EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Who is your favorite Black Scholar? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Who is your favorite Black Scholar?
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalAfrikanSupremacy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a Junior in High-School and I have only started really studying Afrikan History,Politics, and economics for about a year and a half. During my research I have come across several 'Afrocentric' scholars I deeply admire and I have ranked them in order of their contributions to the Afrocentric Movement.
Number 5
 -

Dr Ivan Sertima gave very powerful lectures. He wrote books about the Moors, Olmecs, and the Egyptians. When I listen to this man he inspires me so very much.
 -
Number 4

Doug is a fully rounded Afrocentric scholar. While Dr Ivan Sertima focused mainly on History, Doug has demonstrated he is an expert with regards to AFRIKAN History, Afrikan economics, and Afrikcan politics. I used to look up to Robert Mugabe as one of my heroes before I read some of Doug's post.
Number 3
 -

Much of the research on Kemetian philosophy and Kemetian Religion comes DIRECTLY from Dr Ben. The Information on Isis, Horus, and the Black Mary comes directly from him.
Number 2
 -

His book the Blueprint for Black Power details a master plan for the power revolution necessary for Black survival in the 21st century. Blueprints posits that an African American/Caribbean/Pan-African bloc would be most potent for the generation and delivery of Black power in the United States and the World to counter White and Asian power networks. Wilson frames this imperative by deconstructing the U.S. elite power structure of government, political parties, think tanks, corporations, foundations, media, interest groups, banking and foreign investment particulars. Potentially strong Black institutions as the church, media and think tanks; industry; collectives such as investment clubs and credit unions; rotating credit associations such as Afrikan-originated esusu, tontine and partner are analyzed. Pan-Afrikanism, Black Nationalism, ethnocentrism and reparation are assessed, often misused and underused financial institutions as securities, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, underwriting, and incubators advocated, thus elucidating oft-negated opportunities for economic empowerment.

Number 1
 -

hn Henrik Clarke (January 1, 1915 - July 16, 1998), born John Henry Clark, was a Pan-Africanist American writer, historian, professor, and a pioneer in the creation of Africana studies and professional institutions in academia starting in the late 1960s.
He was Professor of African World History and in 1969 founding chairman of the Department of Black and Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College of the City University of New York. He also was the Carter G. Woodson Distinguished Visiting Professor of African History at Cornell University’s Africana Studies and Research Center. In 1968 along with the Black Caucus of the African Studies Association, Clarke founded the African Heritage Studies Association.
A self-educated intellectual, Clarke documented the histories and contributions of African peoples in Africa and the diaspora, creating an Afrocentric perspective.

Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Booker T. Washington is one of the scholars that I respected. He developed innovations that would actually benefit Blacks. That core infrastructure and economic base is required to be sustainable. From there, democracy develops as people are able to build and contribute to economic development. He had a solid plan.

Saying that, there is no democracy, if you have no economic base. Legal institutions, even today, are largely class-based. You need to have money or be represented by economic factions. Higher income Blacks, in fact, see the power of money diminish when their channeled into bad debts, and dehumanized in Bankruptcy Law, even more so than the poorest whites.

On the other hand, even though it isn't questioned, I think Martin Luther King Jr is one of the most overrated black men in the history of humankind. If "change" came with him, why are African-Americans even more likely to be incarcerated now than before? Black economic communities have been destroyed after the civil rights movement due to racist redlining, zoning policies, that channeled wealth into white-only suburbs.

He wanted to join the white clubs. The white schools, the institutions. Instead of developing our own institutions, which existed, but could've been revamped. Today, these higher education institutions are weak. It could've been much stronger, with Blacks regulating finances, science and technology development within our own's communities.

Such a population could oppose racist immigration measures. Help fellow Mexicans (who may share prejudice against Blacks) integrate and become partners. Opposing the illegal economic blockade against Cuba as well. The same goes for the oppressed in Haiti, Palestine and elsewhere. Become partners and assist these peoples in developing as well. I think a better world is one where we're all fit, can grow and develop together and share ideas as well. As for "whites", **** them and I'm not shedding tears for the privileged. No one here are going to be crying for bankers either.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob_01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for Arab slaughtering Blacks, let's keep in mind that the original population WERE black. The majority in the Peninsula would resemble many sub-Saharan populations as well. Is hatred against Arabs even required? Many are still Black and it seems totally misplaced. You can criticize Islam's or the region's archaic attributes, but hatred really seems misplaced.

