienced a cultural explosion which they expressed in art, clothing, and evidence of religion.

Clearly, at that point and beyond, humans had moved beyond solving how to find enough food, and they were using their excess brain power and leisure time to think of other things.

In that sense, the idea of a soul, or any kind of human spirituality, might simply be the product of too much brain and too much free time.

It might also be an evolutionary strategy that takes us away from the anxieties of self-consciousness. Once fully modern humans knew they could die, it probably made sense to pretend that no one really died but that some part of us lived on into the cosmos.

Given the vagaries of ancient life, it probably also made sense to invent souls that had the power to haunt and cause harm to explain all the bad stuff in life.

In fact, every culture, even today, has some concept that separates the spirit from the body, confirming that like my dreamy friend, humans seem compelled to think of themselves as something more than the sum of our biological parts, even if that belief makes us do foolish earthly things.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is hard to believe that a man who is smart enough to learn how to read is ignorant enough to think Minoans were black.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheAmericanPatriot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot believe that a person who is smart enough to learn how to read is ignorant enough to think the Minoan's were black.
Posts: 2069 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Greece was never ruled by blacks moron. It is astonding how ignorant a human can be that actually knows how to read.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^lol
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL, you are a nasty, trifling sort Hammer.
Stalking folks who have the nerve to post evidence of their claims.
Shame on you, Mr. Welding instructor.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAmericanPatriot:
I cannot believe that a person who is smart enough to learn how to read is ignorant enough to think the Minoan's were black.

TheAmericanPatriot – The trick is to ACTUALLY READ the stuff, instead of simply parroting the nonsense taught to you in high school. I would have though that by now, after being on the board for a time, it would have dawned on you, that “your people” are degenerate liars. You need to understand and accept that, and get used to it, it won’t change.

But to your point: As you can clearly see, the subject of the ancient Anatolian stele above; is a Black man. Using whatever powers of logic and reasoning that you may have; if Crete and Greece are next-door-neighbors to Anatolia, and ancient Anatolians are Black, mighten it be possible that the original Cretans and Greeks were also Black?

But understanding the fact that you raised the question, indicates limited powers of cognition, I offer these authentic artifacts from ancient Crete and Greece. You might also want to make note; that you don't see AUTHENTIC images of "Whites" until much later.

-

-

-

-

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mike you got to start a blog or something. You have a tremendous collection.

It will great for students like me who are eager to learn.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey TAP I/we are will to listen to you but . . . .give us some evidence on your claim. Mike has posted minoans that look . . .Black to me.

Where is your proof to the contrary.

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Mike gave me a source that did not back up his claim. This is an example of the careless scholarship some use on this board. What Mike is doing to jumping to conclusions without solid data. He wants to say "since it might be the case, it is."

He makes an irresponsible claims and then asks me to disprove it. The fact is classical scholars do not agree with him. Mainstream Greek historians reject all of this mumbo jumbo.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
Mike gave me a source that did not back up his claim. This is an example of the careless scholarship some use on this board. What Mike is doing to jumping to conclusions without solid data. He wants to say "since it might be the case, it is."

He makes an irresponsible claims and then asks me to disprove it. The fact is classical scholars do not agree with him. Mainstream Greek historians reject all of this mumbo jumbo.

TheAmericanPatriot: As I recall, I suggested YESTERDAY that you read the on-line book "MYTHS OF CRETE & PRE-HELLENIC EUROPE By DONALD A. MACKENZIE" during my posting on the Egyptology board.

NOW - a few hours later, you come back claiming that the material did not back up my claims???? Since the ACTUAL reading and cross-referencing necessary to understand the book would take several days. The inescapable conclusion, is that you are the typical, fearful, lying, completely without scruples, degenerate White person. Who KNOWS that your historical existence on this Earth is a complete fabrication, and perhaps, an error of nature; hence your love of the lie.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He has a "blog." That RealHistory site he always
uses as reference is nothing but his own endeavor.

quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Hey Mike you got to start a blog or something. You have a tremendous collection.

