EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » MIDDLE EAST: origin of the deliberate misnomer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MIDDLE EAST: origin of the deliberate misnomer
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rasol

This was a great piece of information you shared with us.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003345#000008

Can you please repost your research find to this new thread.
It's too good of an uncovering to be obscured elsewhere.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is the term Semitic to your people.
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Wrong thread (plus old news).

Back on topic:

This British term needs to go.

I really like this part:

quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Progressive Indian intellectuals have taken to referring to Arabia, and SouthWest Asia because they are keenly aware of the insanity of teaching their children that and area that lies west of them constitutes the 'near' or 'middle' east.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm waiting for Rasol to repost his entire thread.
I would do it myself but I prefer it have his name
as the poster since it is his research alone.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alive:

^Wrong thread (plus old news).

Back on topic:

I really like this part:

quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Progressive Indian intellectuals have taken to referring to Arabia, and SouthWest Asia because they are keenly aware of the insanity of teaching their children that and area that lies west of them constitutes the 'near' or 'middle' east.

If you are looking for related discussions, then these would qualify as examples:

Vague terms: a diffusionist favorite

The term "MIddle East" origin

There are likely other examples of such topics in the archives.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've come across a more than a few examples and thanks.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alive aka Jeeves wrote:
-------------------------------
-------------------------------

Its interesting to see what eurocentric lies the forum's butler thinks should stop and those he believes should not. And not only that believes he should help propagate.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akoben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh like supporting studies that stereotype Africans as the "Forest Negro type". Jeeeves is hilarious! lol
Posts: 4165 | From: jamaica | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Precisely; I guess that's EXACTLY why I posted this which caused the "movie director" guy to send me lengthy back and forth PMs over (uninentionally) hurt feelings. Which I regret as I didn't go about it the best way and the alleged movie director guy supposedly had alot of problems even casting blacks for lead roles in the films .. which makes sense since this is hollywood. But, correct you are again Jackedassoben [Roll Eyes] .

quote:
Originally posted by MindoverMatter718:
quote:
Originally posted by akoben:
but but, if, if they were, but, but, but, but but, but, but, if, if, if, if this, if that, what about, but, but, but if if then Europeans can't be hybrids, they just cant be, but when did they become Europeans, but, but, but if, if, if [Frown] [Mad] ........ heeeeeehaaaawwww  -

For once could assopen not open his jackass mouth when he doesn't know what the **** he's talkin about? No? Well, by all means continue to make yourself look like a jackass then.
akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
when he doesn't know what the **** he's talkin about?

Don't you support the Eurocentric stereotying in Bowcock (1991) Jeeves?

^ now my glass is empty Jeeves. Chop chop!

Whatbox
Member # 10819

already addressed here, if not, address it there

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, you can't blame a jackass for farting or its
fart content being gaseous as to ignite as soon
as exposed to air.

But what can you say about those who try conversing
with a flaming wild ass fart?

quote:
Originally posted by Alive:
^Precisely; I guess that's EXACTLY why I posted this which caused the "movie director" guy to send me lengthy back and forth PMs over (uninentionally) hurt feelings. Which I regret as I didn't go about it the best way and the alleged movie director guy supposedly had alot of problems even casting blacks for lead roles in the films .. which makes sense since this is hollywood. But, correct you are again Jackedassoben [Roll Eyes] .

quote:
Originally posted by MindoverMatter718:
quote:
Originally posted by akoben:
but but, if, if they were, but, but, but, but but, but, but, if, if, if, if this, if that, what about, but, but, but if if then Europeans can't be hybrids, they just cant be, but when did they become Europeans, but, but, but if, if, if [Frown] [Mad] ........ heeeeeehaaaawwww  -

For once could assopen not open his jackass mouth when he doesn't know what the **** he's talkin about? No? Well, by all means continue to make yourself look like a jackass then.

akoben
Member # 15244

Rate Member
^ great jew is just upset because his "black" serphadi mesopotamian brethrens aren't black at all. lol
Whatbox
Member # 10819

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Hey, you can't blame a jackass for farting or its
fart content being gaseous as to ignite as soon
as exposed to air.

But what can you say about those who try conversing
with a flaming wild ass fart?

I don't know other than perhaps that they diserve to be on "ignore" just like their extreme masochist sword-figthting "abused" friend.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com