I understand that there is a need to develop reconciliation. Blacks will also have to apologize for developing the slavery system and enslaving our own. It goes both ways, remember. Seeing that Arabs do not play a role in managing international power or oppression. In fact, those populations are oppressed too, and share common interests.

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
congoman
Member # 16073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for congoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheik Ante Diop and Dr. Sertima opened my eyes and I'll be forever thankful and we need more scholars like that to defend Black History.

--------------------
Emancipate your minds.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GlobalAfrikanSupremacy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Diop was not on my list because he married a white woman. I am looking for Afrikan Nationalists for scholars to look up to not just Historians. I still RESPECT Diop for his contribtions to proving Kemet was African though. .
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GlobalAfrikanSupremacy:
Dr Diop was not on my list because he married a white woman. I am looking for Afrikan Nationalists for scholars to look up to not just Historians. I still RESPECT Diop for his contribtions to proving Kemet was African though. .

Ivan van Sertima was married to white women.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:

No he wasn't, she just was extremely light-skinned. Don't like our great Black Scholar like that.
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
Mualana Karenga isn't on my list because he married a Hispanic woman. I can't believe all of these so-called Black leaders who are marrying non-blacks. What is up with this?
 -

He is married to the Hispanic woman to the right.

John Clarke was talking about this in his lecture.'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv49aJ9T0U4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtvjpuUBQro

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are probably a genious . . . . .kid. LOL. However the nic does seem geniunely juvenile.

quote:
I am a Junior in High-School . . . . .

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK!! GAS stop right there

quote:
He is married to the Hispanic woman to the right.
I am sick of all this nonsense division..you are a Black Anglo,because of your language and culture which is Anglo/African etc. there are lite-skinned Anglo/african amongst us as well as dark and the opposite goes for Hispano/African the woman to the right is relatively lite but of Hispano/African back ground the woman in fact looks no different in skin color and hair type than Ivan-Sertima whom you like..but you zero in on the term hispanic and perhaps her skin tone and dissed Mualana Karenga, Jamaica was at first under Spain before it came under the English..culturally Latinos retain more of their African Culture than main land AAs lite or dark..sweeping uninformed statements makes me mad as hell.
This is a friend of mine no prouder blackman will you find but according to your logic he is a throw away because he bares the title Hispanic or Latino
no longer plays for the Fukouka Hawks btw
 -  -
Author A Schomburg who built the research center in Harlem a man who personally inspired and help trained Dr.John Henry Clark..was from puerto Rico
Dr Ben born in Puerto Rico
 -
Folks practicing their Afro-centered religion I am almost certain you do non of that but you want to cast stones at some of our people because of a label
 -
White-clad believers light candles to the Virgen de Las Mercedes in a church in Caracas, Venezuela, last October. Within the Santeria religion, which is on the rise in predominantly Catholic Venezuela, the Mercedes Virgin is considered to represent Obatala, a patriarch in the pantheon of Yoruba gods. Each Oct. 24, Catholic priests allow Santeria followers to enter the church and worship the virgin.
AP / Howard Yane

foods we both like rice and peas and goat I being Jamaican you probably like Steak and potatoes
 -
And again whatever isms or hang-ups about color and identity you find in Latino communities you will find similar in Black Anglo communities as well..so stop throwing rocks at our people for they are your people too get to know them please!!

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings.

quote:

No he wasn't, she just was extremely light-skinned.