It will great for students like me who are eager to learn.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
I found out enough about the book to know that nowhere does it claim that Minoans were black.
I also know that Classical scholars do not support that view.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^Come-on: TheAmericanPatriot, admit it. That lie came as easily as breathing. You had no interest in learning the truth, or in anything else that would interfere with the "group hallucination" that White people have created, in order to explain their presence on the Earth. Now tell the truth; in your soul-of-souls (if White people have one), wouldn't you really like to just kill and destroy all of those non-Whites, who you think are out to get you? See what I mean by degenerate?
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
The fact that you are using language like "white people" tells me right off the bat that you have no scholarly talent. No scholar would use that kind of language. You are not interested in history at all, but rather racial politics. I know your type well as I get them in class from time to time. They either give me responsible, well thought out answers or they fail the class. Well thpought out answers means staying within the confines of accepted historical ideas. Thinking people will not always agree but radical, race based political theories should not be tolerated.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^Ah, a new tact: After failing the "Truth" test, you now seek refuge in the, not-scholarly, rabble-rouser, radical racist, how-can-you-believe-them tent. Which is fine for White people, but as you may have guessed, I am NOT talking to White people. I am exposing you and your kind, to the rest of the world. Hopefully they will also take note, that you TEACH!
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^Not meaning to beat a dead horse TheAmericanPatriot, but you are a weak and fearful people. Quite at-home with the lie and violence, in order to protect the insular and imaginary world that you have created for yourselves; and from the perceived enemies that you see all around - for the most part.

Because quite frankly; I was blown away by Michael Moore's cartoon depiction of this same syndrome in "Bowling for Columbine". It is amazing to me; that an actual White man, could step away from his kind, and look back, and then accurately interpret what he saw. I keep looking for indications that he might actually be a Black man "passing" but so far, have found none. This is a clear indication that you are not all the same - so there is hope!

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Mike, That bitterness is not going to get you anywhere. Did not the election of Obama teach you anything? The world is changing. Capitalist nations no longer care what color you are. If you can produce wealth you have a place in this world. You guys need to look ahead to a positive future.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^That is all well and good - though not accurate, but my interest is in recovering a stolen past. Give it back, and we're even.
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
It was not stolen, thus you are wasting your life. Afrocentrism wants to see the world in 19th century racial teams. Blacks as a group have no future, individual blacks have a great future.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^Being from Texas, I understand your ignorance. But google population statistics; after you have gotten your numb-ass off the floor, let the other a-holes in on what you have learned. Surprise, surprise, White people are the worlds MINORITY, Blacks of all ethnicities are the MAJORITY. I told you that your people lived in an imaginary world!
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Roaches are even a bigger majority Mike. Get the point.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^Hey, what happened to the "No scholar would use that kind of language. You are not interested in history at all, but rather racial politics" stuff???

(Reality's a bitch, ain't it!!)

he he, They're coming to get you, ah ha, ah ha. They're coming to get you, ah ha, ah ha.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
No alternative, it the only stick you understand. Just a little food for thought.
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
He he; Texans, ya gotta love um. Brave, until it's a fair fight. Blustering ideologues, until beaten down by the truth. Pious moralists, until they have to fend for themselves, then they revert to their true nature - Bushwhackers.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
quote:
. Mainstream Greek historians reject all of this mumbo jumbo.

Yeah these same mainstream "Greek Scholars" also cite/portray AE as being Nordic Europeans.

Again provide evidence to the contrary that the minoans were not black. Infact "some" the Estruscans portrayed also look black Africanoid to me. . . .despite what the "experts" say. They look like they were influnced by AE.

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
They do not portray Egyptians as nordic Europeans ayyman. You are the one who is making a point that is not currently accepted historical scholarship, the burden of proof is on you and you have none.

