EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Why can't we locate such Ancient Egyptians sculpture with these features? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Why can't we locate such Ancient Egyptians sculpture with these features?
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 676 | From: the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Simple Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
quote:
Originally posted by the lyingass:

-  -
could be anybody

But it's NOT just anybody. It is Menkaura an AFRICAN (not a Eurasian) king.
You are definitely a delusional idiot if you think that any one of these look like the typical negroid African. Go eat some pizza. lol
Posts: 676 | From: the Alpha and the Omega | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
More Old Kingdom.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Blue eyed and from the Old Kingdom.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Another Old Kingdom statue that looks to have blue eyes.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
And yet another image from the Old Kingdom.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Even more from the Old Kingdom.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
A relief showing a very striking contrast between slaves and the Egyptians themselves.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
More Old Kingdom stuff showing the original way the Egyptians portrayed the red coloring of the man with the light coloring of the woman.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Old Kingdom relief.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Old Kingdom and made of wood so they are naturally darkened.

-

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
quote:

By the way here is a closer look at Menkaure above:

-
 -

Whites like you must have issues to want to claim BLACK heritage.

Everyone needs to go to the website www.returntoglory.org and see exactly where you lifted these two images delusional one.lol They look to be a little photofixed.lol
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

A Simple Girl, what do you think about the Amenhotep III below previously posted?

-

^^^just looking at this piece specifically it appears to have typical black features, do you agree?

-

^^^^also King Sahure

-

^^^^they have a skin tone which is common in a lot of Egyptian art a medium reddish brown skin tone, definitely not "light skinned"

I would conclude that some ancient Egyptians were what are considered "black people"

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curiously enough, the tiresome nit-picking re nasal and labial indices of Africans is never pursued in the case of East Asians. In the latter case any casual observation of the East Asian physiognomy shows a wide range of nasal indices--even within groups that are supposed to be fairly homogeneous: Han Chinese for example. And as you go further South in East Asia labial indices ranges do approximate those of Africa.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curiously enough, the tiresome nit-picking re nasal and labial indices of Africans is never pursued in the case of East Asians. In the latter case any casual observation of the East Asian physiognomy shows a wide range of nasal indices--even within groups that are supposed to be fairly homogeneous: Han Chinese for example. And as you go further South in East Asia labial indices ranges do approximate those of Africa.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -
Quite true Lamin no one cares about nose difference in Asians
 -  -
But they get all hot n bothered over nasal indices amongst Africans.. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

___________________________AFRICANS

-

-

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

A Simple Girl, what do you think about the Amenhotep III below previously posted?

-

^^^just looking at this piece specifically it appears to have typical black features, do you agree?

-

^^^^also King Sahure

-

^^^^they have a skin tone which is common in a lot of Egyptian art a medium reddish brown skin tone, definitely not "light skinned"

I would conclude that some ancient Egyptians were what are considered "black people"

Yes of course there were. I agree with you that Egypt was a combined racial mix of people.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^The West is the best.

I've freakin seen some awesome pictures of Berber dress and those who wear Kente. Where are all those pictures Doug or King posted of Tuareg looking hard as hell? It was those mofos alone (as far as the picture) in the desert, even a few chick's pictures i've seen (well one was Siwa -- do they just consider themselves Berber or also show solidarity with Kel Tamasheq?)

Back on point though:

-

(^clickable)

-

What's so amazing in the art is the attention to detail not just in the way of facial features but also individual demeanors. The bottom picture isn't ancient "Egyptian" though, it is Medjay. Like the guy who was said to be such in "The Mummy":

-

Cool guy and bird though. I'm just sayin they could have gotten that one a bit closer. [Big Grin]

And on that note, on the topic of this thread

4 Common Types:

-

1.) just African

I find many pictures to me - no matter the nose width, facial height, or whatever else folks emphasize - have something about them which purely suggests Africa ("pure" said for emphasis as if in casual conversation, not said for scientific accuracy -- i don't believe in any actual such archetypal proxy phenotype from which to guage a person's "Africanity"). This is type

-

2.) ambiguous features

Then there are those who look like they could be viewed a number of ways because people see what they want to. At the moment looks totally and perfectly black but there are times i might glance at these and others from the mixed region living today in and outside of Egypt come to mind. But i usually don't mind over it or think about it for more than a second and a half.