Yes, Dr. van Sertima was married to a 'white' wombman at one time; he later remarried.

quote:
I am a Junior in High-School and I have only started really studying Afrikan History,Politics, and economics for about a year and a half.
Respectfully young man, and that is why you should 'run your mouth' less so you can learn more from your Elders. [Smile]

Also, please real-eyes that 'Hispanic' is a CULTURE, not a so-called 'race' of people- they come in every phenotype under the Sun.

htp

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Global it is clear you don't know what Afrocentrism is. As a result, I recommend you check out the site below:

http://olmec98.net/Structure.htm

Here you will learn about the Afrocentric social science methods. After this you should read their books and learn what the research shows.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am a Junior in High-School and I have only started really studying Afrikan History,Politics, and economics for about a year and a half.

This actually says a lot. I think your studies are very good for your age. Keep it up, and don't worry about the Euro naysayers that chime in because a lot of them dont even read books.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Mualana Karenga isn't on my list because he married a Hispanic woman. I can't believe all of these so-called Black leaders who are marrying non-blacks. What is up with this?
 -

Nice try agent 018. That woman is black and you are a mole. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
John Clarke informs us that the woman is a non-black person wearing an Afro Wig anguishofbeing.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Global

All the same, in the end we are all human beings born by Yemaya the original mother in Africa. All those women you see in the world, black, white or chinese, they all carry her genes. All women!

Today we praise Yemaya as the goddess of life and time.

It dont matter the skin of the woman you love, your integrity is not thereby compromised just by that fact.

If u still dont see this now, with time u will.

Lion!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
John Clarke informs us that the woman is a non-black person wearing an Afro Wig anguishofbeing.

I didn't hear him say it. Where is your evidence - outside of Clarke's views - she isn't black.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't rank our scholars but I just recently wrote a biography on the life and work of Dr. Clarke and I agree with his work and methods the most out of the people you mentioned. Nowadays, I'd say S.O.Y. Keita is probably the most preeminent scholar in Africana circles, as evidenced partially by how much he's been cited here.

I'd have to say that Doug is an interesting choice and I'm sure that he's flattered by the shout out. On a side note, what does eloping outside the confines of one's own social ethnic group have to do with their contributions to Africanist scholarship (let alone if they were single, gay or straight)?

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:
quote:

I didn't hear him say it. Where is your evidence - outside of Clarke's views - she isn't black.
Fast froward to 9.23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naKejg-i6d8

I have no evidence outside of Clarke's wise words.

And it continues here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B3i9vWOa78

GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
I don't rank our scholars but I just recently wrote a biography on the life and work of Dr. Clarke and I agree with his work and methods the most out of the people you mentioned. Nowadays, I'd say S.O.Y. Keita is probably the most preeminent scholar in Africana circles, as evidenced partially by how much he's been cited here.

I'd have to say that Doug is an interesting choice and I'm sure that he's flattered by the shout out. On a side note, what does eloping outside the confines of one's own social ethnic group have to do with their contributions to Africanist scholarship (let alone if they were single, gay or straight)?

You can't call yourself a true Afrocentric Black scholar while you mix your blood with a group of people that have enslaved you, exploited you, hated you, and oppressed you for so many years. How can you consider this feat to be admiral? How can you condemn the white man for oppressing our great people while bringing a white woman home to kiss? How can we build a great Black Afrikan State WHEN we aren't producing Black children?
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
He said she was a Mexican with "what seems to be an Afro wig". In other words he doesn't know. Also, being a Mexican does not automatically make you non-black, try again agent 018.
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
He said she was a Mexican with "what seems to be an Afro wig". In other words he doesn't know. Also, being a Mexican does not automatically make you non-black, try again agent 018.

Native Mexicans aren't Black.
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Who said she was "native"?
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
Who said she was "native"?

Use your innately superior Black Brain to observe the obvious. The basis of John Henrik Clarke criticisms of Karenga stems from the fact that he has A) tortured and mutilated black women, and B) treated light-skinned women better than darker skinned women. He condemns him on the basis that his wife is a non-African Mexican.
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Again, what evidence you have she is "native"? Use your innately superior CIA training to answer it. [Roll Eyes]
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
Again, what evidence you have she is "native"? Use your innately superior CIA training to answer it. [Roll Eyes]

Here is some more information about your hero Ron Karenga.
LOL, you're accusing me of being a CIA agent when the REAL government agent is your HERO Ron Karenga.
On Ron Karenga
Lorenzo Komboa Ervin

Here is something to think about: If 30 years after WW2, a Nazi came along and tried to convince us that he now works at a Jewish community center with kids, should we now forgive his previous crimes? So now Karenga and US are "champions of the working class with a living wage campaign in Los Angeles?"