Mike, Your post , as usual was incoherent. Long on emotion and bravado, short on maturity.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
From the Palace of Knossos
The famous "bull leaping" fresco from the East wing of the palace.
The different phases of the sport are shown. The bull leapers are both men and women. 15th century B.C.

-
a Minoan fisherman with his catch of mackerel or tuna - this fresco was found at the city of Akrotiri on the Greek island of Santorini

-

-

-

-

-

-

The skin is represented by Minoan painters as a deep terra cotta for men, and white for women. This exaggerates the difference between outdoor and indoor habits of life.

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
Yeah, that is true but they were as white as Paris Hilton. You guys get down right silly with this stuff.
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-
a Minoan fisherman with his catch of mackerel or tuna

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
They do not portray Egyptians as nordic Europeans ayyman. You are the one who is making a point that is not currently accepted historical scholarship, the burden of proof is on you and you have none.

Mike, Your post , as usual was incoherent. Long on emotion and bravado, short on maturity.

TheAmericanPatriot - I know you think that your position is intellectually fail-safe. You ask me to find amount the Whites who lie about history, a liar that will tell the truth. That is of course impossible, if one told the truth, he would not be a liar, since they are all liars, you know perfectly well that one who tells the truth will not be found. And if such a person did exist, he would quickly be removed.

Consequently, those with at least "some" scruples are left to use code words and innuendo to get the point across. And as evidenced by the stele above, allowing some artifacts to be shown. But the bottom line is this - I and other self-aware Blacks do not need White people to tell us what is true, we figure it out for ourselves.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Several things point to make here.

I am no expert but from what I have read since being on this board, about 1.5yrs now. I remember seeing "redone" Minoan art, even redone AE art. So I am not sure if all what you are showing are fake or real. I know now that ancient art have been redone to look European.

That aside. Seems like Minoans and AE similarities in that the women are sometimes portrayed lighter. Seems to me that in some pics that I have seen the AE and Minoans are strikingly similar. Applying the same logic that would make the Minoans . . .black.

Also - please get over the "shade/outdoors" makes the women lighter nonsense.

quote:
Originally posted by finished:
 -
The different phases of the sport are shown. The bull leapers are both men and women. 15th century B.C.

-
a Minoan fisherman with his catch of mackerel or tuna - this fresco was found at the city of Akrotiri on the Greek island of Santorini

-

-

-

-

-

-

The skin is represented by Minoan painters as a deep terra cotta for men, and white for women. This exaggerates the difference between outdoor and indoor habits of life.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
finished - I want to be helpful, so I will repeat - WHITE PEOPLE LIE!!!!

To the point: Do you really believe that 4,000 year-old paintings could really be that intact, and in that good a condition????

The answer is, of course NOT! They were REPAINTED!!!!!

BTW - So were Egyptian Tomb Paintings, they're not real either!

TheAmericanPatriot
Member # 15824

Rate Member
xyyman, First of all even if they did look like Egyptians, which they do not, that would not make them black since Egyptians were ansd are north african caucasians.

That said, Minoan art does not resemble Egyptian art in any way.

Thirdly, nobody has any reason to "fake" art. That is just your way of discrediting any art that does not fit your preconcieved notion.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I do remember someone posting a "before and after" on a Minoans piece. I beleive Myra had the before and the peice was cleary redone to look European. So Mike has a point. These were probably redone.

--------------------

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:
xyyman, First of all even if they did look like Egyptians, which they do not, that would not make them black since Egyptians were ansd are north african caucasians.

Thirdly, nobody has any reason to "fake" art. That is just your way of discrediting any art that does not fit your preconcieved notion.

xyyman - From that statement, it is clear that we are dealing with either a fool or a troll. In either case, that's it for me, he's on the ignore list.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
As I said I am new to this and I am open to new ideas. I don't have any preconcieved notions.

Any logically person can see similarities between the AE and Minoans. I am not saying they are one and the same.

