EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » L

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: L
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You a death note fan? What's your opinion of Light Yagami?
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH YEAH! Great show lol, great show.

Light Yagami- One of my favorite characters on the show lol... I think that his goal was OK, as it sought to rid the world of criminals. But in the end he became a sadistic madman! It is interesting that he brought down the crime rate by like 70% or something.

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ If you read the manga, you find that the story there gets a little longer than the anime version. By the way, the live-action movie was wack. By the way, I think Light is one of those rare hero/anti-hero combo protagonists that's rare to come by in a story. The guy is obviously idealistic and wants to bring about a perfect society but his methodology makes so that it is really no justice but him wielding his power.
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never read it, but have you guys read other mangas??

Lone Wolf and Cub...

-

Its hard finding Manga like that here in the U.S most of it is just Naruto type Manga(Although Naruto is a good Manga)...

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Nope, haven't read that. Have you read Berserk? That is a good one. Kinda graphic though

--------------------
L Writes:

Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, have'nt read that.

Its been a while from the last time I read a Manga.

The last thing I read was Lone Wolf and Cub and Naruto.

Lone Wolf and Cub is pretty graphic, in the first part he "sneaks" his way into the palace to assasinate a prince(I believe), and kills a Elite guard with the flick of his wrist.

He uses his young son to fool his enemies.

-

I haven't finished it because I can't find all the vol.

Its good though!!

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Another one that I like is Path of the Assasin

-

Like Lone Wolf and Cub, it sticks to Japanese culture. This one is about This Ninja who has to protect some spoiled Prince who will become the future Shogun of Japan.

It’s not easy being Hattori Hanzo.

If he’s not teaching Leyasu, the young, future shogun, how to love, then he’s behind the scenes, teaching Leyasu how not to die in case of a momentary lapse of protection.

If you thought you had a tough job, try taking a pudgy, protected youngster, and making him into the leader who will unite Japan under his single rule.

From the creators of Lone Wolf & Cub comes a series about two young men bound to a nation’s potential future at a time when Japan was in transition from a warlike feudal state into an era of bureacracy and infighting.

Another quasi-historical tale from the masters of Japanese samurai culture, Path of the Assassin shows a side of feudal Japan that entertains with action as well as political drama.

Haven't finished that one either!!

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently finished watching and it turns out i'd been past half way through the entire series 'for i stopped watching altogether.

Light's obviously crazy, but the whole theme makes for an interesting series.

Initially, seeing all the books some dude who worked at Borders showed me after he explained it, i thought the show would be much longer.

I kept expecting him to free himself up more, but his hastiness bit him and the caboose and cost him big time.

That's one thing i didn't like -- how easy some of his mistakes were, and the fact that with a couple less he could have been very powerful. Not saying L wouldn't have eventually gotten close anyhow. And the ending! Just, wow. It was just sort of .. cheaply put together it seemed. And the show which aired on Adult Swim shortly after dude told me about it sure didn't make it seem like Light was as different in a cool way at the start as the novel must have influenced the guy to explain to me, but i guess he turned out ok in parts as the series developed in the early episodes other than the first. Also the ones I watched with the English captioned rather than spoken -- i didn't like them as much.

I'm sure the literature was much more well put together and involved. I mean dude made the story seem LONG and involved. And cool. I guess the C.I.A. and a lot of people got involved, it was just so short!

Liked 'L' though.

quote:
Originally posted by L':
OH YEAH! Great show lol, great show.

Light Yagami- One of my favorite characters on the show lol... I think that his goal was OK, as it sought to rid the world of criminals. But in the end he became a sadistic madman! It is interesting that he brought down the crime rate by like 70% or something.

Supposedly way back when in this town they fully legalized gun-wielding and there was no robbery for that entire duration of time.

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
whatever

-

lol
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Jari

I'm not impressed by a lot of anime but there've been a couple to catch my attention.

Number one is Cowboy Bebop, one of the greatest creations ever made even outside of the world of anime.

I watched and enjoyed the Lupin the 3rd series (series about a inheritance rich thief who steals from the rich) and the Case Closed series (a detective show where this apparent kid who's not really a kid can solve nearly any of the intriguing cases that come along, the latter for my CSI-like love of investigations in general.

I also really liked Spirited Away. Entertaining.

I've seen parts of:

FLCL (Fooly-Cooly or Furi Curi)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Paranoia Agent

And've been entertained.

I've also seen

Samurai Champloo

and Trigun.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

-

And Howl's moving Castle was kind of interesting, though I've only seen part(s) of it. ^^Above is the Witch of Waste aging (which I thought happened to another character in the movie).

May watch the whole thing some day.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I think all of Miyazaki's films are great. I was first introduced to him (and Anime in general) through Princess Mononoke. Excellent movie. [Smile]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Yes, yes they ARE!!!

Princess Mononoke was the first film by him that I watched as well lol. And several times since then.

--------------------
L Writes:

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ The first Miyazaki film I've seen was 'My Neighbor Totoro' or something. I saw it when I was kid and it strange.
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
^Oh yeah, lol. I liked that movie. Other good ones are: Castle in the Sky; Kiki's delivery service; and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. I haven't seen Ponyo, it's on Netflix, but I never get around to it.

--------------------
L Writes:

the lioness is a guy IRL
cassiterides banned yet again
Member # 18409

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness is a guy IRL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you noticed how Caucasian/white features (blonde, red hair, blue eyes and fair skin etc) are idealised in all magna/anime?

Every race craves or admires Caucasian features.

-

-
 -

Posts: 2408 | From: My mother's basement | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm more of a Western animation fan, especially Disney (Tarzan and Hunchback of Notre Dame are my favorites). I've only seen two Miyazaki movies, Princess Mononoke (which I liked) and Ponyo (which I disliked). One thing that bugs me a lot about the anime I've seen so far is the choppiness of the animation. I can understand a low-budget cartoon made for TV having such animation, but even Miyazaki's stuff has that quality.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of my favorite movies. I really like the latin songs. As a matter of fact, Death Note used one of the songs for their theme. Miyazaki's older films were sort of lower quality, kinda expected. But I don't see that in his more recent films (Spirited Away etc.,)

Of course, Cassiterides feels the need to bring "race" into every thread... even ones as simple as this one

Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Inuyasha:

-

Dragon Ball Z:

-

Whatbox
Member # 10819

^^True.

quote:
Originally posted by cassiterides:
Have you noticed how Caucasian/white features (blonde, red hair, blue eyes and fair skin etc) are idealised in all magna/anime?

Every race craves or admires Caucasian features.

-

-
 - [/QB]

A lot of shows, just get overly gay with it. Like with that first pic, the next two are more recoverable than it just going at first glance(with other things like the flow of the show, and stuff).
Adira and Marra
Member # 15917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adira and Marra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Why are you such a FOOL!!!!! Why would you overlay disgusting images with images that are supposed to be a positive. WHAT ARE YOU!! some kind of sado-masochist FREAK!!! I mean serously think about what you're doing!! LOL!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 525 | From: Terra | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com