There are those in the contemporary Black nationalist movements who will do anything to rehabilitate this guy despite his crimes against the people. Farrakhan had him as a speaker at the Million Man March in 1995, and he has been giving talks on college campuses with his Kawaida cultural nationalist mumbo-jumbo. Like neo-Nazi holocaust revinionsists, there are those who claim there is no "proof" that Karenga or US had anything to do with the shootings and killings of 5 members of the Black Panther Party in Los Angeles and San Diego, that he is not/was never a police informer and provocateur, and that he should now be rehabilitated in this period. He himself says now that the Black Panther members in L.A., Jon Huggins and Bunchy Carter, who were murdered by US thugs on the UCLA campus in 1968 "egged the whole thing on and got what they deserve", and other Black nationalists have said some nonsense like "they were fighting over a woman", rather than that the FBI initiated all this and they were willing tools.

This points to how corrupt the contemporary movement really is, Karenga and the US helped to destroy the Black revolutionary movement of the 1960's, and no good works in this period will erase that, especially since no one ever paid for these murders and counter-revolutionary acts. We can't be weak on things like this for some perceived short term gain. These are my personal opinions, not those of a group.

I am out of the country and frankly started not to revisit this issue, but will just say this: The rationale about unity in action may be a good one if this were just a question of competing ideas alone, (say about Living wages, but I/we support those campaigns wherever they are) or honest differences among political forces, but that is not what I/we have been talking about at all. Ron Karenga is an outright traitor and killer, and US was a tool of the FBI/LAPD, simple as that. Five black Panthers were killed, 2 at UCLA, but three others in San Diego, and he worked along with other traitors to defeat the Black revolution of the 1960's. What does that have to do with now? First, principles among revolutinary organizers and also the distinct possibility that he/US will do the same in this period.

But let's cut to the chase: I frankly believe that many folks who come down in favor of "rehabilitating" Karenga are people who just disagree with the revolutionary legacy of the Black Panther Party and are down with US as both a past and present political movement, or have some weak ideal about Black/class Unity. This is the kind of *soft Leftism* that exists in this period, so liberal that even counter-revolutionaries are given credence and organizational support without in anyway answering for their crimes.

IMHO, such unity is not possible with class or race enemies. I/we will not work with Karenga, Cotton Smith, Butler (the snitch in Geronimo Pratt's case), or any other turncoat Panther/police infiltrator regardless of his current role or campaign he is involved in. In truth, I feel that revolutionary justice should have been served upon him (Karenga) long ago, and then this discussion would be totally moot. That's all I have to say. I appreciate everyone's views, but it does not change my mind at all.

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My take on GAS is his wide sweeping statements he likes to make he needs to travel and meet other people in the flesh,I would say to him after collage go do an English teaching stint in a foreign country or join a volunteer organization..get out of your comfort zone meet and have conversations with other folks and for christsakes leave Stormfront and Arguewithdumbazzes alone.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
Honorable Mention
 -  -
 -

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Thanks agent 018 for answering my question on what evidence you have that the woman in question is "native". lol

Anansi, GAS is using text book provocateur tactics: take advantage of any division in the ranks of the enemy.

-

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -
Critical Assessments of Joel Augustus Rogers

Although Joel Augustus Rogers was largely self-trained, some of the most distinguished scholars of the twentieth century have acknowledged our debt to him. Dr. William E. B. DuBois (1868-1963), perhaps the greatest scholar in American history, wrote that, "No man living has revealed so many important facts about the Negro race as has Rogers." The eminent anthropologist and sociologist J.G. St. Clair Drake wrote that:

"No discussion of comparative race relations would be complete without consideration of the work of the highly motivated, self-trained historian Joel A. Rogers. Endowed with unusual talent, Rogers rose to become one of the best-informed individuals in the world on Black history, writing and publishing his own books without any kind of organizational or foundation support."