Secondly - by using the word caucasian shows a level of ignorance and irrationality on your part. With all the knowledge available you should know by now that Caucasians don't exist. It is an illogically term. If you want to prove how smart you are try using modern scientific terms. I don't wnat to rehash all those silly arguments you keep getting into, if you want an audience please use some logic and modern science to defend your position.

You are the one that seems to be emotional as most racialist are.

quote:

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Hey Mike why don't you post some pics from your collections of "Africanoid" from that region to settle this argument. I know you had some in Marc's 50pg European thread. Then let the audience come to their own conclusion.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
quote:

xyyman - From that statement, it is clear that we are dealing with either a fool or a troll. In either case, that's it for me, he's on the ignore list.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
DNA Sheds Light On Minoans

Crete’s fabled Minoan civilization was built by people from Anatolia, according to a new study by Greek and foreign scientists that disputes an earlier theory that said the Minoans’ forefathers had come from Africa.

The new study – a collaboration by experts in Greece, the USA, Canada, Russia and Turkey – drew its conclusions from the DNA analysis of 193 men from Crete and another 171 from former neolithic colonies in central and northern Greece.

The results show that the country’s neolithic population came to Greece by sea from Anatolia – modern-day Iran, Iraq and Syria – and not from Africa as maintained by US scholar Martin Bernal.

The DNA analysis indicates that the arrival of neolithic man in Greece from Anatolia coincided with the social and cultural upsurge that led to the birth of the Minoan civilization, Constantinos Triantafyllidis of Thessaloniki’s Aristotle University told Kathimerini.

“Until now we only had the archaeological evidence – now we have genetic data too and we can date the DNA,” he said.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1996686/posts

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^^^finished, you are just Toooo gullible: quote - "The new study – a collaboration by experts in Greece, the USA, Canada, Russia and Turkey – drew its conclusions from the DNA analysis of 193 men from Crete and another 171 from former neolithic colonies in central and northern Greece."

Question - how would taking DNA samples from MODERN men in these areas, shed light on who the ANCIENT inhabitants were, when we already know that they are DIFFERENT people!!!

For instance - NONE argue that the TURKS are NEW to Turkey. Their migration to Anatolia is WELL DOCUMENTED!!!

Logically then - If someone wanted to know who the ANCIENT Anatolian's were, wouldn't they take DNA samples of ANCIENT BONES????

Come-on - do I need to repeat myself? - WHITES LIE!!!

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
BTW xyyman - Did you make note of the "con" employed by the troll TheAmericanPatriot? It is called the moving bar technique; just as you prepare to defeat one idiocy he moves to another. (First the Minoans were White, then the Egyptians were White). Oh the machinations of the simple mind.

P.S. I will honor your request for pictures.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:

-

The Satyrs were divine, half-man and half-goat creatures of Ancient Greece

The Satyrs were mythological creatures with the upper part of their body of a man and the lower half of a goat. The leader of the Satyrs was god Pan.

Usually the Satyrs resided in woods and mountains or were accompanying the Greek god of wine Dionysus on his journeys, dancing around joyfully with the Nymphs and drinking.

The Satyrs also gave their name to a specific type of theatrical play, the satiric drama, that parodies popular myths of Greek gods and heroes.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
The Minoans were the first ancient culture to create art purely for its beauty rather than its function. That beauty did not contain the religious and symbolic oversaturation found in Middle Eastern and Egyptian art. Minoan art served aesthetic and decorative purposes where Mesopotamian and Persian art were created for religious reasons. Wall-sized paintings decorated every room in Minoan palaces and art was used for enjoyment. Artistic themes included unimportant, trivial details of everyday life, such as a cat hunting, sea creatures or sporting events. In later societies we would expect to find representations of battles, political figures and events; Crete was an exception. The Minoan artist was uninhibited to render everyday details; someone bearing a vase or simply walking down a street. Crete produced for the sake of the art and not for complicated or superstitious reasons.
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Differential Y-chromosome Anatolian Influences on the Greek and Cretan Neolithic
R. J. King 1 , S. S. Özcan 2 , T. Carter 3 , E. Kalfoğlu 2 , S. Atasoy 2 , C. Triantaphyllidis 4 , A. Kouvatsi 4 , A. A. Lin 5 , C-E. T. Chow 5 , L. A. Zhivotovsky 6 , M. Michalodimitrakis 7 and P. A. Underhill 5,*