-

3.) Combination of 1 and 4

Then there are individuals who when i see them they look like a mixture of type 1.) the obvious African phenotype (regardless of nose width or other things Aryocentrists get boners over) and type 4.) (below) who when i see these i tend to think of how many people there are TODAY in regions that comprised the a. egyptian world / empire must have had daddies or great great ^ x grand fathers who looked like the above.

People tend to over think about influence on ancient egypt -- it was a superpower that lasted for over 3 millenia, even in its Wane easily (the way they recount it at least) putting down and enslaving such scourges as the invading Sea Peoples (a Sea fairing band of destroyers of a number of other mighty civilizations in Eurasia before putting Egypt in their sights).

There is ample, no, buku evidence of Nile Valley influence on West Eurasia's people's genetics / ancestry, alphabets, religion, culture / lifestyle, food, etc. Even before the Pharaohs. So why can't they be Egyptian mixed? This study of the an ancient Israel culture and people called Natufians who are believed to be responsible for the "Neolithic" or people in the Middle East and Europe learning how to farm are said by a 2005 or 6 study to have had about as much of "a clear sub-Saharan component" in them as Eurasian component evident in them.

-

4.) Beak nosed

I was trying really hard to look up a picture of a fairly Caucasian-Middle Eastern looking individual. Any other day the pics of this type aren't hard to find. Anyway did as well as i could. Lamin brought up an excellent point. Even before, but especially after seeing many pictures and reading studies on ancient Egyptian homogeneity (them all resembling themselves more so than any other population -- whoever those were) in terms of certain traits at least i don't really have much of an issue with the majority (at least 60%) of "beak nosed" pictures i see, in terms of questioning their native "Egyptianity" and "Africanity".

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now this is without systematic analysis -- my normal opinion upon glancing or happening on photos.

There are times where i can see how some wishful thinkers interpret non-black but they look just like cousins, family, and folks lifted straight off of Brooklyn square:

-

-

Then there's the obvious (even if not archetypal forest negro)

-

Then there are the countless obvious archetypal African looking types:

-

-

-

And they get much much more obvious than that.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

I would call these the average ancient egyptian phenotype:

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Whatbox
Member # 10819

For simple:

the Inobvious:

-

-

Then there's the complete inobvious whom i could see Euro- and mixo- centrists claiming but ...

-

who could very well have been and whom i just looking at the photo take to have been a perfectly non mixed and native Nile Valley dweller.

On another note, anyone know if this picture is fake?

-

It's not a racial thing -- this to me looks ambiguous in that they are dark / medium of hue, and have beards. Could look like ancient Israel or Arabia.

It's just that it's styled like ancient Egyptian art and they didn't wear beards like that and even the head gear and other things just looks totally off. I've seen galleries of thousands of images and have not seen one like this and can at times spot phonies.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Is that a hooka?the green bottle thingy.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The figure in the middle doesn't stand out from other Ancient Egyptian citizens to me. The figure on the right is highly questionable, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of his apparel and his, albeit rather odd looking, nemes headgear. Why a Nemes wearing figure would allow himself to be depicted seated lower than both the aiding and the other seated figure is beyond me. The figure on the left is a whole nother story. Aside from his necklace and the spear behind him, he looks nothing like Ancient Egyptians and reminds me of Mesopotamian, Elamite and Indian characters.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

^Right.

quote:
The figure on the right is highly questionable, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of his apparel and his, albeit rather odd looking, nemes headgear.
That beard tho [Big Grin] ... just seems too messy for ancient Egyptian standards. Now i know they had beards.

--------------------

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off the top I can recall a couple of depictions of royals sporting beards, but they're usually of the trimmed side burn variety, that gradually morph into fake beards near the chin.

-

The only facial hair that I can recall, which resembles what you posted earlier, is of a commoner on a wall but I can't locate it. Sometimes none-goatee beards are depicted on Pharao's, see the ''Hyksos'' statues.

Where did you find the picture?
After examining it a bit more, I've come to the conclusion that it must be a fake, or a tampered with version of a real wall relief. The reason why is because aside from the already mentioned reasons, there is absolutely no formal posing going on of the type that one would expect in a setting wherein Egyptian royalty receives foreign visitors. They're positioned in a manner which seems totally copied off of the King Tut (chair) scene where he is depicted with his girlfriend.