In April 1987, in a personal interview with me, Professor John G. Jackson (1907-1993) said that:

"Rogers came from Jamaica in the West Indies. He settled in Chicago. He eventually took a job as a Pullman porter so he could visit different cities and libraries and do research. I got an interesting story about that. The story was that in a lot of large cities a lot of libraries were for whites only. Black people weren't permitted to go into them. So Rogers had to pay the Pullman conductor to go to the libraries and take out books from them. The conductor said, "Rogers, I believe you're a damn fool. But if you want to throw away your money that way, I'm willing to cooperate."

Rogers was a field anthropologist. He traveled to sixty different nations and did a lot of research and observing. He had been told when he was a child in Sunday School that God had cursed the Black man and made him inferior. Rogers wanted to prove that the Black man was not inferior."

After a short illness, Joel Augustus Rogers died in New York City in March 1966 at the beginning of the Black Studies movement. His widow, Helga M. Rogers, reported that "he suffered a stroke while visiting friends and continuing to do research in Washington." His labors, however, were not in vain. He impact was enormous, his legacy colossal, his place in history secure. Joel Augustus Rogers was a man without peer in gathering up and binding the missing pages of African history. Indeed, Rogers, in the words of Dr. John Henrik Clarke, "looked at the history of people of African origin, and showed how their history is an inseparable part of the history of mankind."
www.africawithin.com/bios/joel_rogers.htm
 -
"What does he know of cricket who only cricket knows?" (Beyond a Boundary)

"We live in one world and we have to find out what is taking place in the world. And I, a man of the Caribbean, have found that it is in the study of Western literature, Western philosophy and Western history that I have found out the things that I have found out, even about the underdeveloped countries." ("Discovering Literature in Trinidad: the 1930s")

"I denounce the scholarship of European colonialism, but I respect the learning and profound discoveries of Western civilisation."
www.phillwebb.net/.../Caribbean/James/James.htm

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Anguish I am watching closely been burnt before...but I like to giving benefit of the doubt perhaps my greatest weakness. [Embarrassed]
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Global is a really really smart Junior.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

You can't call yourself a true Afrocentric Black scholar while you mix your blood with a group of people that have enslaved you, exploited you, hated you, and oppressed you for so many years. How can you consider this feat to be admiral? How can you condemn the white man for oppressing our great people while bringing a white woman home to kiss? How can we build a great Black Afrikan State WHEN we aren't producing Black children?
So you actually propose that there's an inherent difference between "groups of people" that filters all the way down to the INDIVIDUAL? That white people walk around with some sort of cellular memory of their forefather's crimes, even bearing most of the blame as if their very being is an offense to your contrived black race/community of sufferers? Sorry, but Black people can make decisions for themselves and take care of themselves without someone trying to restrict their freedom of social interaction based on racialist tenets rooted in tribal solidarity. Maybe it's because you're still young (as am I) and are just now being exposed to the different variants of Black consciousness so you may feel that this outdated, separatist approach is the way to go as it's rebellious and was at one moment in time popular, but honestly you seem very misguided and I only hope that you learn to judge people for who they are.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_01
Member # 15687

Rate Member
What's wrong with a black man marrying a Hispanic or Native woman? Those peoples do not make up the dominant classes. For that reason, it seems rather limited to knock that.

quote:
Thanks agent 018 for answering my question on what evidence you have that the woman in question is "native". lol

Anansi, GAS is using text book provocateur tactics: take advantage of any division in the ranks of the enemy.