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119387747/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

KEYWORDS
Y-chromosome diversity • Neolithic Greece • Crete • bread wheat • maritime migration • Bronze Age
ABSTRACT

The earliest Neolithic sites of Europe are located in Crete and mainland Greece. A debate persists concerning whether these farmers originated in neighboring Anatolia and the role of maritime colonization. To address these issues 171 samples were collected from areas near three known early Neolithic settlements in Greece together with 193 samples from Crete. An analysis of Y-chromosome haplogroups determined that the samples from the Greek Neolithic sites showed strong affinity to Balkan data, while Crete shows affinity with central/Mediterranean Anatolia. Haplogroup J2b-M12 was frequent in Thessaly and Greek Macedonia while haplogroup J2a-M410 was scarce. Alternatively, Crete, like Anatolia showed a high frequency of J2a-M410 and a low frequency of J2b-M12. This dichotomy parallels archaeobotanical evidence, specifically that while bread wheat (Triticum aestivum) is known from Neolithic Anatolia, Crete and southern Italy; it is absent from earliest Neolithic Greece. The expansion time of YSTR variation for haplogroup E3b1a2-V13, in the Peloponnese was consistent with an indigenous Mesolithic presence. In turn, two distinctive haplogroups, J2a1h-M319 and J2a1b1-M92, have demographic properties consistent with Bronze Age expansions in Crete, arguably from NW/W Anatolia and Syro-Palestine, while a later mainland (Mycenaean) contribution to Crete is indicated by relative frequencies of V13.

To add to the above....

E3b is the main clade, and E3b1 is the sub-Clade of E3b. E3b1 alpha is a "cluster" of E3b1 "sub-Clade"; the "alpha" tandem repeat is not a clade at all.

E3b1 alpha is derived from E3b1 and has a MRCA of ~8,000 ky. E3b1 is absent in Europe. E3b1 beta is virtually absent in the Balkans. E3b1 gamma is restricted to East Africa. E3b1 delta predates E3b1 alpha AND is located in the Balkans. This is why E3b1 delta is considered the precursor of E3b1 alpha.

One cannot be certain about the morphology of the folks, among whom the mutation occurred. What is certain, is that there were clear sub-Saharan affinities among the Neolithic populations of the "Near Easterners" who spread the Neolithic culture into Europe. Sub-Saharan affinities were also found in the Balkans, **from where the alpha derivatives appear to have spread elsewhere westward**

"Against this background of disease, movement and pedomorphic reduction of body size one can identify Negroid traits of nose and prognathism appearing in Natufian latest hunters (McCown, 1939) and **in Anatolian** and Macedonian first farmers, probably from Nubia via the unknown predecesors of the Badarians and Tasians....". - J. L. Angel

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
finished - If you are making the point that Cretans "culturally" were not Egyptians or Mesopotamia's, but rather Anatolian's or some other, then there is support for your position. Owing to the various and sundry a-hole White trolls on the board, my recent postings have been limited to racial issues. But as you seem to understand (I hope), there is a completely different dimension to the argument.
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
quote:

Any logically person can see similarities between the AE and Minoans. I am not saying they are one and the same.

The Minoans were sailors, and they had intercourse with all the other nations of the Mediterranean.

-

Plastered walls from the Minoan palaces and villas that have survived to our day provide a precious portrait of life in Crete during prehistoric times.

Minoan FrescoeThe figures and scenes painted in the Minoan frescoes display the familiar Egyptian side view with the frontal eye, as well as the sharp outlines in solid color.

