EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Comparing Egypt and other African Cultures..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Comparing Egypt and other African Cultures..
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Lioness but you are one in many Africans..
(Nothing Personal against Lioness(the Head Hyena.JK)

Central/West African combs and Egyptian combs compared..

Ghana

-  -

-

All Akan speaking women of Ghana, the Anyi, Ashanti, Baule, Fante and their slaves included, used hair combs. Depending on her wealth or beauty, a woman might have owned three or four. They could have been purchased, obtained as a gift from admirers, or presented at marriage. Huge old bridal examples were used to adorn the home.

-

Mozambiqe

-

Congo

-

-

^^^
So Cool, I kinda wish Combs like that became a syle in African American Communities to stop the B.S idea of Nappy Hair.

I've always found it Cool that I could put Pens and Combs in my hair. No other Races can do that because their hair is too thin. Also its funny how my Hispanic/White friends are suprised that Black Hair is Soft, they think its rough like a Brillo pad.

any way Never knew Africans held such respect for sticking combs in our Hair. I wonder if African's feel the same way!!
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
 -

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:

we had such combs growing up as a matter of fact we had both the others are just hair broaches.

don't know about you but I could only the top part of that comb, ouch

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More Combs from Congo

-

-

-

-

-
^^^^
Damn that is so damn Cool!! Don't know why but I like it!! So beautiful!!! Would Love to have some!!

-

Info:

Galerie Ezakwantu purchased a collection of reed combs or hair ornaments, collected in the Congo during colonial times. Some are double sided, while some are single and or wired. Copper, brass and nickel plated iron wire was used in the region. Wooden wicker tines were carved to form, narrowed, widened, bound with wire and / or reed, to create appeasing hair ornaments meant to adorn the hair and please the eye.

http://www.ezakwantu.com/Gallery%20African%20Combs%20-%20Hair%20Ornaments.htm

Think I might do a Video on this!!

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Egypt

-

-

-

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More and lore we realize exactly how very far contributions whites have given the world.
Outside of "modernized" ancient weapons, I see nothing of value coming from the minds of Albinos.

--------------------
Melanin King 4Shared Ebook and video depository;
http://www.4shared.com/u/vprmsqkz/1027fc89/melaninking.html

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chosen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JCMJ, what is the date on the Egyptian combs (not to be confused with Afro "pick")?

-

500 AD

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
@ Afronut..

Dude I never posted that Comb It was a response to Lioness. Look at the Combs found from Ta Seti and Heirokonpolis and compare them to the Combs from Ghana.

Also Compare the so called Thin side of the Comb two sided comb from Mozambique.

More

Ghanaian people frequently use proverbs in daily life to clarify anything and everything. The wide verity of abstract and naturalistic shapes found on their combs, for the most part represent local proverbs. Combs and the carvings found on them, reveal these proverbs without the use of words.

-

Cote De Ivory

-

-

Egypt

-

-

Angola

-

-

Obviously African across the continent considered Combs to be a Spritual as well as a Fashion statement.

More comparisons coming!!

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Well I think Europeans like all people borrowed from other cultures and made them their own. I do like some aspects of European History and culture.

Anyway check out my thread on 1st hand Sources on Africans and African Empires..

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004114

Im of the opinion the the Culture that built Egypt originated in the Western Desert before the Sahrah dried up and Spread to the Nile Valley and all through Africa though it was personalized to certain regions.

quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
More and lore we realize exactly how very far contributions whites have given the world.
Outside of "modernized" ancient weapons, I see nothing of value coming from the minds of Albinos.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Comb, Amarna, Dynasty 18, reign of Akhenaten (1353-1336 BCE), Wood
University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology

-

Ornamental comb, Amazon $12.00

-

Black Power

-

White Power

Posts: 42930 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Dammann
Member # 18256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Dammann   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome post Jari

--------------------
Why are so many royals and Presidents rhesus negative?

The Rhesus Negative network

Posts: 67 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

-

White Power

And what you lack, is brain power (and/or eye sight).

-

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Great One
Banned
Member # 18613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Great One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me "House Negro" Jari:
Egypt

-

-

-

The Jammed Brain Kid Jari proves again, that you can lead a "House Negro" to battle, but you can't make him use his head.

He has to defend his White Slave Master, regardless of the truth.

Posts: 422 | From: Leave No Stone Unturned! | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^You need to stop quoting Malcolm X on house negroes, I've already shown you that according to Malcolm X, only a house negro would deny Egypt's africanity. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Now the black civilization that shook the white man up the most was the Egyptian civilization, and it was a black civilization. It was along the banks of the Nile which runs through the heart of Africa. But again this tricky white man, and he's tricky - and mind you again, when I say this, it's not a racist statement. Some of them might not be tricky, but all of them I've met are tricky. And his civilization shows his trickiness. This tricky white man was able to take the Egyptian civilization, write books about it, put pictures in those books, make movies for television and theatre - so skillfully that he has even convinced other white people that the ancient Egyptians were white themselves. They were African, they were as much African as you and I. And he even gave the clue away when he made his movie, "King Solomon's Mines," and he showed the Watusis, you know, with their black selves, and he outright admitted in there that they looked like the ancient pharaohs of ancient Egypt. Which means that the white man himself, he knows that the black man had this high civilization in Egypt, whose remains today show that the black man in that area had mastered mathematics, had mastered architecture, the science of building things, had even mastered astronomy.
---Brother Malcolm putting the beat down on the house negros. [Smile]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Aww Does it anger you that Km.t had more in common with West and Central africans than with some Mongoloid, Ali-Baba and the 10,000 theives Trade Route Robbing, Muktaba Gulf Arab trash, like your piss poor, camel herding Ancestors.

Does it hurt that your ancestors only have a Rock to their name??

-

Now Bow and Scrape before the Visage of the Nile Valley African like your Mongoloid sand dune dwelling ancestors before you!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ma-ass:
Blah Blah Blah

The Great One
Banned
Member # 18613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Great One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^
Malcolm X was wrong about Ancient Egypt and Islam, but he did tell people the truth about the enemy within.

I appreciate people who are willing to out their own comrades about the atrocities that are being done by their own kind.

You seem a little young in the capacity to grasp subtle issues, but if you try opening your mind a little, you'll see the bigger picture.

Mainly, Black People have no need to feel ashamed of their true heritage, and even if it wasn't extraordinary as the Ancient Egyptians, they should still push ahead with all their resources and talents.

Posts: 422 | From: Leave No Stone Unturned! | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ And you are just wrong about EVERYTHING.

Ancient Egyptian headrests

-

-

Ethiopian headrest
 -

Somali headrest
 -

headrest from Ghana
 -

Congolese headrest
 -

Kooky Khawaga put to rest
 -

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by Mau:
[QB] ^
Malcolm X was wrong about Ancient Egypt and Islam

That was never part of his confession, I have the bio right here. The two (Islam and ancient civilization) are in no way related as it pertained to his views on the house negro. Archaeology and anthropological research only validates him on the question of Egypt.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Beaded collars

South africa Xhosa Tribe

-

-

-

Egypt

-

-

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Islam a house?
Posts: 42930 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by Mau:
Mainly, Black People have no need to feel ashamed of their true heritage, and even if it wasn't extraordinary as the Ancient Egyptians, they should still push ahead with all their resources and talents.

I'll be straight forward with you. I don't for one minute claim to belong to Egypt's heritage outside of the realm of African, and then world heritage. I have no lineal relationship to ancient Egypt as far as I'm aware. I aspire, as a profession to study not Egypt, but locations near or within the inland niger as I find it a fascinating place that will indeed tell me more about my own family history. I just despise trickery, deceit, bias, and sloppy scholarship when it comes to African studies. Egypt is in Africa, it was peopled by Africans, and Africa IS a continent. All of the evidence that I have been able to synthesize points to this conclusion. I will concede that it is POSSIBLE that there was a Eurasian trickle effect that probably was most notable in the Northern areas, but nothing has ever suggested to me that Egypt wasn't peopled by populations that were by and large, genetically and culturally African. African to me means variant populations that arose in Africa, and yes if they arose in Africa they are related to others that arose in Africa (the term "Black" is not needed here to verify this broad unity). This to me is key.

I have no idea why you can never be civil and calmly lay out your case instead of waging all out tactical warfare with your spam threads.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Like you ancestors before you, your Muktaba Sand Dwelling arse despites Km.t bringing Chaos to my Thread and Like the Nile Valley Africans Ill put you in your place and restore Order out of Chaos.

Those who have fallen into evil and have planned rebellion have stultified their utterances through fear of him; the Asiatics will fall at the dread of him; the Libyans will fall at his flaming, the rebels at his wrath, the disaffected at / the awe of him, while the uraeus which is on his forehead will pacify the disaffected. Men will build "Walls of the Ruler," and there will be no letting the Asiatics go down into Egypt that they may beg water after their accustomed fashion to let their herds drink.-Prophecy of Neferti

-
___________^^^^^^^^^^^^
________Lioness/Mau aka Ma-ass/Simple Girl

Smiting the Hyenas!!!!

His majesty made a great slaughter among them-Ahmose Son of Ebana

quote:
^
Blah Blah Blah

JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just call me Jari:
Like you ancestors before you, your Muktaba Sand Dwelling arse despites Km.t bringing Chaos to my Thread and Like the Nile Valley Africans Ill put you in your place and restore Order out of Chaos.

Those who have fallen into evil and have planned rebellion have stultified their utterances through fear of him; the Asiatics will fall at the dread of him; the Libyans will fall at his flaming, the rebels at his wrath, the disaffected at / the awe of him, while the uraeus which is on his forehead will pacify the disaffected. Men will build "Walls of the Ruler," and there will be no letting the Asiatics go down into Egypt that they may beg water after their accustomed fashion to let their herds drink.-Prophecy of Neferti

-
___________^^^^^^^^^^^^
________Lioness/Mau aka Ma-ass/Simple Girl

Smiting the Hyenas!!!!

quote:
^
Blah Blah Blah

Someday maybe, pipe-dreams for now. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mau wrote:
quote:
Mau, the 2010 United Nations Human development index listed The Arab Republic of Egypt as ranking number 101 out of 169 countries. I hope you too push ahead with your resources and talents.
Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ The irony is that he is referring to ancient Egypt i.e. KMT which was a black African nation and not the modern day Aamu run Arab Republic of Egypt today.
Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Beaded collars

South africa Xhosa Tribe

-

Egyptian
 -

Mpondo collar
 -

Masai collar
 -

Khawaga held by his collar by his Euro-master. [Big Grin]

-

Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apocalypse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother and child Kemet:  -

Mother and child Yoruba:  -

Posts: 1038 | From: Franklin Park, NJ | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Apocalypse
Member # 8587

Rate Member
Of Leopard skins!

-

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Leopard skins were worn by individuals who possess great spiritual knowledge and power thus members of the priesthood and the pharaoh who was high priest wore them.

Such is the same in Africa today with shamans or so-called "witch doctors" who wear leopard skin.

-

-

Mau-ze-Dumb, who claim's ancient Egypt's heritage is a wolf in sheep's clothing

-

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -
The Khopesh a Kemetian sword Binja sickle sword from Zaire
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001466

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ The khopesh is derived from the farm sickle and was used by people in Asia as well.

Egyptian army with spears and cowhide shields

-

Zulus with same arms

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up! The trolls seem too scared to touch this thread.
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Thanks for the Contributions, Brada, Jehuti, and Apoco!!

More

Egypt

-

Chokwe tribe Zambia

-

Egypt
 -

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ I like this picture better...

-

It's more traditional with the toplessness.

I remember when posting this comparison in another thread the crazy khawaga made the idiotic claim that this was due to Egyptian influence on Africa! As if the Egyptians introduced topless dancing to Africans! LMAO [Big Grin]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

Egypt

-

Chokwe tribe Zambia

-

Bambara people of West Africa wearing several animal masks...

-

^ The one in the center wears the totemic mask of Twi-Wara the male antelope god of virility.

King of Dahomey depicted with totemic lion's head

-

I've seen many pictures in books of West Africa of gods with panther heads as the panther was the god of kingship in West Africa just as the falcon was with Egypt and Sudan.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
More Egyptian Masks

-

-

-

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -    -
Nigerian Bes? Kemetian Bes, Congolese Bes? notice the skull necklace on all three
Please raid here for more comparisons an ol thread many of the pics are lost already
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=001807
 -
Yoruba and Kemeitan Ram headed Gods with collar

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
 -
Figure 1. (A) Egyptian stone sculpture shows the skull designating females of noble birth. (B) The elongated head of an African princess identifies her high societal ranking. From Henshen P: The Human Skull: A Cultural History. New York: Praeger Publishers, 1966. With permission from Praeger Publishers.
Btw the Princess would be a Tutsi
http://www.thebarrow.org/Education_And_Resources/Barrow_Quarterly/205261
 -
The Mangbetu live in central Africa,and like the Tutsi princess above she is from the Great lakes

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
bump for The Abaza Apep Serpent

-

Delneter
Member # 18733

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Delneter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Breaking News* - Exclusive Library of Congress Photo proves that the Sphynx had African/Negroid features and that Napoleon's Army didn't shoot it's nose and lips off - they were still intact in 1900!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhecjFTUQPk

--------------------
Delneter

Posts: 7 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Bump!!

Bump for Watson, the Englishman with an African Deity as his moniker!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com