-

Becoming rather obvious.
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

So you actually propose that there's an inherent difference between "groups of people" that filters all the way down to the INDIVIDUAL? That white people walk around with some sort of cellular memory of their forefather's crimes, even bearing most of the blame as if their very being is an offense to your contrived black race/community of sufferers? Sorry, but Black people can make decisions for themselves and take care of themselves without someone trying to restrict their freedom of social interaction based on racialist tenets rooted in tribal solidarity. Maybe it's because you're still young (as am I) and are just now being exposed to the different variants of Black consciousness so you may feel that this outdated, separatist approach is the way to go as it's rebellious and was at one moment in time popular, but honestly you seem very misguided and I only hope that you learn to judge people for who they are.
How can you condone something as sick as interracial dating?You are a traitor. Whether or not you realize it, you are the type of individual that is the BIGGEST threat to the black race...the one who miscegenates and so disgustingly gives themselves up. The; race that has NO respect for black people, the race that has single-handedly DESTROYED AFRICA, the race that manufactures and supplies the weapons to soldiers, so that black people can continue to KILL each other and yet that's who you want to copulate with, that's who you want to mix with...you just go on ahead and indulge in your own personal endeavors...even if your actions are destroying our race.
Your words led me to believe you are dating a white woman if so you are truly a weak, despicable individual for the fact that you would feign to actually care about Africa and Africans. But here we see you fleeing to the; enemy camp and satisfying them and promising to help them continue their dominance and hegemony over BLACK people. That's what you're doing, whether or not your cognitive capacities are sophisticated enough to realize.

It's just a testament to your ignorance and do the fact that, at the end of the day, you really don't give a damn about black people and you never really did obviously and it actually disgusts me that you would ever lie about having such sentiments in the first place. Goes to show who is truly phony and fake...in our future, there; will be no place for traitors...you're not one of us anymore, you're no longer on our side.

Global Afrikan Supremacy, will be the political structure of the future.

GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_01:
[QB] What's wrong with a black man marrying a Hispanic or Native woman? Those peoples do not make up the dominant classes. For that reason, it seems rather limited to knock that.

Why don't you just come out and say it? You believe Black women are unattractive don't you? Why else would you come at me with these lame excuses? "OH, its okay if we date non-Black women, so long as theyy aren't apart of the dominant class'. The fact that I am ONLY attracted to black women is a good thing because the black family is an integral part of black society and its impossible to form a strong black community when we are to busy producing non-black children.
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

BOTTOM LINE, interracial dating is NOT conducive TO the development of a strong BLACK community SO it should NOT be encouraged amongst Afrocentric groups. HOW can I ADVOCATE Black power and afrikan liberation, and come home with some WHITE WOMAN on my arms? TELL ME what BENEFIT can possibly come from, DATING a member of a race that has explioted, mistreated, and dehumanized my race for so long? How can we BUILD strong economically self-sufficient BLACK HOUSEHOLDS and BLACK communities WITH A WHITE WIFE IN THE HOUSE?

Look, Sundjata do what you do, go date your UGLY white women but DON'T you ever disrespect my RACE ever again by shouting BLACK POWER and pretending as if you truly care about black empowerment and afrikan liberation if you're going to partake in some vile, disgusting NONSENSE like dating outside your race.

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy = nonblack troll. [Roll Eyes]
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
GlobalAfrikanSupremacy = nonblack troll. [Roll Eyes]

Great argument, you TOTALLY proved why we in the afrocentric community should accept interracial dating. [Roll Eyes] Take your paranoia, silly accusations and foolish nonsensical statements elsewhere. I am not a troll I am a black man dedicated to Global Afrikan Supremacy.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
He talks the talk but is he really in junior high????

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

GlobalAfrikanSupremacy
Member # 16906

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
He talks the talk but is he really in junior high????

I never said I was in Junior High School I clearly stated I was a Junior (third year) a.k.a eleventh grade in HIGH SCHOOL.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Missed it?? I'll explain: +/- a few years is not the point. Seem mature beyond your apparent age.
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the race that has single-handedly DESTROYED AFRICA
Greetings.

ummm...NOT. [Roll Eyes] The Europeans took up where the ARABS left off...do you not real-eyes HOW LONG the ARABS were enslaving AFRICANS and tearing up Africa LONG BEFORE the Europeans came in with their f**kery.....by any chance, have you read THE DESTRUCTION OF BLACK CIVILIZATION, GREAT ISSUES OF A RACE FROM 4500 BC TO 2000 AD, by Chancellor Williams.