The Egyptian influence when it comes to painting seems to stop there as the Minoan frescoes distinguish themselves from the products of other Mediterranean cultures in many ways. They are characterized by the small waist, the fluidity of line, and the vitality of character bestowed on every painted figure. Minoan stylistic conventions emphasized elasticity, spontaneity, and dynamic motion, while the colors and high-contrast patterns instill an elegant freshness to characters and nature scenes alike.

While the Egyptian painters of the time painted their wall paintings in the "dry-fresco" (fresco secco) technique, the Minoans utilized a "true" or "wet" painting method. Painting on wet plaster allowed the pigments of metal and mineral oxides to bind well to the wall, while it required quick execution. The nature of this technique allowed for a high degree of improvisation and spontaneity and introduced the element of chance into the final art. Since they had to work within the time constrains of the drying plaster, the painters had to be very skillful, and their fluid brush strokes translated into the graceful outlines that characterize minoan painting. For this reason, the true wet method of painting was most appropriate for the fluid moments of life and nature scenes that the Minoans favored, which contrasted sharply with the strict stylization and stereotyping typical of frescoes from other Mediterranean cultures of the same time. The figures of Minoan frescoes are depicted in natural poses of free movement that reflect the rigors of the activity they engage with, an attitude characteristic of a seafaring culture accustomed to freedom of movement, liquidity, and vigor.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike if you were to actually read the stuff posted, instead of always dismissing it as junk. You would've noticed the study produced results that ancient Anatolian's carried E3b and J, which means this was the Neolithic revolution from the middle east into Europe, of course there is no way around the influence from Africans(E3b) and Near easterners(J) into this Anatolian and ultimately Minoan civilization etc...
Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Several things point to make here.

I am no expert but from what I have read since being on this board, about 1.5yrs now. I remember seeing "redone" Minoan art, even redone AE art. So I am not sure if all what you are showing are fake or real. I know now that ancient art have been redone to look European.

That aside. Seems like Minoans and AE similarities in that the women are sometimes portrayed lighter. Seems to me that in some pics that I have seen the AE and Minoans are strikingly similar. Applying the same logic that would make the Minoans . . .black.

Also - please get over the "shade/outdoors" makes the women lighter nonsense.

quote:
Originally posted by finished:
 -

-

-

-

-

-

These artifacts are all fakes

-

This is how they really looked

-

The original Minoans look nothing like the paintings and statues posted. Most of these works have been repainted.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Knowledgeiskey718 - You can't have it both ways. On the thread "ARE WHITE'S A FIXED ALBINO RACE?" you claim that White people are descendant from the original modern man to enter Europe, (the khoisan Grimaldi 45,000 B.C.) and that they later TURNED White because of lack of sunshine.

And here you claim, and I quote:

"Against this background of disease, movement and pedomorphic reduction of body size one can identify Negroid traits of nose and prognathism appearing in Natufian latest hunters (McCown, 1939) and **in Anatolian** and Macedonian first farmers, probably from Nubia via the unknown predecesors of the Badarians and Tasians....". - J. L. Angel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, since farming in Greece (same as Macedonia) is dated at about 7000 B.C. That means that White people in Europe must have TURNED White between then 7,000 B.C. and 1,200 B.C. (Which is when we KNOW Whites to be present there). Which is a time-frame of 5 or 6,000 years.

Question - how come it ONLY happened in THAT time-frame? If it ONLY takes about 5 or 6,000 years for people to change color, why didn't it happen at about 40,000 B.C. or 35,000 B.C. or 30,000 B.C. etc.etc.

Another Question - How come Eskimo's, Sammi, and Mongolians (not to be confused with the racial term "Mongol") are not White, but rather "Brown" skinned? They have been living with MUCH less sunlight than Europeans for thousands of years - by rights, they should be snow-white.

The answer is of course, White people are lying again. Whites migrated from ASIA to Europe, and killed or absorbed the original Black inhabitants of Europe. The original Black inhabitants did NOT turn White.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
 -

-

-

For some reason women are shown in white color, whereas men in dark red. The white-skinned figures always have long hair, which is typical of women

-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com