EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » MIDDLE EAST: origin of the deliberate misnomer » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
alTakruri
Member # 10195
 - posted
Rasol

This was a great piece of information you shared with us.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003345#000008

Can you please repost your research find to this new thread.
It's too good of an uncovering to be obscured elsewhere.

akoben
Member # 15244
 - posted
So is the term Semitic to your people.

Alive
Member # 10819
 - posted
^Wrong thread (plus old news).

Back on topic:

This British term needs to go.

I really like this part:

quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Progressive Indian intellectuals have taken to referring to Arabia, and SouthWest Asia because they are keenly aware of the insanity of teaching their children that and area that lies west of them constitutes the 'near' or 'middle' east.

alTakruri
Member # 10195
 - posted
I'm waiting for Rasol to repost his entire thread.
I would do it myself but I prefer it have his name
as the poster since it is his research alone.

The Explorer
Member # 14778
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by Alive:

^Wrong thread (plus old news).

Back on topic:

I really like this part:

quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Progressive Indian intellectuals have taken to referring to Arabia, and SouthWest Asia because they are keenly aware of the insanity of teaching their children that and area that lies west of them constitutes the 'near' or 'middle' east.

If you are looking for related discussions, then these would qualify as examples:

Vague terms: a diffusionist favorite

The term "MIddle East" origin

There are likely other examples of such topics in the archives.

Alive
Member # 10819
 - posted
Yes, I've come across a more than a few examples and thanks.

argyle104
Member # 14634
 - posted
Alive aka Jeeves wrote:
-------------------------------
-------------------------------

Its interesting to see what eurocentric lies the forum's butler thinks should stop and those he believes should not. And not only that believes he should help propagate.

akoben
Member # 15244
 - posted
Yeh like supporting studies that stereotype Africans as the "Forest Negro type". Jeeeves is hilarious! lol

Alive
Member # 10819
 - posted
^Precisely; I guess that's EXACTLY why I posted this which caused the "movie director" guy to send me lengthy back and forth PMs over (uninentionally) hurt feelings. Which I regret as I didn't go about it the best way and the alleged movie director guy supposedly had alot of problems even casting blacks for lead roles in the films .. which makes sense since this is hollywood. But, correct you are again Jackedassoben [Roll Eyes] .

quote:
Originally posted by MindoverMatter718:
quote:
Originally posted by akoben:
but but, if, if they were, but, but, but, but but, but, but, if, if, if, if this, if that, what about, but, but, but if if then Europeans can't be hybrids, they just cant be, but when did they become Europeans, but, but, but if, if, if [Frown] [Mad] ........ heeeeeehaaaawwww  -

For once could assopen not open his jackass mouth when he doesn't know what the **** he's talkin about? No? Well, by all means continue to make yourself look like a jackass then.

akoben
Member # 15244
 - posted
when he doesn't know what the **** he's talkin about?

Don't you support the Eurocentric stereotying in Bowcock (1991) Jeeves?

^ now my glass is empty Jeeves. Chop chop!

Alive
Member # 10819
 - posted
already addressed here, if not, address it there

alTakruri
Member # 10195
 - posted
Hey, you can't blame a jackass for farting or its
fart content being gaseous as to ignite as soon
as exposed to air.

But what can you say about those who try conversing
with a flaming wild ass fart?

quote:
Originally posted by Alive:
^Precisely; I guess that's EXACTLY why I posted this which caused the "movie director" guy to send me lengthy back and forth PMs over (uninentionally) hurt feelings. Which I regret as I didn't go about it the best way and the alleged movie director guy supposedly had alot of problems even casting blacks for lead roles in the films .. which makes sense since this is hollywood. But, correct you are again Jackedassoben [Roll Eyes] .

quote:
Originally posted by MindoverMatter718:
quote:
Originally posted by akoben:
but but, if, if they were, but, but, but, but but, but, but, if, if, if, if this, if that, what about, but, but, but if if then Europeans can't be hybrids, they just cant be, but when did they become Europeans, but, but, but if, if, if [Frown] [Mad] ........ heeeeeehaaaawwww  -

For once could assopen not open his jackass mouth when he doesn't know what the **** he's talkin about? No? Well, by all means continue to make yourself look like a jackass then.

akoben
Member # 15244
 - posted
^ great jew is just upset because his "black" serphadi mesopotamian brethrens aren't black at all. lol

Alive
Member # 10819
 - posted
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Hey, you can't blame a jackass for farting or its
fart content being gaseous as to ignite as soon
as exposed to air.

But what can you say about those who try conversing
with a flaming wild ass fart?

I don't know other than perhaps that they diserve to be on "ignore" just like their extreme masochist sword-figthting "abused" friend.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com