htp

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
quote:
when we are to busy producing non-black children.
[Roll Eyes]

'white' + 'white' = 'white'
'white' + Black = Black
Black + Black = Black
Black + Asian = Black
Black + Hispanic of any phenotype = Black
Anything + Black = Black

Any questions?

quote:
Global Afrikan Supremacy.
Would the oppressed lift up and become the oppressor themselves to become that which they fought so hard against (and died) for so long...in the bigger picta, is no more than just a role reversal my youth....Black People are better than that!

htp

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
OK!! there is an old Jamaican saying I just made-up 5 seconds ago DON'T WATCH WHAT I DO WITH MA DICK WATCH WHAT I WITH MA SCRIPT... [Big Grin]
no copywrite infringment..if ah see it on a t-shirt or bumper sticker..u o me money.. [Big Grin]

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^. . .but one word. Hypocrite!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
OK!! there is an old Jamaican saying I just made-up 5 seconds ago DON'T WATCH WHAT I DO WITH MA DICK WATCH WHAT I WITH MA SCRIPT... [Big Grin]
no copywrite infringment..if ah see it on a t-shirt or bumper sticker..u o me money.. [Big Grin]

Hammer
Member # 17003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walter Williams and Clarence Thomas.
Posts: 2036 | From: Texas | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Clarence Thomas is not a scholar you idiot. lol
fawal
Member # 16388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fawal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am a Junior in High-School and I have only started really studying Afrikan History,Politics, and economics for about a year and a half. During my research I have come across several 'Afrocentric' scholars I deeply admire and I have ranked them in order of their contributions to the Afrocentric Movement.
Number 5
 -

Dr Ivan Sertima gave very powerful lectures. He wrote books about the Moors, Olmecs, and the Egyptians. When I listen to this man he inspires me so very much.
 -
Number 4

Doug is a fully rounded Afrocentric scholar. While Dr Ivan Sertima focused mainly on History, Doug has demonstrated he is an expert with regards to AFRIKAN History, Afrikan economics, and Afrikcan politics. I used to look up to Robert Mugabe as one of my heroes before I read some of Doug's post.
Number 3
 -

Much of the research on Kemetian philosophy and Kemetian Religion comes DIRECTLY from Dr Ben. The Information on Isis, Horus, and the Black Mary comes directly from him.
Number 2
 -

His book the Blueprint for Black Power details a master plan for the power revolution necessary for Black survival in the 21st century. Blueprints posits that an African American/Caribbean/Pan-African bloc would be most potent for the generation and delivery of Black power in the United States and the World to counter White and Asian power networks. Wilson frames this imperative by deconstructing the U.S. elite power structure of government, political parties, think tanks, corporations, foundations, media, interest groups, banking and foreign investment particulars. Potentially strong Black institutions as the church, media and think tanks; industry; collectives such as investment clubs and credit unions; rotating credit associations such as Afrikan-originated esusu, tontine and partner are analyzed. Pan-Afrikanism, Black Nationalism, ethnocentrism and reparation are assessed, often misused and underused financial institutions as securities, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, underwriting, and incubators advocated, thus elucidating oft-negated opportunities for economic empowerment.

Number 1
 -

hn Henrik Clarke (January 1, 1915 - July 16, 1998), born John Henry Clark, was a Pan-Africanist American writer, historian, professor, and a pioneer in the creation of Africana studies and professional institutions in academia starting in the late 1960s.
He was Professor of African World History and in 1969 founding chairman of the Department of Black and Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College of the City University of New York. He also was the Carter G. Woodson Distinguished Visiting Professor of African History at Cornell University’s Africana Studies and Research Center. In 1968 along with the Black Caucus of the African Studies Association, Clarke founded the African Heritage Studies Association.
A self-educated intellectual, Clarke documented the histories and contributions of African peoples in Africa and the diaspora, creating an Afrocentric perspective.

"Black Scholar" is an oxymoron. I'm curious to know where exactly all these loud-mouthed gorillas fall on the IQ spectrum.
Posts: 138 | From: تونس | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com