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

A google search. The site is corbisimages, i recall actually visiting the site and reckoning it fake.

My guess just from looking at it is it's definitely fake, from going to the site, it might be fake, so i'm not assuming it's real and yes it does seem familiar to that scene one of my first thoughts was i've seen it before but different.

--------------------

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Your initial suspicions were on point
'Calabooz'
Member # 18223

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Calabooz'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Simple Girl:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

-

-

^^^^also King Sahure

-

Yes of course there were. I agree with you that Egypt was a combined racial mix of people.
Combined racial mix implies significant admixture from non-Africans. If you can provide evidence for something like that, feel free. Otherwise, those of us in reality realise the diversity in Africa is not due to admixture. As for lioness, I believe you have a narrow sense of what "black people" look like. I would say that most AE were what we would call "black" in the modern world.
Posts: 46 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ But that is what these fools fail to realize! That black Africans naturally vary in features. Why is that so hard to believe especially when genetics proves that Africans as the oldest living populations possess the greatest genetic diversity?!

quote:
Originally posted by A Simple Mind Wasted:
More Old Kingdom.

-

Hemiunu's statue was discovered with the head broken off and the face damaged.

-

It was later restored likely incorrectly.

-

quote:

-

Your point?

-
quote:
You are definitely a delusional idiot if you think that any one of these look like the typical negroid African. Go eat some pizza. lol
Again you fail to realize that it is YOU who is the delusional idiot if you think that all blacks must have the same stereotypical traits.

Here is another African who doesn't.

-

Instead of eating pizza, you need to read more or go visit Africa, dummy!

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Simple Mind:

More Old Kingdom.

-

Yes and you can see his original black complexion is faded.

Here is more:

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by A Simple Idiot:

Blue eyed and from the Old Kingdom.

-

I thought I explained to you the eyes are marble that reflect light creating the illusion of bluish eyes!

Here is a closer inspection.

-

Even closer.

-

As you can see, they are not really blue at all but dark gray that lights up when light is reflected, idiot.
quote:
Another Old Kingdom statue that looks to have blue eyes.

-

You are definitely deranged as anyone with good eyesight can clearly see that the statue is painted with BLACK pupils! LOL
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Everyone needs to go to the website www.returntoglory.org and see exactly where you lifted these two images delusional one.lol They look to be a little photofixed.lol

Everyone in here knows about that site, but where is your proof that the photo was "fixed" or ANY of the photos there for that matter? LOL Again you offer nothing but bad conjectures based on nothing more than your wishful thinking. Sorry little girl there is no such thing as white let alone blue-eyed Egyptians. LOL [Big Grin]

quote:

A relief showing a very striking contrast between slaves and the Egyptians themselves.

-

Yet most slaves in Egypt were Asiatics NOT Kushite Nubians. Nice lie.

Here are portraits of Egyptian KINGS.

-

-
 -

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
More Old Kingdom stuff showing the original way the Egyptians portrayed the red coloring of the man with the light coloring of the woman.

-

Actually it is a reddish DARK BROWN.

The same color seen here:

-

-

-

Modern Giza Egyptian
 -

^ Notice his features including the long pointy nose are not the "typical negroid" features dummies like Simple Brain believe in.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

...I would conclude that some ancient Egyptians were what are considered "black people"

Of course you would, because you can't accept the FACT that it was ALL Egyptians since all Egyptians are indigenous to Africa and thus BLACK.

However your belief that "some" were only makes you 50% accurate compared to Simple Brain who is 0%. LOL

quote:

___________________________AFRICANS

-

-

Yes. Modern Africans of mixed-Eurasian ancestry.

I'm sure their ancient more pristine ancestors were totally black in appearance.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Not to mention her pic is likely restoration -- the paints on more thoroughly (at least for "nubians"; ancient egyptians' white garb is barely any whiter than the background on which they're painted):

-

In terms of facial profile they don't appear much different: ok these war captives look more wrinkled and rough but not much moreso than egyptian workers (folks of similar status) and their lower facial profiles seem bigger.

-

^Black power! [Big Grin]

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ says he who is white.
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Theze nuts muhfukha..

Seriously what has this guy wrapped around my nutz like that?

Why's he always grabbing for my nuts?? [Big Grin] You're pretty lame for a 'black' person.

All i have ta say is

http://www.

erosblog.com/sex-blog-pictures/doggy-style.gif

&

http://video

beta.net/gifs/8449.gif

http://www.

extremegifs.com/pictures/albums/porn/1009-extremegifs_com-Black-and-Blonde-doggy-style-981.gif

u! [Big Grin]

http://bitethisfirebird.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/stfu.jpg

lol

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Hemiunu's statue was discovered with the head broken off and the face damaged.

It was later restored likely incorrectly.

I'm wondering why you would assume that the restoration was likely incorrect?

-don't go ape on me

A Simple Girl
Member # 18316

Rate Member
Another Old Kingdom image of Hemiunu as a younger man.

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ The Simpleminded girl above fails to realize she lost her argument a long time ago. Blacks vary in features so unpainted or paint-loss portraits showing thin lips and narrow noses proves NOTHING.
quote:

-don't go ape on me

LOL No need to "go ape". The face of Hemiunu was shattered and found in pieces. Some pieces were able to fit back while most were too small and just crumbs of rock. As you can see in the closer image above most of the lost stone comprised the nose which was redone with new material. As such I question the very authenticity of the nose and overall face. What makes you think the restoration is any accurate??
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:

^ says he who is white.

Not that it really matters, but what makes you think Whatbox is white? Also, aren't you the last to talk? LOL
'Calabooz'
Member # 18223

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Calabooz'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 46 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Calabooz'
Member # 18223

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Everyone in here knows about that site, but where is your proof that the photo was "fixed" or ANY of the photos there for that matter? LOL Again you offer nothing but bad conjectures based on nothing more than your wishful thinking. Sorry little girl there is no such thing as white let alone blue-eyed Egyptians. LOL [Big Grin]

quote:

-

Yet most slaves in Egypt were Asiatics NOT Kushite Nubians. Nice lie.

Here are portraits of Egyptian KINGS.

-

-
 -

-

About the image of Amenhotep III: Could you give me a link to the image? I've seen some argue it is fake, and then show another image which might be the original. Not that it matters, as both look equally like a "black person.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

quote:
^ The Simpleminded girl above fails to realize she lost her argument a long time ago. Blacks vary in features so unpainted or paint-loss portraits showing thin lips and narrow noses proves NOTHING.
quote:

-don't go ape on me

LOL No need to "go ape". The face of Hemiunu was shattered and found in pieces. Some pieces were able to fit back while most were too small and just crumbs of rock. As you can see in the closer image above most of the lost stone comprised the nose which was redone with new material. As such I question the very authenticity of the nose and overall face. What makes you think the restoration is any accurate??
alTakruri, Djehuti's saying that the relief here probably represents Hemiunu better than the sculpture posted previously. In the relief his nose looks larger sticking out more.
He also has those slit type narrow type nostrils you have been describing lately as white people type nostrils.
What do you think? whites in AE or some kind of anomaly?

Djehuti, don't jump in alTakr can answer it

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Whatbox:
what has this guy wrapped around my nutz like that?

You wish, queer.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by anguishofbeing:

^ says he who is white.

Not that it really matters, but what makes you think Whatbox is white? Also, aren't you the last to talk? LOL
 -

Go light your candles, wannabe. LOL

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
anguishofbeing worships white existentialists and has the German word dasein at the bottom of his threads.

I'm not saying it's wrong but it seems a little odd.

below he will be posting some more Jewish holocaust stuff, we know how he do

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
I would worship Jewish "holocaust survivors" but there is no such thing. [Roll Eyes]
argyle104
Member # 14634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for argyle104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is this obsession with other people's looks?

Only in the U.S. can you find this sort of psychotic depravity.

Seriously people like lioness and alTakruri looking at people's nostrils?

Think about that folks.

Posts: 3085 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by argyle104:

Seriously people like lioness and alTakruri looking at people's nostrils?

Think about that folks. [/QB]

alTakruri is doing innovate nostril research,
others are into limbs

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com