EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The New Rosetta Stone - Nubian hieroglyphics as source of Western alphabets (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The New Rosetta Stone - Nubian hieroglyphics as source of Western alphabets
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Apocalypse writes]: "Marc labeled the rock inscriptions "Nubian Hieroglyphs"

[Marc writes]: You imply that I have pulled this from thin air and that your characterization that these are Egyptian hieroglyphics is right and I wrong. However, it is not "I". This came from:

Zbyněk Žába, The rock inscriptions of Lower Nubia, (Universita Karlova, Praha, 11974), figure 115.

[Apocalypse writes]: Dr. Winters wrote:

quote:
Above is Marc's poster. He is talking about the Qustul Incense Burner and other Group A text--not Meroitic. Your claim that Marc is talking about Meroitic and not Group=A writing suggest that you can't read or you are a liar.
Well Dr. Winters its there for all the world to see. Marc labeled the rock inscriptions "Nubian Hieroglyphs" which he describes further, in the same poster, as "the still undeciphered Nubian Hieroglyphs."

[Marc writes]: I wrote about two things: (1) Zbyněk Žába characterization of the Nubian hieroglyphics; (2) the Qustul Incense Burner and other Group A text.

-

This is very much pre-Meriotic.

What I have indicated, it's conjecture but I feel justified conjecture, what I have indicated is that the Qustul Incense burner (3100 BC) established that the script used for composing isolated ideas into writing was introduced by Nubians (3100 BC), copied by Egyptians (later, around 3000 BC - see image) and this got the ball rolling for future alphabets and the concept and tool of writing.

Some will agree with me. Others such as yourself won't. People have free will and I accept your right to disagree.

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marc Washington wrote:
quote:
What I have indicated, it's conjecture but I feel justified conjecture
^Fair enough and honest.
Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

New addition to page: http://www.beforebc.de/Related.Subjects/Roots.of.Language/08-10-00-12.html

Column 4 identifies the Africans there as Archean.

What follows looks at some of the history of the term which gravely misrepresents the facts in my view.

Biographical note on Arthur Evans: Sir Arthur John Evans (8 July 1851 – 11 July 1941) was a British archaeologist most famous for unearthing the palace of Knossos on the Greek island of Crete at Kephala Hill and for developing the concept of "Minoan civilization" from the structures and artifacts there and elsewhere in Crete and the eastern Mediterranean. He was the first to define the Cretan scripts, Linear A and Linear B as well as an earlier pictographic writing. He and Heinrich Schliemann are considered the two major pioneers in the study of Aegean civilization in the Bronze Age.

Following is foreword from: Arthur Evans, “The Minoan and Mycenean Element in Hellenic Life,” J.H.S., xxxii 227, sqq.

THE TRIBES OF THE EARLY GREEKS: The Archeans were the first to arrive and were followed by the Ionians nestled in the East close to Egypt and Egyptian influence. The first philosophers arose from there with worldviews Egyptian in character. The Ionians were followed by the Dorians made famous by the works attributed to Homer (as Greece had no written language at the time) who laid to waste to and displaced the existing culture. The Greeks finally rejuvenated the culture of the Mycenae after a thousand year hiatus. Sir Arthur Evans (1781 – 1854), in “The Minoan and Mycenean Element in Hellenic Life” wrote that: “The people whom we discern in the new dawn are not the pale-skinned northerners – the ‘yellow-haired Acheans’ and the rest – but essentially the dark-haired, brown complexioned race of whom we have portraiture in the Minoan and Mycenean wall-paintings.”

In identifying the brown complexioned race as being limited to the Minoans, Evans, perhaps conveniently or through honest ignorance, ignores the brown complexioned race that I found in statues on at least a dozen different Greek Islands.

Evans calls the Archean "yellow-haired," so for the point I am going to make, it could be just semantics and if centered on word-choice, superfluous. My point being that the 'yellow-haired" was the last, the Dorians.

I mention this because [i]I have added a note in column 4 that the early phase of Greeks I show are descendents of the Archean, the original population there from neolithic times.

The whites of Greece were the advance guard of the white population that would give us Italians, whites of the Roman Empire, Slavs, Scandinavians, and the forefathers of those who’d lead the Germanic Migration Period of Europe from 500 AD to 1500 AD that would settle England, the Germanic lands, and parts of Northern Europe.

There are several points that might be made to the argument that the Archean were African but here I just briefly mention the fact.

--------------------

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:

-
http://www.beforebc.de/Related.Subjects/Roots.of.Language/08-10-00-12